Go down

Re: 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」
Posted Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:47 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I will pre-order both the DVD and vinyl edition of KFTD right after the end of this billing cycle, which will be two weeks from now.

Unfortunately, I will be missing their concert in Manila next year due to downsizing and a trip to Europe.

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I woke up to a nice Christmas gift email from CD Japan: a vinyl release of the new album.  If that was previously noted here then I missed it, but I did the pre-order and I am very excited to get Scandal's new music on vinyl.  I'll also order the digital version for my iPhone and cloud library.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna wrote the song that former Kinoko Teikoku singer and good friend of Haruna Chiaki Satou produced. I think it's NEON TOWN ESCAPE.

The tracklist

1. Tonight
2. Masterpiece
3. Fuzzy
4. Saisyuheiki kimi
5. Laundry Laundry
6. NEON TOWN ESCAPE
7. Ceramic Blue
8. Kinenbi
9. Mabataki
10. A.M.D.K.J. (ending theme to anime GeGeGe no Kitaro)
11. Tsuki

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

New Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 Updates
Posted Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:01 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Here's a handful of updates for Kiss from the darkness!

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 WJPcti5

・Album tracklisting released
・Comments from artists who produced songs on the album
Vinyl version of the album will be released
・More details for the DVD & T-Shirt+DVD Editions released
・Pictures of the first-press bonuses

Tracklisting:

01. Tonight
[Lyrics & Music: MAMI / Arrangement: SASUKE]

02. Masterpiece (マスターピース)
[Lyrics: RINA / Music: MAMI / Arrangement: Keita Kawaguchi]

03. Fuzzy
[Lyrics: RINA / Music & Arrangement: MAMI]

04. Saishuuheiki, Kimi (最終兵器、君; You, the Final Weapon)

05. Laundry Laundry (ランドリーランドリー)
[Lyrics & Music: TOMOMI / Arrangement: Yusuke Takeda (RADWIMPS)]

06. NEON TOWN ESCAPE
[Lyrics & Music: HARUNA / Arrangement: CHIAKI SATO]

07. Ceramic Blue (セラミックブルー)
[Lyrics, Music, & Arrangement: MAMI]

08. Kinenbi (記念日; Anniversary)

09. Mabataki (まばたき; Blink)
[Lyrics & Music: RINA / Arrangement: MAMI]

10. A.M.D.K.J. (Amidakuji; Ghost Leg)

11. Tsuki (月; Moon)
[Lyrics: RINA / Music: MAMI / Arrangement: Yusuke Tatsuzaki (Q.,Ltd)]

※Plus, a CD-only bonus track (only available on the Regular, DVD, Magazine, and T-Shirt+DVD Editions of the physical CD)

Three artists produced one song apiece ("Tonight," "Laundry Laundry," and "NEON TOWN ESCAPE") on the album:

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 Wwdjrk4

M1. Tonight
SASUKE's comments>

It was already a great song when I got to listen to the demo, so I honestly thought that we could just put it out as-is (laughs), but I did try arranging and changing its original impression. From the lyrics and the atmosphere of the song, I freely created what this song wants to convey and its image so as not to break it. I was glad that I was able to attend the recording and have fun the entire time with the members through trial and error. I'd love for many people to listen to it!

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 OaDlEYu

M5. Laundry Laundry
Yusuke Takeda (RADWIMPS)'s comments>

I was able to shape the song while being excited the entire time, leaving the sound that I envisioned when I first heard the demo of this song. I'd be happy if I could help to convey the appeal of this song to the listener. I am very honored to be involved in the production of such a wonderful song. Thank you so much to TOMOMI, who first reached out to me; the members of SCANDAL; and their staff.
Congratulations on completing the album!

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 E8UWF5Y

M6. NEON TOWN ESCAPE
Chiaki Sato's comments>

I got to produce the song「NEON TOWN ESCAPE」, which HARUNA composed. Since I usually hang out with HARUNA during our downtimes, it felt very fresh and exciting getting to work together. The band's basic performance was almost completed from the start, so I arranged it with the image of adding new colors with synths and wind instruments. I had the drums leap out a bit to go along with the singing and bass groove. As a result, I think this sound spotlights the new side of SCANDAL. I can't wait to see what it'll be like live!

A vinyl version of Kiss from the darkness will be released! The cover is the same as the Regular Edition. Please note that it will be released on March 4th, which is three weeks after the album officially comes out.

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 MpVijwU

Pre-order from CD Japan

The DVD Edition of the album will contain a DVD with this:

"her" Diary 2018 – 2019

The T-Shirt+DVD Edition of the album will contain a DVD with this:

MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS ("Masterpiece," "Mabataki," "Fuzzy," "Saishuuheiki, Kimi," "A.M.D.K.J.", "Tonight")

Here's what some of the first-press bonuses will look like (clear files, 3D prism calendar from Amazon.jp, carabiner from Rakuten Books, rubber coaster from 7-Net Shopping):

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 R7uDn5a

*The first file with the entire band is the file you will receive if you pre-order the album via most stores (CD Japan, Amazon, etc.) by January 8th.

front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow, after 5 years Haruna has finally wrote another song Best night ever , good for her, can't wait to hear it. Neon Town Escape sounds very interesting

All the new songs sounds very interesting, wonder what Ceramic Blue and Laundry Laundy would sound like.

I definitely want that magazine Eng Version, hopefully it ships to U.S.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 am

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That was much. I am happy to see the tracklist (Finally). Two songs where Mami wrote the lyrics interesting. Mami is responsible for lyrics, music and arrangement of the song "Ceramic Blue", I hope she is the lead vocalist as well.

I think the names of the album tracks sound a bit weird but nevertheless I am looking forward to their new songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:09 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Vinyl release may be the excuse I’ve needed to buy a record player. I’ve always wanted one! Thanks for all the great work on this thread.

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Even though my turntable died last year, I will order the vinyl copy as well.
Btw, anyone here order all 5 editions?

Back to top Go down

New song "Tonight" featured in a commercial
Posted Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:10 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The new song "Tonight" that will be on the upcoming album is featured in a commercial for the "PASS'E BAZAR" sale at Kintetsu Pass'e, a mall in Nagoya!

#front-page #kissfromthedarkness

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:27 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Metal Mickey wrote:Btw, anyone here order all 5 editions?
No, i have already ordered 3 editions, the CD+DVD from Amazon.co.jp, the CD+Magazine (with Tower Records bonus) from CDJapan and the translated edition from JPU Records...  .rich.

I gave up the idea of ​​buying the vinyl, instead I will buy the Band Score when it is available.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I ordered the Magazine edition already, and sure will add the Vinyl.
Still considered to include the her documentary as well.
With the JPU translated magazine edition, there are 6 editions in total!
That will burn a hole in your wallet while it's already crying.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
The new song "Tonight" that will be on the upcoming album is featured in a commercial for the "PASS'E BAZAR" sale at Kintetsu Pass'e, a mall in Nagoya!

This song sounds interesting, It sounds like autotune but extremly catchy. I am looking forward to this.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:34 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Metal Mickey wrote:Even though my turntable died last year, I will order the vinyl copy as well.
Btw, anyone here order all 5 editions?

cough cough

anyone else buy all the cds for all bonuses  front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 1f61c 

I ordered 8 copies including the LP.

There is suppose to be 2nd round of bonus to be announced Mid January which I suspect will be in store event or something front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 1f605

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:50 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Scraped together some coupons and bonus points, and split the order between CDJapan and Amazon to shave off some of the cost. Ended up getting all 5 editions anyway.

Oh well Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
@wildthing that is great!

When they were still with Sony, each album release will be a Hong Kong edition including the DVD contents at a price less than the Japan release.
But this time is  not sure and I have no idea if there is someone taking care of Victor's music products in Hong Kong.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:52 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Metal Mickey wrote:@wildthing that is great!

When they were still with Sony, each album release will be a Hong Kong edition including the DVD contents at a price less than the Japan release.
But this time is  not sure and I have no idea if there is someone taking care of Victor's music products in Hong Kong.

I used to have HK press of other Japanese artists, although they used to have Chinese translations, but the quality of the printing and press of the CDs were not as good.

Ieiri Leo 家入レオ (also on Colourful records) has Taiwan version published for early release by Universal Music, and now the recent releases by What's Music (part of Universal Music/EMI).

[The big 4 labels in Taiwan are Avex Taiwan, Universal Music/EMI/What's Music, Warner Music Taiwan /Gold Typhoon and Sony Music Taiwan]

So I think any change of an Asia release will be via What's Music Taiwan.

Victor Entertainment doesn't have much presence overseas, even the Electronics side are under corporation with other firms. For example JVC (electronics) in Hong Kong is run by Shun Hing Group.

Last Asian release I think are:
"SCANDAL" was last CD available in Hong Kong version
"SCANDAL" was last CD available in South Korea version
"HONEY" was last CD available in Taiwan (Sony Music)

Back to top Go down

『"her" Diary 2018 - 2019』 Teaser
Posted Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here's a teaser of the 『"her" Diary 2018 - 2019』 video that will be on the DVD Edition of Kiss from the darkness:

The documentary video that covers the year following the establishment of private label "her," from touring to album production, is a must-see.

For those wondering about subs from us: We cannot post the actual video with subs since it's an official release, but we will post a text translation of it in this thread!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:55 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
For those wondering about subs from us: We cannot post the actual video with subs since it's an official release, but we will post a text translation of it in this thread!

Any chance of SRT subtitles?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:58 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
joon wrote:Any chance of SRT subtitles?

If I have time, I'll try. If not, I'll just be posting a thorough text summary of it like I did for the Sisters DVD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm even more excited for the Dvd now, I love their documentaries. 

Any idea how long the movie is gonna be?

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:If I have time, I'll try. If not, I'll just be posting a thorough text summary of it like I did for the Sisters DVD.

That'll be awesome! I just stumbled upon the Sisters Dvd translation summary and was happy to finally watch the dvd again now knowing the basics of what they're talking about.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The music video for SCANDAL's new song "A.M.D.K.J." (Amidakuji) will premiere on January 8th (Wed) at midnight JST on SCANDAL's YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDpYur3Nwc

The short version of the song also just premiered today as the new ending song for the anime "GeGeGe no Kitaro," and I'll post that once a source for it is found!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

A.M.D.K.J. (Short Version) with English subs:

https://www.facebook.com/scandal.heaven/videos/1267350763458067/

Translation:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, here's "Tonight" (theme song for the drama "Raise de wa Chanto Shimasu")

https://www.facebook.com/scandal.heaven/videos/2709286972501531/

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:45 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love the song! It's so cool!

Also the song "tonight" for the drama "Raisede wa chanto shimasu" is out

So far, I'm loving the songs, don't get the "dark" vibe so far  front-page - 9th Album - 「Kiss from the darkness」 - Page 4 1f601

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:14 am

BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
Love them! The vibe is so different, amidakuji sounds more like an opening than an ending just like ShunSen

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:53 am

Naisu

Naisu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Both of them are really good, my expectations are so high for this album!!  .hail.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.