You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which SCANDAL member did you get?

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-le1130%"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-ri11 30% [ 13 ]
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-le1126%"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-ri11 26% [ 11 ]
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-le1121%"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-ri11 21% [ 9 ]
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-le1123%"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Bar-ri11 23% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 43

Re: "her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations
Posted on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
What a odd quiz.   It felt like I spent 20 minutes on the first question trying to find an option for neither.    LOL.  In the end I got Tomomi.

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Adii

Adii

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got Mami! This quiz is so cool. Kudos who recreated it as an online quiz.

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Lightn10 “It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do.” 
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

【"her" Magazine, Vol. 1】What is "her"? Interview - Part 2
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 9P0irFS

Koyanagi: You could say that you thought long and hard about yourselves in 2018. Do you feel like you can see what's on the outside now?

RINA: Yes, that too. Since we're doing this as four women, we feared that that many people would not understand unless we sharpened ourselves up more than necessary. After being liberated from that, we began thinking that classic melodies and straightforward lyrics are really cool. That makes us happy. We don't need to play songs like that—we want to play them. We're able to write lyrics that are completely different from before.

HARUNA: We still feel that way now.

MAMI: When songs that are like part 2 of our past songs are born, it's not about going beyond things like, "We need to include a phrase with more impact here," or, "We need to start it off like this," and not that we can only see part 1. It was around the end of the year that we decided to get rid of that and just make them sounding like a band. After that, the four of us agreed that we started to be able to create songs that we could say are good. It feels like we're brand new. We're able to make things that we like. That sense of security is such a big thing for us.

Koyanagi: So, it's like you were moving houses and were like, "Onto the next place!" (laughs)

TOMOMI: Essentially (laughs).

MAMI: Although we didn't have anything clear-cut, we thought a lot about who we are. We didn't need to put it into words; everyone could tell from the ambience. It was overflowing.

Koyanagi: The four of you say "It's always so much fun," but I think you guys really were in a crisis. Your excitement goes down, and if you think you're in a crisis, that is how it'll seem.

HARUNA: Yeah, I think it was a crisis. We might have still been in a crisis if we didn't talk about creating a label.

TOMOMI: And now we can't think of any other way we could do things.

HARUNA: We forcibly created [our label]. We might have been going about things in an uncomprehensible way.

Koyanagi: The name of your label is "her." Could you explain the name?

RINA: It's our own theme. When we thought about we as a rock band—and with the four of us being women—continuing on for a long time, we realized that there are many aspects of how men continue their bands, that don't fit with us. We really do love the things that we can do because we're women, and things that are girly—it's better that we embrace things like that. We wanted to have cool lives as women, which comes before being musicians. Recently, we've started talking about things like, "As an all-girl band...", and we had conversations every day about stuff like, "Maybe that's a little too mannish," or, "This can't be done unless you're a woman; how interesting." We came to think that that's our theme. "her" is a word that has various meanings depending on the words that precede and follow it. We thought that that word should be our theme from here on as well, including its degree of freedom.

Koyanagi: So it's a word that came up in your conversations. Were there any other candidates?

RINA: There weren't, but our staff told us, "Please submit at least five choices" (laughs). When we looked up various company names as references, we thought there were a lot of simple and cool ones. In the end, we only submitted "her" (laughs).

Koyanagi: Hahaha. It's more about the theme than the label name. It was probably easier after raising that point.

MAMI: Yes, we envisioned how things would turn out. I think the fans too were watching us and were wondering what would be waiting after HONEY, which we said was our greatest album. It was a big thing to be able to present our image beyond that.

HARUNA: We as women had to continue on. When you're in band, there are times when you must not forget that you're a woman. However, to reach 30 and continue after that, you enter into a time frame where you must get on with things no matter what while also being a woman. I was happy that I was able to affirm myself.

Koyanagi: I thought that was a stylish way of thinking.

TOMOMI: That's the first time we've been told that (laughs).

Koyanagi: It's very chic.

MAMI: Yeaaah. It's a little embarrassing to hear that (laughs).

Koyanagi: You can start to fight more flexibly.

MAMI: It feels like we can head forward nimbly. Freedom is a word that has been important for us too. It feels exactly like we have the freedom to go anywhere.

Koyanagi: That's why the songs that have been born have also been different. You're doing what you're good at, but it feels like they were born in a completely different way. I dare say that they're "masterpieces" (laughs).

RINA: (laughs) I went crazy with the lyrics. After we decided to use this melody since it was insanely good, I was worried about what lyrics to start it off with. In the first place, we don't like to sing too much about ourselves. However, it seemed unnatural to ignore what we've been doing for 10 years, and that we were about to kick off to a new start. So, at the studio the next day, I said, "We've avoided writing songs where we're the protagonist, but maybe we could do it at this point in time." Everyone said that that'd be great. That's why we were conscious of writing it as a song to kick off a new start.

MAMI: We thought that we should let the words "beginning," "newness," and "rebirth" come next. From the start it felt like it came together nicely.

HARUNA: We thought, "Is it still possible for us to feel like newcomers?" (laughs). It just felt embarrassingly fresh. But if we didn't do it now then we wouldn't be able to sing it, and it's because of our efforts that we scraped by and finally hit on lyrics that anyone could understand.

Koyanagi: Your singing is also straightforward.

HARUNA: I feel like the song called to me. I was excited.

RINA: It really suits you.

HARUNA: Given how SCANDAL is currently, I didn't think that we would sing this melody with these lyrics. Although we've tried out lots of things and tried updating ourselves, this song brings us back to our roots. I didn't expect to be able to go back there.

MAMI: Yeah. We need to put a twist on it somewhere. I think it turned out to be a song that makes us go, "Oh!", even though we didn't make it like that. That's exactly what it means for SCANDAL, after 10 years, to make and sing our songs now.

HARUNA: By making this song, our subsequent production has become easier. It's better to write very easy-to-understand lyrics. People are listening even if we don't use metaphors or analogies, and we know what we want to convey. We were able to reach a point where we can keep continuing to create songs like this.

Koyanagi: It's nice to draw on a white canvas, is what you're saying. There are still so many things that are new to you even after 10 years.

RINA: The rules we have for songwriting are decreasing. There are times when we leave something rough on purpose. Like, we do a mixture of "kimi" (you; typically less polite) and "anata" (you; typically more polite). It's like when watching a movie and a line aimed towards the audience suddenly pops up. It's possible to do a mix of tricks and reality in a movie, but it's more difficult to do in music. We wondered if we could appeal to people one-on-one with just one phrase. We never thought we would ever do that. If you use "kimi" once then you should use "kimi" throughout the whole song, but we thought we'd try taking on a new challenge. That's such a minute detail, though.

Koyanagi: That's wonderful.

RINA: I think it's kind of fun.

MAMI: We've been experimenting with different ways of making songs, and since we're going through a number of stages, we have a lot of our own rules. But, we talk about whether to review things or not. This song was made when we talked about doing things freely. It's the first step.

Koyanagi: For example, even if there are mistakes, you're just like, "Let's just be fun and free." This side of SCANDAL is appealing.

MAMI: Originally, the arrangement was completely different and I also put in some strings. It was leading up to the chorus. But, I wanted to do this song with the input of a third party. I couldn't make it completely different by myself. I think I was in a situation where I could only do a part 2 of the song. So, I left the arrangement to the staff we've been working with for a long time, and it turning into a song that was completely changed also means that SCANDAL as we are right now are progressing. It turned out to be a very satisfying song.

Koyanagi: "Mabataki," the other A-side song, is also another wonderful song. It's a very RINA-like song with each of its pieces filling in one by one.

HARUNA: We were like, "Is okay to have everyone listen to an emotional song right after 'Masterpiece'?" (laughs)

RINA: We've written plenty of love songs that stays the course until the finish line, but we also wanted to write a song that starts and finishes vague. We finished it up with TOMOMI on main vocals for the first time in a while.

Koyanagi: In regards to vocals, why did you decide to go with that?

RINA: We also tried doing vocals with all four of us once, but it felt a little too upbeat. So, we focued on TOMOMI's voice. All of us sing during the choruses.

Koyanagi: That's also another easy decision.

TOMOMI: It was close to the beginning. We all sang it once. It felt puzzle-like as we were making it.

Koyanagi: With this private-like feeling and crown called "her," I think it makes it even more charming.

RINA: We talked about how it's good to be charming and have music that fits everyday life and that has lived-in feel to it. It feels like we can now do girly songs that shake free from our preferences.

MAMI: We probably wouldn't have paired those before. After establishing "her," it now truly feels like we'll be putting out what we love, and what we want to do. If "her" didn't exist, we probably would have just put this song on an album, but that's the usual pattern we take anyway. Being able to change that is also because we have "her."

Koyanagi: The songs you'll make will continue to change, and I think you'll also be able to make classic J-Pop songs. Lastly, could you tell us your hopes and desires for your future activities?

RINA: Let's see......

HARUNA: There are endless things to do...but I can't think of any at all right now (laughs).

RINA: We want to live cheerful lives while also living alongside music. We're not trying to make it seem like we're holding a festival called "her"; we want to live our lives as female musicians while releasing music from a place called "her."

MAMI: Releasing songs to the world and playing live shows won't change, but what will be changing completely are the delivery methods and our desire as SCANDAL to deliver them. At any rate, we're very happy that we're able to do this feeling very fresh. Everything is new again, so we want to have fun while feeling this freshness even more.

TOMOMI: It really does feel like we're newcomers redoing our major label debut. We'd love to appear at festivals again feeling like freshmen. It truly feels like everything's anew. We want to do this feeling as though we're starting from scratch.

MAMI: That's surprisingly stoic (laughs).

Koyanagi: You really do seem to be in a good, pleasant mode. I'll be looking forward to what's next as well.

All: We'll do our best!

If you haven't already, please support the band and pick up a copy of this edition !

#front-page #masterpiece_mabataki

Thanks so much for waiting for the second part of this interview!

Individual interviews with each member will be posted soon. We will be translating and posting 「"her" Magazine Vol. 2」 as well when it comes out with new album Kiss from the darkness![/size]

Also, thank you for checking out our translations! Please consider donating if you'd like to continue supporting us and our work:

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 KTaQ9Ti

We've also set up a Patreon, if you'd like to support us there instead!

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 WbfaNFx

https://www.patreon.com/scandal_heaven

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2020.9.4 KFTD @Paris 9.6 London 9.9 Berlin 9.17 Anaheim 9.19 Dallas 9.21 Atlanta 9.23 Toronto
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks a lot for the translation  

"We never thought we would ever do that. If you use "kimi" once then you should use "kimi" throughout the whole song, but we thought we'd try taking on a new challenge. That's such a minute detail, though.
It's funny reading this now since Saishuuheiki kimi has "kimi" throughout the whole song. Common

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:17 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:It's funny reading this now since Saishuuheiki kimi has "kimi" throughout the whole song.

Hmm, I think you're a little confused? RINA isn't referring to using "kimi" in general; she's referring to how both "kimi" and "anata" are used in "Masterpiece":

Ikutsumono hibi wo koete houseki ni naru kimi no namida [in the first chorus]

Sekaijuu ni tonde yuke anata ni utatteru yo [in the last chorus]

An artist almost always sticks to using only one form of "you" in a song, but SCANDAL changed it up and used two forms in this song. That's basically what they're trying to say here. It's one of those Japanese nuances that doesn't quite translate well to English since we don't really have multiple ways/nuances of saying "you."

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2020.9.4 KFTD @Paris 9.6 London 9.9 Berlin 9.17 Anaheim 9.19 Dallas 9.21 Atlanta 9.23 Toronto
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:51 am

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
Thanks for the translation. It is good to have a little more of the concept that they thought to use "her" as a name and that more interesting things are coming for the future.

Although, I seriously think that Sony could no longer help them grow as artists

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

【"her" Magazine, Vol. 1】HARUNA - Private Interview
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 CAXGlz7

"It's more fun to live life your own way"

Following the long interview with all of the members, are solo talks where they each roughly talk about their current statuses. Unlike the first interview, we asked them to talk casually about their private lives. First up is HARUNA.

"It's just a waste if you live your life only listening to what people say"

―HARUNA, for you, your solo trip to New York during the New Year's holiday [December 2018] really was a big thing for you, wasn't it? Haven't you always been the type of person who travels alone?

HARUNA: Not at all (laughs). That was my first time traveling alone! I had a friend in NY so I went out to eat dinner with them, but during the day I actually was alone for my 4-night, 6-day stay.

―And NY is overseas too. I'd understand if you had gone to somewhere like LA.

HARUNA: I thought that too (laughs). I thought I prefer places like LA where you can take it easy, but I strangely got hooked on NY after traveling there in the summer and fall last year. That informative feeling is fun. Something I've never done before was doing a thing like riding the train by myself to Manhattan after arriving at the airport, but I didn't expect that doing things like that would give me experience points. That made me happy.

―Why did you feel like traveling alone at that time?

HARUNA: Right? For some reason, I started to get into this "I want to travel alone somewhere and do something by myself" mode during the latter half of 2018. After my New Year's trip to New York, I felt more interested in seeing and experiencing more things. Turning 30 probably has a lot to do with it. I want to try doing things by myself that I haven't yet experienced.

―Has your mindset changed after turning 30?

HARUNA: I think so. I've been able to comfortably come to terms with all sorts of things, with music and in my private life, too. From the start I've been the type that tends to pay attention to other people's needs, but the more I insist on my ideals, the more I can enjoy life and relationships. I don't know if it's because I have this sort of career, but I always felt like I was a child. For example, it was a given that I'd be picked up when going to work; when on tour we had everything arranged for us, and all I had to do was go with it. I wanted to try taking a solo trip, and I also wanted to try doing everything for myself. I've turned 30, but I'm still childish. I've been alive for 30 years, so it's just a waste if I live my life only listening to what people say. If I have another 40-50 more years of life ahead of me, it might be more fun to live life my own way.

―Is that the same for your musical activities as well?

HARUNA: Yes. I realized recently that, as a vocalist, it's important to convey your feelings during each and every live show. It's important for all of us to say things, but you need to say what you're thinking about. I hope it'll be connected in the future as well.

―It feels like the atmosphere between the members has grown more intimate because of personal growth such as yours. It's close to the love comedians have for their partners.

HARUNA: I get that (laughs). It's like we're absolute partners. Also, we've recently been going to the studio once per week.

―Really? That's shocking! Since when?

HARUNA: About 4 or 5 months ago. Just the four of us voluntarily began going. We always meet up whether we have things to be done or not. So, there are times when we're completely honest when talking with each other (laughs). That also might be showing in our recent moods. I think we've grown to care more for each other.

―You guys are too strong (laughs). How did that start?

HARUNA: It was pretty natural, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was probably due to starting our label "her." Although we check in every day via LINE, we thought it's better to have more days where we're able to meet face-to-face. Actually doing it is really great.

―Lastly, what's something you want to challenge yourself with?

HARUNA: Compared to last year, there are quite a few festivals we're playing at—like ARABAKI ROCK FEST—that we haven't yet played at. I want to get even more pumped for those. Although we travel while on tour, I'd also like to travel domestically separately from the tour. Going to all kinds of places via car and such. The travel bug has bit me pretty hard after all.

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 7QnMJFc

HARUNA's current obsession:

Tarako pasta

I'm so obsessed with tarako pasta! It originally started when I went to Dan , a restaurant specializing in tarako pasta in Meguro. I first got hooked on that place, and I've also gone to the Hategaya sister store Kabe no Ana in Shibuya, which is said to be the birthplace of the dish. The thickness of the noodles is slightly different, there are many toppings, and each is respectively unique and delicious. I think my favorite right now is Uncle Tom in Ebisu. For the time being, I'm taking care of myself and don't eat it often, but I did eat it two days ago (laughs).

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:39 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Once again, thank you for the translations!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:44 pm

etwee

etwee

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
How about you, TGE? I bet translating their words brings you closer to the members. (Not surpsrised you did Haru's interview first)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96® wrote:It's funny reading this now since Saishuuheiki kimi has "kimi" throughout the whole song.

Hmm, I think you're a little confused? RINA isn't referring to using "kimi" in general; she's referring to how both "kimi" and "anata" are used in "Masterpiece":

Ikutsumono hibi wo koete houseki ni naru kimi no namida [in the first chorus]

Sekaijuu ni tonde yuke anata ni utatteru yo [in the last chorus]

An artist almost always sticks to using only one form of "you" in a song, but SCANDAL changed it up and used two forms in this song. That's basically what they're trying to say here. It's one of those Japanese nuances that doesn't quite translate well to English since we don't really have multiple ways/nuances of saying "you."
oh ok thanks for the clarification, I thought she was referring to using "kimi" and "anata" in general with their new songs. I forgot she was specifically talking about Masterpiece.

Back to top Go down

【"her" Magazine, Vol. 01】MAMI - Private Interview
Posted on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:03 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【"her" Magazine, Vol. 01】MAMI - Private Interview
"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 1dQE4a3

"It's as if we're high school classmates who became mom friends (laughs)"

Next is the personal interview with MAMI. In 2018, her hobbies turned pro when she sold remade items. Focusing on her thoughts on that point in time, we had her talk about things like her overflowing love for the members.

"It personally feels like a new start to me, but SCANDAL's not changing at all"

―During MAMI WEEK [in 2018] at the Feedback! Shop in Shibuya, you sold remade items. You put quite a lot of effort into it, didn't you?

MAMI: That was one of my highlights of 2018 (laughs). It was like, "I'm finally going beyond the field of my hobby, and am selling it!" (laughs). From the start I've liked to design apparel, but my hobby taking a clear and defined shape surprised me as well. It might have been the hardest I've ever worked in my life (laughs).

―I was surprised at how well-done it all was. It was pretty tough, wasn't it?

MAMI: Because there's no template unlike musical instrument software, I had too much freedom and it was really hard to come up with ideas. They were remade items, but I wanted to make things that could be used everyday. When I previously asked Yoshie, [clothing store] CANDY STRIPPER's designer, for advice, she said, "I think music and fashion are very closely related to each other right now. You listen to music influenced by fashion, and you make clothes influenced by music." It's exactly like that. It was the first time I thought that way after making my own clothes.

―As always, it's amazing how you get into your hobbies.

MAMI: If you're hooked on it, you'll thoroughly pursue it. Like, I'm at the point where I'm like, "What's the name of this part? This sewing method? This wool?" (laughs). Since I myself am a craftsman, I'm very curious about a crafter's soul and its reverse side. Lately, I've been going to festivals where handmade things are for sale—not just handmade clothes, but also things like sweets and tableware. It's hard when you go to events like that because you find so many things you want to buy for others. Like, this bowl would be good for TOMO-chan, or these earrings would be nice for RINA-chan. Ever since last year, I've been giving out "ordinary-day presents." That means I give something to someone on an ordinary day that is neither on their birthday nor for Christmas.

―It seems as if the members already share a love that's like one between a middle-aged married couple (laughs). It seems like you guys have been getting along even better recently, hasn't it?

MAMI: We have a good friendship between each other, as if we're high school classmates who respectively got married and became mom friends (laughs). It's a transcendent friendship that's different from friendships during high school (laughs). I think it also has to do with age. Everyone's grown up.

―I hear that you all go to the studio once per week (laughs).

MAMI: That's right (laughs). It always starts off feeling like, "We weren't at the studio two days ago, right?" (laughs). We keep in touch almost everyday, so it feels like we're seeing each other even though we're not.

―I know there are times when you get together because you have a goal like a tour or solo live show, but I think it's really amazing that you get together even when you don't have something coming up.

MAMI: This is the most important thing. We all have that kind of awareness. A former roadie of ours told us that we seem even closer compared to before. When you're looked at and evaluated objectively, you realize that you're achieving results.

―Finally, we'll ask you about "her." How would you convey your current situation to the fans?

MAMI: It's so that we can entertain everyone even more. It feels like we still have more room to grow (laughs). We're women, we're at this age, we're worried about our audiences—rather, we were concerned that something could happen. We don't know if might disband, or if we might take a break, etc., but something like that's always on the table. However, by creating "her," it gave us relief. There's still much more to come. It personally feels like a new start to me, but SCANDAL's not changing at all. Rather than it being like chapter 2, doesn't it feel more like after two years of training as described in the manga "One Piece"? It's not "One Piece 2," is it? But they got together, got super strong, and made a comeback (laughs). It feels really fresh, so that in itself is something new. It feels more like we powered up than being made anew.

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 7QnMJFc

MAMI's current obsession:

Croissants

When we were on our US and Mexico tour in 2018, croissants were sold absolutely no matter we went. I started eating them because the taste is more consistent than soups and sandwiches, and I got hooked after that. I like plain croissants without any chocolate or ham inside. Surprisingly, there are popular croissant shops in Japan too. I'm so addicted to croissants that I have a private croissant account on Instagram (laughs). I've gone to almost every croissant place in Tokyo, so the only places I can post about now are when we go to rural places while on tour.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:25 am

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have to find the croissant account!

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:33 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If Mami still likes croissants, she will love her trip to France in September!  Evil Grin

Thank you for the translations !

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

etwee wrote:How about you, TGE? I bet translating their words brings you closer to the members. (Not surpsrised you did Haru's interview first)

I'm doing the interviews in order, and HARU's happened to be first (as usual)."her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 1f617

tbh, when I translate I'm focused more on the act of translating than actually absorbing what's being talked about, and when I'm done I don't really have time to go back afterwards and thoroughly reread the interviews. So, can't really say this makes me feel all that closer to them"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 1f605, but I hope it makes you guys feel that way!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@thoseguiltyeyes

Oh definitely Jade Happy

It makes us feel we know them better as people.

"her" Magazine Vol. 1 Translations - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum