You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Hi all! Intro and how Scandal helped me
Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Corkman77

Corkman77

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi all! I've been a part of the Discord for a while and have checked out posts here but have been quiet here until now. I wanted to introduce myself. There are also some things I wanted say about how the band helped me and this seemed like best place to do it. 

I'm an old guy from the US who was into 90's alternative and punk rock as a teen and move on to 00's indie rock. The 2010's was kind of a lost decade for me musically. Still kind of into indie rock and new music from old bands. But, not too much new grabbed my attention. 

I've been Scandal fan since the the summer of 2020. At the time, I was discovering to the Wagakki band and playing a lot of their songs on YouTube. I think that was around the time KFTD was released and there were a few videos from that album that had been released. So the YouTube algorithm did its thing. At the same time, I randomly met a woman from Japan online and we spent quite a bit of time talking to each other when were both awake and quarantining. We discussed music quite a bit so I was discovering a lot of Japanese music. 

I think the first songs I discovered were Image and AMDKJ. I thought that Image was very much like a Blink 182 song and AMDKJ was even a harder punk rock song. So the music instantly grabbed me. But it wasn't totally nostalgia since it didn't have as much grime and the band was way more kawaii. I listened to more and more of their music until I was hooked. 

For me personally, Scandal effected me in a way I wasn't expecting. I am someone who was in a long term relationship with a woman who was physically, emotionally, and psychologically abusive several years ago. I was able escape that situation but not unscathed. It left emotional scars. A short time later, I developed a chronic thyroid issue that can cause depression if left unmanaged. I was able to get diagnosed and treatment but damage was already done. The double whammy of it and the abusive relationship made my heart grow cold towards any romantic relationships. I was not able to shake it. 

Between Scandal and this woman I was talking to, they helped warm my heart with their talent, sense of humor, beauty, and warmth. Maybe by them being from the other side of the world, they didn't quite fit the mold of the type of woman I was trying to avoid in order to protect myself. Regardless, the ladies of Scandal could warm anyone's heart [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].  Arigato Scandal!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   These days, I've started dating again and I give a lot of credit to Scandal for just being themselves and making amazing music. 

Sorry for the long introduction. I'm a little unsettled right now and need to write my thoughts. I just got back from the show in Atlanta and it was fantastic! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then, when I got home, I heard that they had to cancel some shows because of covid. It's so sad one member is infected. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Please be well Tomo and don't blame yourself! It could have happened to anyone! Also, it's sad considering I just had great time and those going to the cancelled shows may not get the chance to experience the same. 

Peace and take care everyone! 

Scandal Forever!!

HARU dance MAMI dance TOMO dance RINA dance

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi all! Intro and how Scandal helped me
Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:27 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Welcome to SH!

That's the thing about SCANDAL. They reach people not just through music, but also through who they are as individuals, their sweet and down-to-earth personalities.

Good to see you're doing well now Happy

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:17 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Hello and welcome!
I know you on Discord.
Great introduction!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:18 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Welcome to SH !

I am an old guy from the UK Happy

My love of music goes back to the 60's but in 1980 I became fascinated by Japan and of course their music and over the years I have made a lot of online friends from Japan, they are easy people to like.

Glad you got to see them live, I saw them in London in 2015 and they were awesome, hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:46 am

Corkman77

Corkman77

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks all! My personality is more sunny but just had something I had to say. Feel better now. 

I just hope we can say that for the band after they got covid. Please be ok all!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum