You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down

SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:05 pm

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I watched the lv at Animax Asia Fb page and I was really hyped!
Them girls are sooo cute and sooo damn pretty! I am sooo starstrucked!  Amazed

I have one or two things to say re: the event.
First, someone will be losing her job as a translator. No offense but that was a poor job, girl.
Second, although there are some albeit brief "what kind of attitude is that!?" from the attendees, gotta commend the participation and energy guys! Oh, and shoutout to that one who spoke Nihongo, shoulda be the one translating to the girls. Haha. And to the one who shouted "Jollibee saigo!" Man, you nailed it! The girls loved it! (Tho kindly explain to me what is the meaning of the phrase in context haha)

Could anyone from you guys who attended the fan meet share your experience!? Pretty please! Love

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm


mamidayo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Maybe he said "最高"? It means something like "the best".


What did the translator do wrong? Maybe he/she was nervous or starstruck.



Anyway, I searched and saw photos from the Scandal PH Facebook page. The line was already long 4 hours before the fanmeet! Insane! What time do I have to be there tomorrow?

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:15 pm

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@mamidayo

I'm not sure myself. It does sound like 'saigo' but 最高 makes much more sense indeed. Gotta hear from guys who attended the fan meet.


Yup, she was kinda nervous. She can't quickly translate the media and fan questions to nihongo and one of the SCANDAL staff has to help in translating considering that the questions are eigo anyways (except for the one from the man who spoke nihongo). Also, viewers who are fluent in nihongo commented that she was poorly translating the girls' answer to eigo. I don't really wanna be hard to the translator but then again, I think her poor performance affected SCANDAL's mood. (Tomi looks bored in the middle part).


Also, the mics! Ugh!


The lv was recorded and can be rewatched at Animax Asia's fb page so go watch it! I suggest as early as you can. There will be priority numbers to be given anyway so better go as early as, say, 1pm? Haha.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:29 pm

avatar

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
It was pretty much cringy. The mics are intermittent and suddenly died several times specially when Haru is not done speaking, and the translator is the show stopper. (Literally) I also appreciate the crowd's energy but I hope they'll learn to tone down their voices when the girls are speaking or listening to the translator. It even came to the point that Haru almost stand up and gave them a shhh!

I have one important question:

Will there be package counters? I'll be coming from a distant province and I may have to bring a back pack for extra clothes, umbrella, emergency slippers in case of flood, etc...



Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:30 pm


mamidayo

Caless Student
Caless Student
LK14 wrote:
@mamidayo

I'm not sure myself. It does sound like 'saigo' but 最高 makes much more sense indeed. Gotta hear from guys who attended the fan meet.


Yup, she was kinda nervous. She can't quickly translate the media and fan questions to nihongo and one of the SCANDAL staff has to help in translating considering that the questions are eigo anyways (except for the one from the man who spoke nihongo). Also, viewers who are fluent in nihongo commented that she was poorly translating the girls' answer to eigo. I don't really wanna be hard to the translator but then again, I think her poor performance affected SCANDAL's mood. (Tomi looks bored in the middle part).


Also, the mics! Ugh!


The lv was recorded and can be rewatched at Animax Asia's fb page so go watch it! I suggest as early as you can. There will be priority numbers to be given anyway so better go as early as, say, 1pm? Haha.

最後 also makes sense if he meant "Jollibee finally!" Were they craving Jollibee?

Anyway, I'm not super good in Japanese too, I can understand more than I can talk and that's mostly from talking to my Japanese friends. Was she taking too much liberty with translating? Or was it more like what she was saying was really wrong?

I don't wanna watch it cause I'm having a hard time sleeping already LOL. I might not wake up in time for tomorrow.

I'm starting to think the organizers are just really poor. They already messed up the ticket sales timing. Let's just hope we don't run into problems at the main show. And I REAAAALLY hope they come back in the future under a different organizer.

I dunno if we'll be given priority numbers since it's a standing show, maybe just first come first serve sa line? I'm going alone, I dunno if I can stand waiting 6 hours without peeing LOL. What time will you be going?


TwistedBaspin wrote:It was pretty much cringy. The mics are intermittent and suddenly died several times specially when Haru is not done speaking, and the translator is the show stopper. (Literally) I also appreciate the crowd's energy but I hope they'll learn to tone down their voices when the girls are speaking or listening to the translator. It even came to the point that Haru almost stand up and gave them a shhh!

I have one important question:

Will there be package counters? I'll be coming from a distant province and I may have to bring a back pack for extra clothes, umbrella, emergency slippers in case of flood, etc...


If the mics had wires, they probably messed up the gain settings.

Also, re: the crowd being too loud. That happened na to a bunch of concerts I've been to. But don't worry, Thoseguiltyeyes said that Scandal is LOUD! We won't have that problem during the show.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:40 pm

avatar

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
I dunno if we'll be given priority numbers since it's a standing show, maybe just first come first serve sa line? I'm going alone, I dunno if I can stand waiting 6 hours without peeing LOL. What time will you be going?
They will be giving us numbers so we can leave and return to our positions (If I'm understanding it correctly)


So you guys have any idea regarding the package counter?



Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:47 pm


mamidayo

Caless Student
Caless Student

@TwistedBaspin


I hope that happens!

Anyway, I know they have a baggage counter in Hypermarket, but according to this blog back in 2016 http://www.littlepinayexplorer.com/2016/07/where-to-leave-your-baggage-for-day-in.html, they don't allow that. BUT there's an actual baggage counter somewhere near ACE hardware.

Not sure if it still exists.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 pm

avatar

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
Was at the fan meet earlier, and yeah the translator wasn't that good. With the little Japanese I know + the messy translations, I could at least get the gist of what was being said.

People were really noisy and the general fan meet ticket holders photo session was super cramped. (20 in a group!) It was a bit of a mess during the photo session at first since people were trying to get a nice spot for the photo. They probably noticed that the girls seemed a bit uncomfortable when there were people behind them, so after the first 2 groups, people could only stay in front or at the sides.

Even with all the mishaps, it was still an amazing experience! I was less than a meter away from the band, and especially closer to MAMI! I couldn't even say a short "arigato" after the photo since I was so overwhelmed and couldn't speak. At least MAMI was waving and smiling in my general direction. <3

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:53 pm

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TwistedBaspin wrote:It even came to the point that Haru almost stand up and gave them a shhh!
She stood up and gave them a shhh indeed! That was one of the 'what kind of attitude is that?!" I was talking about re: audience. But I think they behaved afterwards. ^_^

mamidayo wrote:
最後 also makes sense if he meant "Jollibee finally!" Were they craving Jollibee?

Anyway, I'm not super good in Japanese too, I can understand more than I can talk and that's mostly from talking to my Japanese friends. Was she taking too much liberty with translating? Or was it more like what she was saying was really wrong?

I don't wanna watch it cause I'm having a hard time sleeping already LOL. I might not wake up in time for tomorrow.

I'm starting to think the organizers are just really poor. They already messed up the ticket sales timing. Let's just hope we don't run into problems at the main show. And I REAAAALLY hope they come back in the future under a different organizer.

I dunno if we'll be given priority numbers since it's a standing show, maybe just first come first serve sa line? I'm going alone, I dunno if I can stand waiting 6 hours without peeing LOL. What time will you be going?
Ah, yes! "Saigo," by that context, now makes more sense! Haha. 

Can't say if she was really wrong but I made the SCANDAL staff's (who helped her) gestures and actions as an indicator if she was doing the translations right. There were several times the SCANDAL staff was the one actually doing the translation.

And yes, there will be priority numbers in the form of stubs:
https://web.facebook.com/primetradeasia/photos/a.1865272800191928.1073741828.1354879607897919/2022496264469580/?type=3&theater
Unfortunately, I will not be going.  Cry

TwistedBaspin wrote:So you guys have any idea regarding the package counter?
Sorry, none. You can ask members here who attended previous shows on the tour.

shunyi wrote:People were really noisy and the general fan meet ticket holders photo session was super cramped. (20 in a group!) It was a bit of a mess during the photo session at first since people were trying to get a nice spot for the photo. They probably noticed that the girls seemed a bit uncomfortable when there were people behind them, so after the first 2 groups, people could only stay in front or at the sides.

Even with all the mishaps, it was still an amazing experience! I was less than a meter away from the band, and especially closer to MAMI! I couldn't even say a short "arigato" after the photo since I was so overwhelmed and couldn't speak. At least MAMI was waving and smiling in my general direction. <3
Yah, that's too messy. And I noticed that the venue is way too small. I also agree with making people stay in front, some may... well, you know.  Hmmm

Waaaaaah! Lucky you! Btw, how will you get the photo?



Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 am

avatar

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
LK14 wrote:
mamidayo wrote:最後 also makes sense if he meant "Jollibee finally!" Were they craving Jollibee?
Ah, yes! "Saigo," by that context, now makes more sense! Haha. 

lol guys, even though I wasn't there, I think I can basically guarantee that they must have said "最高 / SAIKOU." 最後 (saigo) does not make sense with that sentence and context lol




That live stream. Just...oh my god. I've never watched anything more cringy than that lol. Everything was so poorly run and unprofessional. The angle of the camera too. Even though the promoter definitely didn't leave us with a good impression after the whole tickets fiasco, I thought we should give them another shot to see how they would handle things when they actually rolled around. Unfortunately, they did not redeem themselves at all with this. Really hope the band goes with another company next time. But anyway, at least it seems like everyone who did get to attend this had fun!

Also, I can confirm that "translator" definitely was horrible. She should NOT have been hired for that job, period. Didn't translate things properly, left out stuff, the band couldn't understand her, had to have fans repeatedly repeat their questions, etc. etc. Sigh.





2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:28 am


mamidayo

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
LK14 wrote:
mamidayo wrote:最後 also makes sense if he meant "Jollibee finally!" Were they craving Jollibee?
Ah, yes! "Saigo," by that context, now makes more sense! Haha. 

lol guys, even though I wasn't there, I think I can basically guarantee that they must have said "最高 / SAIKOU." 最後 (saigo) does not make sense with that sentence and context lol




That live stream. Just...oh my god. I've never watched anything more cringy than that lol. Everything was so poorly run and unprofessional. The angle of the camera too. Even though the promoter definitely didn't leave us with a good impression after the whole tickets fiasco, I thought we should give them another shot to see how they would handle things when they actually rolled around. Unfortunately, they did not redeem themselves at all with this. Really hope the band goes with another company next time. But anyway, at least it seems like everyone who did get to attend this had fun!

Also, I can confirm that "translator" definitely was horrible. She should NOT have been hired for that job, period. Didn't translate things properly, left out stuff, the band couldn't understand her, had to have fans repeatedly repeat their questions, etc. etc. Sigh.


That's what I said first yeah but he insisted it was saigo lol. My horrible Japanese isn't so horrible!

Maybe the organizers just put in someone they knew who was a fan who said she spoke Japanese? I dunno. Cause it's impossible for them to not find a good one when there are so many people who can do better, not to mention a lot of Japanese living here. I hope Scandal will avoid the organizer. I'm sure someone else will pick them up, the demand is obviously really high.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:37 am

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:lol guys, even though I wasn't there, I think I can basically guarantee that they must have said "最高 / SAIKOU." 最後 (saigo) does not make sense with that sentence and context lol
Rewatched the lv, it certainly sounded like Saikou.   

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Also, I can confirm that "translator" definitely was horrible. She should NOT have been hired for that job, period. Didn't translate things properly, left out stuff, the band couldn't understand her, had to have fans repeatedly repeat their questions, etc. etc. Sigh.
You heard it from Jade people, someone will really lose her job.



Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 am

avatar

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The second lady is the English speaking staff for the Asia tour, the younger girl on the right later is an assistant part of Team Scandal.

But yeah the translating kinda reminded me of Hawaii, I guess that's why they didn't bother with translators for the MC during the tour, Haruna did agood enough job in thelocal languages!

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 am

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wildthing wrote:Haruna did agood enough job in thelocal languages!
Yesss she did! She has a beautiful voice in Tagalog and I didn't notice any mispronunciation too!

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:40 am

avatar

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

lol a Filipino media site that attended the fan meet posted a transcription of the Q&A and greatly improved on those "translations" that had been given by that "translator":

http://otakultura.com/2018/3918/scandal-band-in-manila-fan-meet-session-highlights





2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:46 am

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:lol a Filipino media site that attended the fan meet posted a transcription of the Q&A and greatly improved on those "translations" that had been given by that "translator":

http://otakultura.com/2018/3918/scandal-band-in-manila-fan-meet-session-highlights
LoL thank you for this one. Now I can clearly understand what transpired.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:40 pm

avatar

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Manila Setlist
(per Otakultura)

Manila Setlist:

1. Platform Syndrome
2. OVER
3. Scandal Baby
4. Oh No!
5. Kan Biru
6. Short Short
7. Mado wo Aketara
8. Departure
9. Futari
10. Midnight City
11. Electric Girl
12. Everybody Say Yeah!
13. Space Ranger
14. Shunkan Sentimental
15. Flashback No.5
16. Take Me Out
17. Koisuru Universe


Encore:
18. Sisters
19. Love Survive

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 pm

avatar

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:lol a Filipino media site that attended the fan meet posted a transcription of the Q&A and greatly improved on those "translations" that had been given by that "translator":

http://otakultura.com/2018/3918/scandal-band-in-manila-fan-meet-session-highlights
Everything makes so much more sense now. RINA was saying something about "lost love" in the question re: Koisuru Universe, idk if it was left out or what. At least I understand what they said now.  

I wonder which kind of banana Tomo's friend wants her to try. We have quite a few kinds.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:27 pm

avatar

EmperorKnives

Caless Student
Caless Student
For all the flaws of the promoter, the fans were generally well-behaved. I didn't see anyone complaining about the guidelines the promoter gave, even with the long lines and all. Waiting in line early didn't really have much of an advantage though, I think. I got there just before the gates opened for the fan meet, and was able to sit in the front row for the regular fan meet ticket holders.

If anything, I think the fans were just really excited in general, hence the seemingly excessive cheering. I think the ladies were able to appreciate that though.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fanmeet @ Manila
Posted on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 pm

avatar

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I wasn't fond of those people crowding and touching the band during the fan meet picture taking. I personally think that's rude and disrespectful to them. I was there too and that was disappointing alongside the translator.



Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum