Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:16 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So is the band stuck in Chicago, waiting for negative covid tests, or were they able to somehow make it home?

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hogradish wrote:So is the band stuck in Chicago, waiting for negative covid tests, or were they able to somehow make it home?

Japan won't let anyone in without a negative PCR test. Since it's only been 5 days since the first postponements/3 days since the tour cancellation, they're likely still in the US waiting it out.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Stuck in Chicago ???
Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:45 am

Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't think so... Since they did say that 'They must return to Japan'. I believe they were on a work visa & can return to Japan as it was most likely cancelled. This Forcing them to cancel all remaining shows.

My guess is they are in a 14 day quarantine/Isolation at a hotel apartment or facility in Japan. They do have to have a negative test to return to normal activities. They are most likely separated from each other. 

They're Japanese nationals it would be cruel to keep them in the US. Guessing as the restrictions are ever changing & it's a case by case basis

For privacy sake it's unlikely we'll really know.

I'm concerned for Haru as COVID does effect the voice
 She is the lead singer. I hope all is well & we get positive answers sooner than later.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:02 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I mean, they flew on a public flight here and likely have to return that way, and it'd be irresponsible for them to take a 12-hour flight while being positive. They can't afford to charter a private flight back to Japan or anything. They also said they "cannot continue the tour and have to return to Japan," not "must." That doesn't imply that they need to get back ASAP.

Plus, Japan seems to be pretty adamant about the "you cannot enter the country without a negative test" thing for everyone coming in, including nationals. Visas don't seem to matter either. There's also a fan who came from Japan who tested positive around the same time as TOMO, and they have to stay in the US until they test negative. That's why it's more likely that the band is also still in the US.

And luckily, HARU is the only member who has not tested positive so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:36 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If you all are feeling like I do, you must be feeling pretty disoriented. (not a pun). It's a feeling difficult to describe. Stunned is a good start. There was a lot of emotional momentum built up, a lot of anticipation, that suddenly found no release, no payoff. It's a bit like going to the World Cup and being eliminated in the first round. Like, now what?
I think it might be helpful to try to look on the bright side.
Scandal has not broken up. They will continue to perform, just not right now.
Europe is still a go. It's short enough for them to get in and out before they can get sick again. Probably.
The members are not in a hospital, as far as we know.
Their hotel probably has Netflix, although the cable might be melting by now, ha ha.
There are plenty of Japanese restaurants near the airport and in the city.
They have each other for support, as always.
They probably didn't get hurt financially as much as it might seem. The turnout for the shows they did was very good, and the dollar to yen exchange rate is currently at least 30% better than in 2020, when they first planned the tour.
And remember, we can still support the band by spending ticket refunds on t-shirts and other items. It would be nice to start some sort of social media push to do so, but I'll leave that to the experts out there.
Also remember, the band had a great time while they were here. The good memories will last.

Back to top Go down

Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
I remember during the pandemic Scandal Heaven did a 'Hang in There' fan creates video to share with Scandal. I think it might be time to collectively say we love you as worldwide fans again.

I am saddened by this turn... But also feel grateful I got to see Tomo smile when I met her in Atlanta 😀 and to have gotten a 'That's Awesome!' from Haru I'll never forget that all to brief moment.

It's humbling to know they are real people, with feelings & care about fans.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:12 pm

UnlinitedDJ

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:I mean, they flew on a public flight here and likely have to return that way, and it'd be irresponsible for them to take a 12-hour flight while being positive. They can't afford to charter a private flight back to Japan or anything. They also said they "cannot continue the tour and have to return to Japan," not "must." That doesn't imply that they need to get back ASAP. Plus, Japan seems to be pretty adamant about the "you cannot enter the country without a negative test" thing for everyone coming in, including nationals. Visas don't seem to matter either. There's also a fan who came from Japan who also tested positive around the same time as TOMO and they have to stay in the US until they test negative. That's why it's more likely that the band is also still in the US.

And luckily, HARU is the only member who has not tested positive so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

They can afford to charter a private jet. The band is not poor whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:27 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Jpop379 wrote:I remember during the pandemic Scandal Heaven did a 'Hang in There' fan creates video to share with Scandal. I think it might be time to collectively say we love you as worldwide fans again.

People are free to send in their own messages of support on the band's social media accounts, but we're not going to organize any projects this time. Doing what would essentially be a "Sorry you got COVID" project isn't the best thing to do...

UnlinitedDJ wrote:They can afford to charter a private jet. The band is not poor whatsoever.

Sure. Feel free to believe that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:40 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
UnlinitedDJ wrote:

Maybe they can if was wee trip but is no. You looking at size of the Jet that can get to Tokyo, paying insurance and the fuel itself the plane company may ask that Scandal also pay for fuel needs for the Jet to get back to USA. 

Scandal is also got their Merch, while no doubt it will get sent to their Online store in California. I don't think they sell same way in USA Tour, much of it will be kept side for the European Tour and Scandal will looking at shipping cost.

End of day Scandal is not Iron Maiden.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:44 am

BorrowedTime

Caless Student
Caless Student
Andy666 wrote:
UnlinitedDJ wrote:

Maybe they can if was wee trip but is no. You looking at size of the Jet that can get to Tokyo, paying insurance and the fuel itself the plane company may ask that Scandal also pay for fuel needs for the Jet to get back to USA. 

Scandal is also got their Merch, while no doubt it will get sent to their Online store in California. I don't think they sell same way in USA Tour, much of it will be kept side for the European Tour and Scandal will looking at shipping cost.

Wait… what?  You mean Haruna ISN’T a fully licensed 747 pilot?  I thought it was a rock band frontman/frontwoman pre-requisite! setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 1f609

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:26 am

UnlinitedDJ

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Jpop379 wrote:I remember during the pandemic Scandal Heaven did a 'Hang in There' fan creates video to share with Scandal. I think it might be time to collectively say we love you as worldwide fans again.

People are free to send in their own messages of support on the band's social media accounts, but we're not going to organize any projects this time. Doing what would essentially be a "Sorry you got COVID" project isn't the best thing to do...

UnlinitedDJ wrote:They can afford to charter a private jet. The band is not poor whatsoever.

Sure. Feel free to believe that.

I'm not saying they would, I'm just saying they could.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
UnlinitedDJ wrote:I'm not saying they would, I'm just saying they could.

And I'm saying that they are unable to just drop several thousand of dollars, if not hundreds of thousands, especially on what is ultimately an unnecessary expense. Of course they're not 'poor' or what have you, but they are also not a super-famous, super-well-off band. You may personally think they are, but that is not reality--they are only a mildly well-known band in Japan, and they cannot afford to freely drop money like that.

Anyway. Let's stop speculating about this lol

MAMI posted this Instagram Story earlier today:

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 JCYMiGe

The blue sky and earth from my hotel window 🌎

I'm getting better
I'm doing well

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:21 am

omarjuvera

omarjuvera

Caless Student
Caless Student
She must feel confined  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 1f62a

Last edited by omarjuvera on Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:48 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
BorrowedTime wrote:
Andy666 wrote:
UnlinitedDJ wrote:

Wait… what?  You mean Haruna ISN’T a fully licensed 747 pilot?  I thought it was a rock band frontman/frontwoman pre-requisite! setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 1f609
Piloting your Plane is so last year. Tomo leading the way in sailing for their World Tour, Canta1's Keel is getting lay in a Japanese shipyard.
TOMO wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:12 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Iron Maiden have been going since 1975 which is a lot longer than SCANDAL, and even Bruce Dickinson does not fly it himself any more as he is now 63 Happy

But maybe they could give SCANDAL a lift .

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:52 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
omarjuvera wrote:She must feel confined  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 1f62a

I'd recommend they conduct an impromptu concert outside their hotel in a nearby park.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:20 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Doing what would essentially be a "Sorry you got COVID" project isn't the best thing to do...
However what about you TGE? Are you OK? Sorry to have missed you in Boston

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:17 pm

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Occupy Legacy Hall!

I'm still going to Dallas because we have the week off and have planned to do other things too and visit family, but the real reason of course was to see Scandal, and now I am so bummed. Not just because I won't see them, because I trust they will be back, but because all bands depend on live shows to make money. Cancelling a show costs a lot; the roadies, crew, an staff still have to be paid; the transportation and hotels still have to be arranged and paid for; and even though I got a refund, somebody has to pay all the fees for venue booking, Ticketmaster, Paypal, and all the other bigshots and intermediaries that get a cut.

Then there's the heartbreak for the band who live for their performances now blocked again from doing what only they can do. I can't even begin to imagine how disheartening this must be time after time after time. Their hearts must grow a lot of sizes just to keep going sometimes.

And although they are young, fit, and healthy, and I trust everyone will be fine shortly, everyone, the band, the staff, and the fans all are worried until we know.

Ganbatte, Scandal, Tomomi, Mami, Rina, and Haruna! Genki de ne.  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 1f64f 

I think all the fans in the Dallas area should put on their Scandal T-shirts and head down to Legacy Hall on Tuesday evening. Maybe get some dinner or a drink, let them know you want this event to come back and happen. Heck, print off your tickets, bring them with you, wave them at the staff and act confused. Make sure they know we want them to bring our band back as soon as possible.

Hey, just so you know, I love all you guys for everything you do.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:33 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

etwee wrote:However what about you TGE? Are you OK? Sorry to have missed you in Boston

I'm fine - thanks!

I'm also temporarily locking this thread until more official info/updates are posted.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:29 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

TOMOMI posted on Instagram that the band has recovered and are now back in Japan!

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 Nf4AG5D

We're back in Japan

Thank you for all of your concern

Thank you to everyone
Who commented, DM'd, called me, LINE'd me
It was such a great support!

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 F1XPAs9

We've all recovered!

#front-page #mirror

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:31 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Good news indeed  Happy

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:09 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
Glad to hear they're all back and healthy! It was unfortunate I wasn't able to make to Dallas due to work CANTA Depressed

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
An update from RINA via her Instagram Stories:

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 13 NQqCzzM

I apologize for not being able to update on anything🥺 I couldn't put my feelings into words at all.

We could only make it halfway through our North America tour and couldn't live up to all your expectations. However, we will be reorganizing our minds and bodies and put everything towards our future activities. We will work hard once more starting in August for the summer festivals and our Europe tour.

Thank you so much for your concern☺ We felt so supported!

I'll start posting on social media again♡ Thank you.

RINA

#front-page #mirror

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:58 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
As long they don't work too hard, Covid hit people in strange ways.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So what's the deal with Berlin? Is it sold out, or what? How come you can't buy tickets?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.