NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/help/shipping.html

Some new members have popped up and asked this question about downloading, which means two things, one, they didn't read the rules (which IMO is a really bad thing), two, they don't have basic forum etiquette (even on forums that permit file sharing, asking for anything on your first few posts is considered downright rude and extremely impolite at best)

The above link I have posted has a shipping calculator by CDJapan for different countries and shipping methods. If your country appears on that list it is highly likely that you will be able to purchase SCANDAL's music off CDJapan. This is in response to the common excuse that a particular country is unable or does not have access to SCANDAL's CDs and so they come here asking for download links.

TL;DR I just want to comment on the recent rise in these incidents, hope the above link helps new members a little, especially those who claim that their country has no access to SCANDAL's CDs and most of all read the rules.

Back to top Go down

Re: Before someone asks about downloading again
Posted Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:24 am

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh and just to clarify one thing I read in the other topic but didn't have the chance to quote.

I don't know the law of the other country, but, here in brasil the law say that if a stuff isn't selling in brasil you can download them

That's CRAZY man, ahah, the law doesn't say that, no where near that. Just Imagine what the other country's would say to that? if we could acquire anything they made for free? There is no logic there, no country would accept that and they would come killing Brazil, the same stand for us if any other country did that. I don't know the exact word in English but there are international "deals" that don't allow that sort of stuff. Copyright stand basically the same for all the world.

Why do you think in school for example they always always bombard us saying that we need to put the bibliographic reference? Well because you need to state every single place or site or person that you got the information from... because of copyright issues.

So no, the law doesn't say that be careful. I wrote this so that people don't mistake it. Specially other Brazilians that might come her to look for information.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

JosephRuela

JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hammer wrote:Oh and just to clarify one thing I read in the other topic but didn't have the chance to quote.

I don't know the law of the other country, but, here in brasil the law say that if a stuff isn't selling in brasil you can download them

That's CRAZY man, ahah, the law doesn't say that, no where near that. Just Imagine what the other country's would say to that? if we could acquire anything they made for free? There is no logic there, no country would accept that and they would come killing Brazil, the same stand for us if any other country did that. I don't know the exact word in English but there are international "deals" that don't allow that sort of stuff. Copyright stand basically the same for all the world.

Why do you think in school for example they always always bombard us saying that we need to put the bibliographic reference? Well because you need to state every single place or site or person that you got the information from... because of copyright issues.

So no, the law doesn't say that be careful. I wrote this so that people don't mistake it. Specially other Brazilians that might come her to look for information.

ok man, the law say that!! my Father is Lawyer, he said that!! and I don't know if you know a store called Soneca Anime Club, they selling CDs and DVDs, but not the original ones, and they only can sell the stuffs because this law man!!
But this law only apply for the stuff that don't have their sellings in the national territory!!
this is possible cause our law only give support the things in national territory!!
everything that is out, is not support by our law!!

I will search by the exactly law and I post here!!

EDIT:
ok I found the Law: Nº 9.610 of 19.02.98
according to this law there are no copyrights off that kind of stuff in Brasil
if you want to check, go check!!

but that don't mean that I don't support the girls, And I think that Downloads are ok
I only want to mean that this ins't Illegal
And if someone want to do that they aren't breaking the law!! (At least in Brasil!!)

Before someone asks about downloading again Signatureqb
Before someone asks about downloading again Sh_cov15
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gawd... it does not... our law doesn't allow that, it is illegal to do that sort of stuff, i just read everything, and nowhere does it say that!

Go search for Berne convention, Genebra convention, Rome convention, to name some. Those are INTERNATIONAL agreements or deals, that Brazil IS part of, that means that he agrees to it. In those conventions, the country's of the world discussed that exact problem, and the conclusion of them, was that every country that was member (Brazil IS) MUST respect each others copyrights law, and the international law about copyright.

This issue, is not something for one country to decide on their own, if they don't want to make the rest of the world their enemy. AS I said, it would be crazy if any country did that!

So, concluding, you are breaking the law if you download their cd's via piracy. Not saying people will stop doing, specially regarding music, but it is not allowed, only that, and other brazilians shouldn't be mistaken.

EDIT: Article one of one of those conventions.
Article 1
Establishment of a Union 3

The countries to which this Convention applies constitute a Union for the protection of the rights of authors in their literary and artistic works.

And Brazil is a member.

If you want to continue discussing this then PM me, otherwise this will get too out of topic, if it hasn't already.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
No matter what the law says, the rules of this forum states that SH is anti-piracy, so do not come here and ask for download links, I'm just providing a source where you can purchase legitimate copies of SCANDAL's songs. Also by purchasing from official sources you also help to contribute to SCANDAL's oricon chart ratings, most major online stores now do keep track of data and do count towards the chart ratings, so it is a double boost if you actually buy from them.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:09 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@NathanielG
I agree with you 100%, we are supposed to care about the girls and they work really hard for their money.
I have been buying their CD's and DVD's since 2008.
People will say it is easy for me because I have the money to buy them but piracy can never be OK.

Before someone asks about downloading again Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

JosephRuela

JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
We are having a misunderstanding here
i'm not asking for download links
i'm just saying that this might be legal
actually, this starts cause a guy ask for download links, and say that it's not illegal
and I just agree with the guy
but i know the forum rules, and i support the girls
I'm just expressing my opinion

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
No, uploading anything that has a copyright/license that you do not own is illegal, and considered piracy.

The people who download it are also at fault when they are caught - because if they are found with it, and do not own any type of license proving why they have it, is also illegal.

But if you download it in the first place, it is because you cannot or do not have the opportunity to purchase it for whatever reasons.

This is a place where piracy is not welcome, so please do not justify why you should be allowed to download it in 'x' country. No one is pointing fingers here, we know the story. It's all just for future reference so it doesn't happen again.

Before someone asks about downloading again Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:57 pm

JosephRuela

JosephRuela

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ok, piracy is not welcome ha?
and what is this: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t4214-guitar-pro-6
this is not piracy??

and you know what??
let's end this conversation
i had my conversation with Hammer about our laws, and we end this a few days ago
so, no download links, we have to support the girls

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Calm down people.
Yes people we had a big discussion via PM so we would not annoy anyone over what happens (or not happens) here. I asked him to PM me so the discussion wouldn't get bigger.

And since the beginning he said he supported the girls, and has agreed that no download links should be allowed, and is respecting the rules of the forum. He just made an unfortunate comment that I felt the need to respond (so it is also a little bit my fault for "reviving" it, maybe I should have let it slide). But again it was just a comment, no need to push it more then that.

As plutonion said now, it is here ok, for future reference, it is also here my opinion as another Brazilian that believes piracy is not allowed in our country. So again I don't think there is any need to push this conversation more to this side then it already is.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:49 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
JosephRuela wrote:ok, piracy is not welcome ha?
and what is this: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t4214-guitar-pro-6
this is not piracy??

and you know what??
let's end this conversation
i had my conversation with Hammer about our laws, and we end this a few days ago
so, no download links, we have to support the girls

Thanks for linking to that, I have now removed the download link from that since It does break the anti-piracy rules.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:38 am

AnonymouSouL

Banned
Banned
@Nathaniel: next time when you post something, do it more properly ok ??? just for your benefits kid nothing else

ِAnonymous Is Legion

"We Don't Forgive, We Don't Forget, Expect Us" Anonymous
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
AnonymouSouL wrote:@Nathaniel: next time when you post something, do it more properly ok ??? just for your benefits kid nothing else

Excuse me?

Before someone asks about downloading again Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 am

AnonymouSouL

Banned
Banned
Noodles wrote:
AnonymouSouL wrote:@Nathaniel: next time when you post something, do it more properly ok ??? just for your benefits kid nothing else

Excuse me?

huh?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
AnonymouSouL wrote:
Noodles wrote:

Excuse me?

huh?

You should show some respect to other members, if you want to discuss the thread feel free to do so but provide reasons, what you said did not contribute to the discussion at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
isn't it legal to download their music if you have their CDs? Like if your CDs get damaged or something happens to your CDs, or if you bought mp3 tracks on itunes or amazon or something, and all of the sudden, they got deleted or disappeared?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yoshinator54 wrote:isn't it legal to download their music if you have their CDs? Like if your CDs get damaged or something happens to your CDs, or if you bought mp3 tracks on itunes or amazon or something, and all of the sudden, they got deleted or disappeared?

Maaaaaaybe in some cases, but it's certainly always illegal to provide the download.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:46 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
yoshinator54 wrote:isn't it legal to download their music if you have their CDs? Like if your CDs get damaged or something happens to your CDs, or if you bought mp3 tracks on itunes or amazon or something, and all of the sudden, they got deleted or disappeared?

If you buy the tracks on amazon (via Mp3) you can re-download them at any time, if you purchase a CD and you lose it/damage it I dont think youre entitled to download a virtual copy of it. I'm not very sure about this issue.

Concerning the forum, even if you have purchased CDs of any band, download links to the files are not allowed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^
Well, I'd say a lot of people download the songs after purchase.
Like when you look into the SCANDAL Stuff SHow-off thread you see most of the time the CDs are still wrapped, which I can understand, I don't like to take them out of the wrapping either. But I doubt many people buy all their CDs twice just so they can open them and get the songs from it so they download them.

But I guess this is still not as bad as JUST downloading them cuz that doesn't support the girls at all.

I apologize if I go off topic.

Before someone asks about downloading again TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:07 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
I don't understand why you wouldn't unwrap their cds, you would be missing out on all the pics inside. Before someone asks about downloading again 450165

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
graftenberg wrote:I don't understand why you wouldn't unwrap their cds, you would be missing out on all the pics inside. Before someone asks about downloading again 450165

I don't understand why you wouldn't open them either... and I'm a collector of various things, so I actually even have that mentality.

I love Scandal, they're my favorite band right now... but they're a pop rock band in Japan, not the Beatles. None of their stuff is ever going to be worth more than it is now. It's true that a few of their very early items are now worth more than they were when new four years ago, but not really by very much, and that's temporary - that's just the market catching up to their current popularity. They're making and selling a lot more of their CD's and DVD's now than they did in 2008, so there's no more rarity for new items. Like it or not, in another 5 or 10 years Japan will be on to some new thing and all of Scandal's albums and singles from the current era (including the "limited" ones) will be selling at Book*Off for like 200 yen as people there dump their collections. It happens to all Japanese musical acts.

So you may as well open up and enjoy the stuff you buy from them. I'm sure the girls would want you to. They're not making CD's and DVD's so people can buy them and stick them on a shelf.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well as I said, I don't like unwrapping them, but I still do though. Like I bought my temptation box PB to look at the pictures.
And I also want the songs from it. But a lot of people probably leave the CD wrapped and download the songs somewhere from the internet. Even though I bought the CDs I wouldn't wanna do it cuz I don't feel like supporting the people that load SCANDAL's music up for others to download for free.

Well... Anyway, this is kinda going off topic.

Before someone asks about downloading again TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Shangyou

Shangyou

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer

In most countries, it is legal to create back-ups of the music from your CDs if you own the CDs but I'm not so sure about downloading them. However, distributing the music in any form (even uploading to YouTube or simply sharing them with a friend) is illegal.

Before someone asks about downloading again Appledoughedit2Before someone asks about downloading again Appledoughedit2
*Click above to Tweet me~!*
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:15 pm

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah this is kinda going off topic, I posted this in reply to a rash of people who signed up to SH just to ask for download links, it was extremely annoying for a period. That has stopped or slowed down a bit at least, so no need to worry about it for now.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:14 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
yeah, I was just putting up a topic that I hear a lot of people talking about, whether it's ok to download if you already have the CD. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back to top Go down