RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! [Page 1 of 1]

RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!!
Posted on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:35 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
From the earliest days of my discovery, SCANDAL has unequivocally inured my hopes and dreams of what music was meant to be! I have heard/seen the best of the best!

RINA SUZUKI IS THE GREATEST DRUMMER/PERCUSSIONIST I HAVE EVER HEARD/ KNOWN, AND ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!!
Posted on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ha ha. That's the spirit! Now run it off...

RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, that feeling hit me after pounding down a 12-pack and half a bottle of Chivas.

After watching "SCANDAL VS. BUDOKAN" twice in a row, and thinking back on the dozens upon dozens of concerts I've attended in my life, the answer is obvious- NOBODY TOPS RINA!!

John Bonham, Carl Palmer and Neil Peart have always been my favorites, but RINA is the QUEEN!  

If I was even capable, a marathon wouldn't be enough to "run it off".

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:04 am

Scandal_Feedback

Scandal_Feedback

Caless Student
Caless Student
HAHA I love it USAadoresU!  Clap

I haven't watched  SCANDAL VS. BUDOKAN yet. Is the video easily found online? 

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:39 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Scandal_Feedback wrote:HAHA I love it USAadoresU!  Clap

lots of videos in youtube :b

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:02 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer

Sorry, don't have a clue about on-line. The same as with their CD's, I've just been concentrating on scoring every DVD/Blue Ray of them I can find. I can't wait to look them up, or even wait for my internet connection to boot up. When I want to hear and/or see them (which is most of the time I'm awake), the longest it takes is to fire up my player, DAC, preamp and amp.

The only exception to that is watching their appearances on talk/variety shows that can be found on the net. They are so cool, funny and sweet it's amazing.

After all the trouble that has occurred with the legal issues making them harder to find on the net (at least in the USA), I've still had pretty good luck pulling up their music videos on Vevo and Vimeo. In case.

Last edited by USAadoresU on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out info)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:17 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
USAadoresU wrote:Well, that feeling hit me after pounding down a 12-pack and half a bottle of Chivas.

Yep, that'll do it!

I must've watched Rina's drum solo in Scandal VS Budokan dozens of times. When I show it to people, I'll then jump back a chapter or two to "Hi Hi Hi" which makes for a great pay off.

Made a special edit of it like this, which was seamless, and put it online but it got me booted off Vimeo (FIX: it was actually my tweaked version of their Koisuru Universe PV that got me the arse). Shame since it got the attention of a quite few people who hadn't heard of Scandal.

It's probably my favourite drum solo. It's not about showing off, it's about showmanship. And that dichotomy between this angel-faced girl in costume and the furiousness of her playing.

So, yeah, I dig Rina. How could you not?

Last edited by Haruna's Ears on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:28 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You must be a carpenter, because you hit the nail dead-nuts and drove it home in one shot! Rina just beats the living crap out of those cymbals and drums, all the while spellbinding with those bottomless eyes and that gorgeous smile. The hair flips are enough to "bring a strong man to his knees".

It's one of the things I admire most about all of them. Whether it's in their studio-mastered work or their live performances, their wondrous voices and breathtaking instrumentals always fit with the spirit of the song. Each of them had full rein, yet never showed any inclination to out-shine their sisters.

My only wish would be for the "Guitar Goddess" Mami to do a few "bigger" riffs/solos on their albums.

Last edited by USAadoresU on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out info)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:24 pm

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
joameba wrote:

lots of videos in youtube :b
There's a few scattered clips, but not the whole thing. IIRC, the only ones complete on YT are Perfect World, 10th Anniversary and Storytellers, the rest is just clips. And each day there's even less, because a lot of videos keep getting pulled off of YT Onion Depress

SCANDAL vs. BUDOKAN is great especially because of the drum solo in the middle. I love it. Wish at least the solo was available online, because I wanted to send it to my drummer friend so he could appreciate it too, but oh well.

RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 724RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 549RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 743RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 745RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 778RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 763
RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:02 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hohenheim wrote:SCANDAL vs. BUDOKAN is great especially because of the drum solo in the middle. I love it. Wish at least the solo was available online, because I wanted to send it to my drummer friend so he could appreciate it too, but oh well.

Try searching over at Vimeo. It came up for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I might try that. I have a Vimeo link saved with all their MVs, but never tried searching for much stuff there lol

RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 724RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 549RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 743RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 745RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 778RINA IS TOO COOOOL!!! 763
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:57 am

Scandal_Feedback

Scandal_Feedback

Caless Student
Caless Student
Omg...you guys are lifesavers! I'm definitely going to try Vimeo. 

Sometimes I sleep later than I want because I end up scanning the web on my phone for more Scandal videos. haha I really need to get out of that habit. I'll always be sleepy at work. lol

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:59 am

Scandal_Feedback

Scandal_Feedback

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh, and @hohenheim, I absolutely LOVE your profile picture! haha That video clip of Mami fan girling SO hard on Michishige Sayumi is everything! lol

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:33 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yesss!!! Haha I love that. Mami is so cute on that video Love

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandal_Feedback wrote:Oh, and @hohenheim, I absolutely LOVE your profile picture! haha That video clip of Mami fan girling SO hard on Michishige Sayumi is everything! lol

SO TRUE! You can almost hear her heart skip a beat! I wanted to say, "Take a deep breath, Mami-chan! If that girl ever met you, she'd fall 4 U like a ton of bricks!"

Back to top Go down