Howdy! [Page 1 of 1]

Howdy!
Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

KevMantis

KevMantis

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes, I'm from Texas so HOWDY Y'ALL!

I recently discovered SCANDAL.  I had heard the name before because about a year ago I discovered BABYMETAL and the rabbit hole they lead me into has opened up a whole new world of Japanese music I never knew existed.  As I sifted through the overwhelming number of amazing groups to choose from I briefly stopped to watch the music video for "Stamp!" a few months ago.  I kinda liked it but it was a little too light and pop-y for my tastes at the time.  You see I have mainly been a metalhead steeped in Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc.  I grew up with all of these bands when they were in their prime.  Not many bands in recent decades have moved me.  Until now.  This Japanese music adventure has changed me.

A few months ago I also found Doll$boxx and of course Gacharic Spin.  I devoured everything related to D$B and GS and inevitably found my musical horizons broadening as GS moved more toward pop-rock and electronic but somehow maintained their hard rock chops.  I can't claim to be just a metalhead anymore.  I now actually listen to everything from Sakura Gakuin to Perfume to BABYMETAL to Gacharic Spin to BAND-MAID to ... you get the picture.

Coming back around to SCANDAL, I stumbled upon the live broadcast of the 10th Anniversary Festival on YouTube and found it captivating.  I am now in the midst of another, SCANDAL centered, rabbit hole.  I can't stop clicking on videos of Haruna, Mami, Tomomi, and Rina even when they are unsubbed (I don't understand Japanese language at all).

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text.  Thanks for existing.  I'm glad to be here to discuss this amazing group of women making beautiful music.

TLDR:  Metallica ---> BABYMETAL ---> Doll$Boxx ---> Gacharic Spin ---> SCANDAL!!!  LOVE

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy!
Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:05 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi,

Welcome to SH !

We like long intro's so there is no need to apologise and of course we are all big Scandal fans too, and most of us other Japanese bands as well.

Two of my favourite groups are both on their 10th Anniversary this year, Scandal and AKB48 Happy

Hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy!
Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:29 pm

carlo7068

carlo7068

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello! 
It's nice to meet other Scandal fans from the states. Hope you enjoy SH.

"
Back to top Go down