The Sentimental Crybaby
Posted on Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:33 pm

From the beautiful lyrics, the tears onstage, and the stage fright episodes. Is Tomomi the closest thing to an angel? The deer-eyed bassist's chipmunk sweet voice and the smile onstage. Haruna is intense, Mami is intimidating, Rina...well Rina looks funny and lost, but Timotan... I cannot look/listen to her for more than five seconds without tearing up. The beginning of Scandal Baby in Wonderful Tonight seeing her hold back tears crushes my heart to think that someone has done her harm. What do you guys/girls thnk?

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sentimental Crybaby
Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
There was no harm to her.  She was crying in Wonderful Tonight because she was overwhelmed with happiness.  They achieved their dream of playing that venue.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 am

Don Dio wrote:There was no harm to her.  She was crying in Wonderful Tonight because she was overwhelmed with happiness.  They achieved their dream of playing that venue.
 Oh don’t worry! I knew the crying in Wonderful was because happiness. I meant outside the limelight.  I know is hard when something is typed.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:45 am

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
She does seem like the most sentimental of the band. Not just on Wonderful Tonight, but even years later here  when Haruna is reading a letter from their ex-teacher, and I think even now in the first half of KFTD Livestream she was tearing up too. 

Though, her personality seems to have changed quite a bit (from outgoing to more reserved) after her "creative slump" during the Perfect World period. Fans noticed and were worried for her.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@Steadystate

Dont forget she is much older now than when SCANDAL started and people do change, but you only have to listen to "Kan Biere" or "Kill the Virgin" to see how much emotion Tomomi puts into her singing, but I am biased of course as she is my favourite Happy

The Sentimental Crybaby Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down