..goodluck Scandal-babies..

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's imprint label - "her"
Posted Fri Jan 11 2019, 20:48

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A good test, 木村カエラ Kimura Kaela also has her own private label call "ERA" under Colourful Records, i.e. just like Scandal's "HER", a good test is probably to see how much streaming, CD are available where you live. But bad thing I noticed, on Kaela's YouTube channel in Japan she mainly streams clips only, she only has 1 full video Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 11 2019, 21:46

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wildthing wrote:A good test, 木村カエラ Kimura Kaela also has her own private label call "ERA" under Colourful Records, i.e. just like Scandal's "HER", a good test is probably to see how much streaming, CD are available where you live. But bad thing I noticed, on Kaela's YouTube channel in Japan she mainly streams clips only, she only has 1 full video Sad

That's exactly what I was doing, so in France (and for most european country) you can easily find Kimura Kaela's music on iTunes but not on Amazon music. Everything is sale under Victor Entertainement label... but there is only her music since 2014.
It let me thing that for Scandal all the next releases will be available on digital platforms but for older albums the situation will remain the same as their former record company Sony has not changed its mind. 
Kaela's Youtube channel is the same as in Japan, only short clips, like many other japanese bands.
I'm pretty sure "Her" label will work with JPU Records for overseas business (they have already released many Scandal's albums).
For CDs, the best choice is to buy them on CDJapan or Amazon.co.jp. Japanese artists remain quite hard to find in our record stores.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 12 2019, 05:58

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I've been wondering if Sony Japan will do what a lot of the American record companies do when they lose an artist and continue to exploit the band's work with various compilation and greatest hits packages. 

From the band perspective this is not really good since they probably will not have any say in what gets released (artists rarely do); and often times there's a good reason why the band didn't want the material released.  But for a portion of the fan base that enjoys all the oddities and unconventional music offerings of their favorite band, it has the upside of getting versions of songs or unreleased material that we may not have gotten otherwise, like demos, alternate recordings and live performances.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 12 2019, 07:03

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
spacecadet wrote:the interesting thing to me is that she moved over to them and did the same thing as Scandal's doing at almost the exact same point in her career (the 10 year mark with her previous label). So it wouldn't surprise me if Scandal's getting some advice here, or at least looking at what others in similar situations have done.

I also wonder if they had a 10 year record deal...
Well, the very first song that Scandal played in a live house was Sadistic Mika Band's "Time Machine ni Onegai". SMB reunited in 2006, with Kimura Kaela on lead vocals, and their rendition of "Time Machine ni Onegai" was quite popular…

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 12 2019, 07:08

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Don Dio wrote:I've been wondering if Sony Japan will do what a lot of the American record companies do when they lose an artist and continue to exploit the band's work with various compilation and greatest hits packages. 

From the band perspective this is not really good since they probably will not have any say in what gets released (artists rarely do); and often times there's a good reason why the band didn't want the material released.  But for a portion of the fan base that enjoys all the oddities and unconventional music offerings of their favorite band, it has the upside of getting versions of songs or unreleased material that we may not have gotten otherwise, like demos, alternate recordings and live performances.

It depends how bad is the relation with Sony, I guess... .whistle.

next week will be interesting ... we can expect the release date of the next single and probably a spring tour?? I don't know why but i think they will announce something more... maybe a live album (they never released a live CD)?
Just have to wait...  .nervous.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.