Go down

Anime or Manga? [Page 1 of 4]

Anime or Manga?
Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:23 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Some long running manga have long running anime (eg. Bleach, Naruto etc.) so which do you prefer? The anime version or the manga version or do both?

I usually start from the anime first, if it looks good I'll go read the manga (I just read Deadman Wonderland till the latest released chapter) might pick up on Ao no Exorcist when I get the time.

So yeah, which do you all prefer?

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime or Manga?
Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:47 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I read the mangas for Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/Bakuman before the animes.

I never watched the One Piece anime, just read the manga.

Only two shows made me read the manga, which is K-ON, and Ga-Rei. (Yeah pretty funny that it would be these two of all the ones out there).

Some shows I just don't bother to try and read the mangas, I'm just too lazy.

To conclude, I'd prefer the manga over the animes, except K-ON. :s

Anime or Manga? Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
I think Bakuman was also one of the few series I actually read before the anime, most of them I read after watching at least one episode of the anime. It doesn't really help the fact that quite a lot of animes are adapted from light novels and the manga is only published when the anime is airing.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 5:12 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
Ive read Bakuman, Beelzebub, Ao no Exorcist, TWGOK before watching their anime. And Id recommend manga first before anime, since some of the storyline are being altered in the anime.

Anime or Manga? Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I agree, the manga tends to have a more cohesive storyline, for anime most of them try to cram it into a 24 episode arc or a 12 episode arc, so they do cut out certain parts.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 10:21 am

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitoKid wrote:Ive read Bakuman, Beelzebub, Ao no Exorcist, TWGOK before watching their anime. And Id recommend manga first before anime, since some of the storyline are being altered in the anime.

This. Plus imo the manga is the 'original' version of the story whereas the anime is the 'TV version' with bits altered for watching on TV. If choosing between manga and anime, I prefer manga if the story is really good though I admit there are times since I prefer the anime if I'm too lazy to read or prefer the 'tv version' story of it.

Anime or Manga? Wzm3OfP
Yuujin_21 "The sky fury! You know you want helium if you're ever going to pump up balloons fast"
twitter/ last.fm/ playfire
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Dualyy

Dualyy

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
in most cases i prefer to read the manga and then watching the anime...but there are some Animes i watched without reading the manga ..Full Metal Panic for example...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Oh yeah, to add to my list. I watched the first season of Fullmetal Alchemist, then started to read the manga since there was that huge split. Then Brotherhood came along and yeah..

Anime or Manga? Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 2:21 pm

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Forgot about FMA, I watched part of the first series, but dropped it halfway then read the manga and watched Brotherhood at the same time till they ended, anime ended pretty close to when the manga ended.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Counterclock

Counterclock

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
IMO One Piece has the best fillers. Naruto has the worst ones.

Ive watched anime for One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto, but was tempted into watching mangas because the anime was coming out too slow for me.

I keep saying Im gonna start Fairy Tail cause supposedly it is similiar to the other animes, but I cant find time to start watching.

In response to the thread, I prefer animes, it was the first one I watched, and am most

Anime or Manga? The_legend_of_giant_dad_by_theblasianbruski-d6sotfu
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 10, 2011 1:05 am

cide

cide

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have most of the FMA manga and have watched all episodes of both seasons Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 am

PFULMTL

PFULMTL

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/PFULMTL
I used to read the manga and watch the anime of series, but one day I looked at my shelf of manga and added it all up and it was over $2,000 worth of books within a 2-3 years! Thats when I was like...OK...I should probably slow down or stop completely because I'm running out of room and this hobby has gotten too expensive.
Eventually I started to sell the books as a set (or what I had of that series) to people for like half price or cheaper just to get more room. I haven't bought or read any manga in years.

Anime or Manga? 46365
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

kennyso

kennyso

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, I will read manga if I want to see spoilers from the anime that are on-going. Sometimes it is just urge to see what will happen next in the anime, end up spoiling my own with manga. Lol.

Mostly, I will prefer watching anime than manga. I love the effects of anime rather than manga as they are just pictures. Admiring their drawing can be one of the factors for me to read manga than anime though Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 am

Ryudo

Ryudo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.alexnowak.net
I normally prefer reading the Manga but I watch the Anime for at least a few episodes too and if the voice cast is really good then I keep watching.

And to be honest I think One Piece fillers in the Anime suck. They are boring.Fairy Tail fillers are way more interesting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

yurisaku

yurisaku

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://yurisaku14.blog.fc2.com
I don't read manga at all. The only manga I read was Kaichou wa Maid-sama LOVE But I prefer watching anime coz I want hmm.. I want to watch and not to read lol. But the advantage to mangas is that it has a more complete story unlike when it is already converted to an anime, it loses some things that are in the manga ^_^ But still, I prefer the anime lol. I love it with sounds and voices Nice one

Anime or Manga? Siggyresize
Anime or Manga? Stalkercopy
userbar by KaitoKid
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Manga > Anime IMO.

But there are some cases where I got to know this manga through the anime,
like Kekkaishi.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 19, 2011 2:40 pm

strawberry12

strawberry12

Caless Student
Caless Student
basing on story manga is better
but if you will go through the manga -> anime scenario
i prefer just to watch the anime because if you have read the manga you know the next parts and you will be disappointed for deleted scenes Tantrum Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 20, 2011 2:25 am

onimusashi

Caless Student
Caless Student
I do not like watching fillers! But big manga like Bleach, Naruto or One Piece the anime's story is very similar with the manga. However most manga turned anime changes its story line. Sad The only thing that is different is the filler which is somewhat like a change of focus on characters, but One Piece's anime fillers is the best among the big three!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Reigningfury

Reigningfury

Caless Student
Caless Student
I would have to say Manga on my part. I agree with onimusashi, I myself don't like watching the fillers especially in Bleach, I feel like it just drags out. With some anime if it doesn't do well the seasons get cut and the story seems rushed to end the series. With Manga's the story can be elaborately told to the finish without anything having to be left out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 am

weichen94

weichen94

Caless Student
Caless Student
Anime 1st then Manga if i feel like reading the original and more detailed story! .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 pm

ShizukaSakura

ShizukaSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Both, doesn't really matter. If they entertain me then I'm fine. Happy

instagram: shizukachuu
one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 pm

mjlsepro

mjlsepro

Caless Student
Caless Student
I prefer manga most, coz its more complete than anime, coz sometimes animators cut some scene on anime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:30 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
Anime and Manga are both good in a different matter. Anime is a lot entertaining in terms of fight scenes and action. Manga is more fast paced. There are some cases wherein anime differ from their manga counterparts, it really depends on the viewers' point of preference. But I think it is better to be updated with both.

Going back to the topic, I'd say anime is a lot entertaining, but when it comes to the story line, I prefer manga.

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i'd rather anime for certain mangas like aoi no exorcist for example, its an action type manga so it would be way better on anime .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 am

kurenai<3rina

kurenai<3rina

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Anime simply because of it's animation...

Anime or Manga? Collage_zps6b13f22e

RINA SUZUKI
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.