wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Update 24th of October.

Since I went to the Taiban live today I managed to speak to one of the managers.

Bascially I explained the situation just wanting to mentioned all the concerns we have mentioned in this thread with LiveFrom. (This is not the first time I mentioned the bad service from LiveFrom with the managers, I previously shown them the bad livestream framerate with the overseas livestream from before at Feedback! at the store with 2 of the managers.)

So I told the manager, this time what was described and listed lied to in email and sold to us in the bundle and what we got in the end. The printed autograph postcard, the badly printed t-shirt, partial shipments of goods and no explaination.

When I did mention the signed postcard, the manager gave me a funny look about it Happy

I mentioned about people recieving their livestream codes late, so they were not able to watch the stream live.
Some fans ended up watching pirated version of the livestream, even though they paid to watch it.

I said that some of us are about to contact our banks/credit card companies about getting a refund, and the manager agreed and said go ahead its fine to do, considering we are not getting a proper answer from LiveFrom. Manager has  our concerns and told us to continuing trying to contact LiveFrom else its ok to contact your bank/creditcard company, I did ask if this would affect the money going to Scandal and the manager said not to worry.

I plan to contact my credit card company later in the week (I'm currently travelling). PayPal/Credit card company will need evidence and the discussion we have here can show PayPal/VISA/Mastercard etc its not a isolated incident and it has happened to many of us. If enough of us make enough fuss about it, it should be easier of many of us to make a claim as we have been sold the same thing that does not match the intended description.

I also made a point with the manager, that the service has been repeatly bad and what were their thoughts about it, the manager said it was not possible to give me an answer then, but I believe she got the point I was trying to make.

As for shipping the bad goods back to LiveFrom, I think we shoud get PayPal/Credit card company to have LiveFrom  give us their FedEx/DHL account and they should fork out the shipment cost back to them.

Back to top Go down

sc_michi

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi guys. New here. Haven’t received any update on my order since the live so decided to check out the forum.

😞

Will post again when I’ve received the package.

Back to top Go down

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I totally missed that this even went live outside of Japan.  I hadn't checked back after seeing they were using e+.  I totally wish SCANDAL could finally figure out how to make giving them money from overseas easier!  After hearing about the troubles, I'm sure I would have bought into the bundle so I'm probably better off having missed the event.  I'll get them some money for this concert when I get the Blu-ray shipped out.  

But, from the MANIA membership to buying merchandise and online concerts, I think the band could have fine tuned their marketing overseas by now.  I cannot count the times I have told them, "I have money to give you!"  Another band I follow just as much (to stay unnamed) has this figured out and my wallet empties to them all the time.

Back to top Go down

Re: LiveFrom Event's "INVITATION" bundle
Posted Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:36 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

To everyone who purchased a "SCANDAL 'INVITATION' Bundle" from LiveFrom Events:

Since we haven't heard anything from LiveFrom in three weeks, it's quite clear that they are not going to do anything about this. As such:

Please ask your credit card company or PayPal to refund you for the bundle.

Tell them the reason you'd like a refund/chargeback is because the items you received were not what the company explicitly said you would be getting. To cite as evidence, you can give them the link to this page: https://bit.ly/scandal_livefrom_bundle_details

Also, it seems that the band was likely paid their share already, so don't worry about that.

If you do ask for a chargeback and receive a reply about it from your CC company or PayPal, please post about it in this thread.

#front-page

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This situation seems to just get worse and worse... front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 1f625 
I hoped that it wouldn't get to this point...

Looks like I'll be contacting PayPal. Hopefully, even just a partial refund would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
It a shame we don't have a fan who work in a legal firm, who could shake them a bit

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I honestly thought I wasn't a big deal, but after receiving the t-shirt, I understand now. The quality is horrible and let's not talk about the postcard. I think printing the same image on a white paper would be the same result

Back to top Go down
Dash

Dash

Caless Student
Caless Student
My package arrived in Singapore today. Was disappointed with it.
Had the same problem with the rest, the letter "O" on the shirt was cut off and the card was digitally-signed. The card was bent due to inadequate protection, it was just stuffed between the shirt and the shirt was placed in a plastic mailer, different from when I bought SCANDAL T-shirts straight from Japan which was placed in additional plastic.

Shirt and card:

No email was sent prior to inform me that the package have been sent out. Only received two emails informing me that my package was sent and delivered hours after I received it.
Emails received:

Weirdly, the email was from "Live From <support@bompa.com>". Are they the same company or affiliated with LiveFrom Events?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Dash wrote:Weirdly, the email was from "Live From <support@bompa.com>". Are they the same company or affiliated with LiveFrom Events?

They are not the same company, but I guess you can say they were affiliated this time. LF seemed to have contracted Bompa to ship out the items, presumably because they're a company who deals with the handling of merch--they're the ones who run SCANDAL's overseas merch store, after all.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to file for a refund/chargeback via whichever payment method you used.

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have contacted PayPal, and the case is currently under review. 
Hopefully, they'll be able to work something out...

UPDATE:

PayPal wrote back saying that they were denying the request due to the items being delivered...
What else can be done? 😓
front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 Screen10

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
MICHIO87 wrote:PayPal wrote back saying that they were denying the request due to the items being delivered...
What else can be done? 😓

Wow, really? It says on PayPal's refund page that you can open a dispute if "you received something that doesn’t match the seller's description," and this is the very definition of that. It also says on their partial refund page that you may be eligible to receive a partial refund if you "receive an item or service significantly different than described."

Maybe contact them again and mention those parts? LF promised the postcards would be hand-signed by the band and they were not. I think you can definitely call that "significantly different than described."

Back to top Go down
MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'll try sending them a message again tomorrow as it seems their messaging service is closed right now...

According to PayPal's Help section, once a decision is made, it is usually final unless new information is presented to appeal the case. The appeal option is supposed to be available for 10 days after a decision is made, but for some reason, I don't have the option to appeal this particular case...

I also don't have the option of opening a new dispute about the same problem.

Other from that, the only other option is for the seller to issue a refund from their side, but as we have seen, they haven't answered anyone's emails about the matter at hand.

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with PayPal. They can try appealing the case if I can send them some new information that is different from what I already sent them. I already sent them my receipt, email to Livefrom, and the email posted here about the postcards being hand-signed. I was thinking of sending pics of the items and a screenshot of the item description on the website, but I have a feeling that might not be enough...
Does anyone know if it said signed or hand-signed anywhere else?

I was told that if the appeal doesn't mean work out, since no one can get a response from Livefrom, my last option is to have my bank work it out with the company...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
MICHIO87 wrote:Does anyone know if it said signed or hand-signed anywhere else?

The only places they said it would come signed are their site and in emails sent to fans.

And if this could help in any way, I saved an archived screenshot (taken on July 31st) of the bundle's page after the "signed" descriptor was removed, which can be compared to what it says right now.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210731061053/https://livefrom.events/collections/scandal/products/scandal-invitation-bundle-livestream-t-shirt-signed-photo-postcard

But I mean, what other information could they possibly be looking for? The email that they sent claiming that the postcards would come hand-signed is pretty damning in itself...

Other than that, I did hear from the band's upper management themselves that LF always told the band from the start that the postcards would come digitally signed--they never actually told the band about the mistake they made and never asked them to sign anything, so what they said in the emails sent to fans was an outright lie. Unfortunately, though, I cannot provide hard proof of this :/

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For more confirmation about signed postcards, screenshot of email from my thread with them, feel free to quote and use.

(I should get an update from paypal tomorrow)

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 Email_11

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
So I my parcel unannounced in the mail today. There was no notification of shipping since the last time I contacted Bompa support. In the email below. Very poor customer service and CLEARLY LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH about rectifying the issue. I'd prefer if they came clean and apologised and arranged for partial refunds instead of this lying game bs. 

The t shirt is printed on fairly rough cotton (I'd like to know if anyone actually bought the original concert merch as opposed to this joke for comparison sake) and that postcard as per previous complaints is on tiny glossy paper and obviously has a crinkle in it cause its not cardboard plus shipping handling.

From the conversation here it seems paypal isn't making it easy to deal with this company. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. Is it still worth launching a case with paypal?

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 Downlo10

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 25264510

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 25275510

Last edited by bleachnlife on Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bleachnlife wrote:There was no notification of shipping since the last time I contacted Bompa support. In the email below. Very poor customer service and CLEARLY LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH about rectifying the issue. 

From the conversation here it seems paypal isn't making it easy to deal with this company. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. 

Oh wait, Bompa is saying that? The thing is that Bompa is technically NOT LiveFrom--they are two separate companies. LiveFrom = UK-based company who deals with the handling of livestreams. Bompa = USA-based company who deals with the handling of merchandise and runs scandalmerch.com.

In this situation with the bundle, LiveFrom = Bad guys. Bompa = Not so bad.

Bompa was contracted by LF to ship out the postcards and shirts. They were not the ones who are responsible for the postcard thing and were only asked to ship them out along with the shirts. LF was the one who let the postcards be digitally signed, and were the ones who lied to the fans about it being hand-signed.

I mean, if Bompa is saying that (and they were quick to throw LF under the bus when this fiasco started when fans began receiving the bundles a month ago), maybe there is some truth to it. Maybe I'll try reaching out to them as well and see if they'll tell me the same thing.

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
bleachnlife wrote:There was no notification of shipping since the last time I contacted Bompa support. In the email below. Very poor customer service and CLEARLY LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH about rectifying the issue. 

From the conversation here it seems paypal isn't making it easy to deal with this company. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. 

Oh wait, Bompa is saying that? The thing is that Bompa is technically NOT LiveFrom--they are two separate companies. LiveFrom = UK-based company who deals with the handling of livestreams. Bompa = USA-based company who deals with the handling of merchandise and runs scandalmerch.com.

Bompa was contracted by LF to ship out the postcards and shirts. They were not the ones who are responsible for the postcard thing and were only asked to ship them out along with the shirts. LF was the one who let the postcards be digitally signed, and were the ones who lied to the fans about it being hand-signed.

I mean, if Bompa is saying that (and they were quick to throw LF under the bus when this fiasco started when fans began receiving the bundles a month ago), maybe there is some truth to it. Maybe I'll try reaching out to them as well and see if they'll tell me the same thing.
I mean the only reason I knew of Bompa was cause they reached out to get my correct shipping address (I had left out my street in the original form). 

Will stayed tuned before I send an email to them to clarify why we are still getting old uncorrected stock when they clearly stated they were going to fix it up...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bleachnlife wrote:Will stayed tuned before I send an email to them to clarify why we are still getting old uncorrected stock when they clearly stated they were going to fix it up...

Seeing as you're in Australia and it was shipped from the US, it's totally possible they sent out your order when they started shipping out many other peoples' orders at the beginning of October and it took that long to reach you. A lot of other people overseas have recently said that they only received their "Your order's been shipped" email right after they received the actual package in the mail. So it's possible whoever sent you that reply didn't know or check to see that they had already shipped out your order at the time you contacted them, and weren't actually still sending out old stock by that time.

If you go back to page 8, you can see the timeline of events. October 6th is when the first people started receiving their packages and then complained to LiveFrom. October 8th is when LF replied to many people that they are "working on the management on this issue."

I know that some people who ordered more than one bundle still haven't received their remaining ones, so it could actually be true that Bompa's waiting for the new, correct items. That would explain why peoples' bundles haven't been shipping out. But this might just be me trying to find some kind of optimism here after all we've been through lol

Regardless, I'll still try contacting them to see what's up.

Also:

I'd like to know if anyone actually bought the original concert merch as opposed to this joke for comparison sake

I already had this prior to receiving the bundle, but I have the shirt in white from Japan. It is a lot more softer and better quality. And of course, the top of the "O" is not cut off.

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
bleachnlife wrote:Will stayed tuned before I send an email to them to clarify why we are still getting old uncorrected stock when they clearly stated they were going to fix it up...

Seeing as you're in Australia and it was shipped from the US, it's totally possible they sent out your order when they started shipping out many other peoples' orders at the beginning of October and it took that long to reach you. A lot of other people overseas have recently said that they only received their "Your order's been shipped" email right after they received the actual package in the mail. So it's possible whoever sent you that reply didn't know or check to see that they had already shipped out your order at the time you contacted them, and weren't actually still sending out old stock by that time.

If you go back to page 8, you can see the timeline of events. October 6th is when the first people started receiving their packages and then complained to LiveFrom. October 8th is when LF replied to many people that they are "working on the management on this issue."

I know that some people who ordered more than one bundle still haven't received their remaining ones, so it could actually be true that Bompa's waiting for the new, correct items. That would explain why peoples' bundles haven't been shipping out. But this might just be me trying to find some kind of optimism here after all we've been through lol

Regardless, I'll still try contacting them to see what's up.

Also:

I'd like to know if anyone actually bought the original concert merch as opposed to this joke for comparison sake

I already had this prior to receiving the bundle, but I have the shirt in white from Japan. It is a lot more softer and better quality. And of course, the top of the "O" is not cut off.

Right right. Thanks for clearing that up.

And yes that's what I mean. Atleast I'm not insane person for thinking we had been cheated with inferior quality merch at the similar price to the original Japanese merch. Prior to all this I assumed LiveFrom would have acquired a portion of the original merch and acted as a international distributor instead of printing their own rip off versions whoever is incharge of that. Very disappointing. 

Lets see what they have to say to defend themselves...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

front-page - SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I starting to feel you may not get anywhere with LiveFrom. IF they are UK company, they can close the company down and change their name to something like LiveOn, and still work from same building.

Back to top Go down
Dash

Dash

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Dash wrote:Weirdly, the email was from "Live From <support@bompa.com>". Are they the same company or affiliated with LiveFrom Events?

They are not the same company, but I guess you can say they were affiliated this time. LF seemed to have contracted Bompa to ship out the items, presumably because they're a company who deals with the handling of merch--they're the ones who run SCANDAL's overseas merch store, after all.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to file for a refund/chargeback via whichever payment method you used.

Yeap already filed for a dispute form for this.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Oh wait, Bompa is saying that? The thing is that Bompa is technically NOT LiveFrom--they are two separate companies. LiveFrom = UK-based company who deals with the handling of livestreams. Bompa = USA-based company who deals with the handling of merchandise and runs scandalmerch.com.

If Bompa handles scandal merchandise then aren't they responsible for the defective t-shirts that we have received? 

From what I can see, 
postcard mess = LiveFrom's responsibility 
defective t-shirts = Bompa's responsibility

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Dash wrote:If Bompa handles scandal merchandise then aren't they responsible for the defective t-shirts that we have received? 

From what I can see, 
postcard mess = LiveFrom's responsibility 
defective t-shirts = Bompa's responsibility

Yep. And yes, the t-shirts seemed to have been Bompa's responsibility. They did not make sure the shirts were being printed properly. It's not nearly as serious as the postcard issue, though, hence why I said "not so bad" - They at least didn't blatantly lie about stuff.

And I have sent my inquiry to Bompa. I also asked if these supposed "new items" will be shipped out to everyone who purchased the bundle, regardless if their order(s) has/have already been shipped out or not.

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
MICHIO87 wrote:Does anyone know if it said signed or hand-signed anywhere else?

It didn't say hand-signed on the site, but… They did answer that they removed the "signed" mention when they were informed the postcard would be digitally signed, that can only mean one thing : They think and know that a digital signature does not count as an actual signature. To confirm that even more : They did say the postcards would be hand-signed and then they've put back the "signed" mention, meaning we would get a (hand-)signed postcard, because digitally signed is not actually signed. They shot themselves in the foot !

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Update on the "SCANDAL 'INVITATION' Bundle"

I just called Bompa and it really does seem like they're working on replacement items, which they said will be shipped out to everyone who ordered the bundle.

The lady I spoke to said that they received the reprinted replacement shirts this week and that they're not entirely sure what's going on with the postcards as of right now because they're not the ones handling that end/are waiting to hear from management, but they are supposed to be actually hand-signed this time. So they're just waiting on info about the postcards and then will start shipping out the replacement items to all bundle purchasers.

I also mentioned how we haven't heard any updates in the past month, which was very frustrating, and she totally understood that and said they're kind of in the same boat. So that was kind of nice to hear lol

Since Bompa did confirm that they already received the reprinted shirts, it does sound like this actually is happening. I really hope it is true this time.

#front-page

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just an update from my opened case, PayPal close my case and I am getting a refund.

Case status:Closed
The case was closed in your favor.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum