MamiNoodles

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://dapperrunner.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

After listening to KTFD over and over, I became more disappointed. Sure, it's much better and less "sexualized" than Honey (because of its redundant pop-punk melodies) but it has the feel more of a compilation album than a studio album. It has no central theme and too many musical subgenres which makes it more confusing. However, I love Mabataki, AMDKJ, and Neon City Escape.

Anyway, please bear with my unpopular opinion. The Mami-Rina songwriting combo is becoming more underwhelming for the past two to three years. They’re focusing too much on experimenting with “new music” rather than writing songs with effective hooks which we sorely miss. I'm sorry but their songwriting style has constantly lost its direction. In my opinion, Haruna seems to be the best yet the most underutilized songwriter in the band.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Choice of words)

New Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 12 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

SHAKE IT, BABY! SHAKE IT!

Back to top Go down

Re: New Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」
Posted on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:01 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Is there any information about the release of KFTD band score?  New Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 12 1f3b6

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Caless Student
Caless Student
MamiNoodles wrote:It has no central theme and too many musical subgenres which makes it more confusing. 

guess this depends on perspective too. the band has said in multiple interviews that the album theme was to reflect who they are in their daily lives... which means the songs cover a variety of different emotional phases / life experiences they went through and tap on a variety of music genres to express them.

so while i do agree that sound-wise there appears to be no theme, i think the band's message to fans is the clearest it's been in years -- that they're humans just like us with ups and downs and different facets. not everything is shiny/happy like in Yellow, or manufactured j-pop like their earliest albums.

it is not easy balancing what they want vs what fans want, but i'm sure they know that at every phase of their career they will lose old fans and gain new fans, and they are fine with it. they seem much happier now than before their "her" label, so as a fan i'm happy for them too, even though i too do have preferences for what their music could sound like  New Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 12 1f600

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:10 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
I never really cared whether albums have specific themes but I like that they're writing and producing music that they themselves have more control and say in and reflects feelings more personal to them now. I relly enjoyed kftd

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:42 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
dchan419 wrote:I never really cared whether albums have specific themes 
same opinion here! I enjoy variety of sub-genres, makes the album more fun to listen. I listened some albums from other bands that sounds all the same, and it's like one 40-minute song. I prefer that each song has its own identity, kftd is very solid for that reason

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I honestly like albums to have a central theme, it makes them stands out from other albums, like Yellow, it's a very diverse album but it has a central theme, same with Honey and Qat.  KFTD, has a lot of good songs, but most of the songs sounds like something from other albums, but I feel like each song has it's own theme that compliments one another. 

Ironically though, my fav album is STANDARD and that doesn't have a central theme soo... stress

As for the Rina/Mami song writing thing, honestly if Mami and Rina wouldn't be writing, we'll be getting songs once every 1 year lol. Haruna just wrote her first song in like 5 years, and Tomomi, (while getting back in the game) is still not writing very much. It's just that Mami and Rina has more creative juices flowing and more influences, but I agree some songs can be a little lackluster.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2020 SCANDAL HEAVEN.