Go down

Re: Sydney SCANDAL-HEAVEN members
Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami FTW! wrote:

@ WaffleDino: You took the words right out of my mouth, i was gonna suggest Mizuya too, and you are very right, proper planning will come once we have the numbers, 10 people are nice because of the reasons you stated .smile. and I am super excited as i will reach Sydney on Tuesday and will PM you my mobile number as soon as i get an Australian SIM card, so that we can contact each other when you have gathered enough people bro. I'll try my best, as i said before ( sorry for the repitition .please. ) to gather people from UTS for our karaoke session! .uhuh.

Haha loving your enthusiasm dude. Don't get worked up so early though, it may be a long time before we gather many people.

Please check out my ongoing project: Fender Stratocaster SSS "Mami Model"
IT'S GOING TO LOOK AWESOME!!!

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
I still sigh every time I realise there's no Kagerou. xD Too much angst.

I also die every time I try to sing Secret Base. It is way too long to sing solo. On a side note, Touch and Rouge no Dengon are also quite popular songs ...

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
How about other artists we're interested in?
Personally I'm very musically diverse and I listen to music ranging from Mozart to Megadeth to Frank Sinatra to Scandal haha.

For the sake of Japanese music, I wouldn't mind blasting some Asian Kung Fu Generation or Yui at karaoke.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:25 am

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Tanya Lilac: I also like Touch and rogue no dengon .clap. , but no kagerou is sad Onion Sigh

@ Waffle Dino: Exactly, Akfg and Yui are really awesome, would love to sing N.G.S, Blue Train, After Dark etc. and Yui's Rolling Star .clap.

@ Everyone: AM IN SYDNEYY!!!! .clap. Just arrived yesterday, living with a friend in UTS dorms till my orientation starts on 5th Feb. So exciting!!!

Sydney SCANDAL-HEAVEN members - Page 5 38602712
I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 am

TheHighWind

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Welcome to Sydney, I hope you like it here.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 am

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@ TheHighWind: Thank you! .clap. , am loving it here, it's just that my english is up to the mark but my throat is a little raspy so because of that I am having a temporary setback of not being able to talk that much. Otherwise, the experience is very nice .smile.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
TanyaLilac wrote:I still sigh every time I realise there's no Kagerou. xD Too much angst.

I also die every time I try to sing Secret Base. It is way too long to sing solo. On a side note, Touch and Rouge no Dengon are also quite popular songs ...

Secret Base surprisingly is a VERY popular song at Mizuya at least. With the Joysound you can check the history and it saves up to the most recent 1250 songs. That's like DAYS worth of karaoke haha.

Secret Base came up plenty of times on that history list and it's really awesome to know that a lot of people like to sing it. I think it's an absolutely beautiful song which tells a wonderful story. Oh the feels... .dies.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm finally getting my voice back lol. The downside is I recently bought Dynasty Warriors 7 and can't get over it. XD

I really, really love Tokyo Jihen though. My vocal range is no where near Shiina Ringo's, though, so ... I need to find a mid-tone song that's not boring lol

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Even if we sung Secret Base, I'd find it hard not to cry haha. Have you seen the farewell video by the original band ZONE? That changed the song completely for me.

Before I saw ZONEs farewell, Secret Base was just a really lovely song and after watching it, it's soooo sad .dies.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:05 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
You thanked this post! -

^I completely agree

One of the most emotional live performances you'll ever see! hard not to cry

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jibba wrote:^I completely agree

One of the most emotional live performances you'll ever see! hard not to cry

Yeah that's the one! Absolutely amazing performance! The song and the choreography perfectly matched what was going on. I think it was a perfect ending

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey guys, I thought I'd update the list of people interested in a Sydney Jam/Karaoke session. Let's try to keep this forum active, I'm sure there are more people out there who will be interested.

1. WaffleDino
  2. ShizukaSakura
  3. TanyaLilac
  4. Mami FTW!
  5. Atamarashi

We're halfway to 10!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:40 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lol I'm leaving for Japan (for a year) at the end of March; perhaps sometime before then, we can try get a session in? XD

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
TanyaLilac wrote:Lol I'm leaving for Japan (for a year) at the end of March; perhaps sometime before then, we can try get a session in? XD

Oooo we have a deadline now! It'll be Sydney SH outing + Tanya's farewell! Reach out to your other SH friends and get them to come too!

Btw can I ask. Do you have any music clubs at UTS and if so, what are they like?

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Music clubs? I know there's MuscUTS -- I have a few friends in the glee club, and I know someone who plays violin for one of their bands, or something. Sometimes you see members performing at Union/Club events as like 'light entertainment', i.e. they stand in a corner playing music as people mill around eating canapes and drinking rose. It has caused a few awkward run-ins on my part, in any case.

http://cfsites1.uts.edu.au/union/clubs/details.cfm?clubid=33

Maybe we can go by the end of the month? I feel like March might be cutting it close, I don't know ... I'll try reach out to exhilem, if I can.

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
TanyaLilac wrote:Music clubs? I know there's MuscUTS -- I have a few friends in the glee club, and I know someone who plays violin for one of their bands, or something. Sometimes you see members performing at Union/Club events as like 'light entertainment', i.e. they stand in a corner playing music as people mill around eating canapes and drinking rose. It has caused a few awkward run-ins on my part, in any case.

http://cfsites1.uts.edu.au/union/clubs/details.cfm?clubid=33

Maybe we can go by the end of the month? I feel like March might be cutting it close, I don't know ... I'll try reach out to exhilem, if I can.

Ah l see. My brother and I are starting a club at UNSW for music because the current one at UNSW kind of sucks. They're only active about twice a week. We're going to get musicians together and also have instrument services like guitar setups and repairs. We're also doing lessons and have 3 teachers on board already. At the moment it'll take at least 6 months to get everything up and running to be officially open next year. If we go well we might think of expanding to UTS if the music scene isn't doing so well there.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh, awesome! That sounds really good -- you can really give back to the student body with that kind of idea ... and with the SSAF, it's what the student union wants to see,I think ... but I can't say anything for how UNSW manages the funds :/

On a side note, I can't make it on March 16th (Sat). Can anyone suggest a minimum number of people for the event? Ten is good, but I think it's a bit hard to get enough people between now and the end of March ...? :/

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think 7 or 8 seems better. If we all go out for dinner afterwards, we could all fit in a booth at Wagaya or Kansai.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
LOL Yes. I once called Wagaya to make a booking for 40 people. The explanation that ensued was:

"Unfortunately, our biggest room can only take thirty five people. But, if you would like, you may book four booths together. They can fit eight people normally but, perhaps ten if people don't mind sitting close together."

It still kind of makes me laugh to explain it, but yeah. /offtopic. I think exhilem is in Japan, for some reason. I can't get in contact with him. Anyone want to suggest a day/time? (Weekdays are also fine for me...)

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 am

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'll just put a (random) date out there and we'll see if it works for everyone.
How about... the 21st Feb at 3pm? That's one week from today.

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 pm

TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://tomomi-slap-that-bass.tumblr.com
I don't know if I can make it, I'm very interested though. I just keep getting busier and busier as time creeps closer towards uni, so I should just sit out on this one :/

That music club thing at UNSW, I'm interested in that too! I would have nothing worthwhile to contribute though Tongue
Perhaps once it has started I can get lessons, I have never had a teacher before and I always learn more if someone is poking me with a stick. Who knows maybe I could help out if there's a bbq or something :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Mami FTW!

Mami FTW!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WaffleDino wrote:I'll just put a (random) date out there and we'll see if it works for everyone.
How about... the 21st Feb at 3pm? That's one week from today.

@WaffleDino: I really want to come to the karaoke session but I am afraid I won't be able to make it. Classes at UTS Insearch just started and we have so much homework to do and assignments to submit, the workload is a little harsh .fustrated..

If the date for the karaoke session could be on a weekend, then I will make it probably.

I Love you, MAMI!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm

WaffleDino

WaffleDino

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

TomomiSlapThatBass wrote:I don't know if I can make it, I'm very interested though. I just keep getting busier and busier as time creeps closer towards uni, so I should just sit out on this one :/

That music club thing at UNSW, I'm interested in that too! I would have nothing worthwhile to contribute though Tongue
Perhaps once it has started I can get lessons, I have never had a teacher before and I always learn more if someone is poking me with a stick. Who knows maybe I could help out if there's a bbq or something :/

D: Uni hasn't started yet though. If you can't make it then that's unfortunate but I'll try to keep us Sydneysiders in touch with each other outside of the forum.

I'm sure you'll have something to contribute to the club. While it's true that we'll have teachers in the club, I believe that no single person is an expert at everything so I think everyone will be able to learn something from each other. Our music theory teacher just graduated from The Conservatorium and is very good at theory and piano but a total noob when it comes to guitar.
Likewise with myself, I'm not the best at guitar and theory but I'm really good at guitar workshopping.

AND YOU GO TO UNSW?!?!

@MamiFTW!
In that case I think the weekends will be a good idea.
The 16th Tanya says she can't make it (myself also) and I also think that the 17th will be too short of a notice for everyone since some people don't check SH daily.
I'm not sure when Tanya is leaving for Japan though she says around the end of the month. The next weekends will be the 23rd and 24th. How does that sound for everyone?

SYDNEYSIDER/UNSW
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm leaving at the end of March, closer to April lol. Maybe I forgot to mention that. Oops. ^^;;;

I'm cool with the 22nd/23rd/24th of February weekend. ^^

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:30 pm

ShizukaSakura

ShizukaSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
I keep forgetting to come here. ~____~
I'm not if I can go, the week coming is booked up already which I want to leave the weekends to rest up for uni. ><

instagram: shizukachuu
one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum