Go down

KARA [Page 1 of 1]

KARA
Posted Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 am

~kc~

~kc~

International Performer
International Performer
.ehem. I've seen a lot of new topic here about Kpop groups recently, so let me share one of my favorites too.

Kara (카라, often stylized as KARA) is a K-pop girl group from South Korea signed with DSP Media (DSP).

Kara started as a four-member group and debuted with their first album The First Blooming in 2007. In 2008, Kim Sunghee departed the group due to parental pressure, and two members were brought in; as such, the group consists of five members: Park Gyuri, Han Seung-yeon, Goo Hara, Nicole Jung and Kang Jiyoung. The five-member band achieved their first number one song with "Honey".

Debut
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sung Hee, Gyuri, Nicole, SungYeon

Current[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
JiYoung, Nicole, SungYeon, Gyuri, Hara

The group has released two full-length albums — The First Blooming and Revolution — along with various EPs. Kara has won various awards, including the Best Dance Award at the M.net Asian Music Awards and Best Female Singer at the 16th Korean Entertainment Arts Awards.

The group eventually made their debut in Japan on 2010. By the end of that year, Kara was dubbed as Japan's #1 Rookie Artist of 2010 by Oricon and also received the New Artist Of The Year Award (International) from the Japan Gold Disc Awards. The group also released their first Japanese album, Girl's Talk which was eventually certified as Platinum by the RIAJ. By February 2011, Kara's "Jumping" and "Mister" singles have received Platinum and double Platinum certificates respectively from RIAJ. In March, Kara was hailed as the first foreign female artist to top Oricon’s Composite DVD Chart and the first foreign artist to top the said chart for 2 consecutive weeks. In April 2011 with their 3rd single "Jet Coaster Love", Kara became the first foreign female group since the creation of the Oricon (43 years ago) to rank #1 in the 1st week of release and the first foreign female group in 30 years to rank #1 in the charts all together. They are also the first Korean girl group to top the Oricon Weekly Single Chart. Their official fanclub is Kamilia, a combination of KARA and familia (family). Their official balloon color is pearl peach.

Early work
Prior joining Kara, both Park Gyuri and Han Seungyeon were child actresses. Park's first appearance was on Today is a Nice Day in 1995. She later appeared as the teenage version of Kim Jung Eun's character in Ladies of the Palace in 2001. Han Seungyeon appeared in uncredited cameo roles in several television dramas, most notably in Star in My Heart in 1997. Goo Hara was an online shopping mall model before debuting, having been scouted after her photos were uploaded onto DSP's homepage.

Crisis of request for contract termination
On January 19, 2011, a lawyer representing four of the five Kara members announced to the media that they would be terminating their contract with DSP Entertainment, effective immediately; a lawsuit was also filed on their behalf. Park Gyuri, the leader of the group, was the only one remaining with the management company. In a statement, the lawyer representing the four stated that "the company repeatedly denied any requests and unilaterally forced tasks upon the members", and that they have been preparing for legal action for two months. Later that day, it was announced that Goo Hara would discontinue her involvement with the suit and has rejoined the company, as she apparently was not fully aware of the lawsuit's details. In a statement, DSP Entertainment firmly rebutted all accusations, also stating that they wished to resolve the issues and reconcile with the members quickly. DSP also denied earlier reports of denying Kara members their fair share of profits, stating that each member was paid ₩300,000,000 for their work.

The lawyer for the three remaining members released another statement giving further details of their allegations. Their representatives stated that they were misinformed regarding their Japanese promotions, and that their relationship with the company severely deteriorated with the hospitalization of CEO Lee Ho-yeon in March 2010.

On April 28, 2011, the dispute happened between DSP Entertainment and Kara's 3 members (Han Seung-yeon, Nicole Jung, Kang Ji-young) were all resolved.

Discography

Korean Discography

Studio Albums
- The First Blooming (March 29, 2007)
- Revolution (July 28, 2009)

Mini Albums
- Rock U (July 25, 2008)
- Pretty Girl (December 04, 2008)
- Lupin (February 17, 2010)
- Jumping (November 10, 2010)

Japanese Discography

Studio Albums
- Girl's Talk (February 24, 2010)

Singles
- Mr. (August 11, 2010)
- Jumpin (November 10, 2010)
- Jet Coaster Love (April 06, 2011)
- Go GO Summer (June 29, 2011)

Compilation Albums
- Kara Best 2007-2010 (September 29, 2010)
- Kara Best Clips (February 23, 2011)

Members

Gyuri(Leader/Main Vocals)
Stage Name: Gyuri (규리)
Nickname: Gyul, Gyul Omma, Goddess , Mirror Princess, LeGYulas, Shikshin, Carrot
Birthdate: May 21, 1988 (age 23)

Seung Yeon(Lead Vocals)
Stage Name: Seung Yeon (승연)
Nickname: Ham, Choding, Big-smile-no-eyes
Birthdate: July 24, 1988 (age 22)

Nicole(Rapper/Main Vocals)
Stage Name: Nicole (니콜)
Korean Name: Jung Yong Joo (정용주)
Nickname: Yongjoo, Tweety, Cole, Nikori
Birth date: October 7, 1991 (age 19)

Hara(Sub Vocals)
Stage Name: Hara (하라)
Nickname: Koala, Honey, Gura
Birthdate: January 13, 1991 (age 20)

Ji Young
Stage Name: Ji Young (지영)
Nickname: Jing, Kang Jara (turtle), Kang Ah Ji (puppy), Rice-Cake (because of her fair skin tone)
Birthdate: January 18, 1994 (age 17)

Former Member

Sung Hee(Main Vocals)
Stage Name: Sung Hee (성희)
Role in KARA: Atmosphere maker/Vitamin
Birth date: May 17, 1989 (age 22)

Official Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
International Forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Fan Cafe: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Re: KARA
Posted Tue May 31, 2011 5:16 am

maijiyeon

maijiyeon

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://globalskarf.com
:3 i like kara! i love love love seung yeon.. well.. i love their jumping japanese pv.. looks kewl ! and i miss Sung Hee ! Sad LOVE kara!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 7:05 am

Luanna

Luanna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i like KARA but not much on to them anymore.

"We'd rather have them look at us, not our school uniforms"- Haruna
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:16 am

Goldenarms

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
i want them to go back korea and do some new stuffs

@maijiyeon Sunghee is already married right!? what if she's still in the group hmmmmmm?

Haruna Makes My World Go Round
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:58 am

Yumi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Love kara very much, my fav kpop band, I like Nicole from Kara the most. xDD

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:55 am

Licht09

Licht09

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I also like Kara! Seungyeon is my favorite! But I really like Sunghee before. >.<

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 am

haruka0905

haruka0905

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really love KARA especially Hara and Gyuri [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:10 am

~kc~

~kc~

International Performer
International Performer
they'll be performing in MTV World Stage Malaysia 2012 alongside with Bieber [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 pm

CamilaOliveira

CamilaOliveira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://otomelifenew.blogspot.com.br/
I really like KARA, also they speak Japanese really well, this explained why the Japanese love them.
.happy. Nicole ♥️

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.