Go down

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 [Page 17 of 23]

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:10 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I previously wrote about the separate M&G events today that HARUNA & MAMI + TOMOMI & RINA will be doing in Nagoya and Hiroshima, respectively, but it seems that MAMI is feeling under the weather and won't be participating!

Due to MAMI feeling unwell, HARUNA will be the only one appearing at the 「Asunal Kanayama presents Juliet×Asunal Treasure」 public recording event that will be held today. We apologize from the bottom of our hearts for informing you just before the event.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/704848115195482112

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:46 am

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
YELLOW is finally released!

I love all of them, but I have to give LOVE as the most pleasantly surprising song in the album ^_^ Great job TOMO!

By the way, do you guys happen to know whether YELLOW will be sold in ASEAN countries or not? Digital purchase is cool, but there is more to it to get the CD version ^_^

My order from CDJapan is on the way as well! Can't wait~ ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah that LINE playlist they put out of inspiring tracks from other artist makes a LOT of sense. 

This album goes from Nirvana to Carly Rae Jepsen via No Doubt, for sure. Really fun album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
So after going weeks dodging all these new song previews and LOVE ME DO MVs, I finally listened to the whole album.
It's fantastic. I'm so happy of what these girls have accomplished.

Currently I'm obsessing over "LOVE ME DO" and "Heaven na Kibun" .love. 
"LOVE ME DO" is so gosh darn catchy and cute and I love everything about it. The MV was really cute too.
"Heaven na Kibun" took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that at all lol (again, I was avoiding all previews and stuff).
The other really surprising song was "LOVE"! That song is really cool! So chill and sweet. Tomo did an amazing job.

And can we all just talk about Your song -English ver.- plz?lol
I was grinning ear to ear the whole time that my face hurt.
Sure, some parts are a little hard to understand, but I just love that they actually did it. They sang a whole song in English bc they know they have a lot of international fans and that just makes me so happy ; u;

I love how Haru actually said "BS" lol
I wonder who taught her that Tongue

The only song I think I'm gonna need some time to really like right now is "Konya wa Pizza Party". I like the energy, but Tomo's vocals were surprisingly too squeaky for me :O And they added a lot of little sound effects lol

But yeah, YELLOW will be on repeat for the next couple of weeks >w<

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:42 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Scandalsuki wrote:Before anyone goes ahead and buys those HiRes releases I recommend that you read this first: https://xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html HiRes stuff does not sound better than regular CDs. (comparing 24bit/96-192khz flac to 16bit/44.1khz flac. Any flac will of course be better than lossy formats like mp3 or aac). If you already have those CDs don't waste your money on these releases. If you want flac files without buying the physical CD it is ok though as I don't think there is any other source selling lossless SCANDAL music, correct me if I'm wrong.

My two cents, the main thing is if the same master were being used, I've listen to some HD releases the mix was slightly different, unsure if this was intentional or not, so its hard to compare. (Noticed extra high treble sound on Nakashima Mika Hi-Res releases)

But yeah if the original source was mastered for say CD standard, a HD version is not going to get any better. (One example is Norah Jones "Come Away with Me" which was recorded on analogue tape! But later sold as high res SACD etc. But fans will buy anyway)

I'm using the Scandal x Walkman Happy hehe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:50 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Is it just me or Your song Eng. version sounds harder than the original?

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:04 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:32 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yellow opened at #2 on the Oricon daily album chart with 14,922 copies! For comparison Hello World's first day sales was 18,967 copies, while Standard's was 21,979 copies.

It also intereting to note that fellow all-female band Silent Siren's and Shishamo's new releases opened at #3 (with 10,725 copies) and #6, respectively. I really hope we can beat Silent Siren's sales!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So far I like Room No. 7, LOVE ME DO, Morning Sun, Sunday Drive, Konya wa Pizza Party, SUKI-SUKI, Chiisana Honoo and Your Song (English ver.) a lot. Stamp! and Sisters are great as well but that was already clear last year. The other three songs are kind of average to me at the moment but it might change in the future.

Ono Sasazaki wrote:
I love how Haru actually said "BS" lol
I wonder who taught her that Tongue
It probably was Tony. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:05 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I eagerly look at each new post to see what someone has to say about the new album. I think we can agree a bigger majority of us are pleased with SCANDAL's efforts in this album compared to their previous releases. Kibun Na Heaven seems to be a world away from anything SCANDAL has composed and played. A dark grittier, mature tone. Room No.7, what a head start for the album. Sunday Drive, a settled cruising song, reminiscent of JET's Are You Gonna be My Girl, Tomo's Pizza Party again in a league of her own. Love... (someone's on something when they wrote this) very chill for the summer, Happy Birthday, a similar tone but I can't pin it down.

I must say I'm actually quite happy with this album. For the first time in a while I'm more than willing to listen to the each song without skipping. It weird as it might sound. SCANDAL finally sounds like a band should. Settled, 'matured', musicality refined to the actual band's taste. Hopefully they continue to explore more ground in future releases similar to that of this album. 10 years SCANDAL but I'm glad you finally made it.

__
I actually took off my headphones and had a good laugh when I heard the BS part in Your Song.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
neotono wrote:Is it just me or Your song Eng. version sounds harder than the original?

Yeah,  it does sound heavier than its Japanese counter part,  they re recorded, and  brought the instruments up a notch. I quite really like it, it gives off this grungey punk sound than the cleaner version (I still like that version)  I also noticed that Haruna sounded kinda boyish, and that BS part was just  .lol.

The album, is great almost every song,  (except Sisters)  I really like and it's on repeat (LOVE ME DO is good, but not repeat worthy to me), and I can't get enough of the album.  Heaven na Kibun is super wicked, it's easily my favorite from the album, LOVE is so good, very chill and laid back I love the chorus. Konya wa Pizza Party is funny energetic song, I love how crunchy the guitars are, but those noises was kinda a turn off(lol where the dog come from?)  Room no. 7 is a great rocking album opener,  and Sunday Drive is nice, really really love the chorus, kinda like how 60s it sound. Happy Birthday to me sounds like something from Best Scandal haha,  I really like it.   .balloon.
The rest of the songs(Stamp, Suki Suki, Chiisana Honoo, Morning Sun)  are still great.

My only problem is the total lack of guitar solos in majority of the new songs, we only got two .wew.

Tom Coyne did a great job with the engineering, the instruments all loud and not put on the back burner, it sounds very band like, I especially love the punchiness of Rina kick drum beater.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:11 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
A little underwhelmed by some the new songs on first listen (especially Love and Happy Birthday), but the listening conditions weren't the best. "Love Me Do" is still absolutely fantastic though.

And the English version of "Your Song" is pretty much useless after one listen. It really is a bonus track and nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
sillentdx wrote:Yellow opened at #2 on the Oricon daily album chart with 14,922 copies! For comparison Hello World's first day sales was 18,967 copies, while Standard's was 21,979 copies.

It also intereting to note that fellow all-female band Silent Siren's and Shishamo's new releases opened at #3 (with 10,725 copies) and #6, respectively. I really hope we can beat Silent Siren's sales!

I was expecting that. we've noticed that SCANDAL latest releases haven't sold like the releases from 2013 and 2014. I don't know if another popular all female band can beat them in sales like Silent Siren. I really hope that SCANDAL will sell more that 40.000 but honestly, It doesn't seem like that. Looks like they will sell the same as Encore Show

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:38 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
I'm especially pleased with this album. I love the variety of genres and it's so refreshing and new. 
I'm especially surprised about Love, I know beforehand that it's gonna be a reggae song and I'm not particularly into that kind of genre but wow, this is really good, it immediately made me think of being into the tropics, and also gives me a nice sunset feeling too plus Haruna's vocals are so mellow and so melodic like you're being serenaded. Room no. 7 sounds like a more badass version of Maboroshi Night, really a great opener. I actually like instrumental songs so I hope SCANDAL would do more of this. I can't take off my attention at that nonstop pedal drumming in Heaven no Kibun, like wow, this must be a challenging one for Rina but I like it, it's really nice to hear a different pattern. Pizza Party is a nice punk-pop song, and surprisingly I'm not really bothered by TOMO's squeaky and nasally voice. Sunday Drive is a pretty chill song, I like listening to that guitar strumming. That ending part in Happy Birthday is really sweet, this song kinda reminds me of Stereopony's Smilife (and no idea why) . I like all the songs but the ones that are more on top to me are Morning sun, Suki-suki, Love Me Do, Chiisana Honoo, Room no.7, and Pizza Party 
So yeah, it's really a great album with nice composition and melody and harmony. I'm happy they're exploring these new sounds and I'm contented with the result. They’re really identifying with being a musically talented band and I'm proud of them and I'm happy to be a fan who's also seen them grow up artistically  .smile.
 haha

Last edited by bad-apple on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:56 pm

astuffds

astuffds

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My new most favorite album!
Yeaaaah!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I totally fall for all of them! From the pop Love Me Do, funky Konya wa Pizza Party, grungy Heaven na Kibun, reggae Love to the emotional Chiisana Honoo. Especially pleased with their effort of retaking Your Song and making the English version.

They have been working very hard for more than a year and the result really shows! Fitting album for their 10th anniversary
.toj.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:43 pm

fishmcdippers

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
Is it just me, or is Yellow not available on iTunes US yet?  I just checked on my phone and couldn't find it...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
fishmcdippers wrote:Is it just me, or is Yellow not available on iTunes US yet?  I just checked on my phone and couldn't find it...

It is not available yet, I couldnt find it either, hopefully its u p soon!

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Congrats to the Swedish and French fans!
Yellow opened at #7 on the Swedish, and #28 on the French iTunes Store daily album chart!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:44 pm

SconeEd

SconeEd

Caless Student
Caless Student
Looking forward to this album... just reading all the comments has got me buzzing. And had the email from CDJAPAN this morning to say my copy has been dispatched. Just got to hold on a bit longer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:05 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I am quite upset that Yellow is not yet available on iTunes Philippines. -_-

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
sillentdx wrote:Congrats to the Swedish and French fans!
Yellow opened at #7 on the Swedish, and #28 on the French iTunes Store daily album chart!
Very interesting. I had no idea SCANDAL was popular at all in Sweden.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
MamiNoodles wrote:I am quite upset that Yellow is not yet available on iTunes Philippines. -_-
Most of us are waiting, don't be too perturbed...

So for those of you who have heard the whole album, what two songs would you have chosen as the singles? Are Stamp! and Sisters the two you would say are the best to represent the album as a whole? Do you feel choosing 2 different singles would have affected initial sales any more positively at all?

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
mio_akiyama wrote:
MamiNoodles wrote:I am quite upset that Yellow is not yet available on iTunes Philippines. -_-

Thanks for the encouragement buddy. Please bear with my impatience because I am planning to write an album review right after I purchase the digital copy of Yellow. At least, I have the Tee LE shipped via EMS to be received anytime this week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:49 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
MamiNoodles wrote:Thanks for the encouragement buddy. Please bear with my impatience because I am planning to write an album review right after I purchase the digital copy of Yellow. At least, I have the Tee LE shipped via EMS to be received anytime this week.
Mine is doubly awesome once I receive it - got the R-Girls Rock CD coming as well Happy

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 17 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:12 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
mio_akiyama wrote:

So for those of you who have heard the whole album, what two songs would you have chosen as the singles? Are Stamp! and Sisters the two you would say are the best to represent the album as a whole? Do you feel choosing 2 different singles would have affected initial sales any more positively at all?
I don't think we can think about it that way considering that "Stamp!" and probably "Sisters" too were created before any other song from Yellow.

I also think they very well represent what the album is about, i.e. trying new things, finding their own sound through various influences, and having fun. "Love Me Do" was a pretty good choice for advanced song too.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.