thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 O74spPn

SCANDAL's new song "Fuzzy" is now out as a digital single! It can be found worldwide on streaming and download sites such as Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music.

Recent news updates related to the song:

•This video teaser can currently been seen as the background for all of SCANDAL's songs on their Spotify + the band posted about it on IG as well:
front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 HdHeG9F

•Their first YouTube Live, titled 「SCANDAL – Fuzzy (Live at Red Bull Music Studios Tokyo)」, will be aired starting from 8 pm JST this Friday, August 9th.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 0VCnvIH

•The lyrics to "Fuzzy" were released last week.

•"Fuzzy" was aired on the radio for the first time on August 6th on FM802's 「ROCK KIDS 802 -OCHIKEN Goes ON!!-」 program.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」
Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:34 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I can't wait to hear the new song!

I don't think Fuzzy will be released as a physical single (that's weird to release the lyrics and then the MV but no information about anything else) , I think they will announce the release date of a full album soon...

Back to top Go down

"Fuzzy" Radio Rip
Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:54 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:36 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have to resist the temptation and wait for the MV... I can do ittttttttt  .toj.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:37 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like the new song, it sounds a little bit like Polkadot Stingray's songs but with the Honey sounds. Mami is awesome, her guitar cut perfectly through the mix. Haruna's voice is so great at the end. Tomomi & Rina always perfect.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:14 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

"Fuzzy" is being released as a digital single! It's currently up for purchase on iTunes Japan and streaming on Spotify Japan + Apple Music.

The single will be available internationally from midnight in each country.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 O74spPn

Also, the MV for "Fuzzy" is now live:

#front-page #fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:42 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The song is pretty good. I was surprised by Haruna voice at the last chorus. I hoped to see Tomomi more on the video

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:43 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not a huge fan of story focused music videos, but the song was very good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow, for a song called Fuzzy, you would expected to be a little more upbeat and happy. 

But I really like this song, Rock on from the very beginning with the screeching guitars, to Haru's scream and the guitar feedback at the end. The instrumentation is really cool, the bass and guitars stand out here to me. And like with the last single, it gives me Honey vibes, it kinda reminds me of Platform Syndrome with some emo-ness from OVER. I think Scandal is establishing their signature sound now after the departure from SONY

The music video is cool, it started off with a 90's vibe, with the colors, clothes, and the props, but then the smartphone came up and the vibe was over lol. It is a bit more of a dark and emo style, especially that ending, and with the girls wearing black, punk goth like clothing. Which I realized they shot this when they did the 2nd promotional shoot a while back.

This is technically a summer single right? they hadn't had one since 2016, and this kinda gives me summer love vibes. I can't wait to get my hands on the single tomorrow! They must be planning something big if they gave this song out as quick as they did, maybe a new album .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:44 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I really like the song, it has the catchy sound that always makes Scandal stand out.
Mami's guitar and Haruna's vocal jump right off the screen.
Scandal's music and arrangement are, once again, astounding.

Spoiler:

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

2many2no wrote:
Spoiler:

I guess the ending can be interpreted as... well... "fuzzy". We don't know if she reemerged or not, if she will be able to move on, which I think is what the song is about.

Back to top Go down

【English Subs】"Fuzzy" Music Video
Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

"Fuzzy" MV with English subs:

#front-page #fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Interesting song, I like the melody, I think the song match perfectly with Masterpiece on an album. I have the feeling Mabataki will be not included.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:03 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Not really grabbing me at the moment, either the song or the video. There's nothing specific I think is wrong with it; it just seems a bit generic.

Well, I've said it before but not *every* song is going to be my favorite, and that's ok. I did really like both Masterpiece and Mabataki and look forward to the album, assuming that's what this is leading up to (hope so).

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 pm

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:Not really grabbing me at the moment, either the song or the video. There's nothing specific I think is wrong with it; it just seems a bit generic.

Honestly agree. Which is why now I actually prefer when they deviate from their usual sound like with Mabataki or Mado wo Aketara on Honey.

Will probably need to listen to it a bit more before I start really liking this song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
spacecadet wrote:Not really grabbing me at the moment, either the song or the video. There's nothing specific I think is wrong with it; it just seems a bit generic.

Well, I've said it before but not *every* song is going to be my favorite, and that's ok. I did really like both Masterpiece and Mabataki and look forward to the album, assuming that's what this is leading up to (hope so).

I think they got to a well defined style in Honey and this fits right into that. And I really like what they've been doing (Honey is my favorite album now) but in comparison, Fuzzy is not as good as the stuff there. A few years ago I think it would have sounded amazing but now it's just "ok".

... I hope this makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Not doing it for me. Need to move on from the Platform/Over/Masterpiece mindset.

Track 9 on their next album maybe, but not a single. 

Still love the band.

Loooove

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:14 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Digital single OK... but only one song, no b-side, not even an instrumental version of Fuzzy... am I the only one to be a little disappointed not to have a little more?   front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 1f615

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:35 am

BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
The first time hearing, this song is an okay at best. But after second, third and so on i'm really hooked on this song  .happy.

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tuba wrote:I guess the ending can be interpreted as... well... "fuzzy". We don't know if she reemerged or not, if she will be able to move on, which I think is what the song is about.

I agree, but the scene at the end of the video doesn't seem to match up with the feeling I get from the song.
And I guess I'm just used to believing in the romantic hope I get from many Scandal songs.

It would be a better match for me if, after the label credit, she reemerged from the water and "shook it off."
(Uhh, sorry, no intention of any relation to any pop song. This is, after all, real rock'n'roll!)
Nice one

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well you can't please everyone lol Scandal finally sticking to a certain rock sound begged by fans for years and now no one cares about it. Well if this is the kind of sound Scandal is going through right now then so be it, :whip: but we all know they will do a few songs where they catch us all guard. But as much as I like the song,  I do agree that Fuzzy isn't a stand out song and it's just Scandal playing it safe.  
Their album tracks always seem to sound better than their singles, so I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

@izzy
Honestly I think it's a good idea to just release as a one off digital single, they way they poured out alot of stuff about the song, shows us that they were not gonna treat this like a normal single, like with Koisuru Universe. If they were, we would have to wait for two months later to get the record.  But it's kinda obvious they're next release is gonna be an album, I have no doubt about that, but we don't really know for sure really.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:27 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, not too mad on it, I was hoping for a different sound this time, but a lot of their songs grow on me.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I liked the song on first listen (and the second and third)  It's not as strong as "Masterpiece," but for me it's so much better than "Mabataki," which I didn't care for.

@izzy
I agree with you this reminded me a little of Polkadot Stingray.  That was my first impression upon hearing the opening instrumentation.  The ending of the video reminds me a bit of Polkadot's video for "Rhythmy."

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:44 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I know SCANDAL are grown up now and it is a tough world out there but I did not like the end of the video, too much sadness in the world already Sad

front-page - Digital Single - 「Fuzzy」 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Gautigoth

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Another masterpiece from SCANDAL. I suppose it was written by MAMI/RINA who where described as a modern days Lennon/McCartney in Japanese Rolling Stone (or did I dream this)?

Anyway, MAMI seem to be underrated as a guitarist even among her own fans. She is often compared to guitarists that play a number of notes per second. But MAMI, like no other, puts emotions into her playing. That is why she is such a great musician.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.