Hello from JPU Records
Posted on Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:29 pm

JPUrecords

JPUrecords

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://jpurecords.com
Hello, I'm a long time SCANDAL HEAVEN lurker but decided to join after seeing the discussion on Kiss from the darkness.

Thought I'd say hello! I'm Tom and I work at JPU records and have been working with SCANDAL since the Hello World album (we also released the tour documentary with English subtitles).

Nice to meet you all~

If you have any questions about stuff, I'm happy to answer.

Hello!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from JPU Records
Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:21 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Welcome to the club Tom, nice to meet you! Nice

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:37 am

M2Nice

M2Nice

Caless Student
Caless Student
Welcome Tom!! Good to have you around.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:39 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Welcome! are you a fan of the band as well?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:43 am

JPUrecords

JPUrecords

Caless Student
Caless Student
joameba wrote:Welcome! are you a fan of the band as well?

Yes, Oyasumi is my favourite song Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:04 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That's a good one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:21 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Welcome JPU Records ! 

I have some questions : 

- I have already ordered the CD + magazine edition on your shop but with Brexit on January 31, do we have to worry about certain additional costs or not?

- Is there any chance of having a pre-order bonus like a poster or stuff like that?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:25 pm

JPUrecords

JPUrecords

Caless Student
Caless Student
izzy wrote:Welcome JPU Records ! 

I have some questions : 

- I have already ordered the CD + magazine edition on your shop but with Brexit on January 31, do we have to worry about certain additional costs or not?

- Is there any chance of having a pre-order bonus like a poster or stuff like that?
Hello!
Oh, they're good questions.

1. To be honest, nobody knows. It's all a bit chaotic at the moment... I asked our distributor if we should make the CD in Europe (usually we make in the UK) to keep costs down, and they said they don't know either but not to worry about it. So.. I'm not sure, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Sorry, not really an answer

What?
2. Good idea! We try and do things like this, but it all depends on if management approve it. So far all of our ideas except regular edition and magazine haven't been approved. What kind of things would you like that's not currently available from other stores?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:54 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
JPUrecords wrote:2. Good idea! We try and do things like this, but it all depends on if management approve it. So far all of our ideas except regular edition and magazine haven't been approved. What kind of things would you like that's not currently available from other stores?

Thanks for the answers ! 

Few days ago when I saw this picture, I thought that it could be an awesome poster : 
Maybe in a smaller size...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

They also sell a lot of rubber band bracelet for their japanese fans, maybe it could be possible to have some for their overseas fans...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:09 pm

JPUrecords

JPUrecords

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh that's a good idea! Especially with the Magazine edition as it will fit in the postal box without any extra cost for the customer to pay. 

Oh I just remembered, when SCANDAL came to London I was so happy to see RINA wearing an Oasis shirt.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:16 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi Tom,

Welcome to SH Happy

I am also from England and any friend of SCANDAL is a friend of mine.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 pm

SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
Hello Tom!!

Welcome to the forum o3o
OMG! It's so nice to have you for here.
See you around Wink

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:34 am

Sven28

Sven28

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello Tom,

Welcome to SCANDAL HEAVEN!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:22 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
izzy wrote:
JPUrecords wrote:2. Good idea! We try and do things like this, but it all depends on if management approve it. So far all of our ideas except regular edition and magazine haven't been approved. What kind of things would you like that's not currently available from other stores?

Thanks for the answers ! 

Few days ago when I saw this picture, I thought that it could be an awesome poster : 
Maybe in a smaller size...  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

They also sell a lot of rubber band bracelet for their japanese fans, maybe it could be possible to have some for their overseas fans...

That photo is the one currently on the Victor/Scandal home page and used by many media outlets.

The text is about the live dates for Kyoto/Osaka and its an poster ad from box office eplus.jp

Closer shot that I took: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That photo is also used on the clear file as the pre-order bonus for KFTD album CD releases.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm

MamiNoodles

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://dapperrunner.com
Hi Tom! Welcome to the club! Finally, we're talking to the band's European record distributor.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:55 pm

The Sherwood Shinobi

The Sherwood Shinobi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi, Tom, Great to have your input on this site. (As you'll see by my join date , I too have been a long-time lurker but not very actively involved.) 
Typically modest of you to introduce yourself as a "worker" at JPU, as far as most of us are concerned you "are" JPU & are widely appreciated over here for promoting not only SCANDAL, but Lovebites & Band Maid (the three top Japanese bands in the UK at the moment, according to the poll in the Asian pop culture magazine NEO) plus many others. To say that you are largely responsible for the popularity of many Asian bands in Europe wouldn't be much of an exaggeration. 
What with Hyper-Japan being cancelled in November I missed the chance to chat & catch up with the latest news. Welcome again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HA! You woke me from my winter hibernation, oh dear friend of mine Wink Good to see You widening Your reach. Will You be at Ningen Isu gig or Otoboke Beaver's one in February?

Back to top Go down