Hello everyone! [Page 1 of 2]

Hello everyone!
Posted Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:32 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello good people!

My name is Hubert and I'm from Eastern Europe.
After few days I have finally decided to join this forum.
I'm completely new to this Scandal phenomenon, and although I've been aware of this band for more than a year, it's been only few weeks since I started to listen to them. What a nice surprise! So far, I'm really enchanted by their music and their personalities (but that's a topic for another thread)!
I'm into the Japanese culture for almost two decades, and have been listening to many Japanese artists/ bands but unfortunately, I have never stumbled on Scandal before.
Well, maybe I'm late to the party (story of my life), but better late than later, right? And at least I'm at the right time to witness their 15th anniversary!
Best regards
- H.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone!
Posted Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:08 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi Hubert

Welcome to SH !

I was lucky to know SCANDAL from the beginning and I am always glad when more people discover them.

I am English but I have also loved Japanese Culture for a long time now and the music of course, I love Japanese idols but also many Japanese Bands male or female.

Hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Hello and welcome Hubert! 
Nice to meet you!
What other Japanese artist do you like?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:15 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Hello and welcome to SH, you find lots of us are into Japanese Culture, one way or other.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello again and thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

What kind of artists do I like? I won't be original if I write Band-Maid, but also Nemophila, Trident and Wagakki Band plus some 80's/90's J-pop (Y. Oginome, Rebecca, M. Matsubara, M. Kikuchi and so on). And I also like traditional Japanese music (especially the sound of koto).
But if I have to be honest here, I started my Japanese musical journey with Morning Musume, c.a. 2009 (too bad I didn't know about Scandal back then) and I still like their first 3-4 albums.

And "thanks" to all those quarantines and the world situation as a whole, since last year I have the chance to immerse more in Japanese music.

That's great that other members here are interested in Japan as well. I think that this country has a loooot more than fantastic music to offer.
But I'm also a weird case here, because as much as I like Japanese culture, I just can't stand anime and manga. And I only mean the style of animation/drawings- I have absolutely nothing against other people interested in this subject.
And I can't wait for the 15th anniversary concert, even if it's virtual.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:32 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hello Hubert, welcome to SH nice to meet you.

WHAT!!! You don't like anime and manga TOMO wtf lol! I won't hold it against you but Mami will MAMI grr

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I also like the artists you listed.

I don’t hate manga and anime, but I’m much less interested in it than music. And I haven't watched a lot anime.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:22 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
GT wrote:Hello Hubert, welcome to SH nice to meet you.

WHAT!!! You don't like anime and manga TOMO wtf lol! I won't hold it against you but Mami will MAMI grr

Hello and likewise :-) Well, maybe I don't like it because I don't understand it? When I was young we were rather reading American comics so I'm much more used to them and their style. But I treat every anime/manga fan like a fellow aficionado, just from the different popculture's branch ;-)

Meph1766 wrote:I also like the artists you listed.

I don’t hate manga and anime, but I’m much less interested in it than music. And I haven't watched a lot anime.

I think you already know it, but you have a good music taste :-)
Unfortunately Earth day is too short and I have too many hobbies, so even if I would want to, I just don't have time for anime. We all have our priorities, and for me, music is definitely one of them. 

Also, dear forum Members, which Scandal's album would you recommend? Because it will be a good idea to catch-up with their discography before 15th anniversary concert. So far, I only had time to fully listen to their 2nd and last album (plus few singles). Anything essential beyond that?
Thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:52 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MuftaK wrote:
GT wrote:Hello Hubert, welcome to SH nice to meet you.

Hello and likewise :-) Well, maybe I don't like it because I don't understand it? When I was young we were rather reading American comics so I'm much more used to them and their style. But I treat every anime/manga fan like a fellow aficionado, just from the different popculture's branch ;-)

Meph1766 wrote:I also like the artists you listed.

I think you already know it, but you have a good music taste :-)
Unfortunately Earth day is too short and I have too many hobbies, so even if I would want to, I just don't have time for anime. We all have our priorities, and for me, music is definitely one of them. 

Also, dear forum Members, which Scandal's album would you recommend? Because it will be a good idea to catch-up with their discography before 15th anniversary concert. So far, I only had time to fully listen to their 2nd and last album (plus few singles). Anything essential beyond that?
Thanks in advance
I was just having a little fun, but I think/hope you knew that  RINA peace  

If we all liked the same things the world would be pretty boring, I would probably chose western comics over manga myself tbf, like yourself I grew up with them and in the UK you couldn't beat the Beano and Dandy. I watched anime from a young age although I didn't know it was anime then. I had a VHS tape of Kimba the White Lion which I watched over and over as a youngster, then in 1991 I saw Akira that changed everything and was hooked. I certainly don't watch as much now due to time constraints like you say yourself there's not enough hours in the day.

For album recommendations can I suggest the self titled 'best of' album SCANDAL released in 2017 so covers quite a lot of ground and also HONEY  TOMO yeah

Last edited by GT on Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:48 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I agree with GT. If you're just starting with the band's discography, SCANDAL 2017 this is the best you can imagine. 36 songs selection from all albums, at that time of release..

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:50 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you, GT and Meph1766!
Definitely will check it out, there's still time. Fortunately it is available on the streaming service, although it would be better to have it in hands. I don't know if I'm weird or maybe old-fashioned, but when I like an artist, I have to get my own physical version of his/her albums (this way I also support them). So far I only have KftD, but Honey and Best*Scandal are on their way! Honey is definitely ,,a must have" for me- Take me out is my favourite song from Scandal!

@ GT

I knew it was a fun, don't worry. I'm just trying to be polite, it's so easy to offend someone on the internet these days :-/
My anime education ended more than two decades ago on Sailor Moon, Yattaman and General Daimos, so I can't be taken seriously TOMO sigh
I bet those anime weren't as much popular in the Western Europe as in the Eastern, am I right? But since I know a little bit about Akira (and his legendary status) and you wrote that he changed everything for you, maybe I will give him a chance. Thanks for a suggestion!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
MuftaK wrote:I don't know if I'm weird or maybe old-fashioned, but when I like an artist, I have to get my own physical version of his/her albums (this way I also support them). So far I only have KftD, but Honey and Best*Scandal are on their way! Honey is definitely ,,a must have" for me- Take me out is my favourite song from Scandal!
I understand you, I also collect CDs, although lately I often listen streaming services

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:33 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Meph1766 wrote:
MuftaK wrote:I don't know if I'm weird or maybe old-fashioned, but when I like an artist, I have to get my own physical version of his/her albums (this way I also support them). So far I only have KftD, but Honey and Best*Scandal are on their way! Honey is definitely ,,a must have" for me- Take me out is my favourite song from Scandal!
I understand you, I also collect CDs, although lately I often listen streaming services

My budget is too small to own all discography of hundreds of artists I like, so streaming services are a good substitute. Not to mention that this way I've discovered some decent bands. What service do you use? Mine is Tidal. Luckily they have most of Scandal's albums, but for instance no Band-Maid!

P. S. You made a great choice with your signature- every time I see it, I'm mesmerised watching Shunkan gif instead of writing a reply  HARU laugh

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I am using Spotify. They officially launched their service in Russia in July 15, 2020, I remember that very well because on the same day the SCANDAL - SPICE single was released. They have a great system for matching similar artists, so you can easily find many. But, not all artists have complete discographies, as I understand it depends on your region.

Thank you, this is my favorite song!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:36 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Meph1766 wrote:I am using Spotify. They officially launched their service in Russia in July 15, 2020, I remember that very well because on the same day the SCANDAL - SPICE single was released. They have a great system for matching similar artists, so you can easily find many. But, not all artists have complete discographies, as I understand it depends on your region.

Thank you, this is my favorite song!

That was a great coincidence with the launching/releasing!
I'm browsing through Spotify right now and it seems there's a lot of new music I could have get, still no Best*Scandal though  TOMO angry 
I don't mind if some discographies are not complete, at least they have those artists! In my case, I've found my new Japanese discover there- 眉村ちあき:-)
Bottom line: thank you for your recommendation! Every day I'm more happy that I've joined this forum!

P.S. There's something special in Shunkan Sentimental for sure and the mv is also great! May I ask you what's your favourite Scandal album ("Best of" doesn't count ;-) ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
I still can't choose only one. There are a lot of good songs in each, and they are quite different in sound.
It's very difficult... But maybe I can say "Hello World", because it has songs, with the lead vocals of each member.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:58 am

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Meph1766 wrote:I still can't choose only one. There are a lot of good songs in each, and they are quite different in sound.
It's very difficult... But maybe I can say "Hello World", because it has songs, with the lead vocals of each member.

Will definitely check it next. And does it mean that also Rina sings? I really like bands that despite one main vocalist, also give other members a chance to sing. "Queen" will be the obvious example :-)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:37 am

p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yes, she sings on Oyasumi, her first full solo vocal. It also happens to be my favorite song from that album.

By the way - Hello.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:05 am

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
p.t.r wrote:Yes, she sings on Oyasumi, her first full solo vocal. It also happens to be my favorite song from that album.

By the way - Hello.

Hello "Neighbour" :-)
Thanks for the info. After yesterday's concert I have to catch up few songs!
By the way, I hope you have checked the 15th anniversary project that you have mentioned in other thread (link is still on the twitter)?
Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:31 am

p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yes. I have actually already seen it by the time you wrote that post.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:48 am

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
p.t.r wrote:Yes. I have actually already seen it by the time you wrote that post.

That's great! It's good that our countries have at least one representative :-) This way these messages could even stand out more among others!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:15 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Hi MuftaK - a (belated) welcome to SH.

To answer your question on the INVITATION livestream thread - yes, I am a guitar aficionado. You can tell from my signature below. 笑

MAMI crazed

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
MuftaK wrote:Will definitely check it next. And does it mean that also Rina sings? I really like bands that despite one main vocalist, also give other members a chance to sing. "Queen" will be the obvious example :-)
Yes, Rina sing in Midnight City, Oyasumi, I want you, Koi no Hajimari wa Diet and some small parts in other songs

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:Hi MuftaK - a (belated) welcome to SH.

To answer your question on the INVITATION livestream thread - yes, I am a guitar aficionado. You can tell from my signature below. 笑

MAMI crazed

Hi, nice to meet you!
That looks rad :-) If I could only have one of them...
Does this Les Paul in your avatar belong to you? Is that the Mami model or just "an ordinary" Gibson? By the way, can I ask you some questions (nothing serious) about those guitars?  

Meph1766 wrote:Yes, Rina sing in Midnight City, Oyasumi, I want you, Koi no Hajimari wa Diet and some small parts in other songs

Thanks for another! I know that in one of her songs she plays on guitar.
I really admire drummers that can play and sing, it's not a small feat! And can I ask you why Rina is your favourite Scandal member?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:41 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Hello Hubert! Welcome to SH and it's nice to meet you!

I'm Arthur from Manila, Philippines. I've been a fan of the band for seven years and probably the oldest of all SCANDAL fans in our country. I'm also a big fan of artists like Casiopea, Philosophy no Dance, Yoko Oginome, Chisato Moritaka, and Namie Amuro (Haruna's favorite singer).

Have fun and talk to you later!  TOMO plz

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.