thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 TPLnwFz

SCANDAL will be releasing their new album 「Kiss from the darkness」 on February 12, 2020!

『Kiss from the darkness』 will be the first album release via private label "her"!

11 tracks in total will be on the album, including the singles that have been released on "her": 「Masterpiece」, 「Mabataki」, 「Fuzzy」, 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」.

Regular Edition: CD (3,000 yen)
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 SCANDAL-Kiss-From-The-Darkness-JK-tsujo-1

Limited Edition A: CD+DVD (4,000 yen)
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Y3D75nS

Limited Edition B: CD+Magazine (3,800 yen)
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 IKUplZd

DVD+T-Shirt Edition: CD+DVD+GOODS ※Luxurious BOX (8,500 yen)
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 8N4o5e5

Vinyl Edition: Vinyl (4,200 yen)

Tracklisting:
01. Tonight
[Lyrics & Music: MAMI / Arrangement: SASUKE]

02. Masterpiece (マスターピース)
[Lyrics: RINA / Music: MAMI / Arrangement: Keita Kawaguchi]

03. Fuzzy
[Lyrics: RINA / Music & Arrangement: MAMI]

04. Saishuuheiki, Kimi (最終兵器、君; You, the Final Weapon)

05. Laundry Laundry (ランドリーランドリー)
[Lyrics & Music: TOMOMI / Arrangement: Yusuke Takeda (RADWIMPS)]

06. NEON TOWN ESCAPE
[Lyrics & Music: HARUNA / Arrangement: CHIAKI SATO]

07. Ceramic Blue (セラミックブルー)
[Lyrics, Music, & Arrangement: MAMI]

08. Kinenbi (記念日; Anniversary)

09. Mabataki (まばたき; Blink)
[Lyrics & Music: RINA / Arrangement: MAMI]

10. A.M.D.K.J. (Amidakuji; Ghost Leg)

11. Tsuki (月; Moon)
[Lyrics: RINA / Music: MAMI / Arrangement: Yusuke Tatsuzaki (Q.,Ltd)]

12. YOU GO GIRL!
※CD-only bonus track - will be on Regular Edition, DVD Edition, Magazine Edition, T-Shirt+DVD Edition

Limited Edition A
DVD: "her" Diary 2018 – 2019

Limited Edition B
Magazine: ”her” Magazine Vol.2

DVD+T-Shirt Edition
DVD: MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS ("Masterpiece," "Mabataki," "Fuzzy," "Saishuuheiki, Kimi," "A.M.D.K.J.", "Tonight")
+T-shirt with a print of the CD cover (size L) in a luxurious box

First-press bonuses:

■ HMV: 「Original tumbler」 set
■ Amazon.co.jp: Triangular prism calendar
■ TOWER RECORDS: A4 clear file (MAMI)
■ HMV: A4 clear file (HARUNA)
■ TSUTAYA: A4 clear file (TOMOMI)
Participating stores: A4 clear file (RINA)
■ Rakuten Books: Carabiner
■ 7-Net Shopping: Rubber coaster

*Those who preorder the album before January 8th from these participating stores will receive a A4 clear file (a picture of SCANDAL will be on it)

#front-page #kissfromthedarkness

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」
Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:04 am

ghoshector

ghoshector

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wuooohh about time they create another album. Can't wqit

.happy. .happy. .happy.   love this emoji
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Excellent news !

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:24 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Four editions in total: Regular, DVD (DVD = documentary film), Magazine, DVD+T-Shirt (DVD = music video collection)

Pre-order from CD Japan:

Regular Edition:

DVD Edition:
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Y3D75nS

Magazine Edition:
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 IKUplZd

DVD+T-Shirt Edition:
9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 8N4o5e5

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:42 am

Lombres

Lombres

Caless Student
Caless Student
Which VPN do you use? I couldn't watch more than 3 seconds of the live stream...

There will probably be a JPU version with translations as well. I saw they announced a world tour too, but still without the dates and places of overseas concerts

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:10 pm

BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
Can't wait for this album! What kind of sound will they bring to the album? I hope the sound will rock.

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
whoo! was hoping for a new album! .happy.

The title and the cover art are very interesting, totally different from their past stuff, even their singles this year were a different look than usual. I'm interested to hear what kind of theme or sound they're going for for this album.

I'm also interested to see what the documentary will be about, and what the other 2 music videos will be, these editions and goods sound really cool.

Weird question, but does HMV ship overseas?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:21 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It’s been some time since honey so this is great news.

I’ll go for the t-shirt edition, can’t wait to next year.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:33 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Really cool jacket artwork this time.

I think this might be the first time I don't get all the editions. This release has kind of a steep price. But if I interpret the description correctly, the boxed edition comes with all the other goodies?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
4 editions? It's gonna burn a hole in your wallet 
The CD + DVD/Music Video + T-shirt edition reminds me of Coldrain's "THE SIDE EFFECTS" T-shirt edition in a pizza box package.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:36 pm

The Sherwood Shinobi

The Sherwood Shinobi

Caless Student
Caless Student
As the "de luxe" edition only has the music video & T-shirt it looks like you'll have to get Type A for the documentary film & Type B for the copy of "her" magazine. That's a total of 16,300 yen or 116.64 pounds sterling according to Forex. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:05 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:Weird question, but does HMV ship overseas?

They do, but shipping's a little steep at at least $20+ for one item, no matter what it is.

joon wrote:But if I interpret the description correctly, the boxed edition comes with all the other goodies?

Not quite. It's its own edition that has its own unique perks.

It contains a DVD (which is a music video collection) and a t-shirt. It does NOT contain the magazine that comes in the Magazine Edition, and it has a different DVD from the DVD Edition (which is a documentary film).

The Sherwood Shinobi wrote:As the "de luxe" edition only has the music video & T-shirt it looks like you'll have to get Type A for the documentary film & Type B for the copy of "her" magazine. That's a total of 16,300 yen or 116.64 pounds sterling according to Forex. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct. And if you want to get all four editions (Regular, DVD, Magazine, and DVD+T-Shirt), that would be 19,300 yen.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:52 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Good lord. It's been a long time since I've bought multiple versions of their recordings but they're practically forcing my hand here. Well, I feel like I've been saving up for over the past 18 months or so since they haven't been releasing as much physical stuff as they used to, so it should be ok. Definitely getting at least the DVD version + magazine version. Debating whether or not to get the T-shirt version too (I really want the videos on disc, but I just wish it was a Blu-Ray like their other official music video releases).

I have to say I smiled when I heard the name of the album and saw the cover. It is just so, so different from any of their other albums. "Kiss from the darkness" is such an awesome title, and I even like that it seems to be written that way, in sentence case.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
SCANDAL will be releasing their first album from their private label next February. They will also be holding a world tour starting in March

SCANDAL will be releasing 『Kiss from the darkness』, their first album release from their private label 「her」, on February 12th (Wed).

This will be SCANDAL's overall 9th album, and their first album release in two years since their previous album 『HONEY』. A total of 11 songs will be on it, including the singles released via 「her」: "Masterpiece," "Mabataki," "Fuzzy," "Saishuuheiki, Kimi."

There will be a total of four editions: Regular, DVD (Limited Edition A), Magazine (Limited Edition B), and DVD+T-Shirt (Deluxe Limited Edition). The DVD Edition contains a DVD with a documentary film that follows the members for one year following the establishment of their private label 「her」. The Magazine Edition includes Vol.2 of 『”her” Magazine』, the magazine that was also included in their February single 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』. The DVD+T-Shirt Edition includes a deluxe box that comes with a DVD containing a music video collection, and also includes a t-shirt with the album's cover printed on it. Additionally, they announced that there will be purchaser bonuses, such as an original clear file given to those who preorder the album, and those who purchase from select chain stores. Other details will be announced at a later date.

Vocalist HARUNA said, "I think that you can feel new challenges and experimental parts from songs one has already released, but there's still much more you haven't seen yet. We have confidence in this album; it's insane. Our creative energy is exploding." Drummer RINA, who wrote the lyrics for many of the songs, talked about the about the inner theme of the album: "I think that we were able to take all of our ups and downs, strengths and weaknesses and turn them all into seeds of music, and then turn those into songs. 'Whatever happens, it'll be okay. Somehow, it will be'—that's what's included in the title 『Kiss from the darkness』."

The album covers were also released at the same time. They were made by the collage artist Q-TA, who also handled the covers for their single 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』, and who active both abroad and overseas. Q-TA said this about the artwork: "I gave attention to their innocent aspects hidden among their intensity, and I expressed the current SCANDAL as who they are on the inside, not on the outside."

Additionally, they will be holding a world tour starting next March called 「SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness”」 in support of this new album. They will be holding a domestic hall tour consisting of 19 performances that starts from 3/7 (Sat) at Atsugi City Cultural Hall in Kanagawa and concludes on 5/5 (Tue) and 5/6 (Wed) with two performances at ORIX Theatre in Osaka. They will also be conducting performances overseas. Information on the overseas performances will be announced at a later date.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:39 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So many great editions and bonuses. I'm not sure which one to order. Plus, a world tour too! Lots of great announcements.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:50 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here's a summary of the info we know about the album so far:

Available in 4 editions: Regular, DVD, Magazine, DVD+T-Shirt

・A total of 11 songs will be on it, including the singles released via their private record label "her" ("Masterpiece," "Mabataki," "Fuzzy," "Saishuuheiki, Kimi").

DVD Edition: Includes a DVD with a documentary film that follows the members for one year following the establishment of "her."

Magazine Edition: Includes Vol.2 of 『”her” Magazine』, the magazine that was also included in their February single 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』.

DVD+T-Shirt Edition: Includes a deluxe box that comes with a DVD containing a music video collection ("Masterpiece," "Mabataki," "Fuzzy," "Saishuuheiki, Kimi," plus 2 more), and also includes a t-shirt with the album's cover printed on it. The CD included in this edition will have the Regular Edition cover.

・RINA explains the title:  "I think that we were able to take all of our ups and downs, strengths and weaknesses and turn them all into seeds of music, and then turn those into songs. 'Whatever happens, it'll be okay. Somehow, it will be'—that's what's included in the title 『Kiss from the darkness』."

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm probably looking forward to this album more than any of their previous albums, ever. Because I just don't really know what to expect, and that's kind of exciting. Both the title and Rina's explanation makes me think that they've gone through some tough times in the past little while, or maybe even for longer than that, and now they're finally expressing that. I cannot imagine an album from them with this title, this cover and then Rina's explanation for the music under Sony.

Of course I don't expect it's going to be some dark gothic album either, and we already know four of the songs, none of which are huge departures for them. But even one or two of those songs are a little darker sounding and heavier than they used to be. So I doubt it's going to be a total sea change, but I feel like they've now fully dropped the pretense of being a perpetually happy pop band. They are becoming artists. A lot of great art comes from pain, and they are embracing that as a part of their experience now.

The evolution of this band has just been really interesting to watch.

But ugh! I still can't decide which editions to buy and from where. I have a feeling I will end up ordering all three LE's from somewhere. $150 for a single album! But, well, my Pink Floyd Immersion sets weren't much less than that. And in addition to just wanting to collect all the stuff on all these editions, I really want to do what I can to keep them in business too. So I guess it's mainly just down to where I want to buy from, depending on the bonuses.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:17 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Magazine Edition: Includes Vol.2 of 『”her” Magazine』, the magazine that was also included in their February single 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』.

Just so others are clear, the her Magazine for M & M was vol. 1... if they're interested in randomly collecting that Wink

Yay, finally another album, it seems like ages. My Japanese music collection has grown ridiculously since the last one, but without Scandal it was feeling a bit empty somehow.
.clap.

I also went to order the HMV one (for Haruna clearfile, obviously). The tumbler looks like it can only be collected from an HMV/Loppi physical store, you can't get it shipped. 
.plank.

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Scanda10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【English Subs】SCANDAL decides which stores get which bonuses for new album "Kiss from the darkness"!

Originally from their IGTV

#front-page #kissfromthedarkness

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Pre-ordered all 4.

Life's too short.

Grin

Interested to see their definition of a 'world' tour this time - while I'm hoping for a European/SE Asian leg to be included, here's hoping they do one leg for cities in S America. Long overdue, that!

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:54 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I have the VIDEO ACTION 2 in BluRay but never watched it.
In 2019, I'll still consider if the new release are BluRay editions.
Maybe I'll order 暗黑の吻 Magazine edition via HMV. since they ships overseas.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:21 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm an idiot.

I added too many products into the cart on Amazon, and that's why I was stunned at how expensive it got 

.lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like the title of the album. It has the feeling of the 80's. The kind of music that was produced by the lady on Mami’s back on this photo. So Mami's post was not a coincidence:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3_nzMXJoHS/

9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'll buy the DVD edition from amazon.co.jp and the magazine edition from CDJapan. 
If JPU Records release an "overseas edition" I'll buy it too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I preordered the 3 LE's from HMV. Priced out doing separate orders for different bonuses from different retailers, but it didn't seem to make financial sense and it was expensive enough as it is. So I guess I'm getting 3 Haruna and 3 Scandal clear folders!

HMV has two product listings for each release, just so everyone's clear on that - it seems like the tumbler bonus does not come with the regular listings. The ones with the tumbler are actually more expensive. I googled what the tumbler probably will look like (HMV has done this before) and wasn't all that impressed anyway.

And for anyone who is thinking about ordering multiple versions and is trying to keep the cost down, HMV right now seems to be the clear winner. The total was about $10 less than Amazon and about $18 less than CD Japan for all three versions plus shipping.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.