YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lol I'm really looking forward to the new jingle
That episode was really fun, I laughed a lot when listening haha
The staffs are really creative, bringing the ocarinas  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 1f602

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Making a travel guide for the 『SCANDAL MANIA TOUR』 that starts in April!?

Episode #56 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 16Im6RI

HARUNA: Staffer Kawai-chan has prepared some sakura (cherry blossoms) for us.

RINA: The sakura are adorable.

HARUNA: We'll be bringing you this episode...while looking at flowers...and while eating snacks.
That said, this week we'll be doing a project related to "SCANDAL MANIA TOUR 2021 request" that starts on April 3rd.
It is titled:
「Tour guidebook」!!

TOMOMI: 「Tour guidebook」... sounds cute.

MAMI: But it's pretty normal, in a good way...

HARUNA: Yes. It gives off a "guidebook for field trips or school trips" vibe.
We'll be carrying it out trends, countermeasures, important pointers, etc. for the tour in Catch up-like fashion.

MAMI: Trends and countermeasures...?

HARUNA: On this fan club tour we will be going to seven locations nationwide:
Fukuoka, Osaka, Sendai, Yokohama, Tokyo, Sapporo, Nagoya

HARUNA: First up will be our 「Enthusiasm for the tour」 since it's our first tour in forever.

TOMOMI: Since our tour last year was canceled/postponed.
It has been a while...so let's do our best. Something like that?

MAMI: That's it?

HARUNA: At any rate, we're looking forward to seeing everyone.
A popularity contest for SCANDAL's songs is currently being held until August, and we thought we'd do a sort of interim announcement on the tour.
So every time the ranking changes, each location's set list may change.
We also want to tour while feeling excited.

And the second one is: 「Eating only Meiji sweets」

MAMI: Well of course.

TOMOMI: Not "Spend up to 300 yen"?
That is more "guidebook"-ish.
I wonder if it's still "up to 300 yen."

MAMI: I want it to be "up to 300 yen."

TOMOMI: Wouldn't that be difficult?
Aren't prices [for sweets] higher than they used to be?

RINA: Do you even bring sweets to a concert in the first place??

HARUNA: That's true. What should we do...

RINA: You can't eat them at a venue. It's not allowed.

TOMOMI: What about eating them by the time you get to the venue?
On field trips you eat them on the bus while you're on the way.

HARUNA: It's not like you can eat whenever you want, though.

TOMOMI: Please refrain from eating during a concert.
Eh? Is this a "guidebook" for us? Or is it a "guidebook" for the fans?

HARUNA: Isn't it for us?

RINA: Isn't it for the fans??

HARUNA: For the fans, huh...

RINA: I mean, we're not telling ourselves how enthusiastic we are for our tour...

MAMI: That's true.

TOMOMI: For the fans, huh...

RINA: It's for the fans.

HARUNA: I see. So, to our fans: Please only eat Meiji sweets.

TOMOMI: Make sure to follow that.

HARUNA: And number 3 is...a quiz. Eh, a quiz?

TOMOMI: It really is for us...

MAMI: The fans can enjoy it too, right?

HARUNA: So here's the question:
"The seven places on this tour are:
Fukuoka, Osaka, Miyagi (Sendai), Kanagawa (Yokohama), Tokyo, Hokkaido (Sapporo), Aichi (Nagoya)
Please arrange them in descending order of area and prefecture."

The correct answer to the quiz question can be heard during the program!

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2021 KFTD @Paris - London - Berlin 11.11 Toronto 11.13 NY 11.17 Anaheim 11.19 Dallas 11.21 Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I've never been a fan of Meiji sweets but hearing the band talk about them every show has actually gotten me interested. Have to say some are really quite delicious!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 56

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 KmoQr0K
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 KpaJr7u

•The episode starts off with this.

•The band then tries to answer the quiz question to rank the prefectures they're going to on tour in descending order of size. They rank Hokkaido as #1, which they know for sure due to how big Hokkaido is (the largest prefecture in Japan), but they're not sure what would come next. TOMO thinks it might be Fukuoka and MAMI thinks it might be Miyagi. TOMO thinks that Miyagi seems small due to its neighbors Akita and Iwate, which are large, but it might actually be large. HARU says that they're bad with this kind of stuff. MAMI says that guessing either Tokyo or Osaka as #2 would probably be incorrect. She and HARU also mention Aichi and say that that's big as well. They're about to agree on Fukuoka when MAMI wonders about Kanagawa, but TOMO and RINA say they think it's fairly small. They all wonder if it's bigger than Tokyo, and then wonder if Tokyo could be the smallest. RINA says they should just wing it while the staff laughs in the backgound.

•They start listing them in the order they think is correct: Hokkaido, Fukuoka, Miyagi, Aichi, Kanagawa, Osaka, Tokyo. The staff then gives them the correct answer, which is: Hokkaido, Miyagi, Aichi, Fukuoka, Kanagawa, Tokyo, Osaka. That means they got all of them wrong except for Hokkaido. MAMI, who is from Aichi, is surprised that it's pretty big. They say that this was a good learning experience.

•HARU then reads part 4 of the guidebook, which is another quiz and is about Fukuoka: "What does the word 'sacchi' (さっち) mean in Hakata dialect?" MAMI says that she's never heard that word before. RINA says, "It's not short for 'sakki' (さっき; previously), right?", which it is not. HARU thinks it might be related to words like "acchi" or "docchi" (あっち; that way - どっち; which way). RINA wonders if there are words associated with it, which there are not. TOMO guesses "samui" (寒い; cold), which is incorrect. They ask the staff for a hint. The staff gives the example "Sacchi kuru kara ne" (さっち来るからね). TOMO guesses "mou sugu" (もうすぐ; soon), which is wrong but close. She then guesses "kondo" (今度; next time), also wrong. MAMI guesses "ashita" (明日; tomorrow), then "mata" (また; again), which are both wrong. RINA guesses "mou ikkai" (もう一回; once more), which the staff says is close. The staff also says that it's a word often used. MAMI says "zettai" (絶対; absolutely). The staff says that's pretty much right but not quite it. TOMO then says "kitto" (きっと; no doubt), which isn't quite it either. MAMI says "koretara" (来れたら; if you/I can make it). HARU laughs and TOMO inserts it into the example sentence given earlier: "I'll come if I can!" which the others laugh at. They wonder what it is, and that it seems that "zettai" is the closest to the right answer. The staffer just goes ahead and says it: "kanarazu" (必ず; absolutely). They all say they didnt know about this word before and that they've never heard it before either. TOMO says that it's a cute word.

•Next is a quiz about Osaka: "Who made the original song for Kani Doraku , famous for the moving crab sign in Dotonbori, Osaka?" MAMI asks if any of them know the song. TOMO says no, but RINA seems to know the answer and goes, "Isn't it Kida Tarou ?", which is the right answer. MAMI goes, "Eh?!" and HARU goes, "As expected!" (probably since RINA was born in Osaka). RINA says that he writes a lot of songs that repeat themselves over and over again.

•Next is a quiz about Miyagi: "What does, 'Ah, ohayou kutshishita ja nee ka! (あ、おはよう靴下じゃねぇか!)' mean?" Right away RINA says that she knows what it is and HARU goes, "How do you know?!" and RINA says that a fan told her about it. She says that it's when your big toe sticks out of a hole in your sock (like this ), which is correct. They then remember they all learned about it during their 2018 HONEY tour, which is when fans could submit quiz questions to the band to be answered during each concert and this question popped up. RINA says she remembers it so well because it was a pretty memorable thing.

•Next is a quiz about Kanagawa: "What is the nickname for Yokohama's famous soy sauce container included in shumai bento?" MAMI says "sakana" (fish), as in a fish-shaped container, which the others laugh at. They say that shape is pretty standard anyway . TOMO asks the staff if it being in a shumai bento matters, which it does not. MAMI guesses "Tarou-kun," which is incorrect but the staff says it is something like that. TOMO says "Shumai-kun" (bzzt), HARU says "Hyoutan" (bzzt), MAMI says "Shoyu-kun" (bzzt), then "Sauce-kun" (bzzt), TOMO says "Peanuts-kun" (bzzt). HARU says "Omame" (bean), which the others laugh at and say sounds cute. The staff it's similar to "Hyou-tan," which HARU had said before. TOMO and RINA say "Hyou-tan-kun" (bzzt), TOMO says "Hyou-tan" (bzzt), then "Hyouta-kun" (bzzt), then "Hyou-kun" (bzzt). The staff seemingly says that she's close, and she then answers "Hyou-chan ," which is correct. The others are surprised and didn't know about it.

•Next is a quiz about Hokkaido: "What does '__ shoya (しょや)' mean?" TOMO guesses "shiyou ya (しようや; let's do this)," which is wrong. MAMI says "hajimete no yoru" (初めての夜; first night - the kanji for 'first' 初 can be read as "sho" and the kanji for 'night' 夜 can be read as "ya"). It's incorrect, but the others laugh at it. TOMO says "shinaide" (しないで; don't do __) and MAMI says "mottekite" (持ってきて; bring along), which are both wrong. RINA guesses "desho" (でしょ; right?), which is correct. You would use it in a sentence like, "It's delicious, right? (おいしいでしょう?/おいしいしょや?)" They say it sounds cute.

•Last up is a quiz about Aichi: "Which of the following is the actual place name in Aichi Prefecture? Maguro, Katsuo, Hamachi." The words given are names of fish: tuna, bonito, yellowtail. RINA says that HARU probably knows what it is since she's from Aichi, but she says she doesn't know. MAMI, who is also from Aichi, says she too doesn't know and wonders where this place actually is. TOMO says that either Maguro and Hamachi sound likely. The others agree with Hamachi, likely because it contains the word for city ("machi") in it. TOMO then says that Maguro kind of sounds like the city Meguro in Tokyo, which the others laugh at. She says she could imagine what kanji would be used for either of those places. HARU asks what about Katsuo, and TOMO thinks for a second before saying that that could be a likely place too. Both HARU and MAMI wonder where this place could be in Aichi. MAMI guesses that it's close to the sea. HARU and TOMO guess Hamachi, which is incorrect and surprises them. The staff surprises them by saying that it's the name of a city and is in the Kita Ward of Aichi. MAMI and HARU try estimating where this place could be if you were to take the trains. HARU says that there definitely wouldn't be a place called "Katsuo" on it. It turns out that the correct answer is Maguro (Maguro-cho).

•The fifth and final part of the guidebook is "Things they want to understand before they go on tour." HARU then reads some messages from listeners who say something related to the yakibidashi they talked about in a previous episode, but it's kind of boring so I will not be translating it lol. TOMO also goes on a bit of a rant about the differences with how people from Kansai and people from Kanto will tell someone that they want to go out to eat together, but it's hard to really translate into English lol. It's basically just slight variations in what words are used.

•The band closes out the episode by saying that they learned a lot of things they previously didn't know about and say it was interesting.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here . I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2021 KFTD @Paris - London - Berlin 11.11 Toronto 11.13 NY 11.17 Anaheim 11.19 Dallas 11.21 Atlanta
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you for the links to the stuff they talk about. More cultural detail than YouTube, for sure. I really appreciate it!

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 54
•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who only recently became a SCANDAL fan and whose former favorite bands included ALFEE and KISS.

They wonder what the common points could be, and MAMI says that all of the members sing and that there's at least one flashy member in each band. They chuckle at that and TOMO says that from ALFEE it would be Takamizawa and from SCANDAL it would be MAMI.

After reading this^ I'd thought Takamizawa looked terribly familiar, even though I don't know this band. Then I realised it was because he and his bandmates host a show that Scandal had appeared on at least once before, in this episode . They even poked fun at him after learning that Rina is/was Mami's fangirl.

2 weeks late to the realisation lol but better late than never  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 1f602

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think Tomomi and Takamizawa both appear in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57C8DUVm-94

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Introducing a bunch of messages tonight. A message from someone who owns an uninhabited island!

Episode #57 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 XCeEEPf

HARUNA: It's now April. And our tour has begun.

RINA: It has.

HARUNA: This week we'll just be reading messages.
It's actually been a while since we've done this.

TOMOMI: It's because we often did segments.

HARUNA: I'll read one.

Air Terminal, formerly Tsugumu

I decided to send a message after listening to the "MAMImume, uninhabited islands" broadcast. I was born and raised in Tokyo, and when the Tohoku Earthquake happened 10 years ago I got the understanding of my family to secure a place to evacuate from the earthquake and bought a plot on a small island for a rather cheap 800,000 yen ($8,000 USD) from a friend in the Philippines.

Not everything on the island is mine, but I've gone to the plot many times to build a house made of wood from scratch so that I can grow vegetables in the fields, and now I'm able to finally live in that house. However, I need to go often as a house made of wood is very difficult to maintain because of things like mold due to rain. The fields are deteriorating too.

At first it seemed cheap at 800,000 yen, but by building a house and factoring in the cost of plane trips + the money to maintain the plot, I feel that I'm spending a lot of money now, 10 years later.

More than anything, after listening to the "MAMImume, uninhabited islands" broadcast, it made me wonder what I'd do if a big earthquake were to hit the island house I own, and it was a good opportunity to consider another island in a safe place with less rain.

P.S. Managing fields that are closer to you is so much better.

HARUNA: ...and there you have it. That's surprising!

MAMI: That broadcast brought about an opportunity...

TOMOMI: What's more, it motivated them to want to buy [another] island...

HARUNA: This project had us thinking, "Who's this going to strike a chord with?"...

MAMI: It certainly did...

TOMOMI: Someone who already owns an island.

RINA: The Philippines, huh... It certainly does seem like it rains a lot. That sounds like bad news for things made out of wood.

HARUNA: They basically had no choice but to live there; it seems difficult to go back and forth.

RINA: But that's awesome.

MAMI: 10 years, that's crazy... And they're going to buy another one.

RINA: ...what job do they have? What an amazing person.

TOMOMI: Next up is a message from Sawa-san.
We're doing even more overtime for "Eh, seriously?" without getting permission.
Everyone's favorite "Eh, seriously?"

MAMI: Everyone's sending in whatever they want...

Sawa

I was happy to hear my message read for the first time during the live broadcast special. I have another "Eh, seriously?" story, so I'm sending it in.

This happened before the pandemic. On my way home from work, a drunk guy bumped into me at the station. During his apology, I found out that our trains were heading in the same direction so we ended up heading back together.

As we talked, it turned out that we were 10 years apart in age and that we went to the same middle school. Talking about our hometowns was exciting.

While being shaken in the crowded train, we talked about middle school love happenings. There were two empty seats right behind where we were standing, so we sat down. I was asked if I had a boyfriend then, and when I was about to answer I saw that my ex-boyfriend that I dated in middle school was sitting in front of me.

I didn't notice him because he had been standing up until then, but I had been talking to the guy right above my ex's head. We didn't have the cleanest breakup, so I unintentionally lied and said I probably didn't have a boyfriend in middle school.

I was also surprised that I met a senpai from my hometown in a weird twist of fate, but seeing my ex-boyfriend at the end was the exact definition of "Eh, seriously?"

MAMI: That's a crazy coincidence... How awkwardー

RINA: Things like that really happen? That'd be a strange development even a drama, wouldn't it?

HARUNA: Even just seeing your ex is a "Eh, seriously?" development.

RINA: I want to send them something.

TOMOMI: This is kind of good day.

RINA: It's fun to listen to these mysterious developments.

This program's getting more and more fun thanks to everyone sending in messages about their wonderful experiences. We're always grateful for your help. Please give us more!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 57

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 HZVrvHM
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 UZLMuLX

•The episode starts off with this.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who became a fan after watching RINA's videos featuring HARU and thought they had wonderful personalities. They are writing in for the GyouColle (industry terms) segment. The word in Japanese for "pulling an all nighter" is usually "tetsuya" (徹夜), but at their college they call it "shuuya" (終夜). The band says that's a cool word to use. When the listener first heard the term, they thought even the sound of it was refreshing and that they understood when they saw the kanji for the word. They said they haven't been able to do all-nighters in the lab due to the pandemic, and that before it they'd often go to the lab in the evening, pull an all-nighter, go home in the morning, and do it all over again. TOMO wonders what the listener is studying, and the others wonder as well. RINA and HARU say that they're happy about how they started listening to SCANDAL, and RINA says that a lot of fans have started being fans this way too recently. The listener had said that they were pulled in to the band with "A.M.D.K.J." and "Ceramic Blue," and MAMI wonders if they listened to those songs while in the lab. RINA jokes that that would be quite an intense lab session, which makes the others laugh.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener whose previous message about becoming a Shinto priest had been read during the second episode of the program. They say they were able to successfully obtain their qualification after graduating, but the one thing they regret about college is not being able to attend their graduation ceremony due to the pandemic and the state of emergency that was declared in Tokyo around the same time. They say they're looking forward to going to Tokyo again and also seeing SCANDAL live, and that they'll do their best doing what they can right now. The band congratulates the listener and says they did a great job, though it certainly is disappointing they weren't able to attend their graduation ceremony. RINA says that generation will share the same kind of sadness about not being able to go to graduation ceremonies, but hopefully they can look at it as being something positive perhaps 10 years down the line.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is writing in in regards to a message featured in episode 37 (the one about a listener who became a father at age 21 and lives at his wife's parents' house). They say they married their wife 10 years ago and also had to move in with her mother who was often in bad moods like the first listener's MIL. They say that what the first listener is doing at the age of 21 is a very commendable thing, and reminds them that bad things don't last for very long. The listener apologizes for using this program to convey a message to another listener, but they really wanted to convey to them to do their best. The band thinks this was a good message and say that the reminder that bad things don't last for very long is sure to be very reassuring. RINA says that it's even more special when it's coming from someone who's experienced the same kind of thing.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is writing in for the "ABC" (Fine Line Association) segment. TOMO pauses and asks, "What was 'ABC' again?", which the other members inform her of. The listener has been living on their own since they were 18, which makes for a total of 10 years now they've been doing so. When asked if they cook, they answered, "I love cooking - Somehow everything I make is delicious." In response, they were told, "Oh, so you're good at cooking." Inwardly, they were thinking of how they ask their mom about how to cook things and look up recipes on recipe sites or TV programs, so they're not actually good at cooking--they just follow recipes. The question they ask the band: What's the fine line between loving to cook and being a good cook? They also mention how they always see TOMO post her meals on her Instagram Stories and ask the other members which one TOMO is. They close out their message by saying thanks, which the band laughs at. MAMI says, "If you can make delicious food while following a recipe, doesn't that mean you're good at cooking?" The others agree. TOMO says, "If you like cooking because you're good at cooking, and if that cooking is good, then aren't you good at cooking?" And then goes, "Ah, what am I saying?", which the others laugh at. She then goes,"If you like cooking, isn't it okay to say that you are good at cooking if you can make things even more delicious?" The others say that they look at recipe sites too, which is totally fine to do. As for TOMO's cooking, HARU says that she's a good cook and the others agree. They say she's a good cook that loves to cook. TOMO thanks them and says they can come over to eat any time.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who is in their ninth year of working as a caregiver, which they feel is a tough but rewarding job, and would like to tell everyone a little more about their job, saying things like older people like foods with strong flavors like potato chips. RINA says that her mom is also a caregiver and has been doing it for many years. As an outsider she has nothing but respect for caregivers, and thinks that you need to be very caring in order to do this job perfectly. MAMI agrees that older people seem to like foods with strong flavors and references her grandma in her mid 80s who loves chips as well as pizza. She says that she can only eat about three slices of pizza since it's so dense, but her grandma can eat more than that. She also says that it's good when older people can eat a lot. RINA says that she thinks it's a really great job and that the number of people who are living well and happily is increasing because there are caregivers.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here . I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Guidance for the new fiscal year! If you listen to this, you'll understand "SCANDAL Catch up"!

Episode #58 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 14 JNUbamv

HARUNA: So, for this week...
We're doing the first "「Catch up」! 〜Guidance for the new fiscal year〜"
This program's now in its second year, and now we've gotten more new listeners
And want to have more of them participate in this program,
This episode we'll once more be holding a lecture as to what "Catch up" is.

"Catch up" means "What's been going on lately?"...
We gave it that title with the hope that it would be easy to interact with listeners in that way, and as its entering its second year, the many messages from listeners has made this a very significant program. The number of segments are increasing... They'll be adjusted, but they'll increase again - That's what this program is all about.

Let's introduce several of the segments.
First up is the "Fine Line Association" (境界線協会; Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai)

RINA: Our top favorite. The most exciting.

HARUNA: Translated to English it would be "Association of Borderline on Catch up," or shortened to "ABC" [Note: I mentioned this before, but I don't refer to this segment using that title/acronym as it's a little Engrishy lol].
We also forget what "ABC" means when it's suddenly mentioned.

TOMOMI: It sounds good in Japanese as "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai"; why bother to put it in English?

RINA: But we have a lot of overseas listeners [Note: lol maybe I should write in and tell them the title isn't very good English].

MAMI: That's certainly true. But maybe it'd be understood better if it was called "KK."

RINA: That's how it'd translate in Japanese. It's a popular segment.

HARUNA: Some fine lines we have discussed so far are...
Geniuses vs. eccentrics, kindness vs. meddling, tastefully done paintings vs. badly done paintings, kissaten vs. cafes, "shinyou" (to believe and have faith in) vs. "shinrai" (to believe and rely on)
"sugoi (awesome, crazy, to a great extent, etc.)" vs. "yabai (crazy, awesome, bad, dangerous, etc.)," the line between what's a side dish and what's not

MAMI: The "line between what's a side dish and what's not" one was about whether or not karaage (fried chicken) was a side dish or not.

HARUNA: It's a continuous deliberation. Now let's see what kinds of messages we've received.

Yasunana

Hello, SCANDAL.
I enjoy listening to this program every week on my way to work!
There's been a fine line that's always been on my mind since becoming an adult.
SCANDAL, what do you think the fine line is between "tomodachi" (友達; friend - the kanji basically mean "person who you're close to") and "shinyuu" (親友; close or best friend - the kanji literally does mean "close friend")? I don't have many friends. I'll only be inviting three people to my wedding in March. When I hear the word "shinyuu," those three friends suddenly come to mind. I think those three surely must also consider me to be a "shinyuu." But when it comes to what makes them different from other friends, it's difficult to say what that fine line is!! SCANDAL, please clarify the fine line that's always been on my mind ever since becoming an adult!!!

MAMI: I see.

RINA: I wonder.

MAMI: Maybe it's feeling of someone seeming more like "tomodachi" rather than "shinyuu." If you spent almost every day with someone during your school days, that person's a "shinyuu." But when you grow up, you're not spending every day with them. That's why they no longer feel like a "shinyuu" to you.

RINA: It may be due to your lifestyles both changing when you grow up.

TOMOMI: Doesn't "shinyuu" give off a family-like vibe?

HARUNA: Totally.

TOMOMI: You can talk about anything and have discussions even about negative things. That may be what a "shinyuu" is.

HARUNA: A "shinyuu" perhaps is someone who you know you'll see soon even if you don't specifically make plans to meet up. A person you decide to meet up with even without making plans.

RINA: After our performance in Osaka the other day, a friend of mine from elementary school came to see us in concert for the first time. They have their own life, and our relationship is one where I consider once per year if I should contact them, but I got to see them for the first time in forever and they saw me playing music for the first time. It felt very natural and we had such a deep convo that it seemed as though the last time we met up was only the day before. It made me again think of how I want to keep this valuable relationship with them.

HARUNA: [The fine line between the two] is having someone that you want to treasure and help out no matter what happens.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I often joke your best friend is the guy you know you can call to help you hide the body.

Back to top Go down