Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012
Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:16 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For me it's tough to say which month I prefer since we don't know when their tours are yet.

Thinking back to when we first heard about the dreamer and the hall tours we probably won't know their schedule for the whole year at the beginning of the year so we won't be able to look at all the options and pick which works best because we won't know what is coming. It's more like we'll have to work to get ourselves ready to go at any point, and then when we find out about a tour a few months before it happens, make the decision if this is the one we'll try to see or wait for the next tour.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
320x200 wrote:For me it's tough to say which month I prefer since we don't know when their tours are yet.

Thinking back to when we first heard about the dreamer and the hall tours we probably won't know their schedule for the whole year at the beginning of the year so we won't be able to look at all the options and pick which works best because we won't know what is coming. It's more like we'll have to work to get ourselves ready to go at any point, and then when we find out about a tour a few months before it happens, make the decision if this is the one we'll try to see or wait for the next tour.

Fixing a date makes saving money easier, and as you said, our travel trip is solely dependent on the girls' schedue, so that is our official confirmation point. Whatever we have now is of Tentatively basis.

Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012 - Page 11 Yakusoku-1

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:30 pm

matteroll

matteroll

Caless Student
Caless Student
Showed my mom one of Serenula's post [The one saying that you won't mind meeting and talking to parents Tongue] and she seems less paranoid .clap. ... hopefully she will say yes later on in the year :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
matteroll wrote:Showed my mom one of Serenula's post [The one saying that you won't mind meeting and talking to parents Tongue] and she seems less paranoid .clap. ... hopefully she will say yes later on in the year :D

If she wants to meet me, I will gladly do so.
But just to be clear, I am not a baby sitter nor am I a guardian. Yes I will do all I can to look out for you minors, but thats all I can do. Listening to me to whoever is incharge of the event is ultimately up to each and everyone.
I want people to voice out their opinions, remember, we don't owe anyone anything and we are here together to have fun and to enjoy SCANDAL.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Serenula wrote:If she wants to meet me, I will gladly do so.
But just to be clear, I am not a baby sitter nor am I a guardian. Yes I will do all I can to look out for you minors, but thats all I can do. Listening to me to whoever is incharge of the event is ultimately up to each and everyone.
I want people to voice out their opinions, remember, we don't owe anyone anything and we are here together to have fun and to enjoy SCANDAL.

I'll make sure i wont be a burden Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
7350legend wrote: I'll make sure i wont be a burden Nice one

That would be much appriciated. I believe you won't be~

Ok, what I can tell you guys is, timing is of the highest importance here, especailly to those heavy sleepers and toilet campers. Missing a schedued train is the worst thing you can imagine in Japan as everything has a per min accuracy unless something unforseen occurs.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:13 pm

matteroll

matteroll

Caless Student
Caless Student
Same, if i go, I'll make sure i won't be a burden and yes i know that you're not a baby sitter XD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
matteroll wrote:Same, if i go, I'll make sure i won't be a burden and yes i know that you're not a baby sitter XD.

Haha, I don't mind your age or your gender. Depending on our party, other then our SCANDAL events, the rest will be according to those in our group, but this is still up to discussion.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I wish I was able to join you. Unfortunately plane ticket from Europe to Japan cost me and my family. .____.
You guys should come back with a lot of photos!

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012 - Page 11 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ronrinesu wrote:I wish I was able to join you. Unfortunately plane ticket from Europe to Japan cost me and my family. .____.
You guys should come back with a lot of photos!

currently, flying to Japan is of a much cheaper price then before, though I am not sure of what will the cost be for 2012.

Rest assure, we will take lots of photos and drown you in them :D

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
Just the one way ticket is 700€ and the return ticket is about 1300€. .____. That's reeeally expensive! (ToT)

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012 - Page 11 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:46 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
cyberdoll wrote:
TomomixOgawa wrote:If only I was a bit older I could go ... >_<
I'm only 14, and im assuming you guys are like aged 20+ ?
haha, unfortunately my parents would never allow me to leave the country with a bunch of people they've never met when Im at this age... .wew.

just bring us to meet your parents, easy Nice one

hey, im 18(next yr 19) and my parents are not really keen on letting me go with ppl that they dun know about too. so yr not alone haha, besides they dun quite belive i would actually turn into a 'fanboy' kinda person LOL. they were quite surprised when i told them i wanted to jo tokyo jux to see SCANDAL live haha
Makoto wrote:yes.. but if ur trying to follow scandal whereever they go.. train is 100% too late lol.. they might be reaching the place, doing their stuffs, while we are still on the train..lols.. its really hard.. so on this point.. requires alot of planning!

hehe, might i suggest running? .common. on a more serious note: cant we take cabs? unless they too cost a bomb otherwise, that might be alot better if u guys wanna follow them everywhere. .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:21 am

HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
well, from what i see on a travel guide.. taxis are pretty expensive.. flagoff price is 710yen for 2km, then jump 100yen for every 350m or 100yen every 2 minute idling.. not that ideal in tokyo where the traffic are more prone to jams... cars would be a better alternative to chasing SCANDAL... Nice one

Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012 - Page 11 ToriiGateKamiworkssignature2
Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Has anyone followed a band "everywhere" in Japan before? I really don't see how it's realistically possible, or polite for that matter...?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33 am

HirumaKyo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
true true... we would want to show the girls our support and love for them but not too much of it.. thats why we need to plan out the details... Happy from the previous dissucssion, im guessing we'll not be doing a tour travel from tokyo to osaka unless the girls are going to osaka, right?

@serenula: i should be joining this trip if nothing goes wrong... i'll add myself on the list when im back from malaysia later on.. .hail.

Possible SH trip to Japan in 2012 - Page 11 ToriiGateKamiworkssignature2
Rina's cutest moment
Haruna: Chicken rice.. 2 days... *Rina posed with 2 fingers!!* LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HirumaKyo wrote:well, from what i see on a travel guide.. taxis are pretty expensive.. flagoff price is 710yen for 2km, then jump 100yen for every 350m or 100yen every 2 minute idling.. not that ideal in tokyo where the traffic are more prone to jams... cars would be a better alternative to chasing SCANDAL... Nice one

my goodness...looks like japan is a place where standard of living is higher then singapore...even my fren from japan also says japan makes singapore look cheap..but the stuff there are undoubtly of a better quality comapred to most places. .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:04 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Ronrinesu, I didn't expect that, it is some what cheaper from here to Japan. Could it be the airlines you chose?

@tempostorm, yes, even though our currency is stronger, Japan's SOL is very very much higher then us. Taxis are for extreme desperate times only. Ha, my mother had the same reaction when I went crazy over those amazing four days.

@320x220, Taiwan! Haha, they literally followed SCANDAL wherever they were by taking cabs to chase them, the girls' commented on an interview that they felt protected and found it nice. I guess its the first taste of fame..haha~

Back on the topic of car, the size of our group will be the deciding factor, and then the girls' schedue too. The max we can rent is the same mini bus/van which the girls' will ride in, I guess a maximum of around 5 to 6 people in one?

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sorry for double posting but I feel this post should be a new one.

Ok, I have scouted a few hostels and rental apartments, all of which, only 2 replied and they are Sakura hotel Ikebukuro and Hikari Tokyo Apartments.

http://www.sakura-hotel-ikebukuro.com/rooms.php
scroll down till you see Whole Floor on your Own!
That is a package they offered us

http://www.tokyoapartment81.com/short/detail/plan-33226/index.html
This room is what they are offering

Prices are less then 100(SGD) a day per person. This is just a reserach, what do you guys think?

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:41 am

turtle-san

turtle-san

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.facebook.com/chewyee.at.work
Just thinking, how about backpacker's inn like this?

http://www.newkoyo.com/index.html

Another question. I was using a 5-day JR pass last time I went Japan. Around 240 bucks if I remembered correctly. Can travel to any part of JR line unlimited times. Would it be more cost efficient for us?

http://www.jtb.com.sg/ExploreJapan/JRPass.aspx#Section2

I can't remember details much because my friend planned it but I'm just wondering about the feasibility?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
turtle-san wrote:Just thinking, how about backpacker's inn like this?

http://www.newkoyo.com/index.html

Another question. I was using a 5-day JR pass last time I went Japan. Around 240 bucks if I remembered correctly. Can travel to any part of JR line unlimited times. Would it be more cost efficient for us?

http://www.jtb.com.sg/ExploreJapan/JRPass.aspx#Section2

I can't remember details much because my friend planned it but I'm just wondering about the feasibility?

Ok. Backpackers have a few problems, they are
1) room size,
2) toilet
3) net connection
4) security

Room is really small as you can see from some of the images, you will most likely be sharing a bed with someone. Toilet are common ones so you will be sharing it with a bunch of other people other then we SH. The only net connection is in the lobby and it is pay per use. Lastly, security is as much as you personally can handle, do not keep important things in the room, there are different people staying there other then us and we don't know them or how strong our room door will be.

Ok now on to the JR pass, yes the prices are as you said but you see, JR is only for JR lines. We will undoubtably take other private lines such as Ginza Subway line which will be additional cost. No doubt JR lines cover most places in Tokyo but if you want a more direct point of arrival then we will need to weave our way through the train tracks. This is also depending on us, do you guys want to save on traveling and walk more or do you guys want to reach the nearest stop and walk lesser. I can see that arriving at a nearer train station will reduce the chances of us getting lost while walking on the streets.

These are my personal experience with backpackers and JR, please do add your own :D

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think we shld worry more about security..we cant afford to carry all the important stuff with us unless they are like passports, wallets etc. also, if we buy any thing along the way which we view as valuable, surely u would want to ensure the rooms safe enough...as for the net, honestly, we could do w/o it. take enough pics and videos so that while we're away from the forums, we have tons of stuff to share when we get back.
@Serenula: we can always get a map and explore Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Serenula wrote:@320x220, Taiwan! Haha, they literally followed SCANDAL wherever they were by taking cabs to chase them, the girls' commented on an interview that they felt protected and found it nice. I guess its the first taste of fame..haha~

hehe yeah I saw that interview. I'd still worry about bothering them though if they're trying to just go home after a show and a group of people are chasing them in taxis. They don't need any protection in Japan Happy

Assuming I go, I'll be renting a Japanese iPhone so we'll have GPS and maps, no way to get lost. But, personally I still think the simplest way to go is to use Suica cards. JR does cover a lot, and I used them the most, but there are times when taking the subway or another line makes a lot more sense. For example, to get from my hotel to Zepp Tokyo I took 3 different lines, only one of which was JR.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
oh yeah!! side-track abit, any chance we can visit the Budokan?? i've always wanted to see it every since i watched K-ON!
@320x220: we can use the phone to call ppl, sms etc. right?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@tempostorm Saftey and Security will always be the first priority. Thus we need a relatively safe hotel. Oh speaking of passports, do bring it along with you.
If we got the time, why not.
I would suggest each of us get a phone that works overseas. Incase we get lost or something. Either that or tie yourself to the person who has the phone.

@320x220, I will be doing the same, more or less at least I am going to get a sim card with a data plan. My phone seems to work overseas and I am a net junkee, I need a constant connection to the WWW.
As you said, you took more private lines then JR lines. Suica is still a good option, provided we are NOT leaving Tokyo.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:10 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tempostorm wrote:oh yeah!! side-track abit, any chance we can visit the Budokan?? i've always wanted to see it every since i watched K-ON!
@320x220: we can use the phone to call ppl, sms etc. right?

Interesting idea. I've always wanted to visit it since the first video I saw that got me into Japanese music in the first place was Perfume at Budokan.

On the phone, well, yes and no. You can call people but it's really expensive, something like $1.25 USD per minute. I only use the calling for emergencies or for something quick like if I'm trying to meet someone and we don't see each-other. Internet use is unlimited though. SMS is a little different in Japan, people don't really use it because you can only SMS with people on the same network. Everyone uses email instead.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.