thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

"one more time" MV with English subs:

#front-page #onemoretime

victor_survive wrote:it seems there are party poppers? maybe I'm too distracted and haven't heard them on any of the two songs

They mentioned the party poppers in this interview too. I'm pretty sure the only times you can hear them in both versions is in the last chorus right before the "Tokubetsu na..." line.

27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 27th Single - 「one more time」
Posted Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I can't wait for the "One More Time" layout on scandal-heaven ! HARU excited

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:52 pm

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I was expecting them to dance and they delivered. The MV is beautiful, the colors, looks (especially Tomo), smiles, the nostalgic synchronized dance steps, it's all there.

The video was well directed (nice name btw) and makes the song even better. They sure had fun doing it.

Oh, they eat a lot lol  
TOMO nom

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I admit the video is very cute.  I rate it 3 1/2 out of 4 bunnies.

It does seem reminiscent of the dancy pop videos that played on MTV in the 90s.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:34 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
hogradish wrote:I wonder who made the sign at the beginning that says "entrace".
And I love the word FREEDOM on the door plate!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Metal Mickey wrote:
hogradish wrote:I wonder who made the sign at the beginning that says "entrace".
And I love the word FREEDOM on the door plate!

Both are store-bought items HARU this

"Entrace" sign:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v744535878

"Freedom" sign:
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m42323372206

Also, here are the Oricon rankings for the single.

It debuted on the Daily Ranking chart at #16 on September 28th and ranked at #17 on the Weekly Ranking chart for the week of Sep. 27-Oct. 3 with an approximate sales number of 2,875.

It ranked on the Daily Ranking for three days (Sep. 28-30) before failing to rank in the top 30 on subsequent days.

Weekly Ranking (week of Sep. 27-Oct. 3), #17:
27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 WivBsPo

September 28, #16:
27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 WRnjSDJ

September 29, #13:
27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 Ql1iGuP

September 30, #18:
27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 SUhUC73

For reference:

• eternal - Debuted at #17 on the Weekly Ranking chart with 3,518~ copies sold
  • Ivory - Debuted at #14 on the Weekly Ranking chart with 3,051~ copies sold

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:36 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
I've said it before, after Fuzzy and Saishuuheiki, Kimi MV came out. And now I'll say it again マザーファッ子 the best music video director they've found lately.

27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here's SCANDAL's "one more time" video interview with Music Natalie:

English subs:
https://amara.org/en/videos/GwXnpf27iO0s/en/3722442/

#front-page #onemoretime

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 am

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love everything about this song and the music video! It just looks and sounds like so much fun that it always brings up my mood Happy 

That said, I will miss the Ivory layout here  MAMI omg

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:04 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm glad that all of you enjoyed this video.
CANTA Thumbs

As for me, this MV is unwatchable. I tried to force myself to do it, but every time, after 20-30 seconds I was just gaving up and had to turn it off eventually.
All these gaudy clothes combined with silly dance moves are definitely not for me.
Instead of "freedom" it should be written "kitsch" ;-)

And to be perfectly clear, we all have different opinions and I don't want to offend any other Scandal fan.  TOMO peace

So far, I was super enthusiastic about everything that the band has done.
But I guess, that even them can't completely change my sullen personality :-/
I still like the song though...

P. S. Thankfully, my faith for their sense of fashion has been restored- these outfits from sunday concert look beautiful!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Here are my thoughts about the song and its music video:

1. This is a top-notch music video! A lot of symbolism was used such as Haruna ripping the gate pass, Freedom signboard on the door, and bottles of imported soda. Those interpret resuming what we love and missed most during the last couple of years.

2. Mami shines most in the entire song. She's like having fun playing those '70s riffs. For me, she's way more confident as a funk rock than a pop-punk guitarist.

3. I don't know if Rina used a snom or just lowered the tuning of her signature snare while recording this song. Her snare drum tone is deeper than their livestream performance. It sounds amazing!

4. Haruna is a natural contralto with an undertrained mezzo-soprano range. She nailed all the notes especially the "Shake it Up, Baby" head tone with ease!

5. Tomomi is well, being herself: The Funk Rock Princess of Japan!

27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This video gave me diabetes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:26 pm

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Well the video is really cute. However this interview with Haruna pretty much explains what is going on with this song...funky KPop. Which is about as far away from what I like as you can get I'm afraid Happy

https://www.kkbox.com/jp/ja/column/interviews-0-275-1.html

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:08 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

ELFLOCK wrote:Well the video is really cute. However this interview with Haruna pretty much explains what is going on with this song...funky KPop. Which is about as far away from what I like as you can get I'm afraid Happy

Ha. I actually got that vibe from one specific little vocal part in the song. Sounded like something that, say, Twice would do.

Er, not that I would know...

27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:13 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ELFLOCK wrote:Well the video is really cute. However this interview with Haruna pretty much explains what is going on with this song...funky KPop. Which is about as far away from what I like as you can get I'm afraid Happy

I didn't expect the band to go in this musical direction ... I have a really mixed feeling about this evolution

I wonder what japanese fans think about this evolution?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:56 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
You thanked this post! -

izzy wrote:

I didn't expect the band to go in this musical direction ... I have a really mixed feeling about this evolution

I wonder what japanese fans think about this evolution?

This isn't a direction that the band is going in, it's just one song.

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:47 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
richard scranton wrote:

Right you are, SCANDAL isn't about to become "One Direction"
There's nothing to worry about—nothing at all!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:52 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
richard scranton wrote:
I'm not only talking about "One More Time", I know "Ivory" and "Eternal" are not K-Pop songs at all...  but there is something really different with the last 3 singles, like if they made a complete U-turn from the music they were playing not even 2 years ago (Masterpiece, Fuzzy, AMDKJ)... lot of synthesizers, no distortion on guitars,... so I wonder if this is just a musical trilogy or a deeper evolution

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:04 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
etwee wrote:Right you are, SCANDAL isn't about to become "One Direction"
There's nothing to worry about—nothing at all!
I hope you are right, because I don't want to forsake the band that I have discovered not so long ago!
Of course I'm joking, because I'm a fan for better and for worse and they have a great credit of trust with me.
And now I'm also really curious what will they do with their future music.

izzy wrote:I'm not only talking about "One More Time", I know "Ivory" and "Eternal" are not K-Pop songs at all...  but there is something really different with the last 3 singles, like if they made a complete U-turn from the music they were playing not even 2 years ago (Masterpiece, Fuzzy, AMDKJ)... lot of synthesizers, no distortion on guitars,... so I wonder if this is just a musical trilogy or a deeper evolution
Maybe they are in the place in their lives where that kind of lighter tunes suits them more?

So far I like every Scandal's song I heard (but I still haven't checked all of their albums) but definitely these songs from KftD you have mentioned draws me far more.  

And about Japanese fans- I don't know what they think about this evolution, but judging by their tweets they like all three singles from this year equally.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:01 pm

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
izzy wrote:
richard scranton wrote:
I'm not only talking about "One More Time", I know "Ivory" and "Eternal" are not K-Pop songs at all...  but there is something really different with the last 3 singles, like if they made a complete U-turn from the music they were playing not even 2 years ago (Masterpiece, Fuzzy, AMDKJ)... lot of synthesizers, no distortion on guitars,... so I wonder if this is just a musical trilogy or a deeper evolution

Rina herself said that these songs form a trilogy. But will it stop there?

To me it doesn't seem like a specific direction, but conveying in lyrics and melody what they feel at that precise moment, in a way they think is the most appropriate. As it happened one day during the bath, a slow-paced acoustic song was born to match Mami's feelings.

The mood will change once again and I could see them totally entering CHAI territory, for example, or going back to their good hard rock style. Perhaps they're still discovering what's to come. I would prefer less synths tho.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:37 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
Most likely it just a reaction to the way the world has changed since they put out KFTD and they had to put their world tour on hold.

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:42 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
TOMOmeow wrote:
1. This is a top-notch music video! A lot of symbolism was used such as Haruna ripping the gate pass, Freedom signboard on the door, and bottles of imported soda. Those interpret resuming what we love and missed most during the last couple of years.

richard scranton wrote:Most likely it just a reaction to the way the world has changed since they put out KFTD and they had to put their world tour on hold.

I think the nail was hit firmly on the head with these two comments, it's just about them letting loose and having fun trying to make everyone see there's brighter days ahead and it's not all doom and gloom. 

A perfectly crafted pop song with a fun entertaining video, it certainly put a smile on my face especially Mami trying to open that bag of chips, her face was a picture.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:00 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
This song kicks.  Even falling on the hard rock side, I can't help but enjoy this single.  I'm glad they put it out.  This thing better chart because it has all the force of a one hit wonder (no the band is not of course - fan since the start).  I'd have expected this to be released in the spring or summer.  Glad I picked up the vinyl.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:39 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

A bit belated, but I found the entrace to freedom MAMI dance lol

27th Single - 「one more time」 - Page 3 HQCOF7b

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:24 am

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
Over the years, I've felt that the Western influences on their music have become more apparent.  This single could play on an American station.  I think I like the party version more!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum