thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Scandal-1

On January 26th, SCANDAL will be releasing their new album MIRROR!

The album will come in 4 different editions: Regular, DVD, Magazine, DVD+Merch.

Here is the release schedule:

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Q1ax32D

SCANDAL's 10th album MIRROR will be released on January 26th, 2022 (Wed)!

This is their first album in two years, following the release of their previous album Kiss from the darkness released in February 2020.

The album will include 10 songs in total, including the single songs released this year: eternal, Ivory, one more time.

It will come in four editions: Regular (CD only), Limited Edition A (CD+DVD), Limited Edition B (CD+Magazine), DVD+Merch (CD+DVD+Merch in a box).

Tracklist:

1. MIRROR
Words: RINA - Music & Arrangement: MAMI

2. eternal
Words: RINA - Music: MAMI - Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

3. Ai ni Naranakatta no sa (愛にならなかったのさ; It Didn't Turn Out to Be True Love)
Words & Music: MAMI - Arrangement: Kouhei Munemoto, SCANDAL

4. Kanojo wa Wave (彼女はWave; She Is a Wave)
Words, Music, & Arrangement: RINA

5. Ai no Shoutai (愛の正体; Love's True Colors)
Words & Music: TOMOMI - Arrangement: Satori Shiraishi

6. Ivory (アイボリー)
Words & Music: MAMI - Arrangement: SCANDAL, Kouhei Munemoto

7. Yuugure, Tokeru (夕暮れ、溶ける; Dusk Is Melting)
Words & Music: HARUNA - Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

8. Ao no Naru Yoru no Sukima de (蒼の鳴る夜の隙間で; In the Gaps of the Blue, Echoing Night)
Words & Music: RINA - Arrangement: Hibiki Nishikawa

9. Prism (プリズム)
Words: RINA - Music: TOMOMI - Arrangement: Kouhei Munemoto, SCANDAL

10. one more time
Words: RINA - Music: MAMI - Arrangement: SCANDAL, Yuta Hashimoto

Regular Edition: CD (3,000 yen)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Scandal-1

Limited Edition A: CD+DVD (4,000 yen)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 71a7-V02o8m-L-AC-SL1500

Limited Edition B: CD+Magazine (4,000 yen)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 61l-Iic-Vz-PUL-AC-SL1500

DVD+Merch Edition: CD+DVD+GOODS ※Luxurious BOX (10,000 yen)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 71-MD68-Hz50-L-AC-SL1500

Limited Edition A
DVD: SCANDAL DOCUMENTARY "her" Diary 2021 SPECIAL EDITION

An approximately 50-minute-long video that features unreleased footage from the 「“her” Diary 2021 on YouTube」 documentary series posted to YouTube every month, as well as a new interview of the band members looking back on 2021, their 15th-anniversary year. A valuable video full of highlights.

Limited Edition B
Magazine: ”her” Magazine Vol.3

DVD+Merch Edition
DVD: MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS (Living in the city, SPICE, Tsuki, eternal, Ivory, one more time, Ai ni Naranakatta no sa)
+Long-sleeve T-shirt with a print of the CD cover (size L) in a luxurious box

※The album will be available on streaming services and major download services starting from January 26th.

<10th Album「MIRROR」 Preorder Special Site>

https://www.her-label.com/MIRROR/

<Album 「MIRROR」 Preorder Bonus Details>

The following bonuses will be available to those who purchase any of the three Limited Editions (DVD, Magazine, DVD+Merch) for a limited time only.

<Campaign Information>

Those who preorder the applicable products during the preorder period will receive an A4-size clear file.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Q0YpOxV

<Participating Stores>
・TOWER RECORDS stores nationwide / TOWER RECORDS ONLINE
・HMV stores nationwide / HMV & BOOKS online / Loppi terminals at Lawson and Ministop stores nationwide
・TSUTAYA RECORDS stores nationwide / TSUTAYA Online Shopping
・Amazon.co.jp
※On Amazon.co.jp, separate listings with the bonuses will be posted. Customers looking for the bonuses should purchase the products that are specified to come with the bonuses.
・Rakuten Books
※On Rakuten Books, separate listings with the bonuses will be posted. Customers looking for the bonuses should purchase the products that are specified to come with the bonuses.
・WonderGOO/Shinseido (excluding some stores)/Shinseido WonderGOO Rakuten Ichiba
・Yamano Musical Instruments Stores that offer CDs/DVDs
CD Japan
・Victor Online Store

<Preorder Period>

2021.11.26 (Fri) 19:00 JST~2021.12.19 (Sun) 18:00 JST

<Album「MIRROR」 Chain-Specific Original Bonuses>

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Bonuses

Those who purchase the new album (any edition) will receive bonuses from the following stores on a first-come, first-served basis.

■TOWER RECORDS stores nationwide / TOWER RECORDS ONLINE:
A4 clear file (MAMI)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 7O0Kaaf

■Amazon.co.jp:
Triangular calendar
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 R19IN3Q

■HMV stores nationwide / HMV & BOOKS online:
A4 clear file (HARUNA)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Uuyd2Qn

■TSUTAYA RECORDS stores nationwide/ TSUTAYA Online Shopping:
A4 clear file (TOMOMI)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 ZAeAhYh

■Rakuten Books:
Rubber key charm
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 5gg7v8x

■Seven Net Shopping:
Mini smartphone stand key chain
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 NwmdTP2

■SCANDAL-supporting stores (CD Japan is one of them):
A4 clear file (RINA)
mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 N9nso5A

https://www.scandal-4.com/news/mirror/

#front-page #mirror

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 10th Album - 「MIRROR」
Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:50 am

LoveSurvivor305

LoveSurvivor305

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow! Excited for the album, but is this seriously the official artwork? I don't see anything like an "artwork reveal" in the schedule, so it probably is. But I'm pretty sure you could design something better in MS paint. Sorry, this is quite awful.   TOMO wtf

Last edited by LoveSurvivor305 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 am

p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I hope they won't forget to include songs from 2020. In particular, Spice.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I just being on CD Japan, it Rina for clear folder, plus early order clear folder.

I may order Type A, the one with DVD. Hoping JPU Records will do English version of Type B with the Magazine, just like they did with KFTD Album.

I change my mind, I went for DVD+Merch EditionI had points save up and you can use the Black Friday coupon to knock the price off a bit.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:47 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, I'm just going to guess here, but I think the band members, stuck at home due to recent events, spent a lot of time REFLECTING ( get it? ) about who they were, who Scandal was, and who they as people and as a band wanted to be. One thing they might have thought about was whether or not rock music was as fulfilling as it once was, or whether branching out a little and trying other musical styles would make them happier, and possibly sell more records. I once heard the phrase "Respect the past, protect the future". I think Scandal might be thinking along the same lines.
I was a bit alarmed by the album only having 10 songs, but I reminded myself that a typical vinyl album had about the same.
I tend to agree about recent artwork. They look like accidental smartphone shots. But I get the idea. I can imagine a photo showing Queens are Trumps propped up next to a plastic cup of beer on a card table, taken at some frat party and I can also imagine another photo showing Mirror propped up next to a flute of champagne and a string of pearls, taken in some luxurious view apartment. As you grow up, things are just different. Um, usually. I think they might want their cover art to reflect their maturity as people and as a band. However, I'm glad the One More Time video shows they're still capable of having plain old goofy fun on occasion.
I know some people are worried about changes in the kind of music Scandal plays, but I also know there are some people who say Scandal changed their lives. This new album might be a life-changing event for my taste in music. I'm looking forward to it.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:15 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I actually really like the album art. It's simple yes, but classy. Ordinary, but also numinous. 
The art is different for each version. Each one has mirror effects coming off a different medium. In each case it doesn't seem clear whether the reflecting medium is solid, liquid, or ambient air. 
In the art for the merch edition, we see how a window, which is supposed to be just transparent, also reflects like a mirror. There's an image like that in RINA's wonderful lyrics for Bright (speaking of Queens are Trumps!)
MIRROR eh?—wow! can't wait to go Through the Looking-Glass

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:49 am

sc_michi

Caless Student
Caless Student
So excited when I saw their official LINE account message. I’m having a hard time deciding where I should place my pre-order though. Looking forward to the concept photo releases!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:58 am

JasonTheMagnificent

JasonTheMagnificent

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonTheMagnificent
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

How come they never use their SC logo on their album/single covers? Weird

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:27 am

LoveSurvivor305

LoveSurvivor305

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:I think they might want their cover art to reflect their maturity as people and as a band.

etwee wrote:It's simple yes, but classy. Ordinary, but also numinous. 

I actually take no issue with the concept itself. The pictures (close-ups of shiny car parts or something...) are OK. Don't seem to be representative of their music, but what do we know. Maybe the other 6 songs we haven't heard yet will be a lot darker (or shinier...or about car parts).

The problem is the lettering. Seems just way too big, and they used some horrible basic font. Cause it's not like the band has their own...ehm...official logo or anything, right? If it was smaller (or not there at all), it would be fine by me. But the way it is now, it certainly doesn't say: "We are mature". Rather something like: "We bought our first computer yesterday." Nothing that would make you proud to have on the shelf. 

btw. Honestly, I could hardly imagine a more mature/grown up album cover, than simply a picture of the band. The surroundings, the clothing, facial expressions etc. - That all can say basically anything you want. I'm sure there's a reason they don't do that anymore, but I certainly can't think of any.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I love that they have a schedule for album details  Peace Onion
The album artwork seems good for a single cover, not sure an album. Though I'm not really surprised they went that route, they seem to be toning down and simplifying...well everything lol. Maybe its an "reflecting" of the album contents, very simple/toned down songs. 
Besides that Ao no Naru song, I haven't been really in love with their singles this year,  im hoping the remaining 6 songs are more attention grabbing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
I'm looking forward to the album. But again another nightmare on the cover TOMO wtf . I don't understand it. I haven't seen a nice cover since 2019, when they create her. Do they really like it themselves.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:13 pm

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's a great concept as their music, now more than ever, reflects their deepest feelings.

And the release is just around the corner. Tomomi said they wouldn't rush things, so I'm surprised the album will be out in January. They'll have to spend Christmas in the mixing room mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 1f604 

So it's six new songs, and a bonus track maybe. I wonder if they're going to bring balance to the SCANDAL force by adding some rock tunes.

LoveSurvivor305 wrote:Wow! Excited for the album, but is this seriously the official artwork? I don't see anything like an "artwork reveal" in the schedule, so it probably is. But I'm pretty sure you could design something better in MS paint. Sorry, this is quite awful.

I'm having a hard time with the artwork, especially the blurry text. There are infinite possibilities to work on this concept. It's a massive downgrade from the awesome KFTD art imo.

If I remember correctly, they used mirrors on the Temptation Box cover.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

The Artwork is quite strange, I would had thought if they calling Album "Mirror" it would be reflecting of girls now and 15 years ago. That maybe too easy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:24 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I wonder if "Living in the City" and "Spice" will be on the new album too?

As many of you, I don't like the artwork... I miss the band photo on the cover. RINA cry

I don't know what to expect, I'm not a fan of the last 3 singles so if the new album is mostly "pop" I might be quite disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 am

Cherxyn

Cherxyn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Aah yes a new album. I genuinely hope SPICE will be on this, it's a good song. Cannot wait for the band's concept photos. mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 1f496

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:58 am

Dash

Dash

Caless Student
Caless Student
izzy wrote:I miss the band photo on the cover. RINA cry
 Me too. The last time they were on the cover was "Honey". I also miss the B2 poster that comes with their singles and albums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Andy666 wrote:The Artwork is quite strange, I would had thought if they calling Album "Mirror" it would be reflecting of girls now and 15 years ago. That maybe too easy.
That would be much better than what we see.

And also, it seems to me, making such strange covers they scare away potential customers who are not know the band. I think that such a cover has little chance to interest the listener if he has never heard the band. Personally, if I saw it, I would pass it by.

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:02 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here are the details for the different editions of MIRROR:

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 SB4tzze

Limited Edition A (DVD Edition):
Includes 「SCANDAL DOCUMENTARY "her" Diary 2021 SPECIAL EDITION」, an approximately 50-minute long video that features unreleased footage from the 「“her” Diary 2021 on YouTube」 documentary series posted to YouTube every month, as well as a new interview of the band members looking back on 2021, their 15th-anniversary year. A valuable video full of highlights.

Limited Edition B (Magazine Edition):
Includes 「“her” Magazine Vol.3」.

DVD+Merch Edition:
Includes a DVD with 7 music videos (Living in the city, SPICE, Tsuki, eternal, Ivory, one more time + one more video), as well a long-sleeve t-shirt (size L).

The album cover T-shirt, which has been popular with past singles and albums, is now available as a long-sleeve shirt that is perfect for this season!

https://www.scandal-4.com/news/mirror_album_details/

#front-page #mirror

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:45 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think the prices increased a bit? I got all KFTD versions on 2020 and comparing prices, the Merch edition was 8500 yen + shipping, this time, the merch version 10000 yen + shipping on CDJapan (on Amazon JP is even more expensive)

Perhaps the 1500 yen difference is due to the long-sleeve shirt? anyways, I'll torture my wallet and get 4 versions again

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:22 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
How long after the announcement of KFTD release did they announce the Vinyl version?
HARU think

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:30 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

victor_survive wrote:I think the prices increased a bit?

The price of Magazine Edition technically also increased: 3,800 yen → 4,000 yen

richard scranton wrote:How long after the announcement of KFTD release did they announce the Vinyl version?

A month and a half. The Vinyl Edition was also released 3 weeks after the other editions were officially released.

Nov. 13, 2019 - KFTD is first announced. Release date is Feb. 12, 2020
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14785-new-album-kiss-from-the-darkness#764598

Dec. 24/25, 2019 - Vinyl edition announced. Release date is Mar. 4, 2020
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14785p75-new-album-kiss-from-the-darkness#764958

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I think I will go with the Limited B Magazine edition and then wait for the subsequent edition to be released by Taiwan that probably include the documentary DVD at a lower price.
Last time I got the KFTD on Vinyl, Magazine and DVD editions before I found there was Taiwan edition with the DVD at 1/3 the price of the Japan's original.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:02 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Group promo photo for MIRROR:

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 000005-trime

And here is what the A4 file will look like (you will receive it if you preorder any of the Limited Editions by December 19th; more details here):

mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 Q0YpOxV

#front-page #mirror

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So I'm looking at Mami, wondering why they chose this photo. I can see Rina liking it because her pout makes her look more like Haruna, lol.
Then I thought that maybe they're trying to convey the emotions they'd all shared in recent times. Like Tomomi is surprised, Mami is stressed and unsure, Haruna is knocked off balance, and Rina is just bored. If I look at it that way, the photo is pretty good. If I look at it as just a pose, I think they could have chosen something else.

Last edited by hogradish on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 am

LoveSurvivor305

LoveSurvivor305

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:If I look at it as just a pose, I think they could have chosen something else.

The other day I had to sort through some kindergarten photos and try to pick the best one. It is absolutely impossible to make little kids stand still and smile at the camera. There's always someone looking the other way, making a not very flattering face, or just simply moving so fast they just become a blur. 

It seems to be a similar case in this band's photoshoots. When in the same picture, they rarely all look good.  mirror - 10th Album - 「MIRROR」 1f604 
And you'd think such gorgeous ladies wouldn't even have to try...

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.