Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 [Page 18 of 23]

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:15 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The wait is killing me! I want my Yellow!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:38 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

flyingwill wrote:I don't think we can think about it that way considering that "Stamp!" and probably "Sisters" too were created before any other song from Yellow.

Just being technical here, but not every song:

-"Chiisana Honoo" is probably the 'oldest' song on the album; it was written in June 2014.
-"Happy Birthday" was also written in 2014.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the album is out and we've heard the songs in their entirety, you can kind of a get a better sense of what SCANDAL talks about in their YELLOW digest videos. If you guys want to check them out again (includes English subs):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3szj3c

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uf7oj

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:39 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
flyingwill wrote:
mio_akiyama wrote:So for those of you who have heard the whole album, what two songs would you have chosen as the singles? Are Stamp! and Sisters the two you would say are the best to represent the album as a whole? Do you feel choosing 2 different singles would have affected initial sales any more positively at all?
I don't think we can think about it that way considering that "Stamp!" and probably "Sisters" too were created before any other song from Yellow.

I also think they very well represent what the album is about, i.e. trying new things, finding their own sound through various influences, and having fun. "Love Me Do" was a pretty good choice for advanced song too.
I'm talking from the experience of buying albums based on the only 2 songs I had heard, and ended up being the only ones I liked, and the rest were mediocre (Blur, and Manic Street Preachers come to mind off the top of my head). Anyway, my question came about after seeing the lower day1 sales compared to the last two albums. I was curious what/if people would have done it differently, not on when an actual song was completed.

EDIT: But maybe this discussion is best left alone : /

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:45 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Leaving out all assumptions, I still don't any other song would have made it different. The album is so diverse that's there isn't really a representative song, and the one chosen as singles are probably the most catchy and fun.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I reviewed yellow over at my newly created website, feel free to discuss anything related to my review here as long as its got to do with yellow, anything extra feel free to PM me or anything if you want! Thank you for reading

http://www.atarashiimusic.com/blog/2016/3/1/scandal-yellow

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:24 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I apologize, but I had to delete the post that mentioned that god-awful "review" of the album. It wasn't a helpful piece at all and it looks like it basically ripped off key pieces of JPU's previous article.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like MAMI (who had to miss appearances in Nagoya with HARU yesterday) is still feeling under the weather and will not be able to make it to the YELLOW release events this weekend. They will be cancelling the mini lives and instead will do a high-five event titled "Special High Touch Circuit." Hope she feels better soon!

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12598-scandal-yellow-release-event-special-mini-live-in-east-west#736537

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:27 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Noodles wrote:I reviewed yellow over at my newly created website, feel free to discuss anything related to my review here as long as its got to do with yellow, anything extra feel free to PM me or anything if you want! Thank you for reading

http://www.atarashiimusic.com/blog/2016/3/1/scandal-yellow

Very nice review, noodles. Also, snazzy site, i like it. Still hanging out to listen to the album myself...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yellow keeps at #2 on the Oricon daily album chart with 6,000 copies.
Total sales: 20,922 copies

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:45 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:09 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

My most pleasant surprise was "Sunday Drive". I recognize it as the counterpart of (or as a sequence to) "LIFE IS A JOURNEY", since TOMOMI is the lyricist of both and because both relate metaphorically "facing daily life issues" and "taking on a road". And I like the fact that "Sunday Drive" comes after "Morning sun" on the record, as if "Sunday Drive" is to be listened in a later time of the day (compared to "Morning sun", which corresponds to the very beginning of the day or the first hours of the morning). About the song, it has a bittersweet-and-extremely-nostalgic atmosphere that I love, the chorus is somehow cute, deep and touching at the same time.

Well, everyone agree that "LOVE ME DO" is already one of the catchiest songs of 2016 so far, right? Hahaha, just kidding, feel free to disagree. About the sales, I'm kinda concerned but I'm still praying for them, hoping they get a place on the Oricon Weekly Chart's Top 5. Yes, the opening sales were lower than before, but I think it isn't happening with them only. Highly-anticipated KANA-BOON's latest album, for example, failed to enter the Top 5 (while the two previous albums got #3 and #4). Even with the band being part of this whole band-boom thing, it wasn't enough to sell more physical copies than before. The promotion of "YELLOW" is being so huge and so good, but it seems like this new approaching strategy isn't helping to increase sales (ar at least maintain the usual numbers) and to gain popularity inside Japan - and only inside Japan, I would say, because with this release the girls have strenghened their bonds with the overseas fanbases (wow to these numbers in Sweden!), as a consequence of their world tour last year. Maybe the japanese audience isn't reacting to these changes well enough yet or maybe they're finally getting into the digital music trade or...

To be honest, I guess it's too soon to speculate, the week is just starting, things can change, but it seems like I have no reason to worry that much because, despite this small drop in the opening sales, they still at #2 - just like "HELLO WORLD" did. So let's drive and (learn to) love the present!~

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:59 am

Eryx

Eryx

Caless Student
Caless Student
I noticed YELLOW is on SG itunes today. It's at #35 on top albums and at #1 on top albums of JPOP section.  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:05 am

nexas99

nexas99

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just as an update, Yellow was just released on US iTunes! Enjoy everyone, I know you've all been waiting as long as I have Happy (Also hello, this is my first post on here ^_^)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:56 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
YELLOW is nowhere on the iTunes UK chart. Obviously not very J-music-centric as our Swedish and French counterparts.

I've stopped putting Hebun na Kibun on repeat.

I have the whole album on repeat now.

Anyone received their physical CDs yet?

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:55 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Woohoo! Yellow is on iTunes here in NZ too :D
I know NZ will never have Yellow on our top 100

Poor UK, what's going on???

So, how many of you buy the iTunes album as well as the CD?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:19 am

fieora

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:YELLOW is nowhere on the iTunes UK chart. Obviously not very J-music-centric as our Swedish and French counterparts.

I've stopped putting Hebun na Kibun on repeat.

I have the whole album on repeat now.

Anyone received their physical CDs yet?
Heck yes I did this morning! with the shirt and poster :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 am

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
This was Tower Records today in Namba, Osaka. 

Their display had the US flag from their Hellow World tour

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 BChgVwhLk0whttps://instagram.com/p/BChgVwhLk0w/

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:10 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm strongly thinking of going to the 10th in Japan now… *so apprehensive though*

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:35 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yellow is now at #3 with 2,523 copies. Total sales: 23,445

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:09 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Got my copy today of both the LE and DVD. I've been listening to the album non-stop but still I can't pick a favorite song unlike the previous albums. The songs are really diverse and each style is somewhat different to the other. And I love it. They just sound so mature in the album.

What I also love in the album is the song arrangement. It's like each song is carefully put together. Some songs take you to a ride, or make you reminisce an important memory or just something to listen to when taking a coffee break. 

But the most surprising song for me would be Heaven na Kibun. It's melody is so poisonous that it's sticking to my brain. 

A great album for a band that'll be celebrating their 10th Anniversary

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
hybrid3415 wrote:This was Tower Records today in Namba, Osaka. 

Their display had the US flag from their Hellow World tour

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 BChgVwhLk0whttps://instagram.com/p/BChgVwhLk0w/

Haha thats the *chicago* one if Im not mistaken, TR Hiroshima had the Anaheim flag on display:

https://twitter.com/TOWER_Hiroshima/status/704948007314333698

I see my message on the anaheim one but I cant read what I wrote lol

Edit: fixed its the chicago flag, thanks jade

Last edited by Noodles on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:36 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm still awaiting for the arrival of my preorder of the LE w/DVD from HMV, which looks like it might come either tomorrow or Monday....

For me, it doesn't really matter how long it takes (of course, the sooner, the better), as long as the store has a special gift that I'm interested in.  Usually, that means it's going to be from HMV for the member special items, since you don't need a proxy service for them when ordering from overseas. 

Anyway, after seeing more pics of the special T-shirt, I really wish I was able to get the T-shirt ver. at the same time.  I like the punkish-80's vibe it has, and the girls look like they've been Hollowfied....w

It also looks like fans in general has been, for the most part, pleased with how YELLOW turned out.  Those who were somewhat lukewarm to the singles, have been happy with the new album tracks.  I guess the Yellow Joy really helped them out, huh....w

It makes me wonder how they'll grow from here, and what they'll experiment with in the future....

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:00 pm

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
After finally getting around to watching the documentary movie, I'm more hyped than ever for YELLOW. Can't wait for my preorders to arrive (Both LE from CDJapan and T-Shirt-Edition from JPU).

As MICHIO87 said before, I was rather lukewarm with the singles before. Yet, for me the turning point was SUKU-SUKI which blew me away. The album can only be as amazing as this.

HELLO WORLD Tour
April 30th, 2015 - Weststadthalle, Essen, Germany
YELLOW in EUROPE Tour
September 13, 2016 - Luxor, Cologne, Germany
September 14, 2016 - Kaiserkeller, Hamburg, Germany
September 17, 2016 - Szene, Vienna, Austria
September 24, 2016 - o2 Academy Islington, London, United Kingdom
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:17 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Received my Yellow CD from CDJapan today (on a Saturday, no less!), soon to be playing!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:00 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I just went to see if Yellow was on Australian iTunes. Some how Yellow ended up in the World section but nonetheless sitting at second place on Top World Albums. Quite an achievement for SCANDAL then. Happy

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

yellowlinernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 18 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:31 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
bleachnlife wrote:I just went to see if Yellow was on Australian iTunes. Some how Yellow ended up in the World section but nonetheless sitting at second place on Top World Albums. Quite an achievement for SCANDAL then. Happy
Bizarre! They're in World genre on NZ iTunes as well. 19th, which is a little disappointing considering what was ranked above it.

EDIT: now in 11th Happy

Last edited by mio_akiyama on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.