Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」
Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:20 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really like the music but I think the song could have been better without autotune.  Onion Tea

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Not a fan of the auto-tune... will probably sound better live.

It's ok I guess, my least favorite song from the "her era", maybe it will grow on me with time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:34 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love the video! All the girls look pretty good. Tomo at 2:38 looks hilarious  .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
After watching and listening to the song a few times, I think it's pretty good. The instrumentals are killer and it's very upbeat and party like. Though it could do without the auto tune, but the music it self had an electro-rock feel so I guess I could get use to it, like with Electric Girl.

The MV itself was great, very fun and playful.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:12 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I always have to listen to their songs several times before I judge them but I already like it more than fuzzy.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I have no problem with the autotune, in fact I like the contrast with the big guitars, they didn't go the obvious "pop" route with this one. Chorus is super catchy!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

After listening to it for a couple more times, that chorus really sticks in your head

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The song is okay, I guess. I like the instruments, yeah but I am not a fan of the autotune. Well, I think the best song of the her era is still Masterpiece. I have expected more from this song, I think something is missing. I am not fan of the chorus like in Fuzzy again. I think the chorus is too simple. Well, I am looking forward to an album.

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:13 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

"Saishuuheiki, Kimi" with English subs:

https://www.facebook.com/scandal.heaven/posts/3152537458154377

Also, the song will be available overseas on streaming sites, etc. from midnight local time!

#front-page #saishuuheikikimi

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

I'll be redundant: I like the tune and melody, but hate the use of autotune.  A lot of modern American radio artists use this (often to mask the fact they can't sing) and I have never been a fan of the sound of it.  Fortunately we know Haruna can sing very well.  Looking forward to hearing this one live and raw.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:32 pm

ghoshector

ghoshector

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well it is different from what you usually can get from scandal, with auto-tune and stuff. And I also think this is my first time seeing haru without guitar, I don't know tho. But that is one of the reason why I love scandal so much. They don't afraid to make something different for their song. Nonetheless I like the song and the mv, looking forward to see it live

.happy. .happy. .happy.   love this emoji
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:35 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

I like how heavy the guitar sounds in this song. I'm fine with the autotune. It sort of adds an electric feel to the song. It's a good contrast to the guitars I think. It's also unique seeing Haru without a guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Stayed up to check it out and replayed it once. Hit the sack with the song stuck in my head - so I must've liked it!

Would've loved a version without auto-tune but what can ya do?

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I LOVE when the ladies let the guitars get loud and crunchy! I like this much more than Fuzzy which sounded too close to Masterpiece, which I thought was great. Melodic head-banger with a great chorus! Can't stop the rrrock!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:06 am

Lombres

Lombres

Caless Student
Caless Student
Looks like the "poppy" era of Scandal is over. All the songs after "her" was founded sound really different from Honey. Did they just leave Sony because they didn't let them make songs like this?
As others have said, I like the intruments but not the autotune and I think it will be much better when performed live.
Anyway, it's availabe on Spotify in Europe now (with the title still in kanji)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lombres wrote:Looks like the "poppy" era of Scandal is over. All the songs after "her" was founded sound really different from Honey. Did they just leave Sony because they didn't let them make songs like this?

I disagree, I think it started with Honey. Most songs in Honey were already like this. 
I think it's nice, feels like they've found their style and IMO they're at their best now. 

Don't know if leaving Sony has to do with it but they sure look like they're having more freedom, not just with composing but releasing songs at their own pace with no albums attached.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:20 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -

I think it's good. I actually really like the video. The thing I was most worried about was seeing Haruna without a guitar Happy  That's just weird. But she's obviously playing on the recorded version of the song, so I'm sure it's just a visual thing for the video so she can dance around. It reminds me of when they played Koi no Gestalt Houka on the Standard tour. (Or Koshi Tan-Tan live before that.)

The auto-tune... I'm kinda just "meh" about it. Anyone who's seen me post here over the years knows I have howled endlessly about auto-tune in certain Scandal recordings, but when it's used in this way I don't feel like they're trying to hide flaws or "correct" anything, it's just a style. It's maybe kind of an overused style at this point, but it's not new for Scandal. Electric Girl did something very similar just on the last album and that song reminds me quite a bit of this.

Anyway I think it's a good song and video, and they do seem to be getting heavier if anything, which I'm not opposed to Happy They are all about 30 now and they seem to be just doing whatever they want rather than trying to be a radio-friendly cute pop/rock group. It's kind of a double edged sword because I loved how they were in the beginning too, and sometimes I really miss that. But honestly, if they were going to change - and people do, as do bands - this is what I would have hoped they'd change into.

Edit: Also, weren't there supposed to be overseas purchase links? It doesn't seem to be available on the US iTunes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:03 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
spacecadet wrote:Also, weren't there supposed to be overseas purchase links? It doesn't seem to be available on the US iTunes.

I can't check iTunes right now, but it is currently up on Apple Music at least:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/最終兵器-君-single/1485622077

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:35 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In regards to autotune, I don't like it when it is used to help a singer achieve the correct pitch (britney Spears) or if it is just overused and starts sounding like a parody of itself in a song. Even T-Pain, who made autotune his style has backed off using it. I don't think it is overdone in the new song and is used more to give the vocals a different flavor, because we know Haruna can sing. Flashback No. 5 has more of the characteristic autotune sound in it than Saishuuheiki, Kimi. It isn't my first go-to for voice effects, but it can have merit; Kanye used it in Heartless and that is a damn good song, as is the new Scandal single. Just my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well I loved when Cher used autotune for her 1998 single "Believe", up to then as Qberto says it was used to correct a singers pitch, Cher was the first to use it as a sound effect but then of course so did everyone.

A lot of Japanese idols are using it now so maybe it has just got popular in Japan, but like people have said we know Haruna can sing so there is no need to get upset about it Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:Well I loved when Cher used autotune for her 1998 single "Believe", up to then as Qberto says it was used to correct a singers pitch, Cher was the first to use it as a sound effect but then of course so did everyone.

A lot of Japanese idols are using it now so maybe it has just got popular in Japan, but like people have said we know Haruna can sing so there is no need to get upset about it Happy

The problem is not about Haruna's vocal abilities, we all know she can sing very well but in that particular song autotune is overused even if it is obviously for a style effect. 
In my opinion I think the song could have been more "catchy" without as much of this vocaloid sound.

The music is really great, I like the way Mami mixed her guitar with the synth sound. The song is heavily processed... so I'm a little bit worried about the live version.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:58 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@izzy

Hopefully she wont use autotune when they perform it live, but it is their choice really as it is their song Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:@izzy

Hopefully she wont use autotune when they perform it live, but it is their choice really as it is their song Happy

You are right and I will respect perfectly their artistic choice, they are great artists  .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Like spacecadet said, HARU has performed without guitar before. Other times include Queens are trumps and Kill the virgin. I can't remember her hip-hop like this before though, it's probably gonna make a great live.
I loved this song right away. It feels Afro-Caribbean and it seems to me autotune helps achieve that sound/rhythm effect. So I think they probably will try that on stage as well.

Last edited by etwee on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meaning)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:20 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Don't forget early performances of S.L. Magic!

Spoiler:

front-page - Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 2 2foml0
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum