thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The overflowing "Parque love" sent in by listeners! Things get heated up with the topic of hometown theme parks!

Episode #78 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 VJCvrQI

HARUNA: This week too, on-air wise,
Although our 15th anniversary concert on August 21st has passed,
We recorded three weeks' worth of episodes prior to it on August 10th.
This is the third one.

*Staff note: As such, there will not be any discussions about the concert yet.
Please note that a special featuring thoughts from fans will be done at a later date.

HARUNA: So, this week we'll just be reading a bunch of messages. Getting started right away...

Harupon

Your previous discussion about theme parks was intense!
I'm from Kyoto, and I had gone to "Parque" [Shima Spain Village ] in Mie Prefecture for an elementary school trip!
I thought it was as famous as Universal Studios, so as I was listening I thought, "Eh? There are people who don't know about it?"
Also, a place that I went often as a child was an amusement park called Dreamland in Nara, which RINA likely knows about.
It seems that it's closed now, but I remember the caterpillar roller coaster than even  children could ride.

HARUNA: Parque...

TOMOMI: Spain Village.

HARUNA: It seems that we got a bunch of messages about Parque.

RINA: Let's keep reading them.

TOMOMI: There are many people who have a strong love for Parque.

HARUNA: And what about Nara Dreamland??

RINA: I never went but did hear about it.

HARUNA: It's already closed down.

RINA: Seems like it... But looking on Google, the search term "Nara Dreamland ghost" pops up...

HARUNA: Eh...that's scary (laughs).

RINA: I'm kind of concerned...

TOMOMI: Was there a haunted house there?

RINA: No, it might be that the ruins are haunted.

HARUNA: As in right now, right?

RINA: Yeah〜.

HARUNA: Ah〜. They said they remember the caterpillar roller coaster.

RINA: It's nice to have an attachment to local theme parks.

HARUNA: It's because you have memories of going with your family.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 7OcVVd9

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 78

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 EVS7VFx
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 ZUDTqyl

•The episode starts with this.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says that when they hear the band talk about Parque, they thought of the Kobe performance of SCANDAL's arena tour in December 2015 - apparently, they had sang the song for Parque aired during commercials. RINA laughs and goes, "We did do that!" while TOMO wonders if they did in fact do that. She reads the last part of the message, which the listener mentions how the band has said they've been talking about the same kinds of things for the past 15 years, and says that they really do talk about the same things. The band laughs very hard at this. HARU wonders the same thing about them singing the Parque song during that performance. RINA says again that they did do that, and the others wonder why they did that, especially since the performance was in Kobe (Hyogo Prefecture) and Parque is in Mie Prefecture (about four hours via car). RINA says that the fans requested them to do so. TOMO, who is from Hyogo Prefecture, says that commercials for Parque don't air there (or at least in her hometown of Kakogawa), which RINA is surprised about. HARU says that TOMO didn't know about Parque before that, after all. HARU then says that she does seem to have memories about them singing the song, but TOMO says she has none at all. RINA says that they listened to the song on YouTube before the concert and memorized its harmony. TOMO goes, "Ehhh??" HARU wonders what kind of commerc ial it was that they watched. She says that they certainly did sing the song, and RINA corrects her and says, "We covered it." She laughs while HARU goes, "You call that a cover??" RINA says she wants people who have never heard the song before to Google and listen to it - they'll probably start wanting to sing along to it (TOMO: "You'll want to harmonize with it").

•MAMI says that she wants people to listen to the theme song for Shirakaba Resort . RINA asks how that one goes. MAMI is surprised and wonders if they don't show commercials for that in the Kansai area. RINA says that she might recognize it if she hears it. HARU starts singing it and TOMO seems to recognize it, but she isn't sure if it's something she heard on TV, or if it's something she heard HARU and MAMI singing it. RINA thinks that they must know about it via hearing the two of them singing it. TOMO says that they've learned a lot of things from each other due to them being together for 15 years, and that she hasn't really seen local commercials aired in Aichi Prefecture (where HARU and MAMI are from) but she knows all about them because of HARU and MAMI. RINA agrees with this. TOMO reads another part of the message where the listeners asks them to talk about the same things 10 years from now too. RINA laughs and says they'll be in their 40s, and MAMI wonders if they'll still be talking about the same things then. HARU says they definitely will. RINA says that she wants the 10 years of their 20s and the 10 years of their 30s to be completely different things. TOMO says that she didn't think they'd still be talking about those things in their 30s, which the others laugh and agree with. HARU says that they should be grouping this with the topic of Parque, though. RINA says that she does want to visit Parque one day. TOMO says that she visited it once, and RINA says that she wants her to bring them along next time. TOMO says that maybe they can do an outing for their fan club serialization there.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who said that TOMO had mentioned in a previous episode that commercials for Parque weren't shown in Hyogo Prefecture, but they say that they do in fact air there. The band all laughs and TOMO goes, "No way!" HARU teases her that she just mentioned earlier this episode that CMs don't air there. RINA reads the rest of the message: the listener says before the pandemic they'd seen a CM for it air at least once a week. RINA says that maybe TOMO just never happened to catch a CM when it aired. TOMO says, "Isn't airing one CM once a week too little?!" RINA laughs and agrees. TOMO says that she doesn't have any memories of seeing a CM for it, and that the first time she learned about Parque was when the band learned the theme song. MAMI says that maybe they aired CMs for it during sentai series/hero series, but TOMO says that she's never watched a sentai-like series even once. HARU asks that includes Ojamajo . TOMO says she did watch that, and wonders if a Parque CM was aired during it. MAMI says that she thinks so. TOMO goes, "Ehhh!" and says again that she learned about it via the other band members. RINA says that maybe TOMO did see CMs but they never piqued her interest, but TOMO says that no one would probably *not* remember a song with such a catchy melody. HARU says she seems like she does like the song, and TOMO says that she loves it and that she wants to sing it right now. RINA says to do so, and TOMO does start singing it. They laugh and then discuss how the lyrics are great - a lyric RINA mentions is it being a place where you seek the sun and songs. TOMO says it's like Cuba. HARU goes, "It's Spain." They laugh and TOMO says the "sun" could also apply to Cuba. HARU says that the island was formely Spanish territory, which TOMO is surprised at and goes, "Oh, really?" They laugh again and HARU says this topic is very interesting/funny, and that there are a lot of messages related to Parque. TOMO jokes and says that all of the messages are only about Parque.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that the roller coaster at the theme park Onokoro that TOMO talked about riding before closed down a while ago and there are things like a zipline and VR games instead. HARU wonders what a zipline is. The others aren't quite sure what it is until they are shown a picture of it and recognize what it is. HARU and MAMI say they'd want to try it.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener from Hyogo who mentions the previous episode about theme parks (TOMO: "All of them really are about Parque!") and says that they used to love going to Hanshin Park , Takarazuka Family Land , and Miroku no Sato in Hiroshima. They ask if TOMO knows about the latter. TOMO says she knows nothing it at all, which the others laugh at. She says that she does feel like she's heard about it before. HARU asks if she knows of the other two parks mentioned, which she doesn't. HARU is surprised, especially when Hanshin Park sounds like it'd be a famous/well-known one [due to how it has 'Hanshin' in its name, the same as the well-known baseball team Hanshin Tigers]. RINA wonders if it's near Koshien Stadium [it is], but thinks she might be wrong. TOMO seemingly Googles the park and reads some info about it, like how it is by Koshien and that it closed a while ago due to the opening of Universal Studios Japan. They Google Family Land, which also seemed to have closed due to the opening of USJ. They say that USJ is way too strong.

•HARU asks the others what theme park they'd like to go to right now. TOMO answers right away that she wants to go to Seibuen Amusement Park . They say it seems like it'd be a fun place to go to. MAMI says that she always wants to go to Fuji Q . HARU says she's never been there before, and TOMO says that she'll drive them over there whenever they'd like. TOMO and MAMI, who have gone quite a few times in the past, say that they've gone on pretty much all of the rides there. MAMI also seemingly looks up new attractions and such there, which seem to be Halloween-themed. RINA asks them what's the most scariest roller coaster they've ever ridden on. TOMO says that it's Fuji-Q's Eejanaika because your legs are dangling in the air/there's no floor. HARU says that the scariest one for her was the same type of roller coaster where your legs are dangling. She says it's one at Six Flags Magic Mountain in the US but doesn't know the name of the ride [it's most likely X2 ].

•HARU reads the last message from a listener who talks about Benyland in Miyagi Prefecture and tells them to visit it. MAMI looks it up and reads something about how you can have an imoni soup party there, which the others say they'd like to do. It will run from September to November but reservations opened up in August; they say they probably won't be able to make it, then. They say the park looks cute and that they'd like to go.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here . I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WvLQhcz

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2022 KFTD @Paris - London - Berlin - Toronto - NY - Anaheim - Dallas - Atlanta
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Looking back on "SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』" while basking in the afterglow!

Episode #79 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WOgfqcu

HARUNA: On August 21st we held our 15th anniversary concert at Osaka-Jo Hall

This week we'll be recording for the first time since that concert, meaning...
We'll just be reading the many messages about concert impressions from everyone.
It's called...
「MY INVITATION 〜Re: 2021.8.21」

RINA: Oh...

TOMOMI: Exactly as is...

MAMI: Yeah...

HARUNA: It's a bit of a serious title.

*Staff's note: It's okay to be serious once in a while!
Thank you for waiting. We'll be introducing as many concert impression messages as possible.

HARUNA: Let's get right to it...

fujippy

Good evening, SCANDAL. Good work on your anniversary concert. It was so satisfying amidst this "new normal" era where what you can do is limited. Thank you very much for the wonderful concert and best night. I'm happy I got to participate.

I've been attending SCANDAL concerts since January 2015, and since that was after your previous OJH concert, my want of seeing you perform there came true. I've attended about 20 SCANDAL concerts per year, so that concert was my 88th one. I'm around 50 years old, so once I attend 100 SCANDAL concerts, I think I will retire from going to concerts. As such, I'm very happy I got to see this concert at OJH.

As for the anniversary concert itself:
I once again realized how charming SCANDAL is, who shows us a great live performance whether it be at live music clubs or arenas. As a person in the video industry myself, I felt the greatness of the videos show on the big screen on stage, and what I was interested in during such a wonderful concert is that you have even more instruments now. There were many new instruments!

Since RINA had posted about her new drum set in advance on Instagram, I was looking forward to seeing the wonderfully colored drums on that day--but I was surprised that everyone else had new gear as well: Timo's pink Jazz Bass, HARUNA's white Telecaster with a stoptail bridge. (The Tele looked like the one used in the "A.M.D.K.J." music video, but it is a different guitar since the headstock is the same color as the body.)

MAMI's Telecaster [Note: It's actually a Stratocaster!] was also new. Is that the Telecaster you used at a previous Fender event? [Note: It's not, as that one was a MiJ Modern Strat, but it is similar in appearance to this new one; we don't know the model of it yet] I saw it several times in magazines and in shots from your Wednesday rehearsals posted on IG, but it was refreshing to see MAMI using it live! I used to play a band when I was a kid, so it's a bad habit for me to be interested in musical instruments live, but I'm also happy to know the evolution of the band via instruments.

Speaking of which, my question about musical instruments was used during the question corner of the HONEY tour in Osaka. That's a good memory for me.

Hard times will still continue on, but I will take the utmost care and participate in up to 100 concerts. I'm looking forward to updating my best concert memories from here on out too. Will I reach 90 concerts if I'm able to get tickets to the joint band tour, I wonder... See you later.

All: Thanks so much!

HARUNA: They said they've seen us live 88 times...

RINA: That's really something... We're grateful.

HARUNA: By all means, please come see over 100 of them.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 HELLO WORLD @ Paris 4.26 London 4.30 Essen 5.15 Chicago 5.20 MEX 5.22 LA 5.23 Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018.9.5 Special Thanks @NY 9.7 SF 9.9 Anaheim 9.12 MTY 9.14 MEX 9.16 TX 2022 KFTD @Paris - London - Berlin - Toronto - NY - Anaheim - Dallas - Atlanta
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 79

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 JmL14t2
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 GbzKHH4

•The episode starts with this. Also, they play the recorded version of "one more time" at the beginning of the episode - you can listen to that here (starts from 1:17).

•TOMO says that they're grateful their instruments are noticed and that it's not a bad habit. As they laugh they basically say to look forward to more info on their instruments at a later date as things aren't completed just yet. MAMI confirms that the new guitar she played at the concert is a different one from the Modern Strat she played before.

•HARU says that the band themselves haven't really gotten a chance yet to talk about the concert together as they had been taking some time off afterwards. First, she asks RINA how the concert was for her. RINA says it made her very happy and that she's thankful fans came out during this tough time. They had put a ton of thought into it all and digested a ton of feelings in their own way before standing on stage, which they then delivered in the form of music--she thinks they were able to convey everything. For her, it was a really great, fun concert. MAMI says that they were able to play a very relaxed set despite being nervous/having a lot of things to be nervous about. She says that she enjoyed everything about it. HARU confirms that they were really relaxed during the concert, which is something she's very glad about.

•TOMO says that it was such a happy time, and that she's happy they got to celebrate their 15th anniversary with everyone despite the COVID situation getting worse around that time. She also mentions how there were a lot of comments from people overseas as well [not that they actually showed overseas comments on screen during the concert lol], and that they've made so many comrades over the past 15 years--that also includes their concert team. She's happy to have a team that they can create concerts together with and entrust everything to. HARU talks about how a lot of overseas fans sent in messages to the program saying that they watched the concert, and that getting to celebrate it with everyone despite all of the time differences made them very happy.

•TOMO says that it's now September but they're still basking in the afterglow of the concert. RINA says that they feel super accomplished. She wonders when's the next time that they'll feel this accomplished. TOMO says that it'll probably be their 20th anniversary. RINA says that that'll come around in no time. Going back to the concert, they again say it was fun and that they're grateful they got to hold it. They talk about how it'll be released on DVD and Blu-ray. RINA says that they'd like everyone--those who attended, those who watched the livestream, and those who did neither of those--to enjoy it while watching it at home.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who wrote this message on way back home from the concert. They say they're grateful the band held this concert, they thank everyone involved, and mention other things that are too hard to understand due to HARU's audio being distorted/muffled. They thank the listener and say they said such nice things.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who say they haven't really been in a mood to listen to music and was unsure whether or not to go to concert in person. They decided at the last minute to since they didn't want to later regret not going. They say it was a lot of fun and say they feel like they can start enjoying music again starting the day following the concert. RINA says she really understands not being in the mood to listen to music, which TOMO and MAMI agree with. She says that she's not sure how that comes off, with them being musicians, but they don't really have a lot of time to listen to other kinds of music and sometimes there isn't any music that fits the current mood they're in. MAMI says that sometimes there's too much new music to listen to that you don't know what exactly to listen to. She also says that she feels she didn't really listen to much music during the pandemic, which RINA and TOMO say is the same for them. RINA says that the act of deciding to go helps the band out a lot and makes them feel grateful.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who had originally had tickets to go see the concert but decided to switch to the livestream due to everything going on. They say they felt sorry about not going in person, but what HARU said during their MCs really helped them out and they even cried. They say that above all, they felt the infinite power of music. HARU says that things that people who switched to the livestream have said regarding merits unique to watching via livestream are things such as being "closer" distance-wise to the band and seeing things you wouldn't normally be able to see, and hearing things like that makes them happy. RINA says that what you see live isn't what it's going to look like on the recorded version, so what you saw live is special in its own way. She also mentions the KFTD livestream last year and how it was their first worldwide livestream = they were really nervous, but this time she looked at the camera more than last year, which she and the band laugh at that. They say that they'll continue reading messages from the listeners next week.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here . I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WvLQhcz

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

"SCANDAL will continue forever!" What are their thoughts on what HARUNA said during their concert?

Episode #80 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 SKp6nny

HARUNA: Even though it's the middle of September we'll still be doing this...

RINA: It's being quite dragged out...

HARUNA: We'll keep reading all of your messages about our 15th anniversary concert.
Titled...
「MY INVITATION 〜Re: 2021.8.21」

HARUNA: Let's get right to it...

Sokonashi Blue Megane

Your concert was the best! I watched the livestream and was so moved that I couldn't stop crying--in particular the flow from the new song "Ao no Naru Yoru no Sukima de" to "Tonight" was amazing! Since "SCANDAL BABY" was the third song played and you had opened with "eternal," I was wondering what the last song would be--that's when you concluded with "Masterpiece." It did feel like SCANDAL is off to a new start. During the MC you guys even said that you "don't know how to quit being a band," so I'm relieved and delighted that I can keep supporting SCANDAL and that you guys will give me strength. I'll support you forever! By the way, when did you do "ILLUSION" during the concert?

RINA: Hm? They didn't notice?

HARUNA: Even though we did do it.

RINA: We did do it during MCs.

MAMI: The number of balls kept growing during "Take Me Out"... Didn't you guys notice?

RINA: We created an illusion without anyone noticing because it was real magic.

TOMOMI: We hear the part where we did the illusion will be cut out for the DVD release.

HARUNA: That's right.

RINA: As expected.

HARUNA: It might have been something fun just for the livestream.

*The staff was also curious to see if they'd remember the tricks they learned...

HARUNA: Also, we did say that we "don't know how to quit being a band."

RINA: It's been a while since we've had this "We'll be doing this forever" feeling, and HARUNA was the one who said those words... For the past few years, especially since starting our label "her," we've been saying how there's no such thing as forever, which is why the present is important and that we want everyone to take a look at who we are right now, and that we'll play the music we want to play right now. That's the truth, and we of course still feel that way. I'm glad that really understood the feeling in her words of "We'll be doing this forever for as long as we're able to."

HARUNA: I thought, "Well, that just popped out of my mouth."

RINA: Totally get that.

HARUNA: Of course we're planning to stay as a band, but we've tried not to make promises... It just unintentionally popped out. But I think that's because I like who the four of us are right now.

RINA: That was really nice.

Back to top Go down
ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just managed to "Catch up" to the latest episode starting from the first one 2 weeks ago. Haha that was a lot to listen to and read. Thank you so so sooooo much TGE for translating the full program here. It's been v helpful! Will definitely be donating soonly. Also planning to send a message to the band now! 
TOMO yoshhh

Back to top Go down