Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」
Posted Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Really like this PV, it's bold and Haru happily dancing around is just adorable. 

Anybody know where she might have gotten that hoodie from?

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:11 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I'm glad they did this video. intentional or not the discussions happening here is important. Like a few of you have mentioned here, the song is about the strength of love and how to be true to your feelings without letting anyone interfere. Because no mater what anyone else thinks and feel or believe you cant stop the progress of love. the video even reinforces that in its own way specifically Tomomi and Mami's scene. 

reading youtube instagram and facebook comments and man, if a little peck on the lips (japanese kiss) is all it took for you to no longer be a fan of SCANDAL, good riddance.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 am

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
We've come a long way from SL Magic. Thank god Tomomi still likes hot dogs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:16 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm listening to the music now. That P-bass sound is really cutting through the mix very well. Use that bass more often Tomomi. Happy

I like the song. And the lyrics/meaning is nice too.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:25 am

Bill_Bricks

Bill_Bricks

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really cool song! I love the lead guitar work (especially the Whammy pedal solo in the middle). 

Whether the video is just intended to be a bit of fan service, or have a deeper meaning, I'm glad it's starting the discussions it is. 

If there are any Scandal fans with a negative view of homosexuality, hopefully this video has the potential to make them to reassess their views. It's time we lived in a world where everyone is free to love who they want without fear of persecution!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:44 am

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Forget the kiss. Haruna dancing in the street was the best part of this video by far.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Great song, great video, but I'm getting tired of the fast-paced editing which doesn't allow for the (gorgeous) images to breathe. I had the same issue with the "Take Me Out" video.

Minor issue though, I can't wait to hear the b-side and more new music since they seem to be working hard on that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 am

krobavi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ono Sasazaki wrote:The aesthetics of this video are really, really cool. When listening to Koisuru Universe this was definitely not the look I was imagining in my head, but seeing it now it fits so well! I love Haru's part of just walking down the street singing and dancing to the song. Her outfit also looks really cool (those shoes man lol)

Now as for that kiss. Initially, I just summed it up to fanservice. I'm sure they know that some of the fanbase likes to ship them, and with the name of the song being "A Universe in Love" I assumed they just took this chance to give a little wink to those fans who ship them.
However, I've rewatched the video many times and I've thought more about it.
The lyrics of this song, as far as I know, never specify that this song is about a boy and a girl in love. Just about two people in love. That makes me think that kiss was more than just fanservice. It's made me feel like they decided to put that part in in order to drive forward the meaning of the song more. It's a song about love. About two people in love. It doesn't matter if those two people are of the same gender. Love is love. 
And honestly, as someone who is gay, this makes me love and respect SCANDAL all the more. It makes me appreciate the song more. I already loved the song a lot, but with all of this it just makes me love it even more lol
But all of this is just speculation until we have some form of confirmation from the members themselves. But I still strongly feel this is what they wanted to convey.

As for the rest of the video, I thought the Rina and Tomomi parts were really cute. We don't get to see them together all that often. And I will agree, those scenes where they're eating food do feel kinda unnecessary. I don't get it lol
is it really fanservice ? is the "ship" not real ? are they not lesbians ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Unless they announce that they are dating a girl, we really can't conclude anything with just this MV. 

This is most probably just for fan service and/or they really want to convey the meaning of the song in the video.

Hehe I'm guilty of shipping Mami to other members.

And welcome to SH. Happy

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:47 am

SonokoKawai

SonokoKawai

Caless Student
Caless Student
New, refreshing, I love it

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 QOcN5nY
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:17 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
I want to know If Tomomi and Mami's kiss was
fanservice/just to cause polemic/relationship/everything else :D
I love Scandal and If they are happy doing this, I will support them always

but a little gossip won't kill anyone hehe
(Oh my curiosity) .toj.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:57 am

MerlinEllis

MerlinEllis

Caless Student
Caless Student
^Right on. As long as they're happy and doing what they believe in, I'll always be a fan. Their authenticity is part of what drew me to them in the first place.

That being said...I've been a low key TOMAMI shipper for years so my little gay heart was over the moon. But the sheer level of homoeroticism in this video caught me by surprise. Can't say I expected anything like this from them. Not that I mind of course. 

Somewhat of a sidenote: does anyone else find that sometimes they'll like a song ONLY after they see the video for it? Like if you hear the song just by itself its whatever. Alright but kinda skippable. But then you see the mv for it and you suddenly like the song and don't feel compelled to skip it even when its just in audio form. Is that just me? Did that even make sense? This was one of those songs for me.

And I totally agree that HARU being adorable af was the best part of the video. Her bounciness was so contagious. I want her hoodie thing. It looked super comfy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Nobody mentioned that so far. I will see that is a girl (Haruna) walking alone at night.
Listen to a song, learning the lyric, the music. singing along, dance to the rhythm and let her mind and imagination go wild. All those scenarios were just happened in her head. That's it.
But well that is just my opinion. 
I am sure team Scandal already aware there will be discussion before they launch the PV.
So very possibly the girls themselves will explain the idea behind the PV soon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:47 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Lesbian/Gay/Straight/Trans/Furry... whatever... some of you should stop judging people who have traditional/biblical beliefs. I get fed up with people talking about acceptance of the view that "anything goes". I'm not even going to get into the argument on where exactly I stand, cos I think some of you have taken a comment and totally labelled that person (or persons) homophobic. That's just as hateful. I don't think they intended for their comment to hurt anyone.

My main gripe would be IF they're not serious about this, why did they put it into a music video? JUST for fun? This isn't just actors, this is the actual band members expressing themselves. A kiss is a very real thing - some people don't think of it as anything special nowadays, BUT it still is. I really hope this wasn't just something they thought would be "cool" to put in. We shall see.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

mio_akiyama wrote:Lesbian/Gay/Straight/Trans/Furry... whatever... some of you should stop judging people who have traditional/biblical beliefs. I get fed up with people talking about acceptance of the view that "anything goes". I'm not even going to get into the argument on where exactly I stand, cos I think some of you have taken a comment and totally labelled that person (or persons) homophobic. That's just as hateful. I don't think they intended for their comment to hurt anyone.

Sucks that there are even so-called "traditional" beliefs in the first place. But even if that person didn't intend to hurt anyone, saying that they think that what someone may personally identify with is simply a "trend" is not cool and was definitely not a considerate thing to say in the first place. Looks like many people also thought so too.

Anyway. Can we just all be cool with one another and be more considerate to each other? Great. Thanks.

HARU's hoodie is just basic enough that the exact one is impossible to find. Trying to look up "long hoodie/hoodie dress" gets you pretty much nowhere close lol

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Qgle wrote:This music video kind of, in a way, made me feel better about myself. SCANDAL has always been a band that I looked up to. One of the things that worried me, however, was their opinion on queer people. I didn't know what they thought about us. Imagine how painful it would be if the people or person you looked up to suddenly said that they didn't like people like you (e.g. race, religion, sexuality). The Koisuru Universe music video, in a way, reassured me that SCANDAL was open-minded, at the very least. They acknowledged our feelings. Personally, I'm a MamiRina shipper, but the fact that they put different moments among the girls that could be interpreted as romantic felt like such a huge weight off my back.
Oh my gosh, this! As a pansexual (though you can say bi, and 80% of my crushes are women) I have, for years, wondered about SCANDAL's stance on LBGTQ people. And for me too, this MV reassured me that they are a very welcoming band. I don't really care if it's for fanservice (though I feel some scenes ARE fanservice) or not. It's just... there. And it made me feel warm inside. I'm happy they did this. This MV made me look up to SCANDAL even more. It's better though if they really had the intention in mind of showing that there are many kinds of love in the universe. I'm also from the Philippines too, and it's a constant internal struggle for me to say to people that I'm bisexual or pansexual. There are quite a number of friends that accepted me though even after they knew I was not straight. I didn't develop any kind of internalized homophobia, as my mother is quite open-minded about same-sex relationships, but not so accepting of transpeople. IDK why. But I like any person regardless of sexual orientation or gender though. @Qgle, here's a pat on the back and a hug... Things will get better.

Sorry that was really long...

Anyway... This MV is platinum (if not, gold). For me the cinematography is great, though I'm not so comfortable with the food scenes. But I guess my biggest complaint is: "Where is the love for Haruna?! Where?!" Okay, I really ship Tomomi and Haruna for a long time with Haruna and Mami. But I'm cool with what I can get. The ToMami kiss itself is gentle and warm, it thaws my frozen heart. The Tomomi and Rina scenes are cute too. Maybe Haruna belongs to the universe.

OR YES!!! @Metal Mickey, that explains EVERYTHING!  Nice one

@thoseguiltyeyes: I agree. Let's be cool and considerate with one another.  .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
LOL - not every one needs to be "shipped". Heck, maybe Haruna is actually straight, is that really a sin?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
@mio_akiyama: Hahaha I know Tongue It's a very silly complaint. No biggie. Happy But I guess that's just the shipping part of my self. I'm happy with the MV and the song overall, tbh. Personally, I think all the SCANDAL members are straight IRL and people, regardless whether straight, gay or everything in-between, are fine.  .happy.

Last edited by anchiel on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:16 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's all good, Haruna can have all my love Wink

I'm still holding out listening to the song... bring on the 22nd!

Still excited .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:19 pm

gitariskamaran

gitariskamaran

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
temp23 wrote:Forget the kiss. Haruna dancing in the street was the best part of this video by far.
.clap. that's a great opinion. agree with that

If I was kissed by them in that video clip...... it will be more controversial.... .common.

Back to top Go down

"Koisuru Universe" - English Subs
Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Subbed:

Also, from JPU Records:

Fresh from their 11th anniversary celebrations, Japan’s pop-rock record-breakers SCANDAL are set to release their first digital exclusive single KOISURU UNIVERSE. The four-track release is available to pre-order now from iTunes ahead of its release on Sunday 22 October 2017, with the title track available to download immediately.

KOISURU UNIVERSE features two brand new songs and two live recordings taken from SCANDAL’s 11th anniversary show held at Billboard Live Osaka on 21 August 2017. The unusual release date commemorates exactly nine years since SCANDAL signed a major record contract with Epic Records Japan and dropped their debut single DOLL, which is also available on the band’s recently released self-titled double best album, also out in Europe on CD and digital formats courtesy of JPU Records.

Lead track KOISURU UNIVERSE is also currently being tied in with Japanese confectionary brand Bourbon, who have commissioned a special animated short music video using the song which sees SCANDAL’s members transformed into rocking anime characters. The video has been created by director and illustrator Kousuke Sugimoto.

KOISURU UNIVERSE tracklist:

01. KOISURU UNIVERSE
02. FUTARI
03. Kimi To Yoru To Namida (Billboard Live OSAKA 21/08/2017)
04. Koe (Billboard Live OSAKA 21/08/2017)

Pre-order now from iTunes and get the title track instantly.

Download from Amazon Music from 22 Oct:
Amazon Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 1f1ec-1f1e7UK // Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 1f1eb-1f1f7FR // Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 1f1e9-1f1eaDE // Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 1f1ee-1f1f9IT // Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 1f1ea-1f1f8ES

*You can only order it via European iTunes stores.

#front-page

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:54 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I know a lot of people think the food scenes are unnecessarily awkward but think of them this way.
Scandal REALLY LOVES food. And who said food can't get no love? Love for everyone and everything, including food. .hora.
Hahaha...Idk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:41 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I'm late to this party, but I got to say after viewing all this I'm pretty old school.  I had to look up the meanings of "shipper" and "fan service."  I completely got the metaphor of sharing an ice cream cone, but on those terms I was completely lost.

My big takeaway of this video is Haruna continues to be super cool.  Her bopping around with headphones is what I enjoyed most; and not for any bias in any direction, but because it was fun.  In the end this all for fun, and Scandal continues to be that for me.  BTW, the song is super catchy.  It's been stuck in my head all day.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:11 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
@Star~world96: For me, even if I don't feel too comfortable watching food scenes at first (now they have a lesser effect), I know they are definitely placed there with a reason in mind. And yeah, FOOD IS LOVE!  .hora. I can't love without food. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:08 pm

krobavi

Caless Student
Caless Student
i mean, i think the fanservice part is the part where rina and mami sharing an ice cream cone, but to me kissing a really big thing, it's like an announcement, if the kiss scene is a fanservice, i have no idea how to react

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.