Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:46 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL HARUNA professes the existence of a lover - 「I have a very natural love」
Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event QLa1Wa2

When HARUNA, who turned 30 years old on August 10th, was asked about any aspirations for her 30s, she commented, 「Living how I've always lived even after entering my 30s is my current goal」. She continued, 「Also, for example, having a child while continuing to play music is a current goal of mine」; 「Before I turn 35 I'd like to get married and have a child」.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event N1UWTsC

Reminiscing, she said, 「SCANDAL continuing on for 10 years is, in a sense, is a miraculous thing. Four girls playing music for 10 years is not something ordinary. At the same time there are also many bands that have broken up」. She excitedly said, 「Having been able to continue on for 10 years really gave us confidence, and my outlook from hereafter is for the four of us to continue on as long as we can」.

In regards to her private life, she revealed the prescence of a lover by saying 「I have a very natural love」. When she was asked 「Is it going well?」, she said, 「Yes」 with a smile. She made a comment about her partner, saying, 「I'll refrain [from talking about them]. Naturally」.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event IWpp0hm

This photo book was shot in Cebu [in the Philippines]. Taking on the challenge of doing her first swimsuit shoot, HARUNA's healthy body and mind are reflected in this. Although it was only just released on her 30th birthday, she said this about her current mentality and felt relief: 「I'm a little relieved」. She recollected, 「This is the first time I'm releasing something on my own and doing something outside of music, so I couldn't at all picture how many people would buy it, or how many people would see it」, and when a second pressing of the photo book was decided as well as seeing for herself its popularity in person at the store after its release. 「It made me very happy」, she said.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event K0o3hH3

It seems that the band members told her, 「It's amazing to be able to dispatch all sorts of things in the form of a photo book as you're turning 30」. She said, 「Honestly, I thought they would say things like, 『I wonder how it'll be, a band member releasing a photo book』, but I'm confident that we have worked towards and have broken down things like "There are things we shouldn't do because we're a band," or "We're a band, so it should be this way" in a sense, so a band's vocalist releasing a photo book in this way also gives me confidence」, and put the feelings she included in her photo book into words: 「I think this is the most I've ever enjoyed life so far, so I hope everyone can simply see that」.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event OQdJilA Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event BmMmSW2

HARUNA looked back, saying, 「Since I went to the gym for this and trained my body, I rather enjoyed shooting this instead of resisting it」, and, 「As I was having my pictures taken, I unexpectedly realized that I like having my picture taken, so that was a good discovery」. She gave a glimpse into fulfilled state of mind, saying, 「It feels like 『There's nothing to be scared of anymore!』」. Smiling, she said, 「100 points. I'll deliver it with confidence」.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event SihbVSM Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event WOBBu5V

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

There is much rending of garments and gnashing of teeth over Haruna admitting she has a lover, come on guys she is 30 now !

But the good news is she wants to carry on with her music.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, she's 30 now so it is expected that she'll be thinking about marriage and family. She has given the fans 12 years of her life. Let us be happy that she still wanted to continue their music even after marrying.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Osakashnaide

Yes the Rolling Stones are in their 70's now and still making music Happy

Back to top Go down
rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm happy for Haruna  Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 263a  Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 263a  I'm curious about her lover tho.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event Wapmov14

.love. SCANDAL IN MANILA 2018 .love.
Back to top Go down
aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
I would have been more surprised if she didn't have a lover. I'm happy for her and I hope she will have a happy family in the future. She deserves it.

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
With this - quite frankly - shocking news, I'm afraid she has been demoted from Angel to mere (Extraordinary) Human Being...

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 2foml0
Back to top Go down
TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well... A part of me just died.

Lol of course I'm just kidding.

The entirety of me instantly died.

Happy for her tho .waaa.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event Sign10
Back to top Go down
wiesenau

wiesenau

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I am happy that Haruna wants to start a family and also has a boyfriend.

I think that the topic of family and children will be able to focus on the four ladies for the foreseeable future, which is normal and understandable.

We can only hope that they will continue to make music despite their families.
Haruna's statement in the interview definitely makes me very optimistic that SCANDAL's new albums will be released in 10 years' time.

Last edited by wiesenau on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Haruna's Ears @Twistedbaspin
Your last two comments are so great ... I can't stop laughing!   .lol.

She is now 30, so it's not surprising that she's starting to think about marriage and having a child ... but as long as she wants to make music, I'm happy! She said she wants to continue her career with the band as long as possible, it's good news!
The other members will also be interested in all this in the years to come...

Back to top Go down
TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
@izzy
It's not that I am disappointed or against it. Ofcourse I'm happy that she'll have a normal happy life with a family of her own and will still continue to entertain us. If SCANDAL will breakup, that will be devastating to me.

It's just hard not be jealous lol. The last time I was really in love with a celebrity was with Alanis Morissette and I was 12. Now I am on my early 30s and at it again. But seriously I am happy that she's not going to be a lonely oba-san.

@Haruna's Ears
Love the name bruh but she's not demoted for me. She never will.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event Sign10
Back to top Go down
Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My favorite part of this: "I think this is the most I've ever enjoyed life so far, so I hope everyone can simply see that"

I'm so happy for her!!!

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event TqohPfv
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TwistedBaspin wrote:@izzy
It's not that I am disappointed or against it. Ofcourse I'm happy that she'll have a normal happy life with a family of her own and will still continue to entertain us. If SCANDAL will breakup, that will be devastating to me.

It's just hard not be jealous lol. The last time I was really in love with a celebrity was with Alanis Morissette and I was 12. Now I am on my early 30s and at it again. But seriously I am happy that she's not going to be a lonely oba-san.

You're right, I can really understand your reaction, I'll probably feel the same as you the day we hear about Mami's lover... 
.nosebleed.

But now, we need a new Scandal single to start dreaming again !! Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 1f60b

Back to top Go down
tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm happy that she's happy. It's good to have goals in life.  .happy.

I can't wait to receive my copy. It was shipped but hasn't arrived yet.

@izzy:
I hope that Mami makes a photo book .love.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Man, to believe that Haruna is 30, she aged very well, and looks like a healthy mature women.  Happy

I'm not too really surprised about the boyfriend thing, someone was bound to sweep her off her feet (or maybe it was her that did the sweeping lol)

Can't wait to get my hands on the book, she looks great with that hair cut here.

Back to top Go down
Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, I'm not jealous Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 1f618

jk, glad that she's happy and the band is still strong. 12 years really is a long time thought, hope they keep up for many years to come cause they're only getting better IMO!

Back to top Go down
JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
I just wonder could this be the beginning of the end ? I mean they're already getting old now and at their 8th album. They'll get album #9 out of the way and then announce their 10th and final album in the next 4-5 years. I see them getting into a lot of other business ventures outside of music so they're definitely preparing for the end of their run. My personal opinion

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
JR_Grimes wrote:I just wonder could this be the beginning of the end ?

I respect your opinion, but I have to strongly disagree with it. They constantly say how they want to keep going and still be a band when they're old ladies, so that's obviously a huge sign they want to keep continuing on for as long as they can, AKA for longer than 5+ years from this point on. Their time has definitely not come yet.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
JR_Grimes wrote:I just wonder could this be the beginning of the end ?

I respect your opinion, but I have to strongly disagree with it. They constantly say how they want to keep going and still be a band when they're old ladies, so that's obviously a huge sign they want to keep continuing on for as long as they can, AKA for longer than 5+ years from this point on. Their time has definitely not come yet.

Yeah I respect yours as well, good point. Only time will tell, hopefully I am wrong haha I'd just rather them not become a washed act like Kobe and the Lakers.

Modelpress - HARUNA's Photo Book Release Event G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I think they're probably "over the hump" at this point where bands basically can just continue forever. There were times both shortly after the first album when it seemed like they might not really make it, then at around year 4 or 5 when a lot of changes were happening and there seemed to be some tension in the band. But they've gotten through everything and they're at the point now where it gets easier to just stay in the band than it is to leave it, even if the individual members end up doing other things on their own.

There hasn't even been *that* much evidence of them even slowing down (the album releases are slightly more sporadic, but that's natural with them writing all the music now), but it wouldn't surprise or worry me even if that happens. It happens to most bands as they get older. Scandal started out very young and 30 is still quite young (I definitely disagree that they're "getting old"); the others aren't even that age yet. I'm out of my 30's now but I can say that my 30's were my most productive period in my life so far. So they could keep going as they are for quite a while yet, although most people naturally want to branch out and do other things as they get older. But I think the band will probably just never break up. In 30 years, you'll still see them playing on Japanese TV shows occasionally like some of the 80's bands who do that now; they have their own lives but every once in a while they'll get back together and put on a little tour or do a TV show.

Or maybe they could surprise me and still be doing major tours every single year when they're 50. But either way, I think the band will still exist, even if you see the individual members more often doing their own thing.

One thing is that Japanese society can be quite age-oriented, and there are ways you're expected to look and act at certain ages. Their audience is also going to change a bit (or maybe more accurately, it'll have to age up with them and they won't attract as many teens and twenty-somethings). I feel like Haruna already looks and sounds a little different in interviews than she did even a short time ago. (I still remember that one interview where she turned about 5 or 6 answers into something about alcohol.) And I don't know how I feel about that; or maybe I won't know until I see how it really affects the band and the other members too as they turn 30. But I'm sure it's not going to cause the band to cease to exist. I'm pretty sure the band will always exist now.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I agree 100% with Jade, I am nearly 68 but I still love playing bass, it is not what we want but what they want, if you love performing you dont want to stop.

And as for alcohol the Rolling Stones have been into that since the 1960's and they are still performing Happy

Last edited by tonymiller on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rina already said she will dedicate her life to Scandal.
Mami said she can't live without her guitar. 
Now Haru told us she want to continue her music even if she get married. 
And Tomomi, the one who easily cry because of the Fans overwhelming support and reaction. I don't think she'll quit just to do other things. 

Just my opinion though.

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think we don't need to worry for the next few years (at least until they are all in their thirties). But when they start to have children, the band's career will inevitably slow down. at this point, some of them will probably take the opportunity to engage in other solo activities without leaving SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@izzy

We might all be destroyed by a giant asteroid from Space before then anyway Happy

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tonymiller wrote:@izzy

We might all be destroyed by a giant asteroid from Space before then anyway Happy
I hope your joking .hmmm.

-----------------------------------
The girls say they wanted to be a Guinness world record of longest active girl band, so I doubt they stop before then lol

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.