thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Special Interview with RINA of SCANDAL
front-page - B-ex - Special Interview with RINA MrEy11y

SCANDAL recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of their major label debut. Here is an interview with drummer RINA.

You celebrated the 10th anniversary of being a major label band, and have launched your private record label "her." What was your reason for starting a private label?

RINA: Celebrating the 10th anniversary last year of our major label debut was a big reason, and the four of us began to often talk about our future, like what kind of music should we make from here on.

At that time we were making songs just because we could, but we couldn't make any breakthrough songs. It felt like they weren't completely there yet. We thought that maybe a big change was needed: One that would greatly change where we make music. As we talked about that, we ended up naturally talking about setting up our own label, and we decided to do it.

Please tell us why you named it "her."

RINA: We first decided that we wanted to give it a name you can catch at first glance as being a label established and run by an all-girl band.

So, we wanted to give it a name with a word that would be reminiscent of women, and while we were thinking about it, we made the label name "her" in lowercase, as this was the most fitting.

On 2019/3/27, you released 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 on "her." What kind of thoughts did you put into these songs?

RINA: First, since we hadn't released a double A-side single before, we wanted to try doing a release in a new way and made it a double A-side single.

Because it was our first single release on CD in two years and eight months, we wanted its delivery method to have a certain sense of volume and decided to put two completely opposite songs—the intense, cool 「Masterpiece」 and the gentle, girly 「Mabataki」—into one piece and release it that way.

「Masterpiece」 is a song we made while being aware of writing it as a kicking-off song that we could only write now. Because it's also a spring release, it's a song we created and put in our feelings of making a song to support those who are able to start new lives, and believe that, even after you grow up, you can try something fresh.

「Mabataki」 is the first song we wrote after we established "her." In order for us to be a band, we want to be a rock band while making sure to enjoy being women, and sing the praises of being women. So, since we wanted to put out a girly song to pair with 「Masterpiece」, it's one message that says, "Look at this stance of ours" that we wanted to convey.

front-page - B-ex - Special Interview with RINA OVFLq2F

In B-ex's vol.15 interview in 2015, we asked you, "What kind of band do you want to be in 10 years?" You answered, "I want the four of us to stay like this. Also, we want to be an all-girl band who makes sure to change with the times and stays cool." Do you feel the same four years later? Or, has your mind changed?

RINA: Fundamentally, what we want to do the most is to boldly continue making music as an all-girl band with our four members. Also, by establishing "her," we can also produce music in our own way. So, what we've been talking about recently is very important for our lives, and important to enrich our personal lives as women while converting into music and outputting it. Because we're leading it, the more we get better, the more our music and fans' activities will also improve. If it doesn't work out, then we'll stop there.

It's important for each of us to live as charming women, and I feel more strongly about that than I did four years ago.

Are there aspects that have matured as you reached your 10th anniversary?

RINA: It feels like we're adults who are now able to act towards what they want to do. I couldn't have imagined a few years ago that we'd be moving like we currently are.

I used to vaguely think of how great it'd be if we could keep doing this for as long as we could, but that really wasn't good enough for me. I want us to continue making great music while getting even better, and I feel like I've gotten greedy in order for us to become a great band.

Please tell us who you consider to be your picture of perfection.

RINA: If I had to give only one person's name, it'd probably be YUKI.

She plays cool music all the while being very feminine, cute, and glamorous. Her world view is solid. I've always respected those aspects of her.

There aren't too many artists who can play dome performances solo or with a band because they've experienced all sorts of things, changed their form, and have continued to play music.

I've always admired her style of being feminine and shining on stage, and I think she's also very enchanting as a woman.

Please give a message to our readers.

RINA: We're kicking off to a new start this spring, and we'd like to have all kinds of people to listen to the songs we'll make by facing new music and moving forward.

We're a band you can enjoy regardless of when you started listening to us, so we'd be happy if we can have people from all sorts of places like us. Please take a breather and come out to a live show of ours. We're looking forward to seeing you at a live venue.

front-page - B-ex - Special Interview with RINA 3ZvXzOW

front-page - B-ex - Special Interview with RINA 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: B-ex - Special Interview with RINA
Posted Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've seen Rina in the shirt a few times before (i think), does anyone know where she got it? Has she ever mentioned it?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 02, 2019 7:18 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:I've seen Rina in the shirt a few times before (i think), does anyone know where she got it? Has she ever mentioned it?

She wore it when the members went to four different cities separately on April 26th to promote the new single (this interview was done on that same day).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvg3OZbFiEh/

She tagged it on Instagram as being from the brand Berry Mimi/Raspberrypie.

http://www.rasp-berrypie.com/shopdetail/000000001528/

front-page - B-ex - Special Interview with RINA 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@TGE 
oh thanks for that!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: