Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

The overflowing "Parque love" sent in by listeners! Things get heated up with the topic of hometown theme parks!

Episode #78 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 VJCvrQI

HARUNA: This week too, on-air wise,
Although our 15th anniversary concert on August 21st has passed,
We recorded three weeks' worth of episodes prior to it on August 10th.
This is the third one.

*Staff note: As such, there will not be any discussions about the concert yet.
Please note that a special featuring thoughts from fans will be done at a later date.

HARUNA: So, this week we'll just be reading a bunch of messages. Getting started right away...

Harupon

Your previous discussion about theme parks was intense!
I'm from Kyoto, and I had gone to "Parque" [Shima Spain Village] in Mie Prefecture for an elementary school trip!
I thought it was as famous as Universal Studios, so as I was listening I thought, "Eh? There are people who don't know about it?"
Also, a place that I went often as a child was an amusement park called Dreamland in Nara, which RINA likely knows about.
It seems that it's closed now, but I remember the caterpillar roller coaster than even  children could ride.

HARUNA: Parque...

TOMOMI: Spain Village.

HARUNA: It seems that we got a bunch of messages about Parque.

RINA: Let's keep reading them.

TOMOMI: There are many people who have a strong love for Parque.

HARUNA: And what about Nara Dreamland??

RINA: I never went but did hear about it.

HARUNA: It's already closed down.

RINA: Seems like it... But looking on Google, the search term "Nara Dreamland ghost" pops up...

HARUNA: Eh...that's scary (laughs).

RINA: I'm kind of concerned...

TOMOMI: Was there a haunted house there?

RINA: No, it might be that the ruins are haunted.

HARUNA: As in right now, right?

RINA: Yeah〜.

HARUNA: Ah〜. They said they remember the caterpillar roller coaster.

RINA: It's nice to have an attachment to local theme parks.

HARUNA: It's because you have memories of going with your family.

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 7OcVVd9

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 78

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 EVS7VFx
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 ZUDTqyl

•The episode starts with this.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says that when they hear the band talk about Parque, they thought of the Kobe performance of SCANDAL's arena tour in December 2015 - apparently, they had sang the song for Parque aired during commercials. RINA laughs and goes, "We did do that!" while TOMO wonders if they did in fact do that. She reads the last part of the message, which the listener mentions how the band has said they've been talking about the same kinds of things for the past 15 years, and says that they really do talk about the same things. The band laughs very hard at this. HARU wonders the same thing about them singing the Parque song during that performance. RINA says again that they did do that, and the others wonder why they did that, especially since the performance was in Kobe (Hyogo Prefecture) and Parque is in Mie Prefecture (about four hours via car). RINA says that the fans requested them to do so. TOMO, who is from Hyogo Prefecture, says that commercials for Parque don't air there (or at least in her hometown of Kakogawa), which RINA is surprised about. HARU says that TOMO didn't know about Parque before that, after all. HARU then says that she does seem to have memories about them singing the song, but TOMO says she has none at all. RINA says that they listened to the song on YouTube before the concert and memorized its harmony. TOMO goes, "Ehhh??" HARU wonders what kind of commerc ial it was that they watched. She says that they certainly did sing the song, and RINA corrects her and says, "We covered it." She laughs while HARU goes, "You call that a cover??" RINA says she wants people who have never heard the song before to Google and listen to it - they'll probably start wanting to sing along to it (TOMO: "You'll want to harmonize with it").

•MAMI says that she wants people to listen to the theme song for Shirakaba Resort. RINA asks how that one goes. MAMI is surprised and wonders if they don't show commercials for that in the Kansai area. RINA says that she might recognize it if she hears it. HARU starts singing it and TOMO seems to recognize it, but she isn't sure if it's something she heard on TV, or if it's something she heard HARU and MAMI singing it. RINA thinks that they must know about it via hearing the two of them singing it. TOMO says that they've learned a lot of things from each other due to them being together for 15 years, and that she hasn't really seen local commercials aired in Aichi Prefecture (where HARU and MAMI are from) but she knows all about them because of HARU and MAMI. RINA agrees with this. TOMO reads another part of the message where the listeners asks them to talk about the same things 10 years from now too. RINA laughs and says they'll be in their 40s, and MAMI wonders if they'll still be talking about the same things then. HARU says they definitely will. RINA says that she wants the 10 years of their 20s and the 10 years of their 30s to be completely different things. TOMO says that she didn't think they'd still be talking about those things in their 30s, which the others laugh and agree with. HARU says that they should be grouping this with the topic of Parque, though. RINA says that she does want to visit Parque one day. TOMO says that she visited it once, and RINA says that she wants her to bring them along next time. TOMO says that maybe they can do an outing for their fan club serialization there.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who said that TOMO had mentioned in a previous episode that commercials for Parque weren't shown in Hyogo Prefecture, but they say that they do in fact air there. The band all laughs and TOMO goes, "No way!" HARU teases her that she just mentioned earlier this episode that CMs don't air there. RINA reads the rest of the message: the listener says before the pandemic they'd seen a CM for it air at least once a week. RINA says that maybe TOMO just never happened to catch a CM when it aired. TOMO says, "Isn't airing one CM once a week too little?!" RINA laughs and agrees. TOMO says that she doesn't have any memories of seeing a CM for it, and that the first time she learned about Parque was when the band learned the theme song. MAMI says that maybe they aired CMs for it during sentai series/hero series, but TOMO says that she's never watched a sentai-like series even once. HARU asks that includes Ojamajo. TOMO says she did watch that, and wonders if a Parque CM was aired during it. MAMI says that she thinks so. TOMO goes, "Ehhh!" and says again that she learned about it via the other band members. RINA says that maybe TOMO did see CMs but they never piqued her interest, but TOMO says that no one would probably *not* remember a song with such a catchy melody. HARU says she seems like she does like the song, and TOMO says that she loves it and that she wants to sing it right now. RINA says to do so, and TOMO does start singing it. They laugh and then discuss how the lyrics are great - a lyric RINA mentions is it being a place where you seek the sun and songs. TOMO says it's like Cuba. HARU goes, "It's Spain." They laugh and TOMO says the "sun" could also apply to Cuba. HARU says that the island was formely Spanish territory, which TOMO is surprised at and goes, "Oh, really?" They laugh again and HARU says this topic is very interesting/funny, and that there are a lot of messages related to Parque. TOMO jokes and says that all of the messages are only about Parque.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that the roller coaster at the theme park Onokoro that TOMO talked about riding before closed down a while ago and there are things like a zipline and VR games instead. HARU wonders what a zipline is. The others aren't quite sure what it is until they are shown a picture of it and recognize what it is. HARU and MAMI say they'd want to try it.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener from Hyogo who mentions the previous episode about theme parks (TOMO: "All of them really are about Parque!") and says that they used to love going to Hanshin Park, Takarazuka Family Land, and Miroku no Sato in Hiroshima. They ask if TOMO knows about the latter. TOMO says she knows nothing it at all, which the others laugh at. She says that she does feel like she's heard about it before. HARU asks if she knows of the other two parks mentioned, which she doesn't. HARU is surprised, especially when Hanshin Park sounds like it'd be a famous/well-known one [due to how it has 'Hanshin' in its name, the same as the well-known baseball team Hanshin Tigers]. RINA wonders if it's near Koshien Stadium [it is], but thinks she might be wrong. TOMO seemingly Googles the park and reads some info about it, like how it is by Koshien and that it closed a while ago due to the opening of Universal Studios Japan. They Google Family Land, which also seemed to have closed due to the opening of USJ. They say that USJ is way too strong.

•HARU asks the others what theme park they'd like to go to right now. TOMO answers right away that she wants to go to Seibuen Amusement Park. They say it seems like it'd be a fun place to go to. MAMI says that she always wants to go to Fuji Q. HARU says she's never been there before, and TOMO says that she'll drive them over there whenever they'd like. TOMO and MAMI, who have gone quite a few times in the past, say that they've gone on pretty much all of the rides there. MAMI also seemingly looks up new attractions and such there, which seem to be Halloween-themed. RINA asks them what's the most scariest roller coaster they've ever ridden on. TOMO says that it's Fuji-Q's Eejanaika because your legs are dangling in the air/there's no floor. HARU says that the scariest one for her was the same type of roller coaster where your legs are dangling. She says it's one at Six Flags Magic Mountain in the US but doesn't know the name of the ride [it's most likely X2].

•HARU reads the last message from a listener who talks about Benyland in Miyagi Prefecture and tells them to visit it. MAMI looks it up and reads something about how you can have an imoni soup party there, which the others say they'd like to do. It will run from September to November but reservations opened up in August; they say they probably won't be able to make it, then. They say the park looks cute and that they'd like to go.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 6WYlmoJ front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WvLQhcz

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Looking back on "SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』" while basking in the afterglow!

Episode #79 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WOgfqcu

HARUNA: On August 21st we held our 15th anniversary concert at Osaka-Jo Hall

This week we'll be recording for the first time since that concert, meaning...
We'll just be reading the many messages about concert impressions from everyone.
It's called...
「MY INVITATION 〜Re: 2021.8.21」

RINA: Oh...

TOMOMI: Exactly as is...

MAMI: Yeah...

HARUNA: It's a bit of a serious title.

*Staff's note: It's okay to be serious once in a while!
Thank you for waiting. We'll be introducing as many concert impression messages as possible.

HARUNA: Let's get right to it...

fujippy

Good evening, SCANDAL. Good work on your anniversary concert. It was so satisfying amidst this "new normal" era where what you can do is limited. Thank you very much for the wonderful concert and best night. I'm happy I got to participate.

I've been attending SCANDAL concerts since January 2015, and since that was after your previous OJH concert, my want of seeing you perform there came true. I've attended about 20 SCANDAL concerts per year, so that concert was my 88th one. I'm around 50 years old, so once I attend 100 SCANDAL concerts, I think I will retire from going to concerts. As such, I'm very happy I got to see this concert at OJH.

As for the anniversary concert itself:
I once again realized how charming SCANDAL is, who shows us a great live performance whether it be at live music clubs or arenas. As a person in the video industry myself, I felt the greatness of the videos show on the big screen on stage, and what I was interested in during such a wonderful concert is that you have even more instruments now. There were many new instruments!

Since RINA had posted about her new drum set in advance on Instagram, I was looking forward to seeing the wonderfully colored drums on that day--but I was surprised that everyone else had new gear as well: Timo's pink Jazz Bass, HARUNA's white Telecaster with a stoptail bridge. (The Tele looked like the one used in the "A.M.D.K.J." music video, but it is a different guitar since the headstock is the same color as the body.)

MAMI's Telecaster [Note: It's actually a Stratocaster!] was also new. Is that the Telecaster you used at a previous Fender event? [Note: It's not, as that one was a MiJ Modern Strat, but it is similar in appearance to this new one; we don't know the model of it yet] I saw it several times in magazines and in shots from your Wednesday rehearsals posted on IG, but it was refreshing to see MAMI using it live! I used to play a band when I was a kid, so it's a bad habit for me to be interested in musical instruments live, but I'm also happy to know the evolution of the band via instruments.

Speaking of which, my question about musical instruments was used during the question corner of the HONEY tour in Osaka. That's a good memory for me.

Hard times will still continue on, but I will take the utmost care and participate in up to 100 concerts. I'm looking forward to updating my best concert memories from here on out too. Will I reach 90 concerts if I'm able to get tickets to the joint band tour, I wonder... See you later.

All: Thanks so much!

HARUNA: They said they've seen us live 88 times...

RINA: That's really something... We're grateful.

HARUNA: By all means, please come see over 100 of them.

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 79

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 JmL14t2
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 GbzKHH4

•The episode starts with this. Also, they play the recorded version of "one more time" at the beginning of the episode - you can listen to that here (starts from 1:17).

•TOMO says that they're grateful their instruments are noticed and that it's not a bad habit. As they laugh they basically say to look forward to more info on their instruments at a later date as things aren't completed just yet. MAMI confirms that the new guitar she played at the concert is a different one from the Modern Strat she played before.

•HARU says that the band themselves haven't really gotten a chance yet to talk about the concert together as they had been taking some time off afterwards. First, she asks RINA how the concert was for her. RINA says it made her very happy and that she's thankful fans came out during this tough time. They had put a ton of thought into it all and digested a ton of feelings in their own way before standing on stage, which they then delivered in the form of music--she thinks they were able to convey everything. For her, it was a really great, fun concert. MAMI says that they were able to play a very relaxed set despite being nervous/having a lot of things to be nervous about. She says that she enjoyed everything about it. HARU confirms that they were really relaxed during the concert, which is something she's very glad about.

•TOMO says that it was such a happy time, and that she's happy they got to celebrate their 15th anniversary with everyone despite the COVID situation getting worse around that time. She also mentions how there were a lot of comments from people overseas as well [not that they actually showed overseas comments on screen during the concert lol], and that they've made so many comrades over the past 15 years--that also includes their concert team. She's happy to have a team that they can create concerts together with and entrust everything to. HARU talks about how a lot of overseas fans sent in messages to the program saying that they watched the concert, and that getting to celebrate it with everyone despite all of the time differences made them very happy.

•TOMO says that it's now September but they're still basking in the afterglow of the concert. RINA says that they feel super accomplished. She wonders when's the next time that they'll feel this accomplished. TOMO says that it'll probably be their 20th anniversary. RINA says that that'll come around in no time. Going back to the concert, they again say it was fun and that they're grateful they got to hold it. They talk about how it'll be released on DVD and Blu-ray. RINA says that they'd like everyone--those who attended, those who watched the livestream, and those who did neither of those--to enjoy it while watching it at home.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who wrote this message on way back home from the concert. They say they're grateful the band held this concert, they thank everyone involved, and mention other things that are too hard to understand due to HARU's audio being distorted/muffled. They thank the listener and say they said such nice things.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who say they haven't really been in a mood to listen to music and was unsure whether or not to go to concert in person. They decided at the last minute to since they didn't want to later regret not going. They say it was a lot of fun and say they feel like they can start enjoying music again starting the day following the concert. RINA says she really understands not being in the mood to listen to music, which TOMO and MAMI agree with. She says that she's not sure how that comes off, with them being musicians, but they don't really have a lot of time to listen to other kinds of music and sometimes there isn't any music that fits the current mood they're in. MAMI says that sometimes there's too much new music to listen to that you don't know what exactly to listen to. She also says that she feels she didn't really listen to much music during the pandemic, which RINA and TOMO say is the same for them. RINA says that the act of deciding to go helps the band out a lot and makes them feel grateful.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who had originally had tickets to go see the concert but decided to switch to the livestream due to everything going on. They say they felt sorry about not going in person, but what HARU said during their MCs really helped them out and they even cried. They say that above all, they felt the infinite power of music. HARU says that things that people who switched to the livestream have said regarding merits unique to watching via livestream are things such as being "closer" distance-wise to the band and seeing things you wouldn't normally be able to see, and hearing things like that makes them happy. RINA says that what you see live isn't what it's going to look like on the recorded version, so what you saw live is special in its own way. She also mentions the KFTD livestream last year and how it was their first worldwide livestream = they were really nervous, but this time she looked at the camera more than last year, which she and the band laugh at that. They say that they'll continue reading messages from the listeners next week.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 6WYlmoJ front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

"SCANDAL will continue forever!" What are their thoughts on what HARUNA said during their concert?

Episode #80 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 SKp6nny

HARUNA: Even though it's the middle of September we'll still be doing this...

RINA: It's being quite dragged out...

HARUNA: We'll keep reading all of your messages about our 15th anniversary concert.
Titled...
「MY INVITATION 〜Re: 2021.8.21」

HARUNA: Let's get right to it...

Sokonashi Blue Megane

Your concert was the best! I watched the livestream and was so moved that I couldn't stop crying--in particular the flow from the new song "Ao no Naru Yoru no Sukima de" to "Tonight" was amazing! Since "SCANDAL BABY" was the third song played and you had opened with "eternal," I was wondering what the last song would be--that's when you concluded with "Masterpiece." It did feel like SCANDAL is off to a new start. During the MC you guys even said that you "don't know how to quit being a band," so I'm relieved and delighted that I can keep supporting SCANDAL and that you guys will give me strength. I'll support you forever! By the way, when did you do "ILLUSION" during the concert?

RINA: Hm? They didn't notice?

HARUNA: Even though we did do it.

RINA: We did do it during MCs.

MAMI: The number of balls kept growing during "Take Me Out"... Didn't you guys notice?

RINA: We created an illusion without anyone noticing because it was real magic.

TOMOMI: We hear the part where we did the illusion will be cut out for the DVD release.

HARUNA: That's right.

RINA: As expected.

HARUNA: It might have been something fun just for the livestream.

*The staff was also curious to see if they'd remember the tricks they learned...

HARUNA: Also, we did say that we "don't know how to quit being a band."

RINA: It's been a while since we've had this "We'll be doing this forever" feeling, and HARUNA was the one who said those words... For the past few years, especially since starting our label "her," we've been saying how there's no such thing as forever, which is why the present is important and that we want everyone to take a look at who we are right now, and that we'll play the music we want to play right now. That's the truth, and we of course still feel that way. I'm glad that really understood the feeling in her words of "We'll be doing this forever for as long as we're able to."

HARUNA: I thought, "Well, that just popped out of my mouth."

RINA: Totally get that.

HARUNA: Of course we're planning to stay as a band, but we've tried not to make promises... It just unintentionally popped out. But I think that's because I like who the four of us are right now.

RINA: That was really nice.

Back to top Go down
ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just managed to "Catch up" to the latest episode starting from the first one 2 weeks ago. Haha that was a lot to listen to and read. Thank you so so sooooo much TGE for translating the full program here. It's been v helpful! Will definitely be donating soonly. Also planning to send a message to the band now! 
TOMO yoshhh

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 80

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 DUQ2HR6
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WOZEQ6i

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who asks them about their outfits and why they went with white tops layered over black. TOMO says that since they worked with the company NAKED again (like they did for SEASONS last year) and had them make videos, they wanted to wear something that had no color in it/something that wouldn't get in the way of the videos, which is why they went with white. RINA says that they told their long-time stylist about the color and what they wanted, and gave him freedom to pick whatever he thought would work best since they believe in his fashion sense.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who attended the concert in person and attended a concert with their girlfriend for the first time. When he asked her what she thought afterwards, she said she was glad they both got to go together but wishes she was more on his left side (referencing the lyrics to "Kinenbi"; You have a cute girl - Who looks good on your left side), and he says that his heart wouldn't stop pounding. The others go, "That's so cute!" (TOMO: "I'd want to date that girl, too - That's too cute").

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who attended the concert in person and went with her significant other. She says that her SO basically only somewhat knew of the band members' names before it, but attending the concert made them a fan of the band and they'll keep attending SCANDAL concerts together. HARU says that hearing someone becoming a fan of them after seeing them live makes them most happy. RINA wonders if they've memorized the band members' names. MAMI laughs and says they don't need to know them - it's enough to listen to their music. RINA says they should at least know what instruments are played in the band (like guitar, drums). HARU says that it's fine to just know that there are four members. RINA says, "That's such a low bar!"

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who got into SCANDAL because of their ex-boyfriend; she wanted to like the same things that he did. They also attended SCANDAL concerts together. In no time she fell in love with both him and SCANDAL. They dated for four and a half years, but he dumped her after telling her he was interested in someone else. Since then, she's done stuff like joined SCANDAL's fan club, watched their livestream last year, and attended their fan club tour earlier this year (their first time seeing SCANDAL alone). She says that the OJH performance this year was also something special for her. The first place she and her ex traveled to was Osaka five and a half years ago, and although they had planned to visit OJH, they enjoyed the aquarium too much and wouldn't be able to make it to their flight on time, so they decided to visit it the next time they were in Osaka. So, her deciding to go to OJH for this anniversary concert was very meaningful for her. However, she decided not to go in person due to everything going on and instead watched it at home with a good friend. After the friend went home, she thought about the concert and her ex and started to cry. She then thought she needed to properly end things with her ex, so one week later she contacted him, saying that she can't move forward so she's erasing his contact info and that she doesn't plan on seeing him again, so take care (reference to "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne"). He then told her that he had gotten married the previous month. She says she didn't really want to say it but thought she had to, so she thanked him for everything and things are truly over between them now. She doesn't know how many more years will pass until she gets married herself or if she even will get married, but she wants to be able to tell her ex from the bottom of her heart that she wishes him happiness and to congratulate him on his marriage. She thanks SCANDAL for the precious moments with her ex. HARU says she's happy the listener is still a fan of SCANDAL. RINA says she thinks it's really nice when a woman can say goodbye to their ex without hating them as it means they can move forward. They're really strong for choosing their own way of living. MAMI says, "Why not marry SCANDAL? We're not going anywhere," which they all laugh at. TOMO says she hopes the listener finds someone whom she loves just as much as her ex.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who livestreamed the concert, though they did want to attend in person and apologize for not doing so due to the pandemic. They say they hope to see SCANDAL's next performance at OJH in person. The band says that there was no correct/incorrect choice for attending/watching the concert, and that the next time they play there they hope to have it completely filled (since the rules are that crowds of no more than 5,000 can gather).

•RINA reads the next message from a female listener in her 50's who has known about SCANDAL for about 10 years now. Her boyfriend at the time was a fan and had her listen to their songs as well. He went to SCANDAL's first concert at OJH in 2013 by himself, but they decided that they'd both go together to their next concert there in 2014. However, he passed away before the concert and she ended up going with a friend instead. When she heard about the 15th anniversary concert she had been thinking of going in person and carrying on the sentiment of her bf but ultimately decided to watch the livestream instead due to the pandemic. She enjoyed the concert while thinking of him and thinking of how he definitely would have wanted attend more than she did. She thanks them and says that she wants to keep going to their concerts and carrying on his sentiments. TOMO says that you really don't know when your time will be up. HARU says it's amazing that the listener has kept being a fan of theirs for all this time. RINA talks about how this listener's been living their life while being rewarded and being saved by their late bf's spirit, and that she's been having fun at their concerts with his sentiments by her side this whole time. She also says that this message really conveys how thoughtful the listener is, and that she thought of how she wants to keep bequeathing music while remembering that all kinds of people are watching them while feeling all kinds of things. TOMO says that it's a given that they want to keep being a band forever--they said during their MC that they don't know how to quit, after all--but they don't know what'll happen in the future, and of course the same can also be said for their fans. No one knows what the future holds, and it's possible that a fan might start disliking SCANDAL tomorrow. She says that the pandemic has made them feel that they really need to cherish the spaces where they're able to see their fans. MAMI says that she's sure the bf was right alongside the listener as she was watching the livestream, and if the bf was still around then it's possible he may also have made the choice to watch the livestream instead of attending in person. She also says they'd like for everyone to come out to a concert of theirs at OJH if a well-prepared system is achieved one day. TOMO says that they need to continue being a good band, which the others agree with. They thank the listener for telling them all this, and that they want them to keep following them.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who attended the concert in person, and who says that the first SCANDAL song they heard was "Departure," which they happened to hear seven years ago when they were a middle schooler. When they heard it live at the concert, they felt super emotional. They also say how they've been playing the bass for a year now, and seeing TOMO playing live made them want to get better at it. They mention that they're currently trying to play the octave in "SCANDAL BABY." HARU says that when you hear live the first song you hear from an artist, it totally can make you cry. TOMO says that they'll be able to suddenly play that octave one day. She says that playing octaves is pretty tiring--it's something you need stamina for, but you'll suddenly be able to play it one day. MAMI asks if that means that after not being able to play it, that one day they will just suddenly be able to play it. TOMO says yes, and RINA says it's like that with instruments; you're not able to play something, but then you sleep on it and absorb it all, and the next day you wake up and will feel like you'll be able to play it. TOMO tells them to get a lot of sleep. MAMI says that if they keep repeating that (try to play, sleep), they'll be able to play one day. They say not to give up and to keep going.

#front-page #catchup

lol in the most recent episode posted yesterday (#81) they read my message about how their English title for "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" is a bit Engrishy ("Association of Borderline on Catch up" is its 'official' title in English) HARU lol  Will be translating that soon haha

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow, you're a star! You without a doubt contribute to their continuing popularity overseas. Of course the music helps a lot too, ha ha, but I'm serious. Translating them for everyone is really appreciated.
I remember hearing them trying not to laugh when reading my message written in "Nihongoogle". It was pretty embarrassing. I hope they found your message helpful. I guess we'll find out soon, eh? It seems like they talked about it for a while..
On a side note, I used to have some military surplus pants/trousers. They were labeled "Pants, fatigue, tropical, rip-stop". Japanese sentence structure reminds me of that.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

HARUNA is absent!? The super-rare trio pairing holds the sixth "Fine Line Association"!

Episode #81 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 Th9ADyZ

TOMOMI: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's bassist TOMOMI

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI

RINA: And drummer RINA. SCANDAL 「Catch up」...
This week...
Since HARUNA has another job on her schedule and is not here today,
For the first time the three of us will be bringing you an episode.

TOMOMI: The four of us have done it this entire time. This is the first time one of us isn't present for it...

RINA: Yeah.

MAMI: The first and last, right? A super-rare episode.

TOMOMI: But isn't it okay to do with even two people?

RINA: Or even one person.

TOMOMI: HARU's the only one who's done speaking jobs alone.

RINA: Well, let's just be flexible from here on.

TOMOMI: Are we going to be okay...

MAMI: Dunno; we can't guarantee that.

TOMOMI: It's at times like these when we think, "HARU, thank you for all that you do."

MAMI: Rightー? When we know she won't be here, we're like, "Eh, what do we do..."

TOMOMI: We're really not used to it.

RINA: The script says that we should talk about HARUNA due to this rare chance... Telling us that out of the blue puts us in a bind...

MAMI: But HARU-chan doesn't know what we're talking about right now, so she'll listen to the airing of it.

TOMOMI: That's true.

RINA: We'll be bringing you this episode while also inserting a few discussions about HARU.

So yes, this week's episode features the three of us for the first time. We'll be bringing this to you as a trio for the first time.
This never really happens, so we don't know how it'll be...

RINA: Now then, this week we'll be doing everyone's favorite "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" (Fine Line Association).

TOMOMI: We'll be holding the sixth regular meeting for it.

MAMI: There's a fine line among all things that seems like it does not exist.
The line is different depending on the person and area.
Let's seriously consider this "fine line."
That is the "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai."
Association of Borderline on Catch up
Or for short, 「ABC」

RINA: There are three items on the agenda.

1. An apology
2. Opinions from the members regarding topics
3. A new "fine line topic"

Are what they are.

Let's get right to the first one, an apology.
...an apology??

MAMI: As in an apology message?

TOMOMI: We've received this message...

Jade

Good evening, SCANDAL!

You guys may already know this, but I've been translating stuff like SCANDAL's lyrics and blogs to English for 11 years now for overseas fans. I of course also make sure to translate "Catch up" every week! I can't say for sure, but perhaps a reason why you guys get so many messages from overseas listeners is because of those translations. If so, that would make me very happy, too. I'll keep working hard on translating!

Also, I always enjoy listening to "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai," but I would like to talk about its English title. In episode 58 when TOMO said, "It sounds good in Japanese as 'Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai'; why bother to put it in English?", RINA answered, "But we have a lot of overseas listeners."

The "ABC" abbreviation certainly is cool, but actually, the title's a little unnatural in English! As a native English speaker, when I hear "Association of Borderline," I think, "Eh, what does that mean? Like, what is the connection between two borderlines?"

It's a little hard to explain, but I think it has something to do with how "Association" is the first word that is used and not the last one. By doing so, the meaning of "Association" becomes "relationship/connection."

If you were to translate it more accurately, it would be closer to "Borderline Association," or "Fine Line Association" (I personally like this one the best).

Yes, the well-fitting title of "ABC" is in danger of survival...
Whether or not to change its English title of the segment is the "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" on that fine line.

hahaha. I've been saying from the start that their official English title for the segment is a bit Engrishy/unnatural. I finally decided to send this message about it to them about two months ago, though maybe I should have done so when they first named it back in January HARU lol

Back to top Go down

Wait, trio pairing? Is that a thing?
Posted Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:21 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Maybe "Ascertaining the Borderline on Catch-up"
or "Assigning the Borderline on Catch-up"
or "Ascribing the Borderline on Catch-up"
or "Applying a Borderline on Catch-up"
or "Articulating the Borderline on Catch-up"
That's all I got.
No wait, there's more. If it's a single act each time rather than an ongoing process, they could use
"Assign the Borderline on Catch-up"  That would make sense, and be more easy to say. Which is borderline condescending / considerate.

Last edited by hogradish on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : afterthought)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
TGE you are amazing! I'm pretty confident 90% of overseas comments are thanks to this thread and your work.

I want to check something. All the translations for Catch up are being split into a blog and then the main episode. Could you help me with where I should be looking for the original blog updates posted by the band? Is that something they release before the airing or along with it like a teaser? Is it exclusive content? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

ankur_chipps wrote:I'm pretty confident 90% of overseas comments are thanks to this thread

I kind of hate to quantify it, but since basically every overseas comment that's been featured on the program so far has confirmed been from SH members, it's probably more like 99%  MAMI wink

Could you help me with where I should be looking for the original blog updates posted by the band? Is that something they release before the airing or along with it like a teaser?

I post the source every time - check the bottom of those posts for the links. front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 270c The blogs are public and are always posted a few hours before an episode goes up.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 81

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 HKf9KUH
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 Tb4P6YH

•I'll break down my message and what the band says 😂 TOMO reads my message and gets to this line:

Also, I always enjoy listening to "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai," but I would like to talk about its English title.

MAMI laughs, RINA goes, "Ehh??!", and TOMO goes, "Hold on a sec!" MAMI wonders if this is about a correction.

In episode 58 when TOMO said, "It sounds good in Japanese as 'Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai'; why bother to put it in English?", RINA answered, "But we have a lot of overseas listeners."

The "ABC" abbreviation certainly is cool, but actually, the title's a little unnatural in English!

The staff is heard laughing loudly in the background while RINA goes, "Is that so?!" and TOMO goes, "Ah, this is embarrassing!" RINA says, "It turned out to sound a little weird, huh..." MAMI goes, "How many episodes have we been doing this for??" while she, TOMO, and the staff laugh.

As a native English speaker, when I hear "Association of Borderline," I think, "Eh, what does that mean? Like, what is the connection between two borderlines?"

It's a little hard to explain, but I think it has something to do with how "Association" is the first word that is used and not the last one. By doing so, the meaning of "Association" becomes "relationship/connection."

If you were to translate it more accurately, it would be closer to "Borderline Association," or "Fine Line Association" (I personally like this one the best).

Sorry this is super long, and that it's English lesson-like (haha). At any rate, I'll keep looking forward to future "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" episodes! I'll always be supporting you from LA!

The three of them say thanks and RINA laughs again. TOMO goes, "We've had this title up for such a long time..." One of the staffers says something inaudible in the background, but it makes another staffer laugh loudly and also makes TOMO say that Google Translate does come out with funny/amusing translations once in a while [the staffer probably said something like they got that original English title from Google Translate lol]. RINA says that it can come out with unnatural sounding Japanese as well. TOMO says that it did indeed come out unnatural this time. She also goes, "Isn't Jade's top recommendation best?", which is "Fine Line Association." She says that the abbreviation would then be "FLA," which makes them and the staff laugh. RINA says thanks for telling them about this. TOMO says that starting today they'll be going with that title 😂 (RINA: "Sorry about it all so far!" - TOMO: "We're really sorry!"). MAMI says that people probably were frustrated that the title was the way it was, and were listening to the past episodes while thinking, "That's incorrect..." TOMO goes, "Let's keep this from HARU, okay?", which makes everyone laugh super hard. She continues, "When HARU will say, 'It's ABC for short,' we'll be like, 'No, it's not. It's FLA.'"

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says they enjoy listening to the "ABC" segment. The band immediately laughs and goes, "No, that's not it! We just talked about how it's now 'FLA'!" The listener says that they're writing in for the "perseverance vs. endurance" (我慢と辛抱) topic, which is the topic the band had asked listeners to write in for last time. They say that "perseverance" is like holding off from eating ice cream late at night and waiting to eat it with your family after they get back home--you control your emotions for momentary desires. "Endurance" is like studying to get into college, or putting up with a hot summer for a little longer--you see things in the long run and strive for a positive future. In other words, they think that "perseverance" is short-term while "endurance" is long-term. They say that things like this make them feel that Japanese is a pretty difficult language. They also say that they're looking forward to the next "meeting" and that they would like a segment sticker. The band says they really agree with what the listener said, and that was basically the 'correct' answer. They say that they do have the stickers on hand and will be giving them to everyone whose message was read [Can confirm: They did send me a sticker haha].

•MAMI, who is set to read the next message, goes, "Eh??" RINA also goes, "Eh?", and since there's silence from MAMI, she asks her what's up. MAMI laughs and starts reading it and goes, "Manga... Hm?? Ma--hold on a sec. Manga...I'll just read it." The listener talks about the differences by using onomatopoeia used in manga. "Perseverance" would be like "gugaga" [? Maybe like this lol], and "endurance" would be like "gununu." They say that training scenes are basically like that. RINA goes, "That's all it says??" MAMI says yes. TOMO says that was kind of scary. They say that what the listener says could be true. MAMI says they'll go with it, and they all laugh.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says they think "perseverance" is when you hold back your own desires, which are things that come about internally, and "endurance" is when you withstand external things, such as when you're feeling pressured. They also say that they think onomatopoeia has regional differences and ask the band if they could draw the line between onomatopoeia like "karikari," "sakusaku," and "zakuzaku" (they all mean "crunchy/crisp"), and if they could talk more in depth about onomatopoeia. This listener also referencing onomatopoeia makes MAMI go, "That previous listener really is something," which makes them laugh. RINA says that those listeners are very intuitive types. They also agree with what this listener said.

•They then discuss the line between the different onomatopoeia for "crunchy" that the listener asked them about. MAMI says that "zaku" to her is like barisoba where the noodles are crunchy. She says that something like that is neither "saku" nor "kari." RINA says that "saku" is more along the lines of fried stuff like tempura. They also say there's another onomatopoeia that can mean "crunchy/crisp" which is "pari." MAMI says that she thinks that word could be applied to crisp vegetables like lettuce and cabbage. TOMO says it gives off the image of a food being thin and pretty cheap, cost-wise. RINA says that "shaki" can also mean the same thing. MAMI says that there's also "pori." RINA says that it's something you would use for celery, which MAMI agrees with and says you can use it for carrots too. TOMO says that it can be used for basically all stick-like veggies. MAMI says that "saku" could be used for those as well, like for daikon. They say that it seems like there are tons of onomatopoeia that exist in Japanese and too many of them are very nuanced, which makes it hard to say which could be 'correct' for a certain word.

•MAMI wonders what listeners overseas think of these onomatopoeia, and if there are differences in different languages like there are in Japanese. TOMO mentions that there are different onomatopoeia for animal noises as well. The staff seems to say "Jade," and TOMO goes, "Jade can tell us, right?" MAMI goes, "Jade...when you bite into a potato, what sound does it make?" 😂 TOMO says that she wants to know what's the equivalents are in other countries. MAMI says she wonders what it would be like when you bite into fried chicken. They laugh and RINA says that that's hard to say what it would be in Japanese as well. MAMI then says that it could cover all fried foods in general. RINA says that if something like that exists in another language then to tell them about it. TOMO says they should give listeners a few different foods they can talk about. They decide on fried food first. Next, they say veggies but try to pare it down to specific ones. TOMO wonders if should include cabbage. MAMI suggests carrots. RINA suggests veggies that come in stick forms, which are more snappy/firm in texture. They say they'd like to hear what kind of sounds fried food + veggies in stick form (carrots, celery, etc.) make when you bite into them. They laugh and say they've made a new segment/topic to talk about.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who mentions they're a teacher in their first sentence. RINA starts reading the next line about them writing in for the "perseverance vs. endurance" topic when TOMO suddenly yells out, "Hey! Teacher!" RINA laughs and says she forgot about doing that. MAMI says she too forgot. The listener uses Italian soccer examples and says that the terms are both about waiting for something, but the difference lies in whether that waiting is tough or not and thinks that "perseverance" = not too tough while "endurance" = tough. TOMO says that that describing things using soccer was a new way to go about doing so. MAMI says that that's a positive way to look at it. RINA says that that's a cool aspect of Italian culture and that the way those terms can be viewed really depends on the country.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener whose message about proposing the topic "having a lot of hobbies/interests vs. being fickle" was read during episode 61. They say they'd like to thank the band: When they were interviewed during a recruitment exam, the interviewer asked them about their weaknesses and they hastily said they were "wonderfully fickle" (since that's what RINA had about the listener during that episode). The band laughs (RINA: "That's so cute!" - TOMO: "They're too honest!"). The interviewer went, "Ohhh," and nodded, and as a result they passed the test. The band says that it probably surprised the interviewer since it's likely not a phrase they've ever heard before. TOMO says that it was actually due to the listener's own effort that they passed.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who says they had a lot of fun listening to the band's magic shows despite not being able to see what was going on. TOMO says that their listeners are too kind to them. The listener says that they were so inspired that they too started practicing magic. They laugh and MAMI goes, "Even without seeing us visually??" The listener says that they practiced and did a show for their online English conversation teacher in the Philippines who was surprised and was laughing, which makes the listener think it was a success. They say that was something that crossed borderlines, and speaking of borderlines, they ask SCANDAL what the fine line it between cream soda and soda floats. The band wonders what kind of magic the listener performed. TOMO says that it feels like they have a lot of responsibility since so many people seemed to be influenced by the things they do/say. They then discuss the soda topic. MAMI says that a soda float (in Japan) is usually melon soda with ice cream. RINA thinks that they're basically the same thing, which the others agree with. TOMO says that she pictures melon cream soda as having an "aoi" (青い; it can mean either blue or green but it more often used to mean "blue"). RINA specifies that it has a green (緑) image to it with ice cream in it. TOMO says that the ice cream is usually vanilla. MAMI says that that's something that cafes in the past used to, and TOMO adds that it would come with a cherry on top (like this). TOMO then asks what a soda float would be. MAMI says that it's soda with ice cream, which RINA says is the same thing as a soda float. They wonder if the difference is more of a regional thing. RINA says that they call it cream soda in the Kansai region where she's from, and TOMO who's also from there says she too thinks it's called that there. MAMI says that floats are also a thing, as there are other floats like Coke floats and coffee floats. TOMO thinks that soft-serve ice cream is served in floats [not really? lol]. MAMI looks it up and finds a site that says this:
Spoiler:
They sum it up that those terms mean the same thing in Japan, but overseas they refer to two different things.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who wants them to find the fine line between opening an umbrella or keeping it closed. He says that he's "a man who brings the rain," so it's likely to rain when he goes out. Of course you need to open an umbrella when it's pouring, but when it's drizzling he's super unsure of opening it. He says he doesn't want to actively walk around carrying an open one since it's awkward to do so. He says it would be very helpful if the band could help draw that line for him. TOMO says that she also doesn't really like carrying around an open umbrella so she won't open it at all if it's only drizzling. They also say that it depends on where you're going--if for example you were going to a friend's place, you wouldn't show up soaking wet because you didn't want to carry an umbrella. They say to maybe carry a handkerchief or towel around in their bag. The staff seems to say something about how they'd be carrying around more stuff than they would an umbrella, which makes them laugh and they agree. RINA says that one should do whatever they want to.

•They then close out the episode. They again say how they'd like for people to send in messages about how they'd like to hear what kind of sounds fried food + veggies in stick form (carrots, celery, etc.) make when you bite into them. TOMO says that it was a little sad that HARU wasn't on this week, and she won't be on next week either (since they record two episodes in a row). They laugh and say they'll do their best as a trio again next week.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you again for all the hard work TGE!

The episode where they read notes from fans about their 15th anniversary was very touching.

Also thought the three members would take the opportunity to spend the entire Haru-less episode talking about Haru, but seems that wasn't the case much  front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 1f602

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Teaching how to deal with SCANDAL-style tension for this band that's experienced numerous live performances!

Episode #82 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 ZvqU51i

TOMOMI: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's bassist TOMOMI

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI

RINA: And drummer RINA. SCANDAL 「Catch up」...
Like the previous week,
Since HARUNA has another job on her schedule and is not here today,
The three of us will be bringing you this episode.

MAMI: We'll be reading messages this week. While eating snacks.

TOMOMI: There are Yan Yan here!

RINA: So nostalgicー

TOMOMI: I love these. They might be my top favorite.

MAMI: Yan Yan containers are no longer made of paper! They're plastic now...

RINA: They really are.

TOMOMI: Hasn't it been like that for a while?

RINA: It was paper before!

MAMI: Yeah, it was paper! This is the first time I'm noticing it's plastic.

TOMOMI: (*abruptly) "A fun year in Japan to know about! Quiz"
"What is the festival for girls where hina dolls are put on display?"

RINA: Hinamatsuri?

TOMOMI: Correct!

RINA: Eh, that was so simple I'm scared...

TOMOMI: Let's read some messages.

Kurukuru Hitsuji

I have a question for you guys, who have performed many times overseas. I am a middle school teacher...

(*Even though they're in the middle of reading a message)

All: Hey! Teacher!!

(*They continue the message)

I'm bad at speaking in front of others. I'm fine in front of children, but I get very nervous when talking in front of teachers at a meeting or in front of a large number of parents. How does SCANDAL deal with nervousness? I'd like to know if you guys have any solutions.

RINA: A message from a new teacher!

That's right - We've learned that many teachers listen to "Catch up."

RINA: Someone like the listener being okay when in front of students is probably due to them having absolute confidence that stems from teaching something... But when they're in front of adults, they have the same level of understanding and knowledge as them and are therefore nervous.

MAMI: There's also responsibility. Parents will be curious about their children, so they may think a lot about what words they should use. That would make anyone nervous...

TOMOMI: Aren't we also...totally the type to get nervous?

RINA: We really are.

MAMI: Yeah, we really are.

RINA: We're usually nervous enough to be trembling.

TOMOMI: When a concert is to be filmed, we get nervous if we think of how it's going to be recorded. It makes us tremble, the sense of responsibility and pressure of needing to do really do our best...

MAMI: For last year's livestream concert on August 21st, we were so nervous that we had never been more nervous in our lives...

RINA: We were.

TOMOMI: We definitely were.

MAMI: But thanks to the nervousness at that time, it feels like most times we feel nervous is okay.

RINA: Because we felt super nervous last year, on August 21st of this year it was fine for us to overcome it...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 82

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 MuHK4Sk
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 QSzPWvp

•The episode starts with this. They also talk about more stuff like making a routine to make yourself feel more at ease. TOMO says that people often get nervous because they think about any mistakes they could make, and in order to get rid of that you should try preparing so that you won't fail. She then talks about the conscious and the subconscious mind and that we only understand about 10% of the conscious mind. So if you think you're going to mess up, then that 90% will follow along. That's why if you say you can do it, there's a possibility that you can manifest 90% of that. She says that it may just be a sort of good-luck charm you can store in the corners of your heart. RINA jokes and says that their good-luck charm is practicing and that the concert they're going to hold that day is not one that'll be recorded for a DVD, which is why they'll be fine.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener from Yamagata Prefecture who talks about their local amusement park called Lina World. They say that most kids in this prefecture are likely to go here as their first theme park outing. They also tell the band to come out to Yamagata for the delicious foods. MAMI looks it up and says that seems like a proper theme park and even has roller coasters. They say it looks like a lot of fun and the scenery around it also looks nice. RINA says that they've gone to Yamagata to play concerts but haven't been able to go anywhere there during their free time, though they hope they can do so in the future.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener from Chiba Prefecture who is also writing in about their local amusement park, which is the Tokyo Disney Resort. They say there's something they really want to tell the band about the park, which is that many overseas people think that it's located in Tokyo when it's actually located in Chiba (which is one of the prefectures next to Tokyo). They also recommend a place in Chiba called Mother Farm. Its flower fields changes with the seasons and you can see "nanohana" (rapeseed flowers) across it in the spring. They hope that HARUNA in particular can see it these flowers in Japan. TOMO says that HARU did mention the origin of her name before, which RINA clarifies is when they were on tour in Europe (more specifically, when they were traveling to Germany and they passed by a bunch of rapeseed, HARU mentioned those flowers were the origin of her name - 春菜 = rapeseed blooming in the spring - this can be seen in the "HELLO WORLD" documentary). TOMO says that that's her favorite scene of the documentary. Going back to Tokyo Disney Resort, they say that when they were kids they didn't know that it was located in Chiba. They talk about Mother Farm and how they'd like to go. They say it's more of a park than a theme park. The staff says something inaudible and MAMI mentions penguins, which makes TOMO mention that she saw something recently that said that penguins may be aliens. RINA and MAMI laugh and go, "What the heck??" She says she read about it and thought it was cute. They agree that penguins are cute.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who is writing in about something dialect related. They say that they learned a few years ago that しか (shika) is a dialect word for の方が (no hou ga = __ is more...). They also talk about a few more things that don't really translate well to English.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is currently a third-year high schooler but wants to dye hair (hairdresser) when they get to college. They mention how the band changes their hair color often and ask them what each of the members' favorite hair colors or styles were on the other members besides themselves. RINA says that MAMI changes her hair pretty often and often does novel colors. TOMO says she likes MAMI's hairstyle when it was blonde on top and blue at the ends. She wonders what era that was; MAMI says STANDARD [though it could also be Departure lol]. RINA says she likes her hairstyle when it was light purple during their "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de" era. TOMO says that she usually remembers eras and album covers based on MAMI's hairstyles.

•MAMI then tries to think of her favorite hairstyle of HARU's. She says bob-like haircuts suit her [this is basically any time from 2018 to now lol]. TOMO says that she likes HARU's hair short too, specifically during their "HARUKAZE" era. RINA and MAMI both agree that that hairstyle was great on her. The staff asks them something inaudible--possibly something about if they decide on their hairstyles together because TOMO says that they do whatever they want. RINA says they go for balance and change them based on the next song they'll release, though they will do things like make sure three of them aren't blonde all at once. TOMO says try not to do overlapping hair colors. RINA says that they do discuss what hair colors each want to do. MAMI says that they don't really discuss it when they need to have colors touched up and the like.

•They talk about TOMO's hair color next. MAMI says that her favorite is from two years ago during COUNTDOWN JAPAN and TOMO cut her bangs short and had orange in the inner section of her hair. RINA says it's crazy how well short bangs or long bangs suit TOMO, which MAMI agrees with. TOMO says that that's true for everyone, but RINA disagrees with that. TOMO says she had always thought that short bangs didn't really suit her, which RINA says is something she has said, and says that she has basically the same face as her mom and therefore was worried she would end up having the same hairstyle as her mom. RINA says that there was a time a long while ago when TOMO did cut her bangs short. Since that was when they all had black hair, the bangs ended up looking kind of heavy. MAMI says that TOMO's mom usually has short hair and that she's never seen TOMO with very short hair like a bob. TOMO says that it's better to have long hair as it looks cooler when she's moving her head around during concerts, which is why she's more often growing her hair out than not. RINA says she also likes TOMO's hair when it was shorter and red, and thinks it was during the "Pride" era [Not quite! She's probably talking about the BABY ACTION tour] and says that red suits TOMO.

•TOMO goes, "Didn't you have red hair once?" RINA says that she did when she had a bob. TOMO says that was a good hairstyle. RINA thanks her and they all laugh. MAMI says that she thinks both dark and light hair suit RINA. RINA says that makes her happy to hear. She talks about how she usually has standard hair colors, though there was one time she had purple hair for a short amount of time. She wanted to try it out since the other three have tried out striking colors before and thought those kinds of colors would suit her as well, being a fellow member of SCANDAL. She said she couldn't get used to seeing herself like that, though. TOMO says that hair is said to be a woman's life. The others laugh and agree with it. RINA says that her hair grows pretty fast--around the end of last year her hair was almost bob length, and now it's currently mid-chest length. MAMI says her hair must be really healthy, and RINA says that her hairdresser told her that scalp is really supple and therefore her hair grows fast. She also says that since the others dye their hair all different colors, she's decided on her own that she should take up the position of having 'basic' colors to balance it out. MAMI and TOMO say she's totally free to go with whatever color she wants.

•MAMI says that having her entire hair be dyed green might be the only thing she hasn't done yet and that she'd like to do so. RINA says that a light green would be cute. TOMO says that green would suit HARU, which RINA agrees with. RINA mentions that HARU's hair is currently blueish in color and is cute and cool on her. MAMI says she wants to color her hair green like a frog. TOMO says to do that for her next color. RINA says that MAMI could have any color on her hair right now (since her hair's platinum right now). MAMI says she'll consider it.

•They then close out the episode. They mention the theme park messages and say that they're getting more knowledgeable about different areas of Japan. TOMO says that they'd love to visit places listeners mention the next time she get to do a nationwide tour.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

New song "one more time" was a song created to simply enjoy music!

Episode #83 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 BJdiM3Q

HARUNA: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's vocalist HARUNA,

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI,

RINA: And drummer RINA.

HARUNA: This week's episode is being brought to you HARU, MAMI, and RINA.
The morning of the recording, TOMOMI felt under the weather. She's playing it safe and is resting.
The three of us will be bringing you this episode. We'll be talking about recent happenings while eating sweets.
Actually, there's a cookie & vanilla flavor of Takeno no Sato! That's awesome...

RINA: Try it while you can since it's only out for a limited time.

HARUNA: Now then, we've released a new song.
"one more time" came out on 9/29!
We've released three singles this year.
They're quite upbeat songs!

RINA: The mood's gotten more exciting little by little every time we released a single.

HARUNA: Our feelings towards writing songs have also changed this past year. I think there's been many changes of heart in regards to music as well as lyric-making, but what was it like until we arrived at "one more time"?

RINA: Yeah, "eternal" contained our feelings towards our 15th anniversary concert at Osaka-Jo Hall. Our lives changed completely when the pandemic hit... The biggest thing for us was that we couldn't play concerts. It felt like we lost the thing most important to us. But when we started looking for things we could do then, we thought we'd try making a new song that was delicate, beautiful, and gentle. As a result, it felt like our new world had come into existence.

MAMI: "Ivory" is a song that popped out of our changing lives and environment. While being frustrated by all sorts of things, it was surprising for us to do our own things such as making radio appearances and holding livestream concerts. I converted those positive feelings, though there also many feelings such as regret and sadness. The lyrics and music for this song came to me when I was in the bath and considering all that.

HARUNA: And then came "one more time."

RINA: We thought about simply enjoying music once again. We've been a band for 15 years having fun as this quartet and decided to write an upbeat, bright song.

HARUNA: We all feel the same way. We wouldn't have been able to make this song if it wasn't actually so.

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Hopeful it was nothing major with Tomomi, I am quite sure she posted herself getting the Jab front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 1f637

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 83

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 PSVmhEf
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 KMAkCPe

•The episode starts with this. MAMI says that talking about the three songs makes her feel that the gradation they did of these songs went in proper order. RINA says that they always tend to release music right after making it, and that they always send out 100% pure music that shows what they're currently feeling. MAMI reiterates something they've said several times before, about how they don't stockpile songs and have never really done so this whole time. She thinks that that's actually a good thing right now--everyone around the world has been affected by the pandemic and she's very glad that they've been able to release music in real-time that contain the thoughts/feelings they've had during this environment that everyone is a part of. HARU says that although they're different types of songs, they do feel connected and it's like they make up their own mini-album. She thinks that listening to the songs with that in mind might make you get more into them.

•Next, they talk about their Joint Band Tour currently happening. They're recording this episode right as they just concluded rehearsals for it. RINA says that a lot of people were happy and excited when they found out the other artists that'll be playing on it (CHAI, indigo la End, Chiaki Sato, Vaundy), but they were also like, "What's with this weird tour schedule??" since Tokyo is the first stop of the tour rather than the last + they're not going to the 'usual' cities artists go to for short tours like this. HARU is surprised and goes, "There were people who said that?" RINA laughs and says yes, and that these locations are exactly where the band themselves wanted to perform in. MAMI says that on regular tours they'd also be going to Osaka and Nagoya--this time, aside from Tokyo, they're going to Sendai, Hiroshima, and Fukuoka. HARU wonders how long it's been since they last performed in Hiroshima [that would be their Fuzzy Summer Mood Tour in June 2019]. She says that they weren't able to go on their KFTD tour and were also not able to on their fan club tour this year--that's why they wanted to go there this time (RINA: "It's a simple reason"). RINA says that they chose the cities they wanted to go to and arranged the other performers based on what cities they think would suit them best.

•They then talk about ther tourmates. They say that they're simply fans of all of them. HARU says that SCANDAL is friends with Chiaki and CHAI, but they've never actually spoken yet to indigo la End nor Vaundy. RINA says that they were really shocked when those artists agreed to play on this tour, especially given how busy they must be (MAMI: "They'll play a concert with us even though we've never met??"). MAMI wonders if Enon from indigo la End has time for this [he plays in several bands]. RINA says that there must be two of him. HARU goes, "I mean, isn't he going on different tours before and after this one??" MAMI says there really must be two of him; RINA says there are four of him [not sure if this number was a coincidence or if she said this purposely to a reference to the number of bands he's in, which is four]. MAMI talks about this program that she appeared in recently where she was a sort of assistant MC that Enon appeared in as a guest. She said that they asked "Enon PD" [Korean term for "producer-director"] to make up a an ending song for the program. RINA laughs and says he's too good for his talents to be used on a TV program. MAMI says that he really was too good for his own good--he asked what kind of music it should have and he came up with at least four different genres it could potentially be. HARU says that she's curious about what the convos will be like when they meet him and his band.

•The staff asks the band about Vaundy. HARU says that all of them like Vaundy. RINA says that when the tour was announced, her little sister [she has two little sisters--she means the youngest one] messaged her on LINE for the first time in forever and told RINA to send her some Vaundy merch since she loves him. They all laugh and HARU is surprised that the youngest one asked and not the older one. RINA says that the older one is more into K-Pop. They then talk about the merch for this tour and say how cute it is. RINA says that they thought communicating with the artists they haven't met in person yet would be hard on them as well as the other artists, so they thought they'd break the ice by asking what their favorite animals are. They all laugh and say they don't know how they came up with that idea. They then thought that motif would be good for merch. HARU clarifies that they asked everyone what animals they consider themselves to be. RINA says that all of their personalities can really be seen in the animals they chose. HARU says that they only asked for the animals and are planning to ask them at the actual concerts why they chose the animals they did. RINA says that Enon/indigo la End went with a penguin. MAMI mentions how TOMO said in the previous episode about how penguins may be aliens. They all laugh and RINA goes, "Is that the connection?? Wow..." MAMI says that she's really curious about it now. They list the other animals: Vaundy = lion, Chiaki = cheetah, CHAI = Shiba Inu/dog, SCANDAL = rabbit. HARU laughs and asks why they went with a rabbit. MAMI wonders why as well. After a pause, HARU goes, "Just because." She then laughs and goes, "We asked the others the animal question, and we're just like, 'Just because!'"

•They talk about the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD of their 15th anniversary concert and that they just finished editing it. RINA says that it's gotten even better. MAMI says that it's different from what was shown on the livestream, such as the angles. RINA says that even they were like, "Oh, I didn't know so-and-so did this at that time!" She also says that it's a completely different performance from the last time they played at Osaka-Jo Hall seven years ago, and this made her think of how great their current live performances are. HARU says that one change is the MCs, and that this time they talked for more than 10 minutes. RINA laughs and goes, "Scary!" and that was all on HARU. She says that their MCs might be the thing that's changed the most, and that HARU did a great job with this one and saying everything they wanted to say.

•They reread my message that they originally read in episode 81 lol. After they read it, RINA asks HARU if she knew about this message. She says she didn't. MAMI asks if her she understood it. She says she understood what was being said at least. RINA says that they read this during one of the episodes that HARU was absent for and that they had been using an incorrect title all along. HARU goes, "Ono-san [the program's director]!" Everyone laughs and Ono says, "I got it wrong. Jade is the one who caught it." HARU goes, "Of course she would!" RINA talks about how they've been on overseas radio programs with really weird Japanese names. HARU says that they would be weird due to things like words being in reversed order. RINA says that there are times when things like that are cool but also times when they're not. She then reads a new message from Joe from Seattle who says what he had said here. They thank him for helping them out and say that they'll go with "Assigning the Borderline on Catch up." Like what they had said before, MAMI says that they'll keep this a secret from TOMO and she'll be like, "What? ABC is back?" RINA wonders if TOMO will listen to this episode. HARU thinks she definitely won't. A staffer asks HARU if she listened to the episodes she was absent from. She says no, which makes everyone laugh. RINA says that she was busy, after all.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Chickens go "titilao"?? Surprised by onomatopoeia used overseas!

Episode #84 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 9pRf4Ky

HARUNA: Good evening, everyone. This is SCANDAL's vocalist HARUNA,

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI,

RINA: And drummer RINA.

HARUNA: This week's episode too is being brought to you HARU, MAMI, and RINA.
We'll be reading lots of messages while eating sweets.

Pomodoro

Good evening, SCANDAL.

This is about the onomatopoeia talked about in episode 81. This is how I split them up:

[Will not be translating this since Japanese onomatopoeia do not translate very well to English]

PS: As for the apples I talked about in episode 61, they're steadily turning red thanks to how nourishing "Catch up" is. The freshly picked apples, whose flesh is crispy in the cold of late autumn, are crispy and overflowing with juices. Come and enjoy the freshly picked onomatopoeia!

MAMI: The way they wrapped it up at the end is nice...

RINA: It's kind of stylish...

MAMI: They have good taste.

HARUNA: At the end they summarized what they talked about.

MAMI: You don't usually say "freshly picked onomatopoeia."

RINA: Those are already lyrics - should we use it?

MAMI: Jotting it down...

HARUNA: Did you guys talk about onomatopoeia last time?
(→HARUNA was absent for the previous episode)
It seems that we got a lot of messages for that.

RINA: We didn't think it'd get this exciting. Onto the next message.

Croissant Ozamand

Thanks for reading my message in episode 81. The magic that I showed during my online English conversation was that I instantly erased the pen that I had in my hand. The key is moving your hands quickly. Also, since it's online, you can still trick others even if you make some mistakes. Doing magic online is fun - I recommend it.

Changing the topic, I asked my teacher in the Philippines about onomatopoeia. I asked about the sounds made when you eat stick veggies, fried chicken, croissants, baguettes, chocolate. They told me, "All of them are 'crush' [I think that should actually be 'crunch'] or 'crispy'!" I guess they're all the same because there aren't any onomatopoeia that describes them.

On the other hand, there do seem to be onomatopoeia for sounds made by animals. In the Philippines, chickens go "titilao," dogs go "Awo awo, sniff sniff," cats go "meow." It seems to be different depending on the region.

HARUNA: ..."titilao"??

MAMI: ...like "cock-a-doodle-doo!"

RINA: The number of sounds match.

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
that HARU was absent for and that they had been using an incorrect title all along. HARU goes, "Ono-san [the program's director]!" Everyone laughs and Ono says, "I got it wrong. Jade is the one who caught it." HARU goes, "Of course she would!" 

Even Haruna know how talented you are Jade. HARU dance

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 84

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 SM3B09r
front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 4q7ioVy

•The episode starts with this. Since things like onomatopoeia for foods don't really exist in other countries/languages, HARU wonders what they do to express the sound of fried chicken, for example. MAMI guesses that the sound of the food being advertised is played for real, as in they record the sound of someone actually biting down on the food. RINA talks about how when they've been overseas, she's noticed that commercials would loudly play the sound of the food being bitten down on, and that people wouldn't be explaining the product [actually, that's more of the trend in the US right now--there's a narrator talking about the product as background music plays and actors are shown on screen eating the advertised product].

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is also writing in about onomatopoeia and their wife from Thailand confirms that they don't have any for fried foods nor stick-like veggies. They also say that their wife poked fun at how many onomatopoeia exists in Japan, which makes the band laugh (MAMI: "That's so cute!"). They mention that there are onomatopoeia for animal sounds like dogs and chickens. MAMI wonders what the sound is for pigeons and HARU talks about when she was in elementary school and it'd be really scary to hear lots of pigeons making noise but not be able to see them, which makes them all laugh. RINA wonders why there are so many nuanced onomatopoeia in Japanese. They keep wondering again how people can express stuff in other languages--they don't really understand due to how often onomatopoeia is used and how pervasive it is in Japanese when describing things [lol I wrote in and said that in English we primarily use adjectives--I wonder if they'll read it haha].

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who says that there are onomatopoeia that exists in Tsugaru dialect: "payapaya" (パヤパヤ), which basically means peach fuzz that can be found on the body; and "bayabaya" (バヤバヤ), which basically means a large gathering of people. MAMI says that they understand "payapaya" as it invokes the image of something popping up here and there. RINA doesn't get it, but HARU says that she kind of gets it. RINA is surprised and asks if they think they've used it before, and they think they have. They all say that they've never heard of "bayabaya," though.

•The staff says something inaudible about onomatopoeia, and MAMI goes, "'Tokintokin' (ときんときん; pointy) in Nagoya... Then what's the sound that's heard when a traffic light is blinking?" RINA says "chikachika" (チカチカ; flickering) and HARU says "pakapaka" (パカパカ). MAMI goes, "Ah, 'pakapaka'... That's right!", which makes everyone else laugh. RINA goes, "Ehhh??" HARU says that it's not "chikachika"; RINA is surprised and thinks it's very "chikachika"-like. She then then talks about their song "Koe" and how its story revolves around a changing traffic light [lol RINA, it seems that you're actually thinking of "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" - but they were written by the same person, so that's probably why she got them mixed up]. She asks if "pakapaka" suits the song. HARU says that the onomatopoeia for a signal could only be "pakapaka." RINA goes, "Ehh, my perception of the song has totally been ruined!", which makes everyone laugh. RINA says that "chikachika" gives off a flickering image; MAMI says that it gives off more of an image of something smaller than a signal, such as Christmas lights. RINA asks, "How about a large amount of small lights?" They laugh and MAMI and HARU say that it might be "pakapaka" in that case (RINA: "So it does end up like that!"). A staffer then asks them if there are a lot of Chinese words in Nagoya dialect. HARU says that there's "chinchin" (ちんちん), which means "hot." RINA says that that's "chunchun" (ちゅんちゅん) in Osaka dialect. The staffer loudly goes, "Ehh??" They laugh and RINA says that it's used when it's extremely hot.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who says that when they were listening to SCANDAL's song "Sisters" while doing housework, Siri responded to the "Hey sister" line in the song. After hearing the following lyric ("Sono ashi de..."), it changed the song they were listening to to aiko's "Eriashi" song instead. They tell the band to try it out if they'd like. The band talks about "one more time" and how the "Hey Siri" line in it might trigger Siri to launch. RINA says that it was hard recording that line since their phones would react. They ask the listener to try it and let them know if it sets it off. MAMI wonders what song Siri would change it to after hearing the following line, which is "Hazumu rizumu." RINA says that there could be a lot of possibilities. MAMI says that Siri does go off randomly. RINA says that it sometimes goes off during rehearsals.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says that every episode of "Catch up" is god-tier, but episode 82 was particularly god-like because of the discussion about the band members' hair. They say that their hair is currently orange despite being a third-year high schooler, and that they dye their hair not because they're a delinquent but because their school has no rules about things like that. They say they think it's fairly rare for a high school to have no restrictions within the bounds of common sense. MAMI wonders if orange is within those bounds; HARU thinks so, if the school's allowing it. RINA says that a lot of schools now seem to have less rules about appearance. MAMI says that when she was in high school, the only schools that would let you wear plain clothes would be ones for really smart people. RINA says that the all-girls' high school she went to in Osaka had uniforms, but the one she transferred to in Tokyo let the students wear plain clothes. She thought it was really interesting since you could tell via fashion what kinds of things people were influenced by. HARU says that she doesn't like school rules and that her middle school was pretty strict: if your hair was longer than your shoulders, you had to split your hair into two parts (like pigtails)--you couldn't even have it gathered into one. HARU says that she would have loved to have known why that was the rule, but even teachers didn't know the reason why. That's why the entire time she thought of how only rules that can be explained should be established.

•RINA talks about something that she was reminded of. When she was in middle school, her parents divorced and she had to change her last name. She didn't like her new last name nor the new environment she was in, but one of the rules for the school she was going to was to have students have a name tag sewn on to their clothes. Although she hated it, that was one of the rules she had to abide by. When students graduate from the school, their entire name is called when being handed their diploma at the graduation ceremony. She had told her homeroom teacher many times about how she felt about her name, but the teacher always said although she understood, they had to announce a student's full name. However, when the ceremony rolled around, the teacher called RINA by her first name only. RINA was shocked and started crying tears of happiness. She says that rules are important but you should also take into account each person's feelings. She thinks that if a teacher is understanding of the situation, it's okay to break/bend the rules for that person.

•She also mentions how fans overseas often write her full name including the kanji characters used, likely because the use of kanji can seem cool to foreigners. However, she doesn't really like it when her full name is used--she'd much rather be called "SCANDAL RINA" or "Drummer RINA" instead.

•In that same sort of vein, HARU brings up the fact that MAMI's name written in Japanese uses hiragana rather than kanji. MAMI says that it's the same for TOMO as well. She also says that it's kind of fun to see what kind of kanji people think her name consists of. Some ways she's seen it is with the character "魔" (devil/demon) and "魅" (bewitch), which together is the actual word "魔魅" = "Deceiving spirit." HARU laughs and says, "That's so strong!" MAMI says that she's glad her hiragana name is more rounded and that it doesn't consist of characters that have a lot of strokes to them.

#front-page #catchup

PS: Here's the note and "Kyoukai-sen Kyoukai" sticker I received from the program!

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 0w0TzVS

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
•RINA talks about something that she was reminded of. When she was in middle school, her parents divorced and she had to change her last name....
Do I understand correctly that before her parents' divorce, Rina had a different surname than Suzuki? Do you know which one?

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Large-scale project "SCANDAL Apollo program" of their dreams begins!?

Episode #85 blog

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 WRheCGN

HARUNA: We're announcing a large-scale project of our dreams...!

RINA: Right now...?

HARUNA: This is a sudden announcement...
As of today we're launching a large-scale project of our dreams...
Titled "SCANDAL Apollo program!"

RINA: ...what in the world?

MAMI: Sounds fun!

HARUNA: That's right - Catch up and SCANDAL are all about Apollo, and Apollo is all about space. So the next thing for us after Osaka-Jo Hall can only be space!

RINA: No... The next thing after OJH isn't space.

MAMI: But we'd like to aim for space/the stars.

HARUNA: It certainly is a large jump from OJH to space. At any rate, it means "SCANDAL will shoot for the stars!"

RINA: How will we be doing so?

HARUNA: It seems that this was established following the subject of penguins being aliens that TOMOMI talked about. Also, "This is the era in which Jeff Bezos actually went to space! It's not a dream!"

MAMI: It's getting funー

HARUNA: "SCANDAL has fans around the world - The next thing after that can only be aliens!"

MAMI: There might already be aliens among our fans, right?

TOMOMI: I think aliens are already listening to us, right?

MAMI: It's also possible that there are aliens among us right here.

HARUNA: I'll read the news that TOMOMI talked about on how penguins might be aliens.

Penguins 'might be aliens'

Penguins may be aliens, say scientists, after traces of a chemical from Venus were found in the birds’ poop.

Scientists cannot explain how phosphine exists on Earth – 38 million miles away from Venus.

They plan to study the lifestyle of gentoo penguins – common in the Falkland Islands – to find out how they produce the chemical.

Dr Dave Clements, of Imperial College, London, said: “We’re convinced the phosphine finding is real. But we don’t know what’s making it.

“There are some anaerobic bacteria that produce phosphine.

“It’s found in pond slime and the guts of badgers and penguin guano.”

According to a British study, the same chemicals found in Venus' atmosphere were found in penguin droppings. Scientists cannot explain how phosphine exists on Earth – 38 million miles away from Venus. They plan to study the lifestyle of gentoo penguins – common in the Falkland Islands – to find out how they produce the chemical.

Dr. Dave Clements, of Imperial College, London, said: "We're convinced the phosphine finding is real. But we don't know what's making it."

MAMI: Penguins really are cute...!!

Because it's "Apollo"... The entire staff regrets not starting this project earlier.
SCANDAL will shoot for the stars!
We're also awaiting messages from aliens!

Meph1766 wrote:Do I understand correctly that before her parents' divorce, Rina had a different surname than Suzuki? Do you know which one?

I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's ever mentioned she used to have a different last name, so we have no idea what her previous one was.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Meph1766 wrote:Do I understand correctly that before her parents' divorce, Rina had a different surname than Suzuki? Do you know which one?

I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's ever mentioned she used to have a different last name, so we have no idea what her previous one was.
I see, thank you. It's so strange to find out after all these years that Rina actually doesn't like the last name Suzuki.

front-page - Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 17 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.