Go down

Dota 2 [Page 4 of 5]

Re: Dota 2
Posted Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
somechineseguy wrote:My presence exceptional...? Not really because if there were the case, everyone would be trying to gank me... something I wouldn't want LOL
Oh sorry, I meant it more in the sense of joining a game. You don't want to be exceptional in-game, indeed!

By the way Sequoia, how far did you get into the alphabet by now? ^^

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

"Fremd bin ich eingezogen,
Fremd zieh' ich wieder aus."
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Hello Dota 2 thread! I joined Dota 2 last night. Being a former League player, I agree that a lot of the things about it are different! For now, I think I'll play through the tutorial and try to get the basics.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lexian wrote:Hello Dota 2 thread! I joined Dota 2 last night. Being a former League player, I agree that a lot of the things about it are different! For now, I think I'll play through the tutorial and try to get the basics.

Haha a former league player! Welcome to the Dark Side .evilgrin.

The tutorials do help, as it is a completely different playing style from league. if you ever need some practice, don't hesitate!

Last edited by somechineseguy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A friend of mine wanted me to change something :))

Dota 2 - Page 4 NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:14 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow i really need to do an A-Z challenge right now..... Not sure i played every hero with my 2.1K hours of playingDota 2 - Page 4 954167 KOTL (Keeper of the light) is too awesome Happy 

Why would you not want to be the star of the game? It's funny getting 5 mans ganked..... and get a solo Rampage because they don't have any good stun lol

Also, would love playing with you. Mostly playing on north american server but don't really care (if i really lag a lot just pick a hard right clicker. Lag doesn't really affect your gameplay when you can afk Sniper and still get all the kills)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 am

sequoia

sequoia

Caless Student
Caless Student
Myo-Hwa wrote:By the way Sequoia, how far did you get into the alphabet by now? ^^
I'm only up to Bloodseeker at the moment - I've been distracted by a few games I've picked up during the Steam sale (Dark Souls is my current addiction!) and haven't played a Dota 2 match in about a week!  

But here's my Steam ID for anyone who wants to add me.

And I can deal with the ping on the other servers - I used to play a lot of League of Legends on 200 ping NA servers but now I've been spoiled by low ping OCE ones! So I don't mind other regions as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@ Lexian: I found the Dota 2 tutorials really good, so I guess they will help you out very well. Happy Beside the differences, there seem to be a lot of similarities between the games. I assume you will catch up pretty fast!

@ Shanipika: Maybe it is just me, but personally, I don't really feel the need to be the hero of the game. I really like playing supports, helping and saving others (generally my beloved bots) and just set the environment for others to beat the enemies. I think I never got a rampage myself, or maybe once with Viper in a bot game.

@ sequoia: Ah, you still have a long way to go with the list, then! ^^ And yea, for me, the average ping on the East Asian server is around 360, but I have to deal with it anyway. It's not that severe. I shall try to add you by the way. Wink

As for reference, or for others who like to add me, my Steam ID is Myo. I appreciate playing with newer players too, so don't hesitate to contact me. Happy

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Lexian

Lexian

After spending some time with the tutorial levels, I agree that they are very helpful. Much more thorough and newbie-friendly than the one League had at the time (Season 2). Sniper and Dragon Knight ftw! Happy

I'm starting to get more used to last-hitting and using the courier system. I think creep denying is the trickiest of Dota's mechanics. That and the fact that heroes don't turn around immediately when you want to click in a different direction (hard to explain, but I'm sure Dota veterans know what I'm talking about.).

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Actually, was more to be taken as a joke that star of the game thing lol.(Even if i love all those moment where i get a 5 man black hole or other team fight ult and turn the whole game around that single moment of the gameDota 2 - Page 4 450165)

I'm also more of a support player. My main hero is KOTL. Also love playing any initiator, when i have a team playing with me.... Feel so sad when you just got that 5 man RP under your tier 2 tower  but your phantom lancer just watched you from the tier 3 towers and only reacted when you died.... And i hate pushing based strat. All those nature prophet, brood mother, Lycan game where not a single fight happen its just those guy running away from you and you can't do much if they do it properly....

And about rampage i think i don't have much more than 5 or 6 against real player (with 1553 games) and a lot vs bot but i don't really count them because i feel its easy to bait bot in a trap to kill'em all.

Also here is my steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024335880 if you want to had me (how do you make those link word?) Love playing with anyone that is not raging for no reason or giving up before the end of every game. (I may be a little competitive even if don't care about losing but i'm not Noxious Happy )

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:50 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Wow, I haven't been in this thread in a long time.

I haven't played too much DOTA in the past month, but I will come back once TI4 starts.

It's a lot tougher for new players, as the game has a very steep learning curve. Don't worry if you aren't that great when you start out - everyone was bad at one point in their careers. Even me!

Dota 2 - Page 4 Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So... Is there anyone here who follows TI4 closely, or is rooting for a particular team at the event? Happy I only tuned in randomly on the newcomers stream to watch an ongoing match, but I'm not that excited for the Internationals in general. There are soooooo many matches, I lose sight of the progressions of teams... and also because I don't really understand the scheme they are using. xD

Anyway, up to now I found it really interesting that former champion Alliance already dropped out, so does anyone have a team in mind which may make it to the finals? Wink

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:59 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Not really following TI4. Only game I really was watching Professional scene was Starcraft 2 but this game got killed by League of Legend becoming popular. So many Starcraft player stopped playing it to go play League because of the number of viewer so much higher and the lower technical level of the game. And for me, was watching Starcraft to improve my own play. In Dota, watching Professional match show you how to play well as a team. Sure the player are all good, but it's more the fact that they can work as a team that make those game so much a higher level than what we see on public game. And for me I, personally, don't think watching those help me to play better. In pub, nobody listen to what you say anyway and when I try to explain a strategie to my cousin they don't understand it and do something else most of the time.

And for Alliance I'm pretty happy they already dropped out. All the game I saw them play were based on pushing strat that i hate so much. Last year Internationnal final was won on that.... and bad decision from Na'Vi. That 3/4 portal scroll cut by the dream coil, yes it was well played by Alliance but it was a bad idea to all tp from the same location all so close one of the other. And they could probably have pushed throne before Alliance get their. They already had rax down when Alliance started pushing T3 top tower of Na'Vi.

Woah the wall of text.....

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:09 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Myo-Hwa wrote:So... Is there anyone here who follows TI4 closely, or is rooting for a particular team at the event? Happy I only tuned in randomly on the newcomers stream to watch an ongoing match, but I'm not that excited for the Internationals in general. There are soooooo many matches, I lose sight of the progressions of teams... and also because I don't really understand the scheme they are using. xD

Anyway, up to now I found it really interesting that former champion Alliance already dropped out, so does anyone have a team in mind which may make it to the finals? Wink

I'm following TI4 closely, there were so many crazy games on the round robin it was ridiculous, now that we've moved into the main event people stick to their standard team compositions and drafts as it is more reliable, we wont see many crazy picks but who knows, IG has been showing some crazy supports like Kunkka and another team also brought out the Juggernaut support and it worked for them.

The noob stream is an incredibly well set-up stream in my opinion, it is something that was well thought out by valve as when you hear that the prize pool is almost 11 million dollars you are bound to get some viewers that do not know anything about the game. 

I recommend you to continue watching the noob stream from Friday - Sunday for the end of the tournament! I promise you some great games are coming and high quality Dota will get you hyped! 

I am rooting for EG, I personally thinkg Arteezy is a great player and im hoping he can carry his team Tongue

Dota 2 - Page 4 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Shanipika wrote:In Dota, watching Professional match show you how to play well as a team. Sure the player are all good, but it's more the fact that they can work as a team that make those game so much a higher level than what we see on public game. And for me I, personally, don't think watching those help me to play better. In pub, nobody listen to what you say anyway and when I try to explain a strategie to my cousin they don't understand it and do something else most of the time.
Well, it is pretty obvious these professional games are totally different from public games, and teamwork would surely be a key factor to constitute that difference. For me it can be enjoyable to watch games with good teamwork, though. What I have against the international is the multitude of games, often-picked heroes and the irregularity of the outcomes. The number of games just tire me (although this is much less the case for the main event), but also their outcomes. To me, it looks like there is not really a better team out there. One moment they win convincingly, the other moment they are crushed completely. The absence of a supremacy of one team can be favourable, but the irregular playing makes everything so uncertain and unreliable. Totally against my expectations, the games I've seen or heard about weren't that close.

I have to say I really feel the same about applying the things you learn from professional plays in your own playing. In my case, I understand what's going on or how something (like a build) is used, but since I cannot execute it effectively, it makes no sense. Also (because I'm still quite new to the game) adaptability is a skill I completely lack, while professional players should be really skilled in that. I still notice how awkward playing a melee hero is for me, because it totally doesn't match my way of playing. So yea, if you are unaccustomed to a strategy someone proposes in pub, I can imagine some people don't know what to do with it, and consequently don't execute it well. I remember I met a nice player in pub once who coordinated the game really good and in a friendly manner, but I cannot say I was really at ease during that game. ^^ I didn't know if I was playing well/effectively according to their plans because I wasn't used to play like that.

Noodles wrote:now that we've moved into the main event people stick to their standard team compositions and drafts as it is more reliable, we wont see many crazy picks but who knows, IG has been showing some crazy supports like Kunkka and another team also brought out the Juggernaut support and it worked for them.
I would love to see that though... I quite dislike it if certain heroes are picked over and over again, so I hope some obscure ones will be seen as well. I guess the main event would be more "boring" to me in that sense. Anyway, I guess I tune in this weekend to watch something on the newcomers stream, and I hope the games are satisfying. Happy

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Actually watched the game where Alliance lost to EG. It was so satisfying to see Alliance loose. HA PUSHING STRAT AND BATRIDER GOT OWNED (Sorry but can't resist).

The thing about picking the same hero all the time, I personally thing it's just a really bad thing. And I think that's part of why Alliance lost. This was the same line up that or almost as they take in all the game that I saw them play. (Io, CK, normally see buldog on Nature Prophet but Lone Druid have the same role.) But picking the same hero too much, give a chance to other team to analyse your strat and after sometime completly counter it. Actually know what happen when you always pick the same hero. Played with my friend some Ranked team Matchmaking. We played 2 game in a row vs the same team and picked the same hero the two times. First game, we just did amazingly and won easily. Second game, when they realized we were the same people they just hard counter picked us xD.

Actually love playing, not standard build and hero. Would have love to see that Jugg support. Personally played some Riki support, KOTL carry with CM supporting me and tried some other things like that. (Actually KOTL carry is awesome so easy to farm with him and get all those big carry item early. You won't beat an Anti-Mage that farmed but you'll farm faster than him and if you end the game quickly this can  work Happy )

If you see some other crazy picking, can you say in which game you saw those? Would want to watch these game if possible Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Lexian

Lexian

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haha, it's far more comprehensible than reading the changes in the patch details (and it also is less time-consuming I can tell you)! ROFL

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haha that Patch analysis. Everything so true xD

Actually found some guys doing incredibly nice Dota 2 parody songs : Refresher Parodies

Here's a link to there latest song ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfR0FqxmAlg&index=1&list=UUGKKPgWrb2n7tauJvl56Cow

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sheesh, they were so mean for my favourite Death Prophet with those additional patch 6.82 changes. Sad Now they weakened Crypt Swarm, which does 25 damage less for the first three levels, and in addition it seems like they weren't satisfied with a 20 second cooldown increase of her ultimate and added another 10 seconds to it! I'm really unhappy with that. :| I always found Exorcism one of the most awesome ultimates in the game, especially because of its low cooldown... Luckily it still remains awesome in effect, but increasing the cooldown with 30 seconds are no half measures! I wonder why she needs such rigorous changes.

@Shani: those parody songs are pretty funny, but the creator really should try to make them on different music now! ROFL The songs are so formulaic that they are almost the same, except for the melody. Anyway, there are some new parodies added in the playlist in the meantime. Happy
I think I like "AFK in the Base" the most after hearing them all again! .clap.

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:43 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/hyokune/
Is there a SH DotA group where we can find each other's IGN and play together?

Dota 2 - Page 4 Dfb3b4f0e4
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:17 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah I think we have one and Lale(Noodle) is the one that can invite. I don't know if anyone else can do it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
How do I get invited to that group?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Hyoku wrote:How do I get invited to that group?
Heyo, apparently I was given the power to invite people to the group. If you can give me your Steam ID, I'll add you, and be able to invite you Happy

Dota 2 - Page 4 Pixela10Dota 2 - Page 4 Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think my steam ID is
exodushl
OR try 
Mamitan

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:23 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Woops sorry, I've quit MOBAs for the time being and will be fixing the group so more people can invite others Happy Sorry about that!

Dota 2 - Page 4 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:16 am

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Hyoku wrote:I think my steam ID is
exodushl
OR try 
Mamitan
Hmm, couldn't find "exodushl" and I found a few with the ID "Mamitan".  xDD 
I don't wanna add the wrong person so here is my Steam ID. Feel free to add me Happy

Dota 2 - Page 4 Pixela10Dota 2 - Page 4 Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next