Go down

Re: 25th Single - 「eternal」
Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:44 am

Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
kinda off-topic, but nice new profile pic, thoseguiltyeyes !
also i think i'll make some GIFs from this MV, like i did for Koisuru Universe ~

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not a huge fan of the MV, it gives me the impression that it is Haruna featuring Scandal... it is a little bit hard to explain, but after watching Scandal "Her" diary #2 I was expecting something more... with all the members together, to show how deep are their relation.
But I really like the song and I can't wait to receive my orders from CDJapan and JPU Records!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
izzy wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the MV, it gives me the impression that it is Haruna featuring Scandal... it is a little bit hard to explain, but after watching Scandal "Her" diary #2 I was expecting something more... with all the members together, to show how deep are their relation.
But I really like the song and I can't wait to receive my orders from CDJapan and JPU Records!!

It's fine, the vocalist always gets the biggest part in MVs, specially in a song like this.

I was actually expecting more from the Her diaries, those focused too much on Haruna, I wanted to see Mami and Rina talking more about the song itself.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:47 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
For me, "Eternal" is their strongest single during the last four years only behind "Spice." The structure of the song reminds me of Depeche Mode's 2006 hit "Precious." I guess SCANDAL became way better as a unit because of the pandemic.

I also love Towa Tei's trip-hop-inspired remix. In my opinion, the remix would be perfect if he made the riffs in the chorus less boosted to maintain its "trippy" feel. Very nostalgic, it brings back memories from the mid-90s. Well, that's THE Towa Tei for you guys!

My girlfriend and I watched the music video premiere together last night. We both enjoyed the song and its music video. I'm pleasantly surprised how she likes the song despite not being a fan of any kind of rock music.

Last edited by TOMOmeow on Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
izzy wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the MV, it gives me the impression that it is Haruna featuring Scandal... it is a little bit hard to explain, but after watching Scandal "Her" diary #2 I was expecting something more... with all the members together, to show how deep are their relation.
I didn't get round to watching diary #2 before the MV, so didn't know how the MV was like. When the MV went into the second verse and the other members hadn't appeared yet, I worried for a moment it was another Haru-only MV like "Tonight".

But on hindsight, I think the reason the emphasis on Haru is so blatant to us fans is because Scandal is one of those rare bands that has always tried to divide screentime equally amongst all members. Many other bands' MVs focus primarily on the frontperson. So we just weren't used to it, but doesn't mean it's anything out of the ordinary for bands.

P.S: the new SH banner and TGE's new DP are fantastic, I can't stop looking at them  
.cool.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:35 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student

+1, It won't be a surprise for me if Haruna wants to try a solo career.

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My stuff arrived real quick! Still listening to the song, perfect for mornings. 
Sadly I missed out on the Vinyl because my proxy service was too slow in placing my order. Welp, time to wait on Yahoo. 
That said, beautiful release and the shirt is nice as always.

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:43 pm

nyseth

nyseth

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My CD+T-Shirt came in earlier today, 2 days to ship from Japan to Norway, pretty good! 
T-Shirt was as expected a little tight lol, will have to slim down some more to fit in it, extra motivation there I guess Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

eternal debuted at #10 on the Oricon Daily Singles Ranking chart on March 2nd:
25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 3pMz17d

#18 on March 3rd:
25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 BYsEfL8

#19 on March 4th (and has not ranked in the top 30 since then):
25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 TtpLEnz

It ranked at #17 on the Weekly Singles Ranking chart dated March 15th (which covers the sales dates of March 1-7):

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 X21DwFu

#scandal_eternal

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Absolutely love the mv. As beautiful as I expected.

I just really don't like the remix. Doesn't fit the atmosphere of the song at all, imo.

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:43 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm wracking my aging brain trying to figure out where I've heard the remix snare sound before. Somewhere in the 80's for sure, but on what song? Tears for Fears gets close, but not quite. Please help.
Also, on the remix, you can hear the guitar easier, for those of you who are playing at home.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:22 pm

HaRiToMa

HaRiToMa

Caless Student
Caless Student
ScandalRO wrote:

+1, It won't be a surprise for me if Haruna wants to try a solo career.
I hope she doesn't.

atashi wa atashi anata wa anata
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:28 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
hogradish wrote:I'm wracking my aging brain trying to figure out where I've heard the remix snare sound before. Somewhere in the 80's for sure, but on what song? Tears for Fears gets close, but not quite. Please help.
Also, on the remix, you can hear the guitar easier, for those of you who are playing at home.

Speaking of Tears for Fears, I was listening to their records last night. I can hear gated reverb pretty similar to songs like "Suffer the Children" (only less dark) and "The Working Hour" (less jazzy) on Rina's drums.

Last edited by TOMOmeow on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct references)

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:03 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Really like the song and the video.

The more I listen to the remix the more I like it to the point I've been checking out more of Towa Tei's material as my only previous exposure to him was when he was in Deee Lite although I didn't know who he was until recently   .lol.

Fun fact he had a new album come out the same day as Eternal released.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Received CD+T-Shirt. Guys, I have a question who ordered a CD only. Is it in a cardboard box or in a standard plastic case?

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:10 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
My short article about Eternal has been published (late) on J-Generation on March 7.

https://j-generation.com/2021/03/scandal-releases-new-single-eternal-with-remix-by-towa-tei/

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:41 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Meph1766 wrote:Guys, I have a question who ordered a CD only. Is it in a cardboard box or in a standard plastic case?

It's in a cardboard sleeve, the same as the one in the CD+T-Shirt edition.

I used my SCANDAL Cassette Player to listen to the tape and it plays it at a slightly slower speed than the non-analog versions, which makes HARU's voice sound a little deeper lol

I tried using my SCANDAL Record Player to listen to the vinyl, but I guess after years of not using it made the platter all shaky and now makes vinyls skip when playing them. I'd try fixing it but I'm too lazy right now Tongue

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:14 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

I used my SCANDAL Cassette Player to listen to the tape and it plays it at a slightly slower speed than the non-analog versions, which makes HARU's voice sound a little deeper lol

This is exactly what I though when I listened to Eternal on my old cassette player, but it sounds even better on this slightly slower bpm... even more U2-like!  25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 1f604 

I received my order from JPU Records today, now I'm waiting for the CD from CDJapan.

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 Img_2014

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I haven't received cassette yet. But anyway, for now, I don't have any equipment which listen to. Maybe buy an old second-hand player..

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm still waiting on my cassette. Still cursing my proxy service to be half a day too slow when placing the order for the vinyl. Should have ordered using tenso right away. Ah well, hoping to track it down eventually. I managed to find the 7" of their first singles after a while.

25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:37 am

nyseth

nyseth

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Looks like my cassette will arrive in the next few days. I don't have a cassette player myself, so won't get to play it, guess it will remain more as a collectible for now Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:07 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
Reachie wrote:I'm still waiting on my cassette. Still cursing my proxy service to be half a day too slow when placing the order for the vinyl. Should have ordered using tenso right away. Ah well, hoping to track it down eventually. I managed to find the 7" of their first singles after a while.
I was in the same situation at first. I wanted to buy through a proxy, because Tenso sends to my country at this moment only via seamail, and it takes a very long time (2-3 month)... Finally, everything was sold out the first day. But then after a few days, about 10 copies of vinyl appeared for sale on Victor's website again. And I ordered 2 copies to Tenso's address. So far I haven't sent the package from the warehouse to my country, because I'm waiting for the goods to come from Daisy Project. I think it should be at the end of March. Most likely I won't get the package until early summer. If all arrive undamaged and you haven't bought the vinyl by then, I can let you know about my second copy...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:49 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:I used my SCANDAL Cassette Player to listen to the tape and it plays it at a slightly slower speed than the non-analog versions, which makes HARU's voice sound a little deeper lol

izzy wrote:This is exactly what I though when I listened to Eternal on my old cassette player, but it sounds even better on this slightly slower bpm... even more U2-like!  25th Single - 「eternal」 - Page 6 1f604 

I received my order from JPU Records today, now I'm waiting for the CD from CDJapan.
I received my cassette from JPU. So just like you said, record played a little slower. I listened it on some Chinese player, so I'm not sure about the playback quality and there were some strange extraneous sounds, I had to make volume up so as not to hear them. it’s been so long since I listened my last cassette tape, it’s nice interesting experience to remember it again.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yo, just got a promo from CD Japan for SCANDAL—
"Ivory [w/T-shirt. Limited Edition] release date June 16"
Anyone know what this is about?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:06 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
etwee wrote:Yo, just got a promo from CD Japan for SCANDAL—
"Ivory [w/T-shirt. Limited Edition] release date June 16"
Anyone know what this is about?
New single "ivory" mainly sung by Mami available on june 16!  .clap.

I ordered it instantly!!!!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.