You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK, finally got into Dallas. Hope to walk around Deep Ellum a little bit tomorrow and be at the Bomb Factory around 4. See you all soon.

I am so excited, sleep may be a lost cause. .wow.

I really want to thank all of you that have posted pictures and information. Just looking through everything gets me amped up! Thanks so much.   Thumbs up

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Freedom Fighter

Caless Student
Caless Student
My first time posting, but I've been a fan since a friend introduced me to Scandal back in 2009 with Shoujo S. I've been waiting ever since for a chance to see the girls live so I'm ecstatic they are coming to my home town tomorrow so much so I bought a ticket the moment they went on sale.  I'm going to try to get down to The Bomb Factory between 3 and 5 going to be great to have a chance to meet other fans before the show, but no matter what else happens I'll finally be able to say I saw my favorite band perform live.  

Loooove Fight!

Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
danlexia wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Mexico City: same set list. Really fun. The crowd was a lot better behaved than last time.

Unfortunately I can't say the same thing. There were some really rude guys on MAMI's side. One of them hit us really hard to get to the front row only to record and the other hit me and my mom on the face to get the pick that was thrown our way. Everyone on our side was particularly rude, for me the crowd was better last time. In general it was alright, but MAMI's side was wild this time. Not in a good way. At least they weren't rude to them. But the concert was great and the girls looked really happy. Especially Haruna, she was super cheerful. 

hohenheim wrote:I'm still processing the concert from yesterday. I was so happy! I met some people from here on the line (sorry I forgot everyone's names ^^') and they were really cool and helped me calm down a bit lol. If anyone remembers, I was the guy from Brazil having birthday Tongue

Thank you so much for everyone I met there. It was the best birthday ever! I loved the concert, they were so good. I want to see them again already lol

Hey! It's really great finding you here! I'm the girl who also likes MAMI hahaha. I'm so glad the girls wished you a happy birthday, that must have been amazing. I'm sure that memory will stay with you forever. It was so nice meeting you, hope we can meet at other concerts and stay in touch!

The highlight for me was when I took the picture with them. I told them that I went to see them to Japan this year and they were so happy. They all said Oh! Gracias!!! (like that, in Spanish hahaha) and they kept waving at me when I left. Everything I've done for them was worth it just for this moment alone haha. Also MAMI kept looking at me during the concert and smiling, priceless. She also saw me crying during Koe lol. Their performance was amazing, so much energy. I'll keep working hard so I can see them live every year!

And I'm so glad I could meet you guys again. I always have a great time talking to you. I hope we can meet at many more concerts and hang out. Thank you for everything!

I'm so sad to hear that! You and your mom were so sweet, you definitely didn't deserve that! I hope you still had a good time despite all of that. I'm definitely looking forward to meet you again, because I sure hope I can go to another concert soon!

Last edited by hohenheim on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Evelotaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
Can’t believe today’s finally the day I get to see Scandal! Can’t wait to meet everyone in line. I’ll be wearing a black hat with a white triangle on it. So chat me up if you want.

Back to top Go down

DJChuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
Today's the day. Hopefully there aren't too many people by the time we arrive since my gf is short and has a hard time seeing. 

I'll see you guys there.

Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Bomb factory said no lining up before 5,  no idea if that's enforced.  It's hot so I'm not getting there too early.

Back to top Go down
Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
GF and I are Leaving hotel now heading up the street to Deep Ellum for an early dinner.  I’m wearing light blue Hawaiian shirt and orange shorts. Please feel free to say hi.  See you all there.

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

DJChuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just got back from the Dallas show, and it was so much fun. I'm surprised regarding the turnout as in I expected more people to show up. I was in Mami's side, and the crowd took a while in this side to let loose. I loved how friendly everyone was there and respected everyone's space. It wasn't crowded or tight.

But yeah, I met and rocked out with some awesome people there. I was the guy wearing the MJ shirt.

I'm disappointed they didn't have anything smaller than large for the shirts. I got one for memories, but it's too large for me to wear.

My photo with them was funny. Haruna and Rina got too close to me, so I couldn't move my arms during the photo. The way Tomomi said bye to me was the cutest thing ever.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
DJChuy wrote:My photo with them was funny. Haruna and Rina got too close to me, so I couldn't move my arms during the photo.

Mine was kinda the same. I was kind of petrified of bumping into them. In my pic, my arms are actually partially obscuring both of them even though I'm holding them at my sides for the same reason as you. I definitely would have touched them if I fully backed up to the wall or held my arms up in any way. Not a bad thing for me, but I didn't want to inadvertently create an international incident.

I'm sure they probably had some marks on the floor or something that they just stood at for everyone, although I don't actually see them in my photo. But they didn't really seem to be moving their spots in between photos, regardless of who was there with them. They seemed to leave a hole the size of themselves, which is pretty tiny Happy

What did Tomomi do when she said goodbye to you? I barely even remember what any of them did, I was just in a haze. I have a few specific images in my head, but only of Haruna and Rina. I think I kind of just forgot to even look further to the left or right.

Back to top Go down

chairmankaga

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just got home from the Dallas show. I had so much fun. I was surprised to meet people who came to town from all over the country. I was lucky in that this was basically a home show for me. (I live less than 15 miles from the venue.) But kudos to those of you who made the trip.

Tomomi was the only one who spoke when I took my picture. She said "Thank you" as I started to walk over to get my phone. I can't imagine how much of a beating it is for them to have to stand through 1200 photos (assuming 200 at each show), so I don't hold it against them at all.

I stood Tomomi side. She is so pretty. And I love her energy. She is so much fun to watch.
Thank you to everyone who told their stories from the earlier shows in this thread. Thank you to everyone who visited Dallas for this show and making it a wonderful time all around. I don't know that the group will ever roll through here again, but I'm really glad I got to experience them live tonight.

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK, I started this several hours ago, but my words failed me, so now I'm going to start over and try again...

Do you remember that special Christmas (or Halloween, or your Birthday, or whatever your special Holiday is) when you had so much anticipation that everybody kept saying you were just setting yourself up for disappointment? But you didn't believe them because you knew Everything's Going to be Alright? And you kept on building the anticipation till it was really larger than life?

Then the day came, and your eyes swelled up because they couldn't take it all in, and your heart rose up till you thought you couldn't breathe, and it was so much better than you ever imagined it could be?

Yeah, this was that day.

More later, I have to dream now...

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

First concert!
Posted Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:33 pm

Tek Edits

Caless Student
Caless Student
Not sure how posting works here but I wanted to write about my first concert since I got nothing to do currently.

This being my first concert I was a little nervous because I didnt really know what to expect. I traveled alone and being a shy/quiet person I was quite anxious about going. During the line I talked to a few people and I started to feel a little less anxious.
Once we started going inside the venue I was pretty happy since it was hot outside and my feet were killing me, I bought merch really quick and then lined up for the meet and greet. As the line moved one person at a time I was getting nervous and then I finally saw them and that's when my brain went dead lol. Before I was thinking "stand up straight, comb your hair, don't be awkward!" Nah I just said "Hi" stood next to Haruna and Rina and said "Thanks". After that I was like "wait what just happened?!" Then my brain started functioning again and just realized that I was right next to them!
When the concert was about to start 2 guys next to me seemed really nice but really big compared to me. Did some small talk and that was pretty much it. Thanks again for letting me go between you two!
When Scandal came on stage all I could do was clap, I had no idea why but I couldn't yell! I tried my hardest but nothing came out. I was a little nervous about how loud they were going to be but I usually listen to music at loud volumes but never live music. This was my first time listening to live music so I was amazed at how good it sounds. Shunkan Sentimental started playing and all i could do was focus on Mami. She had so much energy and looked so cool, I was in awe haha! I dont know if my mouth was open but I'm pretty sure I had a smile on my face the entire time I was watching her play (I was on her side of the stage). After the song ended I tried yelling but nothing. Same thing up to the 3rd or 4th but after that I started to yell a bit but for the most part I sang the parts that I remembered lol. I think I couldn't yell was because I actually got to see them and I really couldn't wrap my head around it. Actually seeing Mami, Haruna, Tomomi, and Rina perform live is soo much different from seeing them on the internet. I absolutely loved the show and was smiling the entire time, something I don't do much sadly.

Scandal is the first band that I really got into and after seeing them live I'm glad I'm still a fan, even though I started listening to them in Summer 2015 it seems like I've known then forever. I hope to see them again soon! Happy Also I was the short guy in a black tshirt lol.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Tek Edits

Awww, glad you enjoyed it, I am old and have been to hundreds of concerts but I felt like that too actually seeing SCANDAL for real in London Happy

scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Tek Edits: Your experience is basically exactly the same as mine the first time I saw them. (Though I had been to many other concerts, but was still blown away by Scandal.) And even now I felt the same as you when I met them on this tour, down to my brain going dead when I walked in the room. (Though I figured that'd happen.)

They really are just something else in person. I've seen a lot of bands but I don't think I've ever felt the same connection between the band and the crowd as at any of their shows that I've been to. It's just like there's no wall at all between them and the fans, like they're there to see us as much as we're there to see them. That's so rare. You're spoiled now - you might be disappointed when you see a different band in concert!

Back to top Go down

Freedom Fighter

Caless Student
Caless Student
When I walked up to The Bomb Factory a little after 5:00 you could hear the rehearsals going on inside at the time they were playing Freedom Fighters. One guy in the VIP line (I forgot to ask if he was a member here) Had met the girls as they were coming out of a 7/11 Saturday night and they took a picture with him. I was so jealous of that lucky fan.

When they hit the stage I had some tears of joy I was so excited and happy. The crowd wasn't large which suits me I'm not big on large crowds, but the crowd was electric which made for a good atmosphere. I can't wait for the day I can see them perform live again such great show. I will say I had to set in the car about 5 to 10 minutes after the show before I drove off to let my adrenaline calm down and my ears to stop popping. I was also personally lucky after this show as last time I went to The Bomb Factory for a show I had a sore throat that day so after shouting all night the next day my voice was nearly gone.

Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

The first time I put up some music from them after the concert I actually had to pause it because I began tearing up a little remembering the concert lol. Anyone else had something like this?

God I'm still so happy about that. I'm already back home from Mexico but I still can't stop thinking about the concert. I can't wait to go to another one. I was "listening" to my video of Koe (you really can't hear anything because my phone is trash lol) and I couldn't help but smile the entire time watching. Hearing Mami sing that song live was something else.

Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hohenheim wrote:The first time I put up some music from them after the concert I actually had to pause it because I began tearing up a little remembering the concert lol. Anyone else had something like this?
YES. It's been ten days and I can't hear Doll without crying yet. First couple of days I took a Scandal break for that reason lol. Maybe in a few weeks we'll be back to normal.
Weird thing, I had never been this emotional  scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 1f605 surely it's because it was our first time.
Dunno, someone with experience please guide us    scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 1f61c

Back to top Go down

Live in Dallas
Posted Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:03 pm

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My first concert in well over a decade. My first SCANDAL Live ever! I never would have believed their live performance would eclipse the studio-engineered mastery of their recordings, but IT DID! 

Those smokin' hotties CRUSHED IT FROM START TO FINISH! They never held back one single bit on the instrumentals or the vocals. Energy. Passion. Joy. Power. Love.

For me, SCANDAL is the true alchemy of BEAUTY. The level of talent that only comes from dedication to individual development with your instrument, AND each other as a unified force. Even their natural gifts coalesce to approach perfection. Those lyrics just make you want to drown in the depths of their hearts.

More than anything, I want them to be happy!

In my own selfish heart, I would love to see them create more and more of the wonderful fun that is SCANDAL. But to truly do them honor, anyone who loves them must wish for their happiness above all else.

THANK YOU, HARUNA, MAMI, RINA AND TOMOMI!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, I never had it with other concerts, even when I went to see Paul McCartney live during my most beatlemaniac phase lol. I think it's the whole experience, traveling to another country to meet them in person (in my birthday, of all days!), so many "first times" in a single weekend Tongue

scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 724scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 549scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 743scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 745scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 778scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 763
scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Finally just got back home last night. These past two weeks have been some of the craziest of my life! Six shows, six different cities, eight flights, two countries, three different time zones, and who knows how many hours of waiting in line. I had so, so much fun with my friends, especially with the five of us who hit up every show on the tour. It was insane, and I hope we get to do it all again soon lol

This is my ranking of shows from favorite to least:

1. Anaheim
2. New York (tie)
2. Mexico City (tie)
4. Monterrey
5. Dallas
6. San Francisco

I really need to update this thread and make proper summary posts. Ugh, so much work haha. I will also eventually try to go through and post some pictures I took at each show (except for SF, which was the only show to not allow any pictures).

Also, thank you so much to everyone who came up and said hi to me throughout the tour! It was great meeting all of you Happy

Oh, and if you're wondering about the Fan Letter Project: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14349p75-scandal-heaven-fan-letter-project-vol-9#759289

scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I definitely saw you on the line in Mexico City, but don't think I've talked with you lol. Next time I'm able to attend a concert, I hope I can meet some people from here, because the brief time I had to talk with people on the line made it so much easier for me... I was so nervous lol

scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 724scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 549scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 743scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 745scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 778scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 763
scandal_spthx - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 19 LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down

DJChuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:
DJChuy wrote:My photo with them was funny. Haruna and Rina got too close to me, so I couldn't move my arms during the photo.

Mine was kinda the same. I was kind of petrified of bumping into them. In my pic, my arms are actually partially obscuring both of them even though I'm holding them at my sides for the same reason as you. I definitely would have touched them if I fully backed up to the wall or held my arms up in any way. Not a bad thing for me, but I didn't want to inadvertently create an international incident.

I'm sure they probably had some marks on the floor or something that they just stood at for everyone, although I don't actually see them in my photo. But they didn't really seem to be moving their spots in between photos, regardless of who was there with them. They seemed to leave a hole the size of themselves, which is pretty tiny Happy

What did Tomomi do when she said goodbye to you? I barely even remember what any of them did, I was just in a haze. I have a few specific images in my head, but only of Haruna and Rina. I think I kind of just forgot to even look further to the left or right.

I was looking at other people's pictures before the show, and they had a small gap between themselves and Haruna/Rina. There was no gap in mine. I felt them leaning on me, and I got super nervous. I'm not a big guy btw - 5'8, 150 lbs. Idk if it's because I stood too far back or something. 

After the picture, I got my phone and turned halfway to wave bye. This is when Tomomi said bye to me. I was too nervous to do a full turn and wave to everyone lol, so it looked like I just waved to Haruna/Tomomi. At least I did better than some since one guy just bowed without looking at them lol.

@hohenhiem, I also got a little sad after listening to their songs after the concert for many reasons. It was my first time seeing them, and I just couldn't believe I just met and saw them perform. Who knows when I'll see them again. 

Also there were so many songs I wanted to hear like Love Me Do, Everybody Say Yeah, Space Ranger, etc. Lastly, I met some really cool people at the show. I usually have a hard time speaking with strangers, but it felt like I already knew the people there. Our conversations were natural, and we couldn't stop talking about random stuff. Too bad none of them live in my city.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DJChuy wrote:After the picture, I got my phone and turned halfway to wave bye. This is when Tomomi said bye to me. I was too nervous to do a full turn and wave to everyone lol, so it looked like I just waved to Haruna/Tomomi. At least I did better than some since one guy just bowed without looking at them lol.

Oh I felt exactly the same. There was a band when I was a little younger that I felt similarly to Scandal about (Lush), and once, I got to meet them too and I felt like I made a total ass out of myself (it's kind of an unnecessarily long story). It wasn't a big deal and I'm sure they didn't even think anything of it afterwards, but I have always regretted how awkward I was at that M&G and it tarnishes my memory of it whenever I think about it or look at that picture. This time, my goal was just *not* to be an idiot, whatever else I did, and I was happy that I probably left Scandal thinking I was just a regular guy that they didn't feel one way or another about. But I think Haruna did remember me during the show, so that was great and now it's a great memory.

I don't know if it was like this everywhere but at the NYC show, it was possible to watch the few people ahead of you to see what they did. And I said this earlier but I saw some people just walk in, stand next to them and then walk out, without saying anything whatsoever. I don't blame people for that because I know it's difficult in that situation! But I'm glad I at least greeted and then thanked them.

When I turned around while walking out, I only saw Haruna somehow. I think I was just trying to look in the middle, so it looked like I was talking to all of them. I said thank you and waved, and she said "THANK YOU!!!!" and waved back. I'm sure the others were doing the same but I just didn't see it. It was the reverse with Rina when I walked in and said hello. Somehow I only saw her. I think she just caught me in her gaze and I couldn't look away.

The only thing I regret about the whole thing is not just taking a second and looking to my right and then my left before the picture was taken, and taking in the fact that I was standing next to them. My memories are only of walking in and then walking out, and looking at the guy with my phone actually taking the picture. But ah well, life isn't 100% perfect. It was still great. Sounds like you had pretty much the same experience, which is awesome. Everybody should have this experience. Obviously, I'm still thinking about it.

Back to top Go down

nosferous

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:The only thing I regret about the whole thing is not just taking a second and looking to my right and then my left before the picture was taken, and taking in the fact that I was standing next to them. My memories are only of walking in and then walking out, and looking at the guy with my phone actually taking the picture. But ah well, life isn't 100% perfect. It was still great. Sounds like you had pretty much the same experience, which is awesome. Everybody should have this experience. Obviously, I'm still thinking about it.
My SF meet and greet was similar I didn't really know how to take some proper time and looks to appreciate and record meeting the band in my memory, also I was last minute gifted a VIP so I wasn't expecting to meet them, then suddenly I was going to.

I got VIP at Dallas to make up for it, hahah. That time I made sure I looked at all of the members better as I approached, stood next to them, and then turned around to look at them all deeper and say thank you. Then as I walked away to let the next person in I looked back to absorb what happened more.

I don't know that I'll always get VIP moving forward, but I'll at least do it for one show each time and improve each time.

BEST★Xmas 2023 | KAKO Fes 2023 | MIRROR 2022: Toronto (Anaheim - Dallas)Special Thanks 2018: SF - Anaheim - DallasFeedback Shibuya store: 2018 & 2019
Back to top Go down
richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
My Dallas experience,

Ended up getting to the venue late as I suck at directions but it was only about 15-20 minutes. There was already a long line for VIP so I didn't have high hopes of getting close to the stage. 

Waited about an hour outside in the heat before moving inside. I saw the merch line just inside and it was already long so I decided to skip it so I could get a closer spot to the stage and also I had seen posted on line that they only had large shirts left. 

Just inside the next set of doors was the band taking photos as people came inside. I said hi as I walked up and as people have already posted they were standing close together. I was facing Tomo and Haruna's side as I backed up into position and ended up bumping into Rina. .nervous.

I said I was sorry and I don't even remember what she said back but I still cringe when I think about it. Even worse when I left and said thank you I couldn't turn and face her. 

From there I headed to the stage where I got into position in the second row on Tomo's side. And that is where I stood for the next two hours before the show started. In that time my knees really began to hurt and I was really begining to get uncomfortable and didn't think that I could stand there for another two hours for the show. And then they started to play and all that went away. I was jumping up and sweating like crazy. It was an amazing show and can't wait to get to see them again. 

Afterwards I went to the merch booth and got a towel, wish I could have gotten a shirt but that's ok it's not a show I'll be forgetting any time soon.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.