You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL?
Posted Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm not sure if this should be posted here or Members' Discussion so mods, please move as needed.

I was replying to this thread here https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t135p260-instruments-you-can-play#202759 about playing instruments when a question hit me:

There are many musicians on the forum, some of whom are very, very good as can be seen from all the cover videos posted by members. So,

Have you ever compared your abilities as a guitarist/bassist/drummer with SCANDAL and if so, where do you think you measure up based on what we've seen during live performances, DVDs etc?

I will give a sample answer. I play guitar, bass and drums. As a drummer and a bassist I'm not even remotely close to Rina or Tomo. They are both SO good and tight and I really believe that a good rhythm section (drums & bass) is THE secret weapon of a good live band. And SCANDAL's rhythm section is very, very tight indeed. Especially Tomo.

As a guitar player, I feel that I can play better than Haru BUT she can sing while playing while I cannot do so very well yet.

Compared with Mami, I think she's a bit better than me. She's faster than me and plays cleaner and is less sloppy than me. BUT, I think I'm more versatile in terms of playing style and I can improv while she can't, apparently.

This is based on what we've seen from lives & DVDs of course. Who knows, offscreen they might jam Napalm Death stuff for all we know...

You guys?

Back to top Go down

Re: Are YOU as good as SCANDAL?
Posted Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:28 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'd say I'm better at Haru in acoustic guitar, but then again I haven't seen enough evidence to approve or disprove that statement. She can sing while playing it, while I can't fluently, so that's a factor. (Although then again, who wants to hear me sing anyways XD)

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:59 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Hmmmm....I think i'm a little better than HARU,but nowhere near MAMI,when she plays live.She plays cleaner,faster,with more confidence,and she can sing and dance around while playing,even when playing leads,while i stand on stage like a block of wood.

Oh,and if we're comparing singing and playing the guitar simultaneously,HARU pawns my ass so much it's not even a contest anymore. :PPP

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I think maybe I play bass guitar better than Tomomi but I have been playing since 1966 so there would be something seriously wrong if I was not !

But like the last 2 postings I am talking about just playing !
I cannot sing to save my life so that makes Tomomi far better than me, oh and I am not pretty like her of course !

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:17 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
hmmm well I can't play the piano as well as Rina obviously since she's played longer than I have
me: 5years
Rina: 16 years (please correct)
huge difference... and plus I can't sing terribly well....V_V neither can I play drums or guitar or bass.....

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm

HaRinax

HaRinax

Caless Student
Caless Student
its a big no, I can only play a little

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:42 pm

bulanchai

bulanchai

Caless Student
Caless Student
i play drum. i was covering Pride and it was good.
even tough Rina plays better than me .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think i have 1/10th of their skills..mayb except the singing portion cos i dun really sing lol. total years spent playing the guitar is more then anyone one of the 3 guitarists in SCANDAL(or combined, not sure .evilgrin. ) but i stopped for sometime and tat set me back quite a bit haha..now working my way to get an electric guitar and hopefully, by next year i can play it half as well as they can .hardwork.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:18 am

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

..I'm a bass guitar player and I think I'm better than timo.. hmm..definitely I'm better than her, with that 11 years of musical experience..hehe..but I'm not that of a composer.. I haven't composed a song yet in a serious way..hehe..but even if I know I'm a better bassist than her (that's what I know for now) it doesn't mean that I should not improve myself more..because we don't know maybe next month or year or some time.. timo will show some awesome tricks that i can't do because we all know that she knows a lot of musicians too that can teach her .uhuh. ..hehe..so i will never stop improving myself..so that when the time comes that we could meet..I will have the confidnce to show her my skills.. Nice one

me want you..
Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eAre YOU as good as SCANDAL? Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:12 pm

A.R.

A.R.

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think when it comes to chords or power chords Mami is better than me. But when it comes to speed picking I think I'm better than Mami because I love to play heavy metal songs specially with crazy solos. Punkman

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:40 pm

uedaa27

uedaa27

Caless Student
Caless Student
well i drummer but i can't like rina play a drum, she's really good drummer i try to cover harukaze, love survive it's so difficult Onion Depress
she really good when play open hi-hat technique Thumbs Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 am

Naomi

Naomi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.fanfiction.net/~naomi208
well i can sing while i`m playing the guitar but all i`ve learnt is really easy guitar songs as i`m just a beginner so i`m no where near mami or haru yet.

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Sig10

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Scandal_heaven_userbar2
Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Sh_cov15
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 am

nononoan

nononoan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i play the guitar bass
i think i'm can play better than TOMOMI but if i sing too
if i play and sing the song, TOMOMI is MUCH MUCH BETTER than me Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? 450165

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 pm

tafkma

tafkma

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:I think maybe I play bass guitar better than Tomomi but I have been playing since 1966 so there would be something seriously wrong if I was not !

But like the last 2 postings I am talking about just playing !
I cannot sing to save my life so that makes Tomomi far better than me, oh and I am not pretty like her of course !

Like Mr TonyMiller I have been playing for many years. I thought I might compare where I was at as a guitarist when I was 22. I was already 10 years into my playing and had graduated into playing in bars and such gigging up and down the Northeast USA playing what everyone wanted to hear. Rush, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix and such. Here's the key point Mami chan is an International Rock Star at 22 Playing Scandal's own tunes.
I might have been technically better at the same age but damn for only playing 6 years her chops will only get finer. Can't wait for the new album

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 am

Nodivingjeff

Nodivingjeff

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Guitar wise I think I can play better than both Haruna and Mami. I will say though that Mami can really do some octave work that I have only really been getting the hang of by learning some of Scandal's songs. Drums I'm nowhere near Rina. I can only play a handful of beats on the drums. Now bass is the instrument I play the most, and I think that Tomo is better than me by far. She's the only bass player that I see play and actually look up too and get inspiration from. That comes from the whole package though of playing the way she does while singing. I can sing and play a little bit, but nothing like she does it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think I can play better guitar than Haru, but not as good as Mami, which should be only natural, since she's playing much longer than me. As for bass Timo is much better than me, though I can't say I suck Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? 924158

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Mewithoutyou93

Mewithoutyou93

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/discopix-14/img09112423
I'm a guitarist. I've been playing guitar for almost 9 years. Hmm... I can't compare my skills to Mami's since we play differently, but I think if ever I had a chance to meet her and had a guitar talk I think we'll both have something to learn from each other hehe. Besides, Mami is one of my favourite female guitarists. <3

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:11 pm

My Sakura

My Sakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I as aguitarist of our band here my in the name of my band mates say that me and MAMI sama have the same guitarist skill when it comes to Lead but in Rhythm The ratio of of the skill between me and HARUNA sama is 80% by 20% but if you compare our drummer w/ RINA sama she will have to pass all 10 board exams to meet RINA sama's skills

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 am

PAulfromAustralia

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
from a post >
" Compared with Mami, I think she's a bit better than me. She's faster
than me and plays cleaner and is less sloppy than me. BUT, I think I'm
more versatile in terms of playing style and I can improv while she
can't, apparently."

Ouch ! Hope she doesn't read that. I think Mami has done exceptionally well for 5 years.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 pm

FreeFall

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
I wish I could play at least one instrument ç-ç
One day I'm gonna learn bass and guitar!!

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? Timooverflow

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 am

parkel

parkel

International Performer
International Performer
I only own an acoustic so I don't really know, but for one, I can't compare to MAMI's skill level when it comes to guitar.

I could compare to HARUNA maybe. But definitely can't compare to MAMI.

><

Are YOU as good as SCANDAL? F14010103
こんにゃちわ!~
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.