thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 NBUx5n7

【Translated Summary】LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single, #2 - February 25th

So, nothing too interesting happened during the stream, which makes it kind of pointless to do a very detailed summary of it. So, here's a fairly brief rundown.

Spoiler:
-The band talks about how this is the second live stream, that a month went by fast, that you'd get to hear the recorded version of "Masterpiece" here before anywhere else, that they'd be announcing new tour info, and that they'd be finding out which members are going where for the Tower Records one-day manager event on 3/26.

-They talk about the first press bonuses again (info here). HARU messes up the stores that has her solo file and RINA's file. She says HMV will carry hers while TSUTAYA will carry RINA's. A little later on, they read a comment from a fan that says they mixed it up. So, the correct stores are: TSUTAYA = HARU, HMV = RINA.

-They air a short version of "Masterpiece." Before that, the MC mentions the "Mabataki"/"shirataki" joke from last time (15:10 - 17:00) and says he has something new. RINA is not amused at all lol. TOMO is handed a bag and pulls out a pouch of "matatabi" (catnip) from it.

-They briefly talk about the Valentine's chocolate exchange (33:25 - 39:50). RINA, who made this year's gifts, says she forgot what she made lol (HARU: "But it was delicious"). It's something about a French recipe with 4 types and floriography attached to it?

-RINA says how she recently backed up her phone for the first time, and HARU laughs and says that RINA's not really tech-savvy. RINA says she upgraded her phone for the first time in a while (most likely went to an Apple store) and didn't know what to say, so she just said, "Please give me an iPhone X." They told her to wait a bit and she thought she said something wrong. The band assures her that she didn't. MAMI reads some comments from people agreeing that RINA is not tech-savvy.

-They talk about recording vocals and how they took a while to do it for "Masterpiece."
-HARU: "It's been a while since we put out a single, and I was kind of nervous to record vocals."
-RINA: "We usually do it 2-3 takes, right? How many did we do this time?"
-HARU: "I did one take, and when I listened to it, I wanted to fix some parts and redo it. I did it over and over again, and we got a good take."

-They mention how they shot the music video, which is currently being edited.
-RINA: "It's our first step after establishing 'her,' so it's like we put all of this new energy into it. It's like what we had been wanting to do has taken that exact shape. It's the same for the songs and their videos too. We're confident in these two songs, and it makes us feel like we're progressing forward."
-MAMI: *reading comments* "I wonder if we'd be able to hear 'Mabataki'~"
-RINA: "Maybe next month?"

-They then announce SCANDAL TOUR 2019 "Fuzzy Summer Mood". TOMO holds up the board with the dates and she's told to do "screenshot-worthy faces" again.

-Next, they do the lottery for the one-day manager event on 3/26 (info here). MAMI = Fukuoka, RINA = Nagoya, TOMO = Sendai, HARU = Sapporo

-The audio goes out for about a minute. When it comes back, they say how all of the info will be on their homepage (official label site). They then talk about homepages and HARU mentions that making your own homepage was a thing back when she was in high school.

-They start playing random games like last time (47:50 - 56:10), like a rhythm game, the "Aishiteru Game," and the "Mozzarella Cheese Game."

-Finally, they sum up the things they announced during this stream, and to look forward to the final stream next month.

masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Final LIVE LINE starts tomorrow, I completely forgot about this broadcast lol. I wonder what they'll show/talk about since every info about the single has been out.  Onion huh?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:Final LIVE LINE starts tomorrow, I completely forgot about this broadcast lol. I wonder what they'll show/talk about since every info about the single has been out.  Onion huh?

Maybe they'll premiere the "Mabataki" MV? That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't already been revealed.

masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down
Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Was Mabataki ever played? A preview at least? I might have missed it...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Tuba wrote:Was Mabataki ever played? A preview at least? I might have missed it...

The full song was played on the radio the other week.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14570p75-new-single-masterpiece-mabataki#762125

Tip: Whenever you see the masterpiece_mabataki hashtag, you can click on it to view all newsworthy posts related to the single. Wink

Back to top Go down
Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Using a Tomomi avatar, I feel a little ashamed of having missed it  What?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The third and final LINE LIVE (summary coming soon):

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:Final LIVE LINE starts tomorrow, I completely forgot about this broadcast lol. I wonder what they'll show/talk about since every info about the single has been out.

Maybe they'll premiere the "Mabataki" MV? That's the only thing I can think of that hasn't already been revealed.

lol I must have a knack for predicting things about "Mabataki" =Dp For my final prediction, I predict that full version will premiere on 3/27 at 12 am JST on SCANDAL's YouTube channel lol

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It seems they haven't mention anything about the coming apperance in Macau.

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Loved the mabataki contest (they tried to see who could resist blinking the longest). Won't spoil it if you hadn't watch it yet.

Grin

masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 SCAGITACOLLE_2_SH

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN
29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本
31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本
26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK
12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本
10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS
17/9/16 Szene | WIEN
24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK
10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK
10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 IISTZUH

【Translated Summary】LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single, #3 (Final) - March 25th

The last of these monthly streams!

Spoiler:
-The first thing the band talks about is the pillar promo at Shibuya Station. The band didn't know about the promo, which was a surprise from their staff, at all and found out when their staff suddenly sent them pictures of the pillars. It'll be up until 3/31.

-They then play this video that talks about what'll be in the magazine of LE A, and then go over the store bonuses and show what the clear files + prism calendar look like.

-Next, a short clip of the "Mabataki" MV is played. They talk about how both that and the "Masterpiece" MV are two completely different videos. RINA says that "Masterpiece" features an intense performance only, and how they don't have any instruments at all in "Mabataki." They also talk about how it features dual vocals between TOMO and HARU.

-"Nipper" (the dog statue lol) asks them how they decided to do the scenes in the video.
-RINA: "The song itself is girly and has a soft atmosphere to it, so we wanted to have scenes that represented that. We wore pale vintage clothes and went with a "girls lazing around in their room" feel. We shot all kinds of scenes."
-HARU: "You were in a bathtub."
-RINA: "Yeah, I'm soaking in a bubble bath. It was actually really difficult to do. I was in a jacuzzi-like tub and couldn't sink down. They would tell me to stay submerged for several seconds until they said okay, but I would float up."
-MAMI: "There were too many bubbles."
-RINA: "Yeah. That was the most difficult part. We did it over and over again."
-HARU: "Like in our past videos too, you tend to be in water."
-TOMO: "Which ones again?"
-HARU & MAMI: "'Stamp!'"
-MAMI: "She jumped in the ocean."
-HARU & RINA: "'Koisuru Universe' too."
-RINA: "I had a scene where I was in the shower in my clothes."
-HARU: "You're in charge of water."
-Nipper: "HARUNA, what are you in charge of [in the "Mabataki" video]?"
-HARU: "What was it? Drinking tea--tea time. In charge of tea time."
-Nipper: "What about MAMI?"
-MAMI: "Making sweets. What was it again?"
-RINA: "Pancakes?"
-MAMI: "Pancakes. Yeah."
-Nipper: "What about TOMO?"
-TOMO: "Petting a rabbit and HARUNA on the bed."
-HARU: "Wait, we didn't show that yet!"
-RINA: "Look forward to it!"

-Nipper then asks them how Victor Rock Matsuri was. They say that they were nervous, and that it had been their first live show since Christmas time and their first live show of the year.
-MAMI: "We were like, 'So this is what a live show is!'"
-HARU: "It was exciting to appear with other Victor artists, and I think we were able to show what our live shows are all about."
-RINA: "It was simply fun. After our set, our staff was excited and told us how glad they were, and it made us happy that we're off to a new start with this same team."

-Next, Nipper mentions that they have their "one-day manager" events at Tower Records the next day to commemorate the new single 「Masterpiece / Mabataki (Blink)」. Tower's motto is "NO MUSIC, NO LIFE," so they will be playing a game called "NO MABATAKI, NO LIFE" = a contest to see who can go the longest without blinking. The loser has to do a punishment. A staff members asks who blinks the most. RINA and TOMO gesture to HARU.

-HARU: "I blink a lot."
-RINA: "I feel like TOMO doesn't blink a lot."
-TOMO: "But I'm blinking a lot right now."
-HARU: "Are your eyes itchy?"
-TOMO: "Yeah, some pollen got in them. They're so itchy if I don't produce tears."

-Nipper says that they'll be going in order decided by janken (rock-paper-scissors). MAMI wins and goes first, and lasts 30 seconds. HARU goes second and lasts an incredibly long time and wonders if wearing contacts help. She lasts for about 1 minute, 46 seconds, all the while the members are yelling things behind her, like, "She's too strong!"

-Staff member: "Scary!"
-HARU: "I'm scared of myself too!"

-TOMO goes next and says she'll try to at least match MAMI's time of 30 seconds. She seems to forget it's a staring contest and blinks around 3 seconds later. HARU tells her she can do it again, but she chooses not to.
-TOMO: "It's not even like my eyes were dry yet!"

-RINA goes last and makes it to 45 seconds, which means TOMO is the loser. For her punishment, she has to say "her" in a very enthusiastic way.
-They again say how HARU's too strong, and HARU says that she herself was surprised. M+T+R: "We wouldn't expect anything less."

-Next, they talk their upcoming summer tour, and how it'll be their first tour of the  new era of Japan, which happens in April. Since it's also their first tour after establishing "her," they hope that it'll have a new feeling to it. The merch for the tour was completed recently, which they say is really cute.

-They then talk about 「SCANDAL her ~Kanojo-tachi no Atelier Ten~」 and how they had a space created that drops you into the world of the songs on the single. You can also take pictures there.

-They mention how they recently released the "Masterpiece" MV and wondered what people thought of it. "Really cool!", "I really like it!", "It reminded me of the Kanshasai tour!", "It made me want to go to a live show of yours!", "Your outfits were cool!", etc. One person asks how they shot that effect in the beginning of the video. They put a speaker under a mirror, made the mirror vibrate, and shot it from the mirror.

-At the end, they go over all of the upcoming events related to the single and each say a bit about the LINE LIVEs.

-TOMO: "It was fun! See you at a live show. Come out to our one-day manager events tomorrow!"
-MAMI: "Thanks for participating. I wish this could be a regular, monthly thing! Thanks! I hope we get a chance like this again soon. Thanks for the many comments! See you again from tomorrow! Bye bye!"
-RINA: "These past three months were fun! It's our first single release in a while, and I'm so glad we were able to make something great. We really worked hard to make this, so I'd you to listen to it while enjoying the lyric card and store bonuses. It's also out digitally. We wanted to send it to everyone and have you listen to it in the way you like. I hope you enjoy it in your favorite way of listening to music. Farewell, then!"
-HARU: "Thanks for these past three months! The most important thing is that our new single is out on 3/27, so please pick up the CD. We'll also be holding our one-day manager events, so we'd be happy if you came out and saw us. Again, thanks for these past three months!"

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the translation!

Love the talk about the Mabataki MV i didn't noticed that they keep having Rina with water in the music videos.

I love how Tomomi immediately "mabataki" after starting her turn lol

Back to top Go down
AntaBaka

AntaBaka

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the translation!

Black MAMI best MAMI - fite me.
masterpiece_mabataki - LINE LIVE Specials to Celebrate SCANDAL's New Single - Page 2 Mami_s10
Back to top Go down