Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Budokan March 28th 2012
Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hi there, I believe most of us have heard that SCANDAL is be playing at Budokan on the 28th of March 2012. I decided to create a new thread to reduce confusion with the other thread. This thread will be only on the Budokan. I am gonna start a list for those who Want and Can make it.

1) Serenula (Can)

Last edited by Serenula on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Budokan March 28th 2012 Yakusoku-1

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Re: Budokan March 28th 2012
Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 am

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don mean to b an ass but....its kinda early to know whether we CAN or not....

1) Serenula
2) Zech (WANT)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:27 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@zechzech, yes sorry for making so forceful, I have editied.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:27 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
1) Serenula
2) Zech
3) 320x200

I'm going to collect the travel tips I had in the other thread here:

- Start learning any Japanese you can right now. Japan isn't like Europe where just about everyone speaks English fluently. You can technically get around without speaking any Japanese but every little bit you can learn will help your trip go easier for sure. In my experience staff speak workable english in the airport, train stations and some hotels, but if you encounter anyone at a restaurant/shop or out in the street who speaks strong english it's really rare. Even if you can't speak anything of substance, being able to say "Sorry, I can't understand Japanese" in Japanese goes a really long way, just as a sort of courtesy that you're at least trying.

- Research Japanese culture and customs. Basically watch every video this guy has on youtube, especially the How To playlist. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJapanChannelDcom It was incredibly helpful to know ahead of time about things like Suica cards for the trains and how to avoid embarrassing yourself in public.

- Rent a Japanese iPhone/smartphone. I've used these guys before: http://www.jcrcorp.com/ I recommend airport delivery and return because it's very easy to do at Narita where the staff speak workable English and then you have it to use for the entire trip. I went alone on my trip and the Japanese iPhone was absolutely essential. Look up translations online, get train maps, use the gps to find where you want to go, etc etc.

Other tips
Spoiler:

Tips about buying tickets
Spoiler:

Last edited by 320x200 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am

xKai

xKai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I wanted, but not sure can make it or not.

Budokan March 28th 2012 20kacsh

SCANDAL is a part of my life
SCANDAL is in my blood

RINA :3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
xKai wrote:I wanted, but not sure can make it or not.

Same, same

Way to early to confirm
But we see the response and maybe figure out someting if we can get a gd crowd...

Freaking emo-ing due to missing out virgin hall even though i specifically am travelling to jpn jus for that...
So...WE NEEDA PPL THAT CAN GET US TIX!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:41 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
zechzech wrote:Freaking emo-ing due to missing out virgin hall even though i specifically am travelling to jpn jus for that...

I strongly recommend people plan to save a large amount of money for their tickets. It's very likely that we'll need to buy our tickets second-hand and pay much more than the list price.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:43 am

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
320x200 wrote:
zechzech wrote:Freaking emo-ing due to missing out virgin hall even though i specifically am travelling to jpn jus for that...

I strongly recommend people plan to save a large amount of money for their tickets. It's very likely that we'll need to buy our tickets second-hand and pay much more than the list price.

lol...rmb how i told u i am nv gonna be able to affort to do that...
I don wanna do that either...its jus not fair...
I don mind my money goin to e gals sony....but not sum other creep that is using them

@ 96000(thats 320 multiply 300)
As long as ur phone have 3G & auto-roaming it can work in jpn now

@serenula
Jetstar only goes osaka...another train will cost 100+sg
No other budget goes jpn...
i jus chk 2 wks ago...

As long as it isnt a holiday period and if u book early the air tix are really cheap...not budget cheap but affordable to even a poor *bleep* lyk mi...
But its not wise to secure air tix wifout concert tix.

Last edited by zechzech on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@@320x200, the trip is nicely 6 months from today.

@zechzech, Air-fare will be the bulk of the cost, I will foresee us flying budget airlines. Ok I will start a new search up on airlines for Singapore's side such as Jetstar.

I am sure that some of us can already estimate how much we can save by then, may it be allowance or savings or even Chinese New Year money.

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:53 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
zechzech wrote:
lol...rmb how i told u i am nv gonna be able to affort to do that...
I don wanna do that either...its jus not fair...
I don mind my money goin to e gals sony....but not sum other creep that is using them

I would much rather the money went to the girls too, but the reality is we will very likely have no other choice. I've sat online right at the sale time for Scandal's shows and the tickets sell out faster than you can load the website. There's nothing that stops Sony from auctioning their tickets instead of selling them at a fixed price if they wanted a piece of the actual market value of the tickets.

zechzech wrote:
@ 96000(thats 320 multiply 300)
As long as ur phone have 3G & auto-roaming it can work in jpn now

It depends on what your carrier charges you for international roaming. Mine from the US wanted $150 USD for as much data as I use in 15 minutes of using the maps. Renting a local phone with unlimited data was much cheaper.

Last edited by 320x200 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 am

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@320x200 what do you suggest we do to get the tickets? I have absolutly no experience in this aspect..

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 am

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@64000(sorry i got it wrong the first time)

Wait....you mean at Eplus site?
And dont you need a jap address?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Flare

Flare

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ref the 320x200 comment on the SNSD concert tickets. Since I have friends who went, I can clarify some things.

Spoiler:

That said, a friendly E-mail to the local Japan Nation Tourism Organization (http://www.jnto.org.sg/) won't hurt.
Next, it'll be a close friend staying in Japan/Japanese friend. Ask if he/she mind helping us to buy tickets, sign up as SCANDAL Mania member and help us purchase tickets through Fan Club priority. I have no idea if there's a limit to the number of tickets a member can buy tho.

A few weeks ago, I was thinking to myself "I wonder when will the Girls have their first One-man live in Budokan... I'll really like to go there and support the girls in person when it happens."

I'll put myself in the "Want" list for now. There's many hurdles to jump through (Work, Wife). But really wish to be able to be there.

1) Serenula (Can)
2) Zech (Want)
3) 320x200
4) Flare (Want)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Flare, would it be better just going directly down to JTB for us? I have always favoured verbal communications.

What about our overseas friends?

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:13 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Serenula wrote:@320x200 what do you suggest we do to get the tickets? I have absolutly no experience in this aspect..

We have four ways to get tickets, two are long-shots, one is reliable and easy, one is reliable but difficult.

Reliable:
- Buy them from Yahoo Japan Auctions using a purchasing service like Celga. This will likely cost 2-3 times the face value for average seats. 10x and higher than face value for great seats. This method is reliable because there WILL be tickets being sold second-hand and you can plan for the cost.

- Become Scandal Mania members and purchase tickets through member-only presales. This hasn't been announced yet of course but will probably happen. This costs more than the face value of the ticket because you need to also pay for a SM membership but usually gives better seats since they're selling to their fanclub. This is harder to do than using Yahoo Japan Auctions because it will probably involve everyone needing to bumble through a couple of websites in Japanese.

Long shots:
- Regular ticket sales lottery/scramble. We can try to buy tickets through whatever regular website they are sold through or try to have someone in Japan go to a convenience store. Ticket price will be low but the seats you get will be completely random and there is a good chance it will sell out before you can buy any ticket at all.

- Work with Sony/Kitty/Japan Tourism Board to try and arrange help getting tickets. If one of these organizations helps us then it's great, but it will be difficult to make this happen of course.

zechzech wrote:
@64000(sorry i got it wrong the first time)
Wait....you mean at Eplus site?
And dont you need a jap address?

For the phone? I rent from the jcrcorp site linked in my post.

Since it was happening in the other thread too, you guys must, must, MUST break the habit of saying "jap" instead of Japanese. It is definitely an offensive slang in Japan and the US and you do not want to ever say it there or you will be seen as racist. It's best to get in the habit of never saying or using it anywhere. I know you guys aren't trying to be racist but every time I see that slang used here on the forums it without a doubt sounds a bit racist.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Flare

Flare

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Serenula wrote:@Flare, would it be better just going directly down to JTB for us? I have always favoured verbal communications.

What about our overseas friends?

Well, it'll really depends on how many there are. We can always ask on their behalf.

Right, maybe we should ask naks how he purchased his Virgin Hall Tour tickets...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@64000

"I would much rather the money went to the girls too, but the reality is we will very likely have no other choice. I've sat online right at the sale time for Scandal's shows and the tickets sell out faster than you can load the website. There's nothing that stops Sony from auctioning their tickets instead of selling them at a fixed price if they wanted a piece of the actual market value of the tickets."

Which site where u @....?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:22 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
zechzech wrote:@64000

"I would much rather the money went to the girls too, but the reality is we will very likely have no other choice. I've sat online right at the sale time for Scandal's shows and the tickets sell out faster than you can load the website. There's nothing that stops Sony from auctioning their tickets instead of selling them at a fixed price if they wanted a piece of the actual market value of the tickets."

Which site where u @....?

Oh, I don't remember the name of the official sales site. I just remember refreshing the page as fast as possible right at the release time for their 2010 fall tour. It went straight from "not on sale yet" to "sold out" in one refresh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@320x200 and if that happens for us, we will be crying or raging. Either way, I will be heading down to JTB nearest to my location tomorrow to see if there is anything.. or is this too early?

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:31 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Serenula wrote:@320x200 and if that happens for us, we will be crying or raging. Either way, I will be heading down to JTB nearest to my location tomorrow to see if there is anything.. or is this too early?

I don't think it's too early, 6 months away gives them time to see if there is anything they can do. There must be a US JTB too I can try to get in touch with, maybe we'll have two shots at making it work that way. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
320x200 wrote:

I don't think it's too early, 6 months away gives them time to see if there is anything they can do. There must be a US JTB too I can try to get in touch with, maybe we'll have two shots at making it work that way. Happy

The more chances the better. I hope you have something similar ~

JTB in singapore is Japan tourism board. Its the biggest and practically everywhere in Singapore and their staffs are Japanese too. Ok I will update you all at night tmr on what JTB has to say/offer..

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 pm

toonz

toonz

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
1) Serenula (Can)
2) Zech (Want)
3) 320x200
4) Flare (Want)
5) Toonz

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:41 pm

cyberdoll

cyberdoll

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
why....on my birthday...why Sad

i doubt i can save enough to go by then, why god why Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Serenula

Serenula

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

2) Zech (Want)
3) 320x200
4) Flare (Want)
5) Toonz

I have just been informed that I have an engagement on the 27th to 7 april and school is getting in the way so i cant go anymore

Editi removed name

Last edited by Serenula on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Yakusoku~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 pm

DBAG

DBAG

Caless Student
Caless Student
1) Serenula (Can)