You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down

Hello from India! [Page 1 of 1]

Hello from India!
Posted Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 am

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
初めまして、アンクルです!Hi everyone, this is Ankur!

I hail from India and I have been listening to SCANDAL since 2010 when I discovered them through Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I had checked out their initial concert recordings back in those days and fell in love with them so much. I knew I must watch them live one day, but somehow that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully once the pandemic settles down, I will get my chance. Till then, livestreams it is.

Apart from SCANDAL I also love listening to YUI, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and other Japanese songs I've discovered through anime and through AnimeNFO Radio—I dunno if anyone here would know of it, but a good portion of my teenage years was spent on this online radio/jukebox service haha. My favourite anime include Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion and Gintama. I have done a wee bit of cosplaying and attended conventions in my country. I also love supporting both the men's and women's Japan National Football Teams.

Aside from my Japanophile tendencies I'm a fan of Lord of the Rings, the Mistborn series, superhero flicks, Poets of the Fall, and more.

I'm not sure why I've not joined this community before, even though I've seen it pop up on my Instagram feed quite a bit, but here I am finally. I checked some of the threads about the kind of stuff that Scandal Heaven has been upto and I wanted to mention that y'all are doing mighty well. I hope to have a great time interacting with everyone!

よろしくお願いします! Pleased to meet you all!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:17 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi,

Welcome to SH and that was an excellent introduction Happy

I am an English fan but my wife is Indian although she only likes Indian music and Elvis Presley.

I am not really into anime although my daughter loves it but I do like many Japanese groups male and female plus I am a huge Japanese idol fan.

Hope you have fun here.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:24 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph
Hello and welcome Ankur! 
Nice to meet you! I also did not register for a long time at first, only reading.
Do you have favorite SCANDAL song?

I also like Lord of the Rings and other fantasy



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:04 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Nice to meet you Ankur! Welcome!

Better join late than later ;-) If I could only knew of this forum few years earlier...
Do you support football teams? That's nice, because I support volleyball teams :-)
You called yourself Japanophile, do you like something more apart music and anime?
One more question, you are listening to Yui? Her discography is quite big, do you recommend any of her albums? I discovered her music... well today, but it seems really interesting. Not to mention her incredible story and how she achieved her goals.
Cheers
Hubert

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:47 pm

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:Hi,

Welcome to SH and that was an excellent introduction Happy

I am an English fan but my wife is Indian although she only likes Indian music and Elvis Presley.

Hii, thank youu! Haha does she like Bollywood? And do you speak any Indian language yourself?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Meph1766 wrote:Hello and welcome Ankur! 
Do you have favorite SCANDAL song?

I also like Lord of the Rings and other fantasy

Hello!! I think I like different songs depending on my mood. My favourites include Koe, Aitai, Sono Toki Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain, and Your Song. Which other fantasy works do you like?

MuftaK wrote:Nice to meet you Ankur! Welcome!

Better join late than later ;-) If I could only knew of this forum few years earlier...
Do you support football teams? That's nice, because I support volleyball teams :-)
You called yourself Japanophile, do you like something more apart music and anime?
One more question, you are listening to Yui? Her discography is quite big, do you recommend any of her albums? I discovered her music... well today, but it seems really interesting. Not to mention her incredible story and how she achieved her goals.

Yoo, thank you! Other than music and anime, I also try to learn the language, but recently I've been a bit too busy.

Yui is amazing! I love her voice  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  The first 2 albums (From Me to You, and Can't Buy My Love) are amazing. My favourite songs are How Crazy, Highway Chance, and Blue Wind. You should also check out songs from her band, Flower Flower  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:21 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Hi Ankur,

Yes she is very fond of the Bollywood Movies and I like some of them too Happy

She grew up in Guyana in South America and it was a British Colony then so she speaks English but she can speak Hindii as well, I only know a little.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
http://dapperrunner.com
Hey Ankur! Welcome to SH! Have you chosen your favorite SCANDAL band member?

I'm Arthur from Manila, Philippines. Not a big anime fan but a huge SCANDAL, Japanese jazz fusion, and city pop fan. I also love Indian food!

Have fun and talk to you later!



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SHAKE IT, BABY! SHAKE IT!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:40 am

Andy666

Andy666

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hello Ankur, nice to meet another Lord of the Rings fan, I read while a few fantasy books over the years

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph
ankur_chipps wrote:Hello!! I think I like different songs depending on my mood. My favourites include Koe, Aitai, Sono Toki Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain, and Your Song. Which other fantasy works do you like?
Nice! My favorite song is Shunkan Sentimental.

I have read a lot of Russian writer Nick Perumov. He wrote his sequel to The Lord of the Rings. True, I'm not sure if this writer has been widely publicized outside of Russia.
Also the saga of the witcher Andrzej Sapkowski.
And I love Stephen King. My favorite writer, I probably read all of his books.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:20 am

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hello Ankur, welcome to SH!

What Superhero flicks are you into Marvel Universe or DC or both?

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:41 am

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:Yes she is very fond of the Bollywood Movies and I like some of them too Happy
Hehe nice! Which is your favourite?

TOMOmeow wrote:Hey Ankur! Welcome to SH! Have you chosen your favorite SCANDAL band member?

I'm Arthur from Manila, Philippines. Not a big anime fan but a huge SCANDAL, Japanese jazz fusion, and city pop fan. I also love Indian food!
Hi Arthur! Thank you! My favourite band member has been MAMI for many many years now! MAMI young corn

Andy666 wrote:Hello Ankur, nice to meet another Lord of the Rings fan, I read while a few fantasy books over the years
Hello Andy! Who's your favourite character in LOTR? I really like Smeagol/Gollum!

Meph1766 wrote:Nice! My favorite song is Shunkan Sentimental.
I have read a lot of Russian writer Nick Perumov. He wrote his sequel to The Lord of the Rings. True, I'm not sure if this writer has been widely publicized outside of Russia.
Also the saga of the witcher Andrzej Sapkowski.
And I love Stephen King. My favorite writer, I probably read all of his books.
Ah, Shunkan Sentimental has a special place in my heart, being the first SCANDAL song I came across!
I actually have never read a Stephen King, but you know what? I'm gonna change that v v soon haha!

GT wrote:Hello Ankur, welcome to SH!

What Superhero flicks are you into Marvel Universe or DC or both?
Hello!! I enjoy both DC and Marvel! Nolan's Batman trilogy was epic, and recently I thoroughly enjoyed Joker as well as the Snyder Cut. In Marvel, I looove the first Avenger film, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok and Doctor Strange! How about you?

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:42 am

Andy666

Andy666

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For my favourite character, would had to be the Nazgul(Black Riders). Will you be watching the new Middle-Earth TV series when it come out next year.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:30 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
ankur_chipps wrote:[...] I also try to learn the language, but recently I've been a bit too busy.

Yui is amazing! I love her voice  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  The first 2 albums (From Me to You, and Can't Buy My Love) are amazing. My favourite songs are How Crazy, Highway Chance, and Blue Wind. You should also check out songs from her band, Flower Flower  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I know that feeling- I've been trying to learn it for 11 years, but I feel that I'm still at the kindergarten level ;-)

Yui also has a band? That's interesting- thank you for letting me know! So far "We will go" is my favourite song, but I have to listen more to those two albums you have mentioned above.
Also, this is what I really like about this forum, so many people, with so many different tastes and opinions so you can still learn a thing or two :-)

[...] Nolan's Batman trilogy was epic, and recently I thoroughly enjoyed Joker as well as the Snyder Cut. In Marvel, I looove the first Avenger film, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok and Doctor Strange! How about you?
Nice choices! For me, Winter Soldier is one of the best that MCU has to offer. I also love second Spider-Man (the one with Tobey). And I'm looking forward to Dr. Strange 2!

P.S. Mami is your favourite band member? She definitely has the best moves MAMI dance

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:07 am

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer


GT wrote:Hello Ankur, welcome to SH!

What Superhero flicks are you into Marvel Universe or DC or both?
Hello!! I enjoy both DC and Marvel! Nolan's Batman trilogy was epic, and recently I thoroughly enjoyed Joker as well as the Snyder Cut. In Marvel, I looove the first Avenger film, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok and Doctor Strange! How about you?
Nolan's Batman trilogy is indeed epic, Joker is very good also. Really enjoyed Shazam and going back in time the first two Batman films with Michael Keaton in the role (1989 & 1992) were good then that series went downhill quicker than the Flash can run.

Marvel side of things Ragnarok, Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy, that opening scene is just quality. Tom Holland's Spider-Man possibly edges Tobey Maguire's Spidey for me, but I love Sam Rami's films so it's hard for me to dislike and he's directing the new Doctor Strange film so Yay! Not so keen on the Andrew Garfield Spidey but Emma Stone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  was Gwen Stacy so every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Andy666 wrote:Will you be watching the new Middle-Earth TV series when it come out next year.

You can count on it! I'm quite excited for it!

MuftaK wrote:I know that feeling- I've been trying to learn it for 11 years, but I feel that I'm still at the kindergarten level ;-)

Yui also has a band? That's interesting- thank you for letting me know! So far "We will go" is my favourite song, but I have to listen more to those two albums you have mentioned above.
P.S. Mami is your favourite band member? She definitely has the best moves MAMI dance

Oh, haha, same I've also been learning for about a decade, and I would say I'm at an elementary level Tongue

I believe YUI took a break from solo-ing and started this band. "We will go" a nice song too! Thanks to your message I heard a lot of YUI songs today after a while hehe!

OMG that gif is kawaii af! <3

GT wrote:Really enjoyed Shazam and going back in time the first two Batman films with Michael Keaton in the role (1989 & 1992) were good then that series went downhill quicker than the Flash can run.

Tom Holland's Spider-Man possibly edges Tobey Maguire's Spidey for me, but I love Sam Rami's films so it's hard for me to dislike and he's directing the new Doctor Strange film so Yay! Not so keen on the Andrew Garfield Spidey but Emma Stone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  was Gwen Stacy so every cloud has a silver lining as they say.
Ohh, I still haven't checked Shazam yet, I should, thanks for the reminder!

Regarding Spider-Man, the first two Sam Raimi films were such a cult classic, I remember being so so excited about them. The third one I found a bit disappointing. Andrew Garfield films, I actually enjoyed his characterisation, and Emma Stone as you mentioned was lovely! Tom Holland is a great Spidey, but I wish there was less Iron Man in those films Tongue

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:51 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)


Ohh, I still haven't checked Shazam yet, I should, thanks for the reminder!

Just to add Shazam is great watch and has a sequel coming in 2023.

For something not DC or Marvel and it may not be your thing but Brightburn a sort of anti superhero/horror, highly recommend it.

My non-recommendation The New Mutants, if you haven't watched it yet, DON'T! and if you have seen it I'm truly sorry! lol

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:21 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
ankur_chipps wrote:Oh, haha, same I've also been learning for about a decade, and I would say I'm at an elementary level Tongue

Thanks to your message I heard a lot of YUI songs today after a while hehe!

OMG that gif is kawaii af! <3

[...]
Regarding Spider-Man, the first two Sam Raimi films were such a cult classic, I remember being so so excited about them. The third one I found a bit disappointing. Andrew Garfield films, I actually enjoyed his characterisation, and Emma Stone as you mentioned was lovely!
No matter how difficult it is and how bad I am, I won't quit it! Someday I will travel to that beautiful country knowing that I won't embarrass me or my Japanese interlocutor ;-) Good luck to both of us!

I'm still moving through Yui's discography, but so far, another great Japanese artist!
There's so many of them and every member recommends something new, so I think there is no end in sight!

I'm also quite happy that I'm not the only one who likes Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy (looks like it is popular to forget about the predecessors)! A. Garfield, for me, is the weakest of the three and in the near future, I'm sure Emma Stone will become a national treasure ;-)

P.S. Yeah, that gif :-)

GT wrote:Just to add Shazam is great watch and has a sequel coming in 2023.

For something not DC or Marvel and it may not be your thing but Brightburn a sort of anti superhero/horror, highly recommend it.

My non-recommendation The New Mutants, if you haven't watched it yet, DON'T! and if you have seen it I'm truly sorry! lol
If you don't mind, I might steal your recommendation and watch that movie (Brightburn)! If it's a horror, it might be good enough for me!
By the way, do you also like Sam Raimi's horrors?

Hey, The New Mutants was not a bad film. Sure, I think I won't watch it again but it wasn't a wasted time. There's a bunch of more dull super-hero movies out there.

And I still need to watch Shazam!

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from India!
Posted Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:41 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MuftaK wrote:If you don't mind, I might steal your recommendation and watch that movie (Brightburn)! If it's a horror, it might be good enough for me!
By the way, do you also like Sam Raimi's horrors?

Hey, The New Mutants was not a bad film. Sure, I think I won't watch it again but it wasn't a wasted time. There's a bunch of more dull super-hero movies out there.

And I still need to watch Shazam!
New Mutants just wasn't for me, but yeah there's a lot worse the Fantastic Four movie from 2017  TOMO nope

Sam Raimi's horror films, yes I'm a big fan. The Evil Dead trilogy is just superb, Bruce Campbell was literally put through hell making those films.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2021 SCANDAL HEAVEN.