Fever
Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:33 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Apparently, Tomo had a fever at the very least.  

https://www.scandal-4.com/news/scandal-world-tour-2022-mirror-2/

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:37 pm

BMC

BMC

Caless Student
Caless Student
etwee wrote:God save our dear TOMOMI and our dear SCANDAL. Feeling the sorrow of those who made plans and were looking forward to seeing them. (It would have been relatively easy for us in Boston since we live only a couple of miles from their concert here.) Can't help wonder about what this does to the band's bottom line. After all, touring is a livelihood for them and their staffs. I worry if rent for cancelled dates was a sunk cost, if they have any kind of insurance against this, etc. Anyone can look around and see small businesses that went under because of the pandemic and now we have the new inflation as well, and so many people are suffering much worse... but, well, they never talk about this stuff, we'll never know, and there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

For foreign artists doing an extensive US tour in venues the size that Scandal is doing these tours will be lucky to break even on costs. Yes, most of the costs are sunk costs but in the post-Covid era there is likely language in promoter contracts to try and mitigate losses in the event of a cancellation but the band will lose money on a cancellation.

There is likely a venue deposit that they will lose on a cancellation as well as the fixed costs of rental equipment/transpo/lodging, airfare, etc..

Brian from Atlanta. Band-Maid: MISA/Akane Scandal: Rina/Mami
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Get well soon Tomo. It's a good sign that the other members and staff didn't get virus.

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:30 am

Keashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
I hope Tomomi gets well soon and the rest of the band and crew does not show symptoms in the near future. But when you see how fast this virus spreads, it would be a wonder if no one gets infected.

One other question: I bought VIP tickets for the Scandal concert in Berlin in 2020. Does anyone know if the additional benefits of the VIP tickets still apply?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:26 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Keashaa wrote:I bought VIP tickets for the Scandal concert in Berlin in 2020. Does anyone know if the additional benefits of the VIP tickets still apply?

Yes, they do. The perks are a photo, gift, and early entry, which is the same as what we've gotten on the North America leg of the tour.

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:46 pm

ScandalousZack

Caless Student
Caless Student
BMC wrote:I know that others near me were recording and taking pics so I can always find them and listen to my blown out voice trying to shout and sing along in horrible Japanese with this amazing band. LOL

Exactly. The first time I recorded one of these concerts I realized everyone around me was uploading their videos too, so I didn't bother with my phone after that and just enjoyed the show.

Sucks about Tomomi. What terrible timing. I hope it's not too serious and they can continue on after a brief quarantine/rest. If we're out the money for flights and hotels imagine how expensive it must be for the band to cancel. It's not something they take lightly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:35 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's gotten a little quiet around here. Everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop, as it were. Speaking for myself, while I hope the Seattle show can go on, I'd rather have it postponed than delay Tomomi's recovery, putting Anaheim in jeopardy. The LA crowd has proven it's loyalty and deserve a happy reunion with a band hitting on all cylinders. 
In other words, I hope Team Scandal puts Tomomi first, a good show in Anaheim second, and Seattle and profit third.
And has anyone seen a box for gifts yet?

Last edited by hogradish on Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 pm

Miasthma

Miasthma

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

hogradish wrote:And has anyone seen a box for gifts yet?
NYC had a table set up to receive them and I hear Atlanta had the same thing.

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 Spotwr10mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 Spotwr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:55 pm

GhostCow

GhostCow

Caless Student
Caless Student
I had come to this thread to let people know that I have an extra ticket to give away for the show at Plano next week on the 26th due to a friend not being able to make it. I have a feeling that show is going to be cancelled now though. I hope I can get a refund if that happens. I bought a VIP pass and two regular tickets. Good thing I paid extra to be able to cancel the flight if the show ends up being cancelled.

If the show doesn't get cancelled the ticket is up for grabs though. You just have to meet me somewhere a couple of hours before the show so that I know it's going to someone who's going to use it and not a scalper or something.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:37 am

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
GhostCow wrote:I had come to this thread to let people know that I have an extra ticket to give away for the show at Plano next week on the 26th due to a friend not being able to make it. I have a feeling that show is going to be cancelled now though. I hope I can get a refund if that happens. I bought a VIP pass and two regular tickets. Good thing I paid extra to be able to cancel the flight if the show ends up being cancelled.

If the show doesn't get cancelled the ticket is up for grabs though. You just have to meet me somewhere a couple of hours before the show so that I know it's going to someone who's going to use it and not a scalper or something.

That’s very kind!  I’m thinking that the show is still a go.  We’ll see!  I’m thinking they should have required masks at the concert in addition to the meet and greet.  BA.5 is just that good!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:16 am

ScandalousZack

Caless Student
Caless Student
Doubt people wearing/not wearing masks in the audience was significant. She probably got it flying from Japan and all over the country. Everyone I know who has started flying again has gotten COVID.

But I hope you're right about the show going on!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:04 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Sometimes I wonder if they worry about it too much, I have a Japanese friend who is self isolating with Covid for the third time and she said it is no worse than a bad cold.
All venues are back to normal in the UK, we had the Glastonbury Festival for the first time in two years.

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

COVID precautions
Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:10 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:Sometimes I wonder if they worry about it too much
The issue is not so much how bad it hits us personally but how it might affect others. (The mask protects people nearby more than the wearers.) We're pretty much back to "normal" in New England too but there are still some people dying of it here. We had to miss seeing CHAI here a few months ago because someone we were hanging out with came down with the COVID and there wasn't enough time to take a test before the event. Maybe we are too cautious but that's the Precautionary Principle for ya... BTW remember a few years ago when the band had to go to Hawaii without MAMI—that was before COVID of course

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@etwee

You are right of course, I just want things to be back to normal Sad

Back to top Go down

Dallas Refund
Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:04 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I guess things aren’t so good with the band.  Dallas refund was just processed…

Thanks for the fun in Toronto Scandal!  I’ll see you again soon.

Note from Band:

Thank you all for your warm messages to Tomo. 

Unfortunately, now Mami has tested positive and Haruna and Rina also have some throat pain, although their tests are negative for now. We are very emotional and there is no easy way to say this, however, we have no choice but to cancel the rest of the North America tour including Seattle, Anaheim and Dallas.

We know that there are many people who have waited for this tour for a long time and we were also really looking forward to sharing our music again after these last couple years. It’s absolutely heartbreaking that we cannot continue the tour anymore and have to return to Japan, but we are already discussing with the team for new dates. We will announce the new information as soon as we can.

In the meantime, please contact your local venue for any questions regarding tickets.

Thank you so much for all your continued support and we hope to meet everyone soon.”

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:24 pm

BMC

BMC

Caless Student
Caless Student
RINA cry

Brian from Atlanta. Band-Maid: MISA/Akane Scandal: Rina/Mami
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:34 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Damn, I dont know who I feel more sorry for, SCANDAL or the fans Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:03 pm

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Let's just hope everyone on their team have a speedy recovery and no complications. It's a bummer to the fans but I'm sure we'll all continue to support them.

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 4fKYQWz

English translation:

Thank you for your continued support for SCANDAL.

As previously announced, during the band's stay in the United States, TOMOMI tested positive for COVID-19. We decided to postpone the Chicago and Vancouver performances and reschedule new dates.

However, MAMI and RINA have now also tested positive. HARUNA is testing negative but has a sore throat.

Due to these circumstances, we have unfortunately decided to cancel all upcoming North America performances on this tour, including Seattle, Anaheim, and Dallas.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to those who had been looking forward to these performances.

Details about new performances, refunds, etc. will be announced soon. Going forward, we will continue to place the safety of the artist, staff, and audience first, and strive to prevent infection and the spread of COVID.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1549429565029699585

And here are the tweets the band posted in English:

Thank you so much for all your warm messages to TOMOMI. Unfortunately, now MAMI and RINA have testing positive and HARUNA also have some throat pain although their tests are negative for now.

We are very emotional and there is no easy way to say this, however, we have no choice but we need to cancel the rest of the North America tour including Seattle, Anaheim and Dallas.

We know that there are many people who have waited for this tour for a long time and we were also really looking forward to sharing our music again after these last couple years. It’s absolutely heartbreaking that we cannot continue the tour anymore and have to return to Japan.

Please contact your local venue for the refunds of your tickets.

Thank you so much for all your continued support and we hope to meet everyone very soon!

Love HARUNA, TOMOMI, MAMI, RINA

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1549431609396383744
https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1549431723196178434
https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1549431789214507008
https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1549431844491313154

HARUNA's tweet:

Although it is very unfortunate, this is the decision we've reached. Firstly, all of the members will make sure to recuperate🙇‍�
We didn't get to do the entire tour, but at the 4 shows we were able to do, we received so much love and strength - It made us so happy! Our hearts are connected no matter where we are in the world. We love you guys♡
Thank you!!

https://twitter.com/scandal_haruna/status/1549432704298614785

#front-page #mirror

mirror - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:10 pm

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
Well I hope everyone that got attend the shows enjoyed it to the fullest!

Just the reality of this COVID world we live in, let’s support the girls speedy recovery. SCANDAL to infinity!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:19 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This cancellation is for the best. The band's health should be first priority. At least they mentioned the possibility of rescheduling new dates, so that is a good sign.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:38 pm

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ah damn, that's so sad, hope they all get better soon! 

I wonder how this will impact the Europe tour. They would want to be extra careful going forward.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:40 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
I’ll turn some of my refund into purchases from their store.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:45 pm

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I think we knew in back of our minds, that as soon as Tomo got it, one of others would get it.  It was always was going to be a risk with the flying, the hotels they staying at and the number of Gigs they were doing.

All we can do is pray for them to stay in good health and they try again next year.

I do feel sorry for many of you who travel very long distance to see these shows, since USA it no a wee country to move about.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:55 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
They could still play the European venues, they are not until September

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next