You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
front-page - SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) Nena_s10

SCANDAL will appear in the 40 year anniversary show of Nena, a famous german artist. The show is hosted by Thomas Gottschalk, a famous German show master.

The show will be broadcasted on  7th October 2017, at 20.15 (UTC+1) at ZDF (equivalent to NHK). 

ZDF livestreams its whole program, which can be found here: https://www.zdf.de/live-tv
Sadly only accessible from Germany. VPN helps, for example the VPN option of Opera Browser.

The show should also be available for streaming for up to one week after the original TV broadcast ath the ZDF Mediathek. Streams from the Mediathek are only partially viewable from abroad. Seems like we will have to wait until it's online. (Link tba)

Trailer for the show:

SCANDAL's appearances on the show where they sing Nena's songs "Willst du mit mir gehn" + "99 Luftballons":

#front-page

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down
Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Short Interview with SCANDAL about Nena:

https://www.zdf.de/show/nena-nichts-versaeumt/videos/interview-scandal-100.html

Will Provide a translation tomorrow. Got my first internship day tomorrow and now really need to go to bed.

Also: 
https://www.zdf.de/show/nena-nichts-versaeumt/bilder-aus-der-show-102.html
According to the description of picture 8 they've at least sung the chorus of "Willst du mit mir gehn" in german.

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down
Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm a bit rusty, but I've done a quick translation. 

Q: You’re from Osaka. What’s your relationship to Nena?

H: We were invited by Nena. She likes us apparently.
And that’s why we’re especially excited about the invention

Q: Do you feel honored to perform at Nena’s show?

R: She’s really popular in Japan and her songs are being used in advertisements.

H: We’ve known her song “99 Luftballons” since we were children.
Funny enough, we didn’t know the song was by her.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

I've subbed SCANDAL's interview about Nena:

#front-page

front-page - SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thank you for subbing it, now it's easier to share with English speaking friends. Plus your translation isn't as bare bones as ZDF's Nice

front-page - SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) TqohPfv
Back to top Go down
mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Thanks so much for subbing!

Back to top Go down
Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
The audio version of the show for people with visual impairment is already available at ZDF Mediathek until October 29th 2018.

•36:50 - They start talking about Nena's success in Japan and then come to talk about SCANDAL.
•37:50 - SCANDAL's performance of "Willst du mit mir gehn" begins. HARUNA sings the chorus in German and the verses in Japanese.
•2:24:00 - "99 Luftballons" is performed at the end.
•2:26:55 - HARU sings the third verse in Japanese.

https://www.zdf.de/show/nena-nichts-versaeumt/nichts-versaeumt-102.html

Translation for the part about and with SCANDAL:

Announcer: 30 years later they are No. 1 in Japan: The girl Rock Band SCANDAL.They are absolute Super Stars, fill the famous Budokan Stadium several times, and how else could it be, the Rock girls are huge Nena fans.

Thomas Gottschalk: That's the hottest act of Japan at the moment. like you have been before. Did anybody of you study Japanese at least a bit? Because we will hear the song "Willst du mit mir gehn" (Do you wanna go with me  = Do you wanna be my girlfriend/boyfriend) in Japanese.

Group is trying to translate the title into Japanese.

Thomas Gottschalk: Ok stop it. Don't confuse the girls now. All members of SCANDAL are huge fans of her. And they will now present this song to us. I think "Good evening" means "youkoso" (Lol, no, at least he tried), so Youkoso (Welcome) SCANDAL!

Performance of SCANDAL.

HARU: Thank you! 

TG: Good evening SCANDAL. How do I say thank you in Japanese? 

HARU and NENA: Arigato!

TG: Thank you SCANDAL! Thank you!

HARU: Thank you!

Personally I like SCANDAL's version more than Nena's because they turned it into a Rock song Happy

- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
oh wow, thanks for that. I'll keep that in mind once the whole show airs. They did a great job with Willst du mit mir gehn". I can't wait to see it.

Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Thank you so much for that link! They did a really good job.
Haru sounds so nervous during her part of 99 luftballons ahah

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The song is good. Haru did a great job with the vocals

Back to top Go down
RFlow

RFlow

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG Haru singing in German!!!  .hora. Sounds so refreshing, especially Japanese/German mix, I love it so much!
I wish Tomo had a part in this too though, missing that vocal duo...
Thank you for the link Hasenfu <3

Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

wow someone already posted the performance on youtube! I though we should have waited until tomorrow morning ahah

2xCantarian's video also has the video introduction to SCANDAL's performance 

and here's 99 Luftballons with all the guests (Haruna sings from 5:21 to 5:47 + at the very end during the "la la la")

Last edited by reilachii on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : other videos added)

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh wow, the girls looked amazing. And they seemed to have so much fun. I love the cover, that good old Scandal rock sound. 
And words cannot describe how much I love Haruna's deep and powerful voice in this. I missed it. .smile.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

I combined SCANDAL's video intro, "Willst du mit mir gehn," and "99 Luftballons" together using the raw footage from the program's video page:

#front-page

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Haruna sounds good, even in German.  Before seeing the video or hearing any audio, I kind of expected Mami to sing since she's the one that seemed to grasp German the best during their Hello World tour.

I liked how at the end most of the artists stayed put, but Scandal danced out on the stage and made their presence known.   They are very comfortable up there.  The cameras sure noticed. Hope they pick up more fans from this broadcast.

Back to top Go down
Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
They have done such a great job, haven't they? :D

HARU's pronouciation was pretty good, since it's the first time ever I hear her singing in German! 

The audience also seemed to like it. They were screaming "Ja!" (Yes!) during the chorus. I mean, who could say "Nein!" to HARU if she asks you if you wanna be with her ^^

I also hope that this will push them a bit in Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Europe on the whole. So guys, if you liked the show, please post positive reactions to ZDF on twitter and instagram! .shout.

Hope, they'll be back soon!

- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Wow, Haru's voice...  .toj.  So deep and powerful... Their version of "Willst du mit mir gehn" really suits SCANDAL's style. And the instrumental part is just golden... I hope that their fanbase will increase because of this exposure (and conquer Europe, then the world).

I love their energy during the singing of 99 Luftballoons and in the near-end of the program!  .clap. Also, Tomomi, Mami and Rina dancing along as Haruna sang her part was very enjoyable to watch. Ah~ My respect for SCANDAL even went higher!

@Hasenfu: Hahaha! I'd definitely say "Yes!" too! That's like one of the most impossible things that will ever happen to me. LOL  Onion Wahaha Kidding aside, I'm glad they were very well-received by the audience.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I saw Nena in London in the 1980's and liked her a lot, it seemed strange seeing SCANDAL on her Tribute Show, but yes they did fine !

front-page - SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
I liked the cover too.
I'm wondering if they'll release it in some form? Maybe they'll include it in their next album?

Back to top Go down
Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^Yes, Scandal should get the rights from Nena and perform this song live from time to time. This is a great song and they did a good job with it. The song fits Scandal very much. I also liked the Japanese part of 99 luftballoons.

front-page - SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) Alairas3
Back to top Go down
drbo4un

drbo4un

Caless Student
Caless Student
.lol.  they looks like Gandalf and four Hobbits  .lol.
great cover Nice one

Back to top Go down
dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Haru did an amazing job with her vocals. i love Haru but was blown away by her voice in this. Maybe it's the nostalgia from singing a classic. Either way, I agree with tonymiller that it's kind of odd to see Scandal on that cast but if Nena is a fan of Scandal, what can we say right?

PS. 
looooovved footage of tomo playing with the balloons as they sang hey jude

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes only Haruna sang but she must have had to learn the words by heart being we know SCANDAL dont speak German and she tackled two songs !
I recognised some of those people from German bands but yes they looked huge next to our girls but they all treated them with great respect and now a lot of Germans will probably check SCANDAL out on Youtube Happy

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
tonymiller wrote:Yes only Haruna sang but she must have had to learn the words by heart being we know SCANDAL dont speak German and she tackled two songs !

I'm afraid you're giving HARU too much credit as she hardly sang in German lol. Literally the only German she sung was "Willst du mit mir gehn, willst du / Willst du mit mir gehn" over and over again, which was the chorus for "Willst du mit mir gehn." The much-longer verses were sung in Japanese. Likewise, her part in "99 Luftballons" was 100% in Japanese. They mentioned deciding to translate and sing the lyrics in Japanese here.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@thoseguiltyeyes

Dont spoil it Jade Happy

They attracted a lot of attention from the Germans there which is what counts.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum