Go down

Akira

Akira

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

SCANDAL 「Tonight」 music video premiered on YouTube a few hours ago and what a pleasant surprise to have Singapore featured. I believe filming was done last year when SCANDAL came to Singapore for a performance at C3 Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2019.

Here are some notable places featured in the MV:

Boat Quay Back Alley
This is one of the back alleys along Boat Quay lined with the distinctive air conditioner compressors on the walls and green garbage containers along the road. The skyscraper in the background is the OCBC Centre.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location GNwSX3J
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location Dr0Jzbd
Photo by /u/Frank_Sinatra_Grand ( Source)

Arab Street
This is the front of an old preserved shophouse along Arab Street. The collapsible grill gate was a popular design in the past. I believe this is not the exact spot as the grill design is slightly different, but possibly another shophouse along this street with the classic grill gate.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location Sr5pXLz
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location BXZM3DT
Photo by Neil Howard ( Source)

Clarke Quay
This is along the Singapore River at Clarke Quay. The building in the background is Liang Court.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location Ph54UU9
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location 0HER0Vc
Photo by CapitaLand and CDL ( Source)

Alkaff Bridge
This whimsical colorful bridge spans across the Singapore River at Robertson Quay.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location 4xs5TG9
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location EhDiwSI
Photo by Jerry Wong ( Source)

Ord Bridge
In the day, this is a monotonous white bridge that spans across the Singapore River at Clarke Quay. But at night it is lighted up in vibrant colors and becomes a popular gathering spot.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location DyadIl7
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location E6xuXxO
Photo by Booze.i ( Source)

Clemenceau Bridge
This is not filmed on the bridge itself, but filmed from one side of the riverbank to capture the river and the opposite bank. The purple glow is from the bridge.
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location 5lg4SSI
tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location TIsYhWX
Photo from Google Maps ( Source)

There's a few other filming spots such as the different alleys and roads, but they are too generic and difficult to distinguish. This post might be updated if there are any new information.

I hope you have enjoyed the new music video and the various scenery of Singapore. Cheers!

Last edited by Akira on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I queried this after someone in SHMY mentioned the Alkaff bridge.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14785p200-new-album-kiss-from-the-darkness#765916

Thanks for listing out the sites. I thought that was Clarke Quay - walked along it on St Patrick’s Day after the day #2 SCANDAL gig at *SCAPE in 2013..

tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That's quite a comprehensive rundown!

If I had the time, I could probably now embark on my own "Tonight" tour when I'm in Singapore for the May concert.

Now, if we could only figure out which hotel room they shot in, I could bust some moves in the same room, flop around on the same floor for a bit and then take a nap on the same couch, too!

tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location 2foml0
Back to top Go down
TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Boat Quay is one of my most favorite spots in Singapore! Nice choice of location to shoot the video.

tonight mv - SCANDAL 「Tonight」 - Music Video Filming Location Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
AKB48 fans do organised tours to all the AKB video locations, I wonder if SCANDAL Mania do the same ?

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
@tonymiller I took a picture at the same location where Mami did after their concert in Hong Kong 2018.
To be honest I found it interesting experience.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.