Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Radio rip of "Platform Syndrome":

If blocked in your country

#front-page #scandal_honey

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:10 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Still no Tomomi.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The song sounds awesome, but with the bad quality and the darn host talking over the good bits, couldn't really get a good listen.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I know Haruna said that her voice is going up instead of growing deeper, but I'm not sure she can provide solid vocal performances with this pitch.
Music sounds great tho. Maybe I'll fall in love more with the song overall when the album comes out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Did she? Haruna's voice is going Tomomiish. At least for me. It wouldn't be a problem for me though. Koisuru and Take me out, when I first hear it, don't get to me at all. But now, well, not like they became my favorite but I now listen to it with joy in my ears.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:04 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Osakashnaide wrote:Did she?
Yes, she said it in her talk with 9nine's Kanae Yoshi:

HARUNA: Some people's voice get lower as they age, but mine gets higher every year. I think it's also due to the results of voice training, and that the width of my voice is broadening.
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14126-talk-with-for-quattroformaggi-haruna-x-kanae-yoshii-9nine

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I would be a big fan of her no matter what even if I prefer her voice back when the band is still new. Maybe this is the reason why Tomomi's not singing back up anymore because Haruna's sounding like hers. That combination seems to be loosing gradually. 

I still can't decide on what version of honey should I get. What does everyone wanted to purchase once it become available?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:49 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
What's funny is that when they started Tomomi's voice was also much deeper, to the point where on some of their first songs it's sometimes tricky to distinguish between her and Haruna.

Very punkish song, can't wait to hear it in HD and in full (it's supposed to be 3:30), I'm sure it'll get even better (like "Futari").

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, when I started listening to them, there were times where I can't tell who's singing some certain parts of a song. Like when I first listen to Koi no Kajitsu. But it's not Tomomi and Haruna that got me confused, but Mami and Haruna. It's because I thought only two of the members sing, that I got confused as to who's that ( Mami parts)?

But I think Haruna would be singing all the songs in this coming album. Still hoping for Tomomi to sing. Platform Syndrome is all Haruna so that's one down already.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
flyingwill wrote:What's funny is that when they started Tomomi's voice was also much deeper, to the point where on some of their first songs it's sometimes tricky to distinguish between her and Haruna.

Very punkish song, can't wait to hear it in HD and in full (it's supposed to be 3:30), I'm sure it'll get even better (like "Futari").
yeah, especially during SHIBUYA-AX live when they performed Space Ranger and DOLL, her voice is so deep there lol

I think, the song is really great, tho I'm also complaining about the pitch, not because I don't like Haru singing that high, I'm just worried that she'll struggle a lot performing it live, cuz there are a lot of up and down notes (idk how to describe), it seems even harder than LOVE ME DO chorus, where MAMI helps her to sing the ad-libs. And seems like, it has more of a vocal sound than the actual music, I mean - there is a lot of singing and much less instrumental sounds, which is really cool, I think.

Overall, I'll just wait for the album's release, so I can judge the high quality material then. 
I have a feeling tho, that I won't be disappointed at all .clap.

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Based on your opinions since the song was posted I thought I would be disappointed with the pitch of the voice, but actually I liked it. Even though, I'd prefer a lower pitch. Music is great!
I hope the whole album has this style!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:41 pm

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like the song. The fast pace is great. In my opinion the high pitch of Haruna's voice fits well with the fast pace of the song.
I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
This one will be fun to hear live.  It has a good vibe and energy, and it seems fitting to be on the same album as "Koisuru Universe."  I'm looking forward to the official CD release so I can hear a better quality version to make out more of what Tomomi and Mami are playing.  From what I could pick up, Mami's riffing throughout like on "Futari," and I'm sure to like it even more.  

I'm going to hold off on commenting too much on singing until I hear the full album as it's supposed to be heard, but Haruna sounds fine to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice song, have the feeling this will be a great album, short but great

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Nice album opening song. All the known songs till now are very fast paced, seems to be a very rock-ish album Happy

Haruna's seem to be a little more hi-pitch then usual but I think it fits well the fast pacing of the song. Calm down ppl, her voice is still very distinguishable from the others (I used to mix up Rina and Tomomi's voices, for a long time I thought Oyasumi was sang by Tomomi).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
After listening to it for the 100th time now, I realized that Haru's singing kinda does goes with the pace and style of the song. The song actually reminds me of Dizzy Sunfist's work, especially with the hard punk riffs and the way of singing. Rock on

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Listening to this song brings me back to highschool when i listen to a lot of pop punk. Gives me warm fuzzy feelings of nostalgia. I can wait for the full album.

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Longer rip of "Platform Syndrome" + Translation
Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

As I unfortunately was a few seconds too late to grab the very beginning of "Platform Syndrome" when it first aired, I went back and rerecorded it when playback for the radio program was made available:

Also, here's my tentative translation of "Platform Syndrome" based off of (what sounds like 99.9% accurate) ear-copied lyrics: Updated translation based on the official lyrics from the music video:

Spoiler:

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:12 pm

rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That was fast!! The lyrics are really nice .clap.
And the intro too, though we can't listen to it that well
As always, thank you very much!!!

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 Wapmov14

.love. SCANDAL IN MANILA 2018 .love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Digital versions of Platform syndrome has been released for Japanese market! AAC 320kbps version at the moment.

http://recochoku.jp/song/S1006313492/
http://mora.jp/package/43000001/4547366347067/
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/honey/1332915342

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 pm

Fritzubus1967

Fritzubus1967

Caless Student
Caless Student
Platform Syndrome sounds fast and powerful and good rhythm. And the guitar play is
insanely strong.

Other bands let upover time. But Scandal are getting stronger, Koisuru Universe has already shown that.

Gladly I fall asleep in the car and while sitting Happy
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
On repeat atm.

MAMI's noodling non-stop. Another toughie to learn.

Grin

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 pm

grifter

Caless Student
Caless Student
Osakashnaide wrote:I would be a big fan of her no matter what even if I prefer her voice back when the band is still new. Maybe this is the reason why Tomomi's not singing back up anymore because Haruna's sounding like hers. That combination seems to be loosing gradually. 

I still can't decide on what version of honey should I get. What does everyone wanted to purchase once it become available?
I'm with you on this with haruna's deeper voice. Tomomi Haruna harmonies won't be the same.

I'm a bit of a shirt collector so shirt vers for me.

Back to top Go down

New PV Coming Soon
Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

From SCANDAL's Instagram Story:

goods - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 6 WuqGVjk

#front-page #scandal_honey

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.