You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Loved, loved, LOVED it. Great way to cap off a long week -Friends, beers and Scandal.

Oh, and I called out "Heaven na Kibun" just before they started playing it. It was just wishful thinking but it looks like sometimes wishes do come true. Ha ha.

Thanks for those who captured it. I also tried but had problems and decided just to enjoy it.

Gimme more!

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 2foml0
Back to top Go down

AvonGeek

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi, long time lurker and first time poster here. Thoroughly enjoyed the live, it was pretty surreal because I'm in a country that Scandal would likely never tour and this was probably the closest I'd get to a live concert!

I'm glad they included Mabataki in the setlist. Such an awesome song but one thing I can't figure out is, how did Rina change the sound of her drums?! I always thought she used her electronic drum set for this song but I watched the video a few times and can't make it out. It looked like she was still playing on her normal drum kit.

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

AvonGeek wrote:Hi, long time lurker and first time poster here. Thoroughly enjoyed the live, it was pretty surreal because I'm in a country that Scandal would likely never tour and this was probably the closest I'd get to a live concert!

I'm glad they included Mabataki in the setlist. Such an awesome song but one thing I can't figure out is, how did Rina change the sound of her drums?! I always thought she used her electronic drum set for this song but I watched the video a few times and can't make it out. It looked like she was still playing on her normal drum kit.
If you see pictures of her drum kit youll see an electronic pad left of her snare. She's hitting that for the 'electronic' sounds.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Just to illustrate what @bleachnlife is describing:

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 Vlcsnap-2019-08-10-19h09m56s103

RINA's right hand is playing her hi-hat, and her left is playing the pad.

You may see her current drum set-up here: 

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 RINA-2019-setup

The left-most (smaller) snare is a Roland V-drum snare with a mesh pad.

(Photo from the Sep 2019 ish of GiGS.)

Grin

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mabataki and Heaven were better than the studio version, it was a very good live overall, made my day ^^

Back to top Go down

AvonGeek

Caless Student
Caless Student
Aha, thanks for clarifying the drum question!  SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 1f600 I didn't think to check out the photos of her kit...

Back to top Go down
The Sherwood Shinobi

The Sherwood Shinobi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Very interesting set at Red Bull Music Studio. I particularly liked the arrangements of "Morning Sun" & "Heaven na Kibun". I think it was HARUNA who, when writing a commentary on the "YELLOW" album, said that these two songs represented SCANDAL's "dark side". They are both definitely my favourite tracks from that album which I think overall was/is their best album since "BEST * SCANDAL"! To me SCANDAL is all about seeing them playing their instruments - live on stage preferably, but on DVD / Blu-ray or even You-Tube if, like me, you don't live in Japan. Although they did play "Morning Sun" on the "Perfect World" DVD that was pretty much the standard CD version & I had seen a You-Tube clip of them playing "Heaven na Kibun" at a Hallowe'en gig somewhere or other but the sound system & the quality of recording hardly did it justice. But to see this video of the band play these two numbers was a special treat & the drawn-out intros & changes to orchestration & lyrics to both numbers provided extra tension & drama to their "dark side". Perhaps the mixing (if there was any) put RINA's drums a little too foregrounded & MAMI's guitar a little too backgrounded for my liking but you can't have everything. Let's hope the magnificent song-writing duo of RINA & MAMI will pen some more moving numbers like these in the not-too-distant future.

If only the camera crew knew how to hold a camera both steady & in focus for more than a second or two this performance could have made an excellent general release as a DVD / Blu-ray. But now that they have lost the financial & organizational backing of Sony/EMI perhaps this is regrettably a thing of the past & we'll see no more SCANDAL videos hitting the market.

Incidentally my wife & I will be going to Japan in the first two weeks of October to catch some Rugby World Cup matches. Anyone know of any potential SCANDAL gigs we could get into?

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The Sherwood Shinobi wrote:Very interesting set at Red Bull Music Studio. I particularly liked the arrangements of "Morning Sun" & "Heaven na Kibun". 

If only the camera crew knew how to hold a camera both steady & in focus for more than a second or two this performance could have made an excellent general release as a DVD / Blu-ray. But now that they have lost the financial & organizational backing of Sony/EMI perhaps this is regrettably a thing of the past & we'll see no more SCANDAL videos hitting the market.
Just watched this performance for the third time, and each time I watched I ended up liking a different part of the performance most. But the last time, it was the instrumental before "Morning sun", same as you  
.uhuh.

Scandal released two concert DVDs in 2016, but none since then  SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 1f62d  Do hope it's because they are waiting to accumulate more new songs before their next recording (since their album release pace also slowed down after that), and not because they don't have the resources to release. Or it could simply be that DVD sales are just no longer what they used to be since everyone's just streaming now, perhaps we might just see their concert on Netflix? 
LOVE

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Heaven na Kibun was great. Quite often I listen this version

SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Meph1766 wrote:Heaven na Kibun was great. Quite often I listen this version

I agree! This version is soooooo good. I love it! the girls did an excellent job  .clap.

Back to top Go down
The Sherwood Shinobi

The Sherwood Shinobi

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Steady State. After reading your post I dug out the memory stick I'd recorded this on & played those two tracks again. Brilliant. The intro on "Morning Sun" reminded me a bit of the jamming session they did at the O2 Islington in 2016. The intensity of HARUNA's vocals in "Heaven na Kibun" had shivers running up & down my spine. Still think that MAMI's guitar work could have featured more prominently. I think she really enjoys playing the heavier stuff.

I hope you prove not to be correct in your prediction of them moving to releasing material in future just by streaming or whatever it's called. As you can see, though I don't post much, I joined SH in 2011 so I've been following them for quite some time. Back then the girls were always pleading with us to buy the physical copy (CDs, DVDs) 'cos they got a better return that way. And being of an older generation than your average SCANDAL fan I was brought up with physical media (vinyl) & dislike the whole degrading move towards digital, netflixing, streaming & all the rest of it.

Well, I have our two M&G tickets &, although I am far from optimistic (as Coronavirus is still likely to be rampant in the UK), I hope they will make their Sept 6th date at O2 Islington & we get to see them play live again & (with luck) play "Heaven na Kibun" for us.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The Sherwood Shinobi wrote:I hope you prove not to be correct in your prediction of them moving to releasing material in future just by streaming or whatever it's called. As you can see, though I don't post much, I joined SH in 2011 so I've been following them for quite some time. Back then the girls were always pleading with us to buy the physical copy (CDs, DVDs) 'cos they got a better return that way. And being of an older generation than your average SCANDAL fan I was brought up with physical media (vinyl) & dislike the whole degrading move towards digital, netflixing, streaming & all the rest of it.
Wow thanks for sharing your thoughts so candidly, really appreciate that! I'm sorry if my previous post bummed you out, didn't mean for it to do so.  SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 1f605 

Totally understand about them getting better returns from physical products. Even though there's not been a DVD or CD player in my home for years, I still buy their CDs/DVDs (and sometimes photobooks) as a form of support, though end up listening/watching their stuff on Spotify/YouTube SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 1f605 Imho the band themselves have also figured that CD/DVD sales are no longer what they used to be (Haruna said so herself in an interview), so they've pivoted to focusing much more on their merch/Feedback apparel and touring, which have the next best returns. Although streaming probably pays peanuts upfront, I do believe there is an upside in terms of outreach to new listeners, especially when their YouTube channel MVs are geoblocked in so many countries.

Apart from Morning Sun, my two other favourite parts are Mabataki and Image. The former is because I wasn't much of a fan of the song (sorry Rina!), but hearing it live and seeing them do the harmonies gave it a whole new vibe. And the latter because they started breaking out in big smiles and looking so happy  SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo) - Page 2 1f606

Back to top Go down
The Sherwood Shinobi

The Sherwood Shinobi

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Steadystate. Please don't worry yourself about bumming me out, I'm just a boring old pedant bemoaning the loss of the old ways.

I could continue to elaborate this theme (loss of income for SCANDAL) however I'm pretty sure that I would be chastised by TGE for going "off topic". Many thanks for sharing your views & it's refreshing to hear from articulate new fans.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.