thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 8iabVX0
kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 FsVv3fQ

A radio program hosted by SCANDAL will be aired via the JFN PARK app and will be on Spotify as a podcast!

『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo

First airing: 3/9 (Mon), 21:00 JST (22:00 on Spotify)

https://park.gsj.mobi/news/show/64145

#front-page

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2020.9.4 KFTD @Paris 9.6 London 9.9 Berlin 9.17 Anaheim 9.19 Dallas 9.21 Atlanta 9.23 Toronto
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL to start a digital-only radio program!

HARUNA: "We want to make it a program that everyone can enjoy, and where we pop into your daily lives for a bit"

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 FsVv3fQ
kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 WsYebuj

●SCANDAL, Japan's leading all-girl band, to start an audio-only program!

An audio program of SCANDAL, a four-piece all-girl band who boasts an overwhelming presence and career in this current music scene, will begin from March 9 (Mon) via the radio app JFN PARK.

From personal news from members to inside stories about live shows, this program allows you to enjoy 100% of the personal charm of the band making the world their own stage..

It will be distributed via the app JFN PARK every Wednesday, as well as via the music streaming site Spotify. It will be available on-demand to enjoy whenever you'd like to listen to it.

●What vocalist HARUNA wants to talk about: "I want to know various industry terms!"

In the first episode, each member announces what they'd like to talk about during the program! Anything is OK—whether it's very detailed, maniacal, or something they usually refrain from talking about. They're free to talk about whatever they'd like.

The topic chosen by vocalist HARUNA is "industry terms," ranging from words unique to an industry to words limited to the departments of a company, and said, "I'd like to teach you terms that are used peculiarly!"

Please listen to the program to learn about the topics chosen by the other members!

●HARUNA: "We want to make it a program that everyone can enjoy, and where we pop into your daily lives for a bit."

At the start of the program, HARUNA commented, "This materialized from a conversation we had a year ago about how we wanted to do our first radio program in a while. New episodes will be posted at the same time every week, but since you can listen to it whenever you'd like on the app or Spotify, we want to make it a program that everyone can enjoy, and where we pop into your daily lives for a bit. Please tune in every week!"

Please look forward to when the first episode is out on 3/9 (Mon)!

【Program Overview】
◇Title: SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo
◇Distribution: JFN PARK、Spotify
◇First air date: 3/9 (Mon)
Every Monday thereafter via JFN PARK (21:00 JST), Spotify (22:00 JST)
◇Hosts: SCANDAL
◇Program site: https://park.gsj.mobi/news/show/64145

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2020.9.4 KFTD @Paris 9.6 London 9.9 Berlin 9.17 Anaheim 9.19 Dallas 9.21 Atlanta 9.23 Toronto
Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
"Japan's leading all-girl band" so true!
It will be interesting if Scandal would talk about the term "Djent"

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL's new program has begun! A "Topics we'd like to talk about" strategy meeting for the first episode?

Episode #1 blog

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 WsYebuj

A new digital-only program hosted by SCANDAL called 「SCANDAL Catch up Supported by Meiji Apollo」 started from Monday, March 9.

SCANDAL recently released their album Kiss from the darkness last month. What stood out to the quartet as they entered the studio to record the first episode were the copious amounts of around and shared the different kinds of Meiji Apollo stacked up like a mountain. After they shouted with joy, they asked, "Can we eat those?" and immediately opened them. They passed around and sampled Apollo chocolates.

Since this was the first episode, they announced that they came up with the idea to share their own "Catch up-like topics we'd like to talk about"!

TOMOMI: I want to make a pouch shaped just like an Apollo chocolate! I wonder if any have been made yet?

HARUNA: When we recorded the promo a little while ago, we used the terminology "naki (ナキ)" (meaning "to read program titles, etc. outloud"), and I thought that was interesting. Each profession has their own terms or jargon, and I think it'd be interesting if people sent us that stuff.

RINA: From the start we've been interested in what kinds of jobs everyone has...

MAMI: Students and young kids usually tell us what's going on with them via letters or on social media, but I wonder about the adults...

RINA: I watch movies or dramas every day; I'm interested in what everyone else is watching now.

MAMI: I don't watch any at all. I don't know what genres I like, so please share your recommendations.

The conversation never stops due to the effects of Apollo chocolate... For this program, we will be taking in messages from listeners as well as topics. You can listen to 「SCANDAL Catch up Supported by Meiji Apollo」 on the official program site, so look forward to SCANDAL's new transmissions you can only hear on this program!

Will be posting a translated summary of episode 1 later.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 1

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 PSaZ9qO
kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 GU0KZwl

•SCANDAL starts off the episode by opening bags of Meiji Apollo chocolates and comments that they could use them for acoustic performances, and that they could keep some beside RINA.

•They talk about how they want this program to be one that their fans, people interested in them, and people just now learning about them can enjoy. They also say this will be a "whatever goes"-kind of program where the topics on the program will be based on ones from their listeners, and they will also be talking about things they as a band want to talk about/things they like while eating Apollo.

•The first thing they talk about is the program's title "Catch up," which means, "What's been going on lately?" They chose this because on this program they'll be catching up on what's been going on lately with the listeners as well as the band.

•As "Tonight" is played in the background, they take the opportunity to talk about the new album, which they say is one where they took on all sorts of challenges and experiments. For this song in particular, they had the 16-year-old track maker SASUKE produce it, which they think provides SCANDAL with a new sound. Recording it was interesting. MAMI says that SASUKE's so mature that it doesn't seem like he's only 16. HARU says that they often discussed things via LINE since he lives in Ehime Prefecture (about 400 miles away from Tokyo via airplane), and whenever he'd come out to Tokyo he'd bring along snacks from Ehime—this all made for an exciting and lively recording atmosphere.

•Next, they talk about how this episode needs to commemorated since it's the first one, so they will be "catching up" with the members this time. This is also in part due to not having any messages from listeners yet. They'll be talking about things they want to talk about on the program in the future, and things they don't normally talk about. However, they plan to have the topics change with each episode, depending on what the listeners want them to talk about.

•TOMO asks if she can talk about something she just thought of: "I want to make a pouch shaped just like an Apollo chocolate! A triangle-shaped one!" A guy is heard laughing loudly in the background as she says this. The band comments on this and says that it's Ono-san who's been working with them recently. TOMO circles back around to the pouch: "Wouldn't that be great?" The band says that that'd be adorable. TOMO wonders if any have been made yet. The band doesn't think so. TOMO thinks it'd be nice if they made some together.
-HARU: "That's not the topic you want to talk about though."
-TOMO: "It's not; it's what I wanted to talk to the three of you about."
HARU says that maybe they could do collaborative merch and give them as presents to their listeners (TOMO: "That's something way off into the future!"). RINA says that a pouch like that would be really cute and useable.

•HARU goes next: "When we recorded the promo a little while ago, the radio terminology "naki (ナキ)" (meaning "to read program titles, etc. outloud") was used, and I thought that was interesting. Each profession has their own terms or jargon, and I think it'd be interesting if people sent us that stuff." RINA says that that would definitely be interesting. Ono-san (presumably) asks them if they have jargon between the four of them. TOMO says maybe them shortening long song titles on their setlists could be "SCANDAL jargon." RINA says this way of referring to the songs is probably something that's only between the band and their staff. TOMO gives an example with "Shunkan Sentimental," which is shortened to "ShunSen." She mentions that the fans do that as well (Mod note: I posted a thread like this a while back Tongue). MAMI then mentions that during rehearsals they have their own band-related jargon when connecting songs as well as deciding drum parts. They say that learning about all sorts of jargon from listeners would be interesting, and that they're interested in knowing what kind of jobs their listeners have. MAMI says that students and young kids usually tell us what's going on with them via letters or on social media, but they don't really hear from the adults and are wondering what's going on for them.

•RINA follows after that: "I've mentioned on social media that I watch movies or dramas every day on Netflix and the like, and what I've been watching recently is 'Followers .' It focuses on different angles of women working in the social media world. I feel like what movies or dramas people are watching now are endless. I want to know what they're watching!" TOMO then mentions that the music used in movies is really interesting. MAMI says that she never watched movies. It's not that she tries not to watch them, but even if there's a movie she'd want to see, she'll be like, "Oh, it's out in theaters now. Oh, I forgot to watch it in theaters, so I'll wait until it's online," but will eventually forget about it altogether. She doesn't know what genres she likes, so she'd like for everyone to send her their recommended movies. RINA says recommending a movie might be difficult, so she recommends a drama called "Kinou Nani wo Tabeta? " (What Did You Eat Yesterday?), which she thinks MAMI would really like. MAMI says that she'll check it out.

•The episode closes out with "Kinenbi." MAMI asks the other members what kind of song they should write. TOMO goes, "Is that a topic we should talk about?" MAMI mentions that "Kinenbi" is a song they made in response to fans wanting them to make a song that could be played during things like weddings, and it'd make them happy if there are fans who say they'll play this at their weddings.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/concerts/Meph
Thanks for translation. But any chance download this program? It's not worked spotify in my country  Sad

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 6758c40eb962
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Meph1766 wrote:But any chance download this program? It's not worked spotify in my country

Check out the SCANDAL Media subforum here on SH (below the SCANDAL Chords subforum).

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Deciding on a new corner!? A collection of terminology

Episode #2 blog

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 Yy7cDcI

We're starting off with topics from the program's blogs.

RINA: There's also a blog for this program, which are posted after the episodes are posted. Have you seen them?

All: We have.

RINA: You know, it's been a while since we've really used Osaka dialect . TOMOMI and I speak using Osakan dialect so that can't be helped, but it was pretty thick (laughs).

TOMOMI: Geez. Let's just speak using standard Japanese! (laughs)

RINA: It's been a while since I've felt embarrassed by it, but it made me happy.

In "Catch up!" the words spoken by the members will be conveyed just as they are in a "thick Osakan dialect."

Also, people from various industries sent in messages in response to HARUNA's "I want you to teach us industry terminology" question in the previous episode.

Since a lot of "unknown terms" were sent in, they decided to turn it into a corner called "Gyoukaiyougo Collection (A collection of industry terms)" (shortened to GyouColle) as part of the program.

Incidentally, the commemorative first message was sent from Singapore.

On this episode's GyouColle, they focused on the terms "MAKE UP," "P," "Magemon," and "Messo." Additionally, many messages were sent in response to MAMI's question, "What kinds of jobs does everyone have?" The members were very interested in the surprising occupations listed, such as a "fledgling Shinto priest" and a "princess at a dental clinic."

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 2

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 Sq5gbis
kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 Xg8kM4Y

•The band once again starts off the episode by opening bags of Apollo chocolates and comments that there are a bunch in front of them.

•It's already been mentioned here, but RINA starts talking about the blog for the program and asks if the other members have seen it. They say they have. RINA they goes, "You know, it's been a while since we've really used Osaka dialect! TOMO and I speak using Osakan dialect so that can't be helped. We speak it in interviews and the like and they correct it for us [by putting it in standard Japanese] (TOMO: "We ask them to correct it"). But it was pretty thick [during the first episode]. It's been a while since I've felt embarrassed by it, but it made me happy." RINA also says that they thought that leaving in the Osaka dialect as it is in the blog would be okay. TOMO goes, "Geez. Let's just speak using standard Japanese!"

•After "Tonight" plays, they talk about how they received a lot of messages after the first episode aired last week, and that they'll be doing "trial corners" based on the content of their listeners' messages. The first corner they will be doing is called "Gyoukaiyougo Collection (A collection of industry terms)" (shortened to GyouColle), which comprises of terms related to the jobs of their listeners. TOMO reads the first message, which is from a listener in Singapore. They're surprised that the first message is from Singapore. The listener works at a Japanese language school there, where they often use the term "make up." The band tries to guess what it could mean. They first say "Makeup (as in cosmetics)?" but say that's probably not it since the person works at a school. They also guess that it's related to creating something. TOMO reads the correct answer: It refers to when a student misses a class and they have to "make up" the work in order to be able to follow along during the next class. TOMO mentions that she thought of Sailor Moon when she heard "make up."

•The listener also said for SCANDAL to do their best despite having to postpone a few performances of their world tour. RINA says that they're hopeful and are continuing to make preparations for the future. They all want to hurry up and play live shows.

•MAMI reads the next message which comes from a listener in Osaka who is an elementary school teacher. They say there aren't many terms at their work, but they do have one: "P." They laugh and go, "P!? Like the letter of the alphabet?" They guess words like "parking," "pool," "play," "PC." MAMI says no to all of them. HARU goes, "It's not related to the toilet, right?" MAMI says no, and reads the correct answer: "Parents." They laugh and say that that's not what they expected.

•RINA reads the next message which comes from a listener in Osaka who works at a company that produces and sells custom-built hardware, and has a bunch of industry terms at their job. One of them is "magemon," which (I think) refers to moment when metal bends. RINA says that it has a Osaka dialect-likeness to it. Another term mentioned is "messo," which (I believe) refers to measuring something by eye.

•The next topic they cover is the jobs that their fans have. MAMI reads a message from a listener who is a fourth-year college student and is aiming to be a Shinto priest . The band is surprised by this. TOMO goes, "How cool!" and also says, "To think that an aspiring Shinto priest listens to SCANDAL! That makes me happy!"

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says her profession is a "princess" who works in pediatric dentistry, and everyone who works where she is wears dresses as their work uniform. The band is surprised and all go, "Ehh!?!" The listener also says that this is a place where anyone can become a princess or prince, and that she is called a "princess" every day. TOMO says that most kids are probably scared to go to the dentist, but going here is kind of like going to a theme park. HARU wonders where this dentist is and asks if it's written in the message. RINA says that it's not. RINA also mentions that her little sister also works in dentistry and that she was always studying for tests, so she knows how much hard work it takes to be in this field.

•The episode then comes to a close. TOMO says that they received over 300 messages from listeners, which the band is very happy about and thanks the listeners. After "Saishuuheiki, Kimi" plays, HARU talks about how their first two performances of their tour were postponed (this episode was recorded before they had to postpone the other remaining 4 performances in March), but since they'll be coming out with new episodes of this radio program every Monday, they hope that they can be a source of comfort while also delivering a fun radio program every week.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Kinoko no Yama, Takenoko no Sato - Which sides are the members on!? The topic for this week: A.M.D.K.J.!

Episode #3 blog

kissfromthedarkness - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 XFuW2pv

We're starting off with an "age-old question" this time.

HARUNA: We received a lot of messages this time too. We'd like to decide on the topics we've received by doing an amidakuji based on the song "A.M.D.K.J." from our new album. I wonder how many times we've done amidakuji this year already...

RINA: I wonder.

TOMOMI: We've been doing them since before it was out. It's always fun when we do it...but I wonder how everyone else feels about it. They're probably like, "Cut it out already!"

MAMI: Won't we be doing it for as long as we have this song?

TOMOMI: So we'll be doing it forever!?

→Incidentally, with "A.M.D.K.J.", members are able to freely add "lines" and introduce messages from the listeners.

HARUNA: A question we got is...are you "Team Kinoko no Yama" or "Team Takenoko no Sato" ?

TOMOMI: That's an age-old question...

MAMI: But there [are boxes of both of them] right in front of us.

TOMOMI: As a matter of principle, both of them are good.

RINA: They are good...

TOMOMI: Kinoko are biscuits while Takenoko are cookies.

HARUNA: We did a survey a couple of years ago, and it was 3 to 1. I wonder if that's changed...

TOMOMI: Back then it was 3 for Takenoko, 1 for Kinoko.

MAMI: I like both of them. I really do.

RINA: If you had to choose...

All: Ready, go...!

Who's on Team Kinoko and who's on Team Takekono... Listen to the shocking (?) results in the episode! Additionally, there's also a part where they each mention something that they didn't know. For example...

RINA: If SCANDAL hadn't formed, I would have lived my life never knowing was "tsuyudaku " is.

And...

TOMOMI: I didn't know what a bagel was... I thought they were hard to the touch.

Back to top Go down