You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Are MAMI's guitar skills enough?
Posted Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 pm

qx123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Shes cool playing guitar and she always got the most difficult part for guitar in scandal... so apparently she is scandal best guitarist - to be fair though i guess you just shouldnt tax haruna to play those tougher notes since she have a fair share of work to do already as main vocal....

Mami is pretty good although she does do some err during lives... but overall she is cool and cute and thats great~ I dont usually see many good female guitarist around so mami is good...

Stereopony lead vocal does play good guitar though...

Anyway in short - Mami is more than good enough - I hope scandal will have even more challenging notes for mami to play so that she can shine more during lives /^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
klaide92 wrote:anyway.. Callalily << EWWWW .bleh. hahaha.

My sentiments exactly. :)) They only had one good song from way back. Then afterwards it was all, bleh...

Anyway. Going back (and sorry for that)... I read something from this interview shared on another thread which I found to be very interesting and somewhat relevant. And I thought I'd share it with you here:

--So where do you think the “essence” of SCANDAL lies?

R: It’s in being fearless. We formed when we had just started playing instruments; when we were in dance and vocal school together we just decided to form a band even though we didn’t know anything about that kind of thing, and even when we didn’t get the best reception, we never thought of saying “We can’t do this.” That we’re a band that does all kinds of songs has been a positive thing for us lately.

[...]

T: For us, it’s normal. We’re not a band that has great technique, but as far as that goes we can really show the crowd a good time. People have come and told us that they’ve formed SCANDAL cover bands, and it makes us happy that they want to be similar to us.

We gotta love them for that. Just gotta. :D :P

Last edited by kylelaluces on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 am

klaide-kun

klaide-kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^
That's inspiring .smile.

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 2413
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:40 am

gunnersforlife

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
I think her skill is enough for SCANDAL.. She is very good in playing guitar.
And I agree with Koide's comment.. MAMI is already awesome, but she hasn't reach her maximum potential..

thanks kaito for the userbar Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 464571

16.09.2011 SCANDAL Asia Tour 2011 「Baby Action」
16.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
08.05.2015 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」 - Singapore

Join IDSH FB Group (PM me so I can accept you!) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/141565765907454/
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 pm

DeltaEpsilon

DeltaEpsilon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So it all comes down to what we think is "enough".

It's interesting that everyone here shares the same perspective of what is "enough" haha. Ho Onion

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 3009pb10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 pm

ShiroYuurei

ShiroYuurei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
MAMI is amazing.....she can make a simple song to sound fantastic.....and she is playing guitar for only 4 years....

WE LOVE YOU MAMI!! Onion Love

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Sig15Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Poptar10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer

--So where do you think the “essence” of SCANDAL lies?

R: It’s in being fearless. We formed when we had just started playing instruments; when we were in dance and vocal school together we just decided to form a band even though we didn’t know anything about that kind of thing, and even when we didn’t get the best reception, we never thought of saying “We can’t do this.” That we’re a band that does all kinds of songs has been a positive thing for us lately.

[...]

T: For us, it’s normal. We’re not a band that has great technique, but as far as that goes we can really show the crowd a good time. People have come and told us that they’ve formed SCANDAL cover bands, and it makes us happy that they want to be similar to us.

We gotta love them for that. Just gotta. :D Tongue

That is a very inspiring reply, especially the part from Rina, "never thought of saying we can't do this".

Yes, when we strive for anything in life, we really should adopt such spirit and courage. This makes for another good reason why I look up to them, cause they inspire me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:03 am

CharlesF

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/CreativitePublisher
Mami is quite good skilled, especially if it goes for live mixing with wah-wah
and other guitar effects, - power cords are just fine for Their music.

I expect Her to start doing the double-picking, playing with "dropped D"
tuning :D or experimenting with pitch shifter in two years.

although She could release her left hand from all that wrist bands,
healthier for hand and fingers.

I wonder what pick does She use?

Once I wrote:

Fool searches for wisdom,
total idiot searches for medicine to cure stupidity.

That's why I like to be only the fool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:31 am

danny_warfield

danny_warfield

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.warriorsofterrestria.wordpress.com
CMIIW
maybe I've heard this from one of SCANDAL interview video in youtube

MAMI said that when she playing the guitar she felt it like playing with a toy (in my opinion that means MAMI was really enjoying the challenge in guitar play and yeah I could she her aura when playing guitar was so great even could drive the audience hearing/ more enjoying the song)

If in RPG, MAMI was gaining more and more EXP and gaining Greater Skill by practice and battle so she could LEVEL UPl more and More
(or MAMI really thinks what she doing now was almost same like playing RPG?? ^^a )

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Magicrhapsodyartistcopy

MY DOUJINSHI TRIBUTE FOR SCANDAL
SCANDAL Funny Moment Doujinshi

Dear GOD, I promise, I'll become a good boy, so when I die, I could enter the heaven, and in there I could met and own the goddesses like HARU, MAMI, RINA and TOMO .please.

MY ONLINE NOVEL
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:34 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
CharlesF wrote:Mami is quite good skilled, especially if it goes for live mixing with wah-wah
and other guitar effects, - power cords are just fine for Their music.

I expect Her to start doing the double-picking, playing with "dropped D"
tuning :D or experimenting with pitch shifter in two years.

although She could release her left hand from all that wrist bands,
healthier for hand and fingers.

I wonder what pick does She use?

Good comment. For all we know, they might have started experimenting with drop tuning already. There is a song in R Girls Rock that has a low Eb. Can't remember which one right now. Or maybe it's just my ears fooling me.

Drop D tuning would suit SCANDAL pretty well. A gazillion pop punk bands use drop D and they can try using different riffing styles with that. That would be pretty cool..

Btw, if you check the SCANDAL gear thread you'll find that Mami uses Dunlop mediums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:57 am

CharlesF

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/CreativitePublisher
macdyne73 wrote:

Drop D tuning would suit SCANDAL pretty well. A gazillion pop punk bands use drop D and they can try using different riffing styles with that. That would be pretty cool..

Btw, if you check the SCANDAL gear thread you'll find that Mami uses Dunlop mediums.

Thanks for the info, I'll check the thread Wink

But I wonder, we are speaking about amplified sound,
does She still practice with acoustic guitar?

I read that they had small acoustic tour - have You got any fan related mp3/video ?

I would really like to hear Mami playing live using acoustic guitar (not electro-acoustic that is).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 am

sigit_mishi

sigit_mishi

International Performer
International Performer
http://japanslot.com
i think MAMI is best guitaris ever seen...maybe he not like slash from gun n roses..but she is a girl...and for a girl it is very fantastic and awesome...

i sure MAMI will be improve her skill and be the best girl guitarist..

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 JFLBANNER
Visit Our Blog At
Japanslot
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Vallerie

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
MAMI... Honest, i used to think that her skills are just slightly above average. I only took notice on Anata Ga Mawaru where her play is amazing.... That is, until I listen to Rock n' Roll Widow and Roppongi Shinzu. Literally, i had a goosebump when i hear some riffs that she had played for that 2 songs. She is a monster when it comes to guitar. AMAZING!

Btw, don't compare Haru's and Mami's skills. Haru can play a guitar, but she has to diverse her concentration on guitar bcoz she's singing, unlike Mami who can concentrate fully on playing guitar. That's why we often see Haru has mischords, and we have to understand her role as MC, Lead vocal, and rhytm. It's not easy, right?

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 28808_1381011858223_1619746071_962826_2640224_n
[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:41 pm

axlmillia

axlmillia

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://sunburstyellow.tumblr.com
I believe that she is an amazing or rather, above average lead guitarist, considering her age and gender. And also as I notice, she is improving as the music of SCANDAL improves~

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Scandalblacknwhite
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

RP

RP

International Performer
International Performer
its just a matter of time and she will be like Orianthi or even better.

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 TOMOMI

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Loadin13

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Userba10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
rollingproject wrote:its just a matter of time and she will be like Orianthi or even better.

Ooooh... Now THAT is something to look forward to...

I also like the fact that she didn't panic during that time on XMAS Live 2009 when her guitar string broke. Good thing it didn't break in the middle of the SCANDAL Baby lick.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I also like the fact that she didn't panic during that time on XMAS Live 2009 when her guitar string broke. Good thing it didn't break in the middle of the SCANDAL Baby lick.

sooo true....

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 63034914
Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Hiroyo

Hiroyo

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mami rules my world

When she strung her guitar...

Ow.....

Want to see you in personal Mami!

Scandal Rules...

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Iu10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 am

xXxSephixXx

xXxSephixXx

Caless Student
Caless Student
For me Mami's is very awesome and cool guitarist, the way she plays guitar is amazing, and she's still not in her limits, she can improve more. as they say there's always room from an improvement :D .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:03 am

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
you know what.. i just watched the best Christmas concert... and mami really showed IT.... she's good enough to be called a rock n roll guitarist...

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 63034914
Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:26 pm

ohmyHaruna

ohmyHaruna

Caless Student
Caless Student
mami is awesome when she's playing the guitar <3

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Miraclediving

Miraclediving

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
mmm I think she is just good, there are a lot of people on youtube that just started to play 1 or 2 years ago and plays really well.

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Mwabfs
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:46 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Vallerie wrote:

Btw, don't compare Haru's and Mami's skills. Haru can play a guitar, but she has to diverse her concentration on guitar bcoz she's singing, unlike Mami who can concentrate fully on playing guitar. That's why we often see Haru has mischords, and we have to understand her role as MC, Lead vocal, and rhytm. It's not easy, right?

THANK YOU! yes don't say Haruna can't play the guitar RAWR Onion
Haruna's awesome at playing the guitar and singing. She may not be at Mami's level, but she's very good!
I think Mami is the best guitarist ever! She's amazing and she puts a lot of emotion and hard work into it. She may make mistakes, but who doesn't??

She's always improving and will one day be the best! It shouldn't be said that her skills aren't enough :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Venc

Venc

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Not Enough !! so she can learn more and more practice so Mami guitar skill can become no.1 in Asia...and if she learn something new in guitar theory and do a lot practice with that guitar theory..i think she would become one of legendary guitar-girl... .clap.

Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 ONE+OK+ROCK+whats+in+201002
Are MAMI's guitar skills enough? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrBOqGgJrc8iYfd7NQBoXVpdvPdUUL9RuOOwj7LiDvXiqBp1n3&t=1

This is My Own Judgement, Got Nothing To Say !
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:10 pm

juggoy

juggoy

Caless Student
Caless Student
She's pretty good. When I saw one of their live performances I was watching her fingers on the fret board. And it took me quite awhile to "copy" some of her riffs. .uhuh. I'm not uber skilled at doing lead parts btw.
Which is why I'm starting to have a crisis between Haruna and Mami LOL. .toj.
Let's just keep on rocking to their songs,they'll all get a lot better in time. .smile.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.