Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:04 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

The PV for "Platform Syndrome" is now up on GYAO! Requires a Japan VPN to watch. Will work on getting a rip up.

https://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/player/00100/v08107/v0993900000000548963/

#front-page #scandal_honey

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:39 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I'm sorry but after reading the lyrics of Platform Syndrome, "I hate myself for loving you" comes to mind instantly.
Those fast paced percussive chords are really nice!

Back to top Go down

"Platform Syndrome" Music Video
Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)

"Platform Syndrome" MV:

It's not the entire video as SCANDAL videos on GYAO! always seem to leave off the last 30 seconds or so.

Also, ICYMI, here's my translation of the song:

Spoiler:

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:08 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
Infinite better than the radio rip :D
Thanks a tons lot!! I couldn't sleep without watch!!

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Platform Syndrome is like peak SCANDAL and the video is legit GREAT. Album art aside, Honey is climbing up the ranking and becoming one of my favorite albums. I wonder if it'll dethrone Best Scandal for me finally. Hopefully the other songs keep it up and I cant wait to hear Tomomi's song.

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:23 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
aahh the pv .... .smile. its soo nostalgic and cool. I love this simple Jrock style, reminds me of the Awanai and ShunkanSent videos. They haven't done pv's like this in a long while, and I love it.
Even the fast paced editing, and cuts aren't a bother to me, it kinda fits this kind of style. I like the end part with the fire sparklers, so epic.
Even the song sounds 100 times better, love the mixing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:29 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
why they have to block it T_T
 thanks for the dailymotion one!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:56 am

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
I liked the song quite a lot on the first listen which is rare for me nowadays (for music in general, not just Scandal). Specifically, those first chords when the song starts go hard and I liked the fast pace too. Sounds like a good way to start the album.

victor_survive wrote:Based on your opinions since the song was posted I thought I would be disappointed with the pitch of the voice, but actually I liked it. Even though, I'd prefer a lower pitch. Music is great!
I hope the whole album has this style!

Pretty much the same for me. We have to get used to her singing this way now and this time I thought it didn't sound that higher than usual and it actually fits the song well.
Someone gave the example of Take Me Out, I don't know if it was because I only knew one other song (Awanai Tsumori...) from Scandal when that single came out, I remember thinking "this doesn't sound like the same singer" but I liked the song right away, I can say it's even one of my favorites, and it actually hooked me into finding more info about the band and listen to their other works.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:18 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
If this keeps up (koisuru, futari and platform) quality-wise, having only ten songs in the album is fine!

Quality over quantity anytime. Looking forward to Feb 14 (12 as I preordered on iTunes JP), then.

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:53 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
What an awesome song to start off the album with.
It's fast, it's full of power, but the lyrics are quite sentimental. It makes a wonderful combination .clap. 
I'm beyond excited to hear the rest of the songs from HONEY.
Also the MV was beautiful .love. 
Definitely reminded me of the Awanai MV in its simple but effective look.

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I like Platform Syndrome...It wasn't something amazing like HARUKAZE , but is definitely a good song..Way better that their latest single..
Still an album with only 10 songs (8 new) is kinda disappointing ...I hope the rest of songs will be good

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:17 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The video somehow reminds me of the simplicity of Departure and Awanai. And this is my kind of thing. I like the song, but not yet a lot. However continuously listening to it helps it grow more into me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmm.. What can I say. It's not bad. But for me, it doesn't have that Departure appeal where once I've listen to it, I want to listen to it again. And again. And again. But that's totally fine by me. There're so many of their songs which I ignore at first but eventually becomes my daily favorite such as Switch and Hachigatsu.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:22 pm

strawhatcrew

strawhatcrew

Caless Student
Caless Student
grifter wrote:
Osakashnaide wrote:I would be a big fan of her no matter what even if I prefer her voice back when the band is still new. Maybe this is the reason why Tomomi's not singing back up anymore because Haruna's sounding like hers. That combination seems to be loosing gradually. 

I still can't decide on what version of honey should I get. What does everyone wanted to purchase once it become available?
I'm with you on this with haruna's deeper voice.  Tomomi Haruna harmonies won't be the same.

I'm a bit of a shirt collector so shirt vers for me.

so thats why we didnt hear haru tomo combo anymore.. and tomomi only sing her song solo.. too bad i will miss the duo combo bcoz thats what attract me at first when i listen to scandal.. have to adapt to haruna voice now sounding like tomomi lol haha

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 70z490W
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
strawhatcrew wrote:
grifter wrote:
Osakashnaide wrote:I would be a big fan of her no matter what even if I prefer her voice back when the band is still new. Maybe this is the reason why Tomomi's not singing back up anymore because Haruna's sounding like hers. That combination seems to be loosing gradually. 

I still can't decide on what version of honey should I get. What does everyone wanted to purchase once it become available?
I'm with you on this with haruna's deeper voice.  Tomomi Haruna harmonies won't be the same.

I'm a bit of a shirt collector so shirt vers for me.

but they are still playing live versions of the older songs with them singing along, and doesn't sound bad, I think there is another reason

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like it, but it's the first song in the album, that's never the best one (that's probably Take Me Out thought, let's see if they can top that).

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:12 pm

_itsukaa

_itsukaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
"Platform Syndrome" MV:

It's not the entire video as SCANDAL videos on GYAO! always seem to leave off the last 30 seconds or so.

Also, ICYMI, here's my translation of the song:

Spoiler:

#front-page #scandal_honey
I LOVE those song and appreciate that you could put it on dailymotion for us to see. I wanted to ask if its possible to put it on youpak.com too??

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
my favorite MV ever.
not gonna say anything else

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love the beggining of the song, it's really cool, also the rest of the song is awesome. I'm getting in love with this album, except for futari.

I can't wait to listen to the rest of the songs!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 pm

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mitchan wrote:my favorite MV ever.
not gonna say anything else
That is my opinion too. It is simply perfect. .dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:25 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
_itsukaa wrote:I wanted to ask if its possible to put it on youpak.com too??

Youpak = YouTube, and "Platform Syndrome" already gets blocked from viewing in 6 major countries immediately (including mine). The full version will no doubt go up on SCANDAL's VEVO channel for worldwide viewing on 2/14. Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:14 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I actually saw the music video of Platform Syndrome on Facebook last night. The song structure is quite similar to Koisuru. The last part of the video reminds me so much of professional wrestling ring entrances, LOL!

front-page - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 7 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:23 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I love this video, but (I know this is going to seem like an odd criticism) too many close-ups.  I wish there were more wide shots.  They're playing in the round and that's such a cool concept for them and makes for a great visual.  It would have been nice to have experienced it more, but once again, I do love this video.  I'm going to hit SEND on this comment so I can watch it again.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.