scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 VPXaN88
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 XSy8LKf
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 FzhYi9v
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 HU2eIGE

Also, this is the "secret" pin in the gachapon machines:
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 LpVjgGT

#front-page #scandal_honey

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Wow. I could go see it on Sunday. Too bad I don't need to buy Honey anymore since I'm already expecting Tower Record to deliver it this week. I can just go for the pin. Lol.

--- HEY GUYS. HONEY is now on Spotify. Not sure if it's in yours but it sure is in my Spotify.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
After buying the entire album on iTunes Philippines, Electric Girl becomes my new favorite. I like its unlikely combination of power pop, electropop, and progressive rock. 

Over is an okay track, with their typical musical style. 

Short Short is very fresh! It's nice to hear Haruna singing in higher notes. However, it will open some argument if Haruna's range is a contralto or a mezzo-soprano.

I just can't resist listening to Mado wo Aketara over and over. This song really touches my heart big time due to my current personal situation. It is one of the most seductive pop tunes I've heard. I still wish that Tomomi without her trademark cat-like voice sang that song though.

I will write a review along with Band-Maid's new album World Domination within this week.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Your favorite in this Album? I'd say Over and Electric Girl are my favorite, either of the two. Still waiting for that E-mail from Tower as to when will my Honey be delivered.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Osakashnaide wrote:Wow. I could go see it on Sunday. Too bad I don't need to buy Honey anymore since I'm already expecting Tower Record to deliver it this week. I can just go for the pin. Lol.

--- HEY GUYS. HONEY is now on Spotify. Not sure if it's in yours but it sure is in my Spotify.
THANK YOU! just had to make a japanese spotify account, was very easy  scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 1f604

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

tri060397

tri060397

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have a question
did both Haruna and Rina sing in Midnight City?

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 ZtYZraJ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Tri060397
Yeah, Rina on the verses, and Haru on chourus, with some back up vocals. 

that will mean that Midnight City will be the first (Scandal) duo vocal song since 2014.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:17 pm

tri060397

tri060397

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow, i like Rina vocal in this song
she sounds a bit better than Oyasumi and I want you (my opinion)

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 ZtYZraJ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
For the first time in a very, very long time I looked forward to driving into work because it meant I could listen to "Honey."  I only have to go 15 miles but the traffic in LA is so bad I got to listen to the album three full times and then some going to and from the office.  I'm not going to complain today; I really enjoy this album.

The sequence could be the best of any of their records.  It reminds me of their concerts: it starts very strong; takes a little break in the middle and then finishes even stronger.  I thought of skipping over "Take Me Out" because I have heard it so many times this past year, but I couldn't hit the FWD button because it sounds so right where it is in the track list.  Additionally, "Futari" sounds better coming after "Mado wo Aketera" than it does on the EP release after "Koisuru Universe" (which is now my favorite closing song.  It beats "Standard.")  In fact, when listening to the album on a loop, "Koisuru Universe" blends nicely into the opening track, "Platform Syndrome."  I don't know if Scandal planned this on purpose, but it makes turning the album off at the end much harder to do.

A few quick thoughts:

My suggestion for the next single would be "Electric Girl."  That is going to be a powerhouse of a tune live.  Hope they extend Tomomi's bass solo at the end.

I love the melody and groove in the chorus for "Midnight City."  This is definitely Rina's best solo song, and you can hear a distinct difference between her voice and Haruna's.  

For those consumed by Haruna's voice getting higher, um... so has Mami's and Rina's.  It doesn't bother me.

I like that this is a short album.  There is absolutely no filler.  It's compact, fun, interesting and wonderfully perfect just like each of the members of this band.

Lastly, it is hard to listen to this album and not wonder "why isn't Scandal bigger than they are?"  If they play these songs on TV and at festivals, this should help break them open to a wider audience.

Sorry, one more question for the forum-- if anyone has the physical disk and can read the credits, is Rina playing keys on these tunes, particularly "Mado wo Aketera?"  Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Waiting for my physical version as iv not heard any of the clips yet, it will be fresh as. However hearing about the songs you guys have mentioned I am getting excited. Hopefully band maid’s new album doesnt compete to much for my listening time

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 am

yanchii

yanchii

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://rock-deities.tumblr.com
Still waiting for my physical copy but so far I really love Platform Syndrome and Over  scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 2764 
Although I kind of miss Tomomi solo songs  scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 1f625  its been awhile since she had one.

Also is it just me or Oh No sound kind of familiar, I can't say the particular song it sounds like but I just have a feeling that its quite familiar  scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 1f60b

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:36 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The impact YELLOW has on me was so great that it really changed my view of the band from typical artists to full-grown musicians. 

As for HONEY, I am completely blown-away once again. I had to admit there are some tracks like Oh No, reminds me of Hoshi no Furu You ni which goes already way way back. Over and Platform Syndrome are just the perfect start-up songs. Mado wo Aketara, Short Short and Electric Girl are also wonderful tracks put in the middle. 

Again, after 11 years, their music just don't fade into me. I always feel like... "please let them produce more songs"

A really great and memorable album indeed. Hoping for new ones in the future

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:01 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Can hardly wait
Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:40 am

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK, I opened an Amazon Japan account just so I could pre-order the CD+DVD Limited Edition. It looks like this will never be available in the US, we will get the JPU Euro/UK version of the CD only, and not until March 9th.

And it shipped on the 13th (the 14th already in Japan) so with Amazon Global Express, I should have my copy on FRIDAY!

To celebrate, I put my entire Scandal collection on shuffle, and it has played for about 7 hours. It just finished up with Burn off the Baby Action album. Holy God, what an astounding rock ballad! The lyrics, full of sadness and hope, the crashing drums, the thumping base, the screaming guitars! Amazing!!! And I've got to know, who plays the keyboards on that song on the album?

So I listened to it 3 more times, and then searched YouTube for a live version, but of course it's blocked by Sony in the US. Come on Sony, Honey is up to #64 on the US iTunes Charts, it's time to start catering to all the North American fans.

Sugoi! Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita! I love this band!

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
HONEY is also up on Spotify Italy! I'm so glad it is since neither SCANDAL or Koisuru Universe are available (along with many other albums tbh).

I gave the album as many listening I could give it, and I totally love it. It's definitely THE album. Love the fact that it starts with a bang (Platform Syndrome, OVER, Oh! No!), then it gets slower (Midnight City, Short Short) reachig its slower point (Mado wo Aketara) for then going upbeat again (Futari, Electric Girl). Closing the album with Koisuru Universe was a great decision. Overall the album is well organized, it has one of the best tracklist they ever had.

Thanks to the lyrics translation I've also discovered more things about the songs and the feelings they give me. "Oh! No!" is as fun in the music as it is in the lyrics, kudos to Mami for creating such song! Lyrics are simple and totally relatable, especially Mado wo Aketara. Talking about Mado wo Aketara, I love that it ends optimistic, like if the night might be hard, lonely and sad, but the morning always come and the morning wind reminds us we have another day to start over and do something (When I opened a window / The wind brushed against my eyelashes / I opened a window, time finally began flowing / And my heart swayed). It's something I truly needed to hear in moments like this. I hope Tomo have left that sad time behind her and it never comes back

Favourite songs are for sure Electric Girl, Mado wo Aketara, Oh! No! and Midnight City, but this time is so hard to pick a least favourite. It's amazing.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

HONEY debuted on the Oricon Daily Chart at #3 on 2/13, with an estimated sales total of 12,088 for the day.

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 Q21DjUS

#front-page #scandal_honey

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mado wo Aketara is more relatable than I would like to admit. Not sure if that is the case but it describes what feels like to deal with depression pretty well, I'm also glad it ends with in an optimistic note.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:55 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Are the TOP 2 Albums from Idols?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Osakashnaide

Yep, #1 is boy band Sexy Zone, while #2 is girl band miracle2

What's more interesting (at least to me) is that fellow all-female band Band-Maid's latest realeases debuted at #6 and #16

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Osakashnaide wrote:Are the TOP 2 Albums from Idols?
#1 is Sexy Zone, idol group from Johnny's while #2 is an idol group created from a TV drama, so yes, SCANDAL is up against idols in the charts, but they might be able to beat the 2nd (sale difference is just 1,000).

Another album with a debut in the top 3 is great news. SCANDAL never set for less!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, if you'll just look at Scandal, one would think they're an idol group. Lol.

I thought I'd be receiving my Honey CD today but I guess I'm mistaken. There's no more T-shirt edition at Tower Records online.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's the first album where every song has a common theme isn't it? They're all about love/relationships, in a way it's their more "mature" album, I have nothing against Scandal's sillier songs like Happy Birthday and Hon no Yomu, but keeping the album short and with a common theme certainly helped it's quality, no song feel out of place, there are no "filler songs".

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Keashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Honey is on the way, amazon sent me the mail today. Should be receiving it on Friday. Even with B3 poster *yeah*

Back to top Go down

Ahh the pop up store~
Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 pm

otaku_san

otaku_san

Caless Student
Caless Student
Now i more than ever wish to go to Japan .dies.
The store looks so amazing!! And it looks they had a free live too!
Ahh~ I will definitely buy the album! LOVE

WITHOUT MY GUITAR,I CAN'T LIVE ON ~ MAMI SASAZAKI
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 13 Jzp77Op
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

yanchii

yanchii

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://rock-deities.tumblr.com
Mado wo Aketara really had nice lyrics. Its heart felt and a lot of people can relate to it. Oh No is playful as expected of Mami she's always playful in all aspects haha

The album is really wonderful they keep growing and surprising us with these awesome songs.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.