K-POP [Page 2 of 6]

Re: K-POP
Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lately I've been completely addicted to Electric Shock and Paparazzi

Social networks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:59 am

~kc~

~kc~

International Performer
International Performer
Goldenarms wrote:here's the list of my favorite K-Pop Groups

Girl's Generation
Wonder Girls
T-Ara
KARA
4Minute
Brown Eyed Girls
After School
2NE1
f(x)
Girls Day
Rainbow
miss A
Sistar
Dal Shabet
A Pink
Davichi
IU
C-Real
Brave Girls
Lee Hyori

Big Bang
TVXQ
JYJ
Super Junior
B2ST
2PM
2AM
SHINee
CN Blue
Se7en
Rain
B1A4
Infinite
EXO
Lee Seungi
Kim Taewoo
K Will

and a whole lot MOOOOOORE!!!!!! Onion Love Love

man that's one heck of a list. I think ur listening to almost all of Kpop artist out there. lol

I too did listen to a lot of kpop artist before, but now there's only few artist that I'm listening to. SNSD, KARA, IU, BoA to be exact.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

haruka0905

haruka0905

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well mine is

EXO (KAI is my most favorite!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
B2ST
B.A.P
NU'EST
MISS A
DAL SHABET
KARA
GIRLS GENERATION
TEEN TOP

(actually there's more but i'm too lazy to type it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm

CamilaOliveira

CamilaOliveira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://otomelifenew.blogspot.com.br/
I love Kpop too, my favorite groups, are 2NE1, Big Bang and Miss A, (I'm BlackJack, VIP, Say A fandoms) and soloists like the BoA, Lee Hyori,IU and Ailee.

And like ... KARA, Wonder Girls, SECRET, 4Minute.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:32 am

alrick13

alrick13

First time seeing this thread

I'm sharing something interesting and one of the very few articles that is based on facts regarding the Kpop industry and its comparison to Jpop

The Korean Invasion: Will K-pop make it in the US?
by: Rob Schwartz, Courtesy of Metropolis Magazinepublished: September 14, 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Supporters of Korean pop music have been trumpeting the arrival of hallyu, or the “Korean wave” of music, as a major world force for a number of years. There is no doubt that, with number-one singles and hot albums from superstars like Girls’ Generation, Kara and 2NE1, the global K-pop phenomenon is very present in Japan. But will K-pop break in the mainstream US, as writer Charles Ayres suggested in this column a few months ago [“The Last Word,” Feb 17]—the biggest and most influential music market in the world?

It’s not for lack of trying. Korean music management giant SM Entertainment produced “SM Town” at Madison Square Garden in October 2011 with an array of acts from its roster, including Girls’ Generation. This was a very rare showcase for K-pop at such a famous venue, and the company claimed the show was sold out. But despite it being a one-night-only special event, music insiders were aware of ticket giveaways. US-based Nicole Lent, who writes about Asian music, attended and said she saw, “a fair amount of empty seats.” Simply put, the show didn’t sell out despite the all-star line-up of the most powerful music company in Korea.

LA-based K-pop expert Alice Han, previously a consultant for SM in the US, notes that major US media and sponsors don’t have confidence in the genre. “The majority of press outlets focus on what’s trending here in the US, so it’s a bit of a challenge for Korean acts unless they are directly tied in with a popular US act. And, the majority of mainstream sponsors still believe K-pop falls under a niche market, therefore, they’re hesitant to bring a multimillion dollar budget.”

Nevertheless, there is no doubt that Kpop is making some progress in the States. For example, Jay Park (born Park Jae Beom) has found success with his 2012 New Breed album, which peaked at #4 on the Billboard World Albums chart. In addition, Girl’s Generation maxi-single “Boys” held an impressive #5 spot on the Heatseekers chart.

But in reality, sales for these two releases are meager. It’s possible to estimate New Breed’s total sales (digital and physical) at less than 4,000 units, and that of “Boys” as less than 9,000. Absurdly low considering these are the cream of the K-crop in the US so far this year. The figure for Girls’ Generation is even more shocking when you realize they accompanied the song’s release with a performance on The Late Show with David Letterman.

When you look at cold, hard sales figures, the claim of success for K-pop in the US does not stand up in the least.

And remember, in the music industry, more than in other businesses, “money talks and bull---- walks.”

Another overhyped point is that Korean artists are outclassing Japanese artists in the US. While it is clearly true that K-pop has received more attention in the US than J-pop recently, the situation of the two industries is so wildly different it makes the comparison moot. According to the International
Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), Japan is the second biggest music industry in the world, narrowly behind the US. In 2011 it did about $3 billion in physical (mainly CD) sales. That’s basically on par with the US. The intensely lucrative nature of the Japanese market—and the fact 84 percent of it is domestic (according the latest figures from the Record Industry Association of Japan)—make it almost ridiculous for a popular Japanese star to drop everything to try and break through in the US.

The situation is the opposite in Korea. Bernie Cho, president of DFSB Kollective, a Seoul-based music-marketing agency that was one of the first to make K-pop available internationally, notes, “Korean artists have no choice but to break out overseas. It’s not just a creative necessity, it’s a financial necessity because the Korean market is so small.”

Clearly, it’s absurd to compare the exports of Japanese and Korean music when one has a tremendous incentive to stay at home while the other has a tremendous incentive to go abroad.

In addition to this, the numbers are not actually in Korean artists’ favor when compared to (basically) the only Japanese artist who has seriously tried to break in the US in the last few years. Hikaru Utada made her second attempt at US success with her album This Is The One in 2009. Though many considered it a failure, it did grab the top position on the Heatseekers chart in May and rose to #71 on the overall Billboard albums chart (the Heatseekers chart is just for new artists). Billboard reported the album sold about 56,000 copies. Not very good, but better than any K-pop artist has done this year.

The upshot is, despite the hype for Kpop (and a lot of YouTube hits), the idea that it’s any kind of market force at all in the US is fallacious. If and when K-pop does break through to challenge the likes of Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Nicky Minaj or Bruce Springsteen, there will indeed be a seismic cultural shift—but it hasn’t happened yet.

Rob Schwartz is Tokyo Bureau Chief of Billboard magazine

Story and photo contributed by Metropolis Magazine

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@alrick13

Thanks, I read that with interest, I have nothing against K-Pop but prefer J-Pop.
The only Asian music sold in any numbers in England is Indian ( lots of Indian people )
My local HMV music store does actually have 'The GazettE' and 'Dir en grey' but no K-Pop at all.
PSY did make it to number one here like most of Europe, but K-Pop has a LONG way to go here.
My daughter has been to a couple of K-Pop Tours in London but said the Japanese bands had a much bigger crowd due to manga and anime and cosplay being popular here.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 am

jona DJ

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
well, i think:
- j-pop is not really popular but anime and vocaloid is.
- k-pop is pretty popular but k-drama not.

i'm no k-pop fan, and to be honest i don't really like girl bands and boy bands such as SNSD or super junior.
their dance move is pretty cool. their song is pretty catchy.
but...
i just don't like that kind of band. it's just a matter of likes.

but i like singers that have a good voice such as rain.
i listen to some k-pop, but not the typical k-pop songs.
i like the songs that is a bit sad and have some rap. k-raps is awesome!

my favorite korean song.
oh, and this...
and this one is not really sad but i think it's really "theatrical"

Last edited by jona DJ on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add link for my favorite korean song.)

me: GENKI DESU~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am

UYL

UYL

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was able to witness how the K-pop world has dominated my country, from 2ne1 being viewed in music channels, and so on...but i have no interest in K-pop.

People who misunderstand my fascination to Japanese Music are no different to those who really don't understand that MUSIC is a UNIVERSAL language.

Men 7900 lp battle damage received but in my turn? .cool.
OTK! I drained 8000 before the BP comes! GG
.tsk.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 pm

nhv_howell

nhv_howell

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
well if i'm bored i watch k-drama
or soundtrippin with both kpop and jpop
or anime

:onionrider: Lez do dizz :workhard:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm

junday

junday

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://cheonsangshinki.livejournal.com
kpop huuuhhh? well tbh i like korean songs... but it doesn't mean that i like kpop as whole... nope and never!! i never followed too much kpop groups these days.. there are too much kpop newbie groups these days and i just don't like it!!!
i like dbsk (tohoshinki), csjh (tenjochiki), 2pm, jj project, iu, leessang, and 15&... that's it..
i really like these groups and soloist because they are so talented....

signature: #o-Scandal-o@devianart
icons: Newtype@SH
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 am

bananadana

bananadana

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My sister influenced me into liking korean pop music. She was a fan of Girls' Generation. For a while, I was too but that was also around the same time I found out about SCANDAL so uh you know. I still like GG though but the main groups that I like are f(x) and SHINee. <-- groups of great dancers :D yeah.

"
a universe in love
we wouldn't let anyone get in the way
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:57 am

JAMnBreadMusic

JAMnBreadMusic

Caless Student
Caless Student
bananadana wrote:My sister influenced me into liking korean pop music. She was a fan of Girls' Generation. For a while, I was too but that was also around the same time I found out about SCANDAL so uh you know. I still like GG though but the main groups that I like are f(x) and SHINee. <-- groups of great dancers :D yeah.

Believe it or not, my story is the same.  My sister got me into K-Pop after watching BigBang's "Blue" music video. 

My favorite groups are: SNSD, Exo, BigBang, 2NE1, Shinee, f(x) and CNBlue.  My top three are SNSD, Exo, and CNBlue, though.

I know a few other groups, but I do not listen to them on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 am

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@sourchicken  .tsk. you think you listen to too much kpop not when i tell you mine (i dont even know if i could) .silence. 

that's for the last 7 days  .whistle. look at that apink madness there .wtf. 

the only non koreans are YUI, SCANDAL, miwa, hikki, and non korean songs are Tohonshinki (Japanese songs only), and KARA (tho i used the same tags for both japanese and korean songs)

yea i been too addicted to apink like it's a fix i need it everyday or else i go crazy .fustrated. haha if you wwant you can check out my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] page you can see what i listen to .stars. 

“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:57 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
@Akuma you surely like APink

@Alrick: the article is interesting, almost all of it is true. other bands in Korea have this English versions of their songs just to spread in the US as what as your example is the SNSD "BOYS" well that song has 3 version korean/japanese/english. haven't you noticed korean girl/boy group have this 'japanese version' of their song and sail through japan to promote their song. but it's rare to find a Japanese girl/boy group or band to have this korean version of their song.

jona DJ wrote: - j-pop is not really popular but anime and vocaloid is.
- k-pop is pretty popular but k-drama not.
I agree to this. most of ppl here in SH discovered SCANDAL through anime's right? while K-Drama only have 2-3 OST's and not like on anime's that usually change their op or ed song.  

on KPOP they are more on visuals (that's why it's common for them to be not natural and somehow they undergone to surgery)... as you can see there are only FEW bands on Korea that really plays instrument and most of them are from FNC (CNBLUE, Juniel, FT island, and AOA) and this new one Bebop. I like Kpop I must say, before I was more on Kpop until SCANDAL came. not being on any sides, 

Kpop- most of the time when they do stage performance they do lip syncing because they're dancing. only those bands of soloist don't unless the soloist is dancing too. sometimes on a girl group or by ground like SNSD, T-Ara, Apink, EXO, shinee, not all of them has a good voice that's why some are only dancing and when they sing their voice edited. 

I have a lot to say to Kpop since I've been a fan for a long time. I even get along on the changes, I must say Kpop before is a lot better than now, Shinhwa, Wondergirls, Lyn, JYJ. they all have a good voice. before their fashion is really a flop but now as you can see Korea's fashion is a trend.

while one JPOP/JROCK- I'm only been for this for a while, tho I'm a fan of anime for a long time already but I never tried to check some of the ep or ed song. as you can notice there are more bands in Japan. once I thought that what lacks J-groups are visuals...yes there are a lot of pretty girls on a girl group but not all of them is natural. that's why I more admire a band. like SCANDAL they are natural because it's the talent they sell it's the music not their appearances, tho appearance can help.

on overall, a fan usually like a band/group when there is someone they like. and most of the time that person they 'like' is usually pretty or handsome right?

well I don't really know what am I saying here XD

FAVORITE KPOP GROUPS/soloist:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 am

ErinacchiLove

ErinacchiLove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://erinacchilove.tumblr.com/
I've been listening to K-pop since early 2010 when I heard Girls' Generation's Run Devil Run (which is still one of my favourite songs ever). Since then I've listened to many different groups and solo artists (mainly female because I like to sing along when I listen to music and it's easier for me as a girl to sing along to songs originally sung by girls). Girls' Generation and KARA are my favourite groups but I also like 2NE1, 4minute, f(x), Secret and some others I listen to on very irregular basis (like T-ARA and Wondergirls). Of the solo artists I like Ailee, BoA and IU the most.

My ultimate biases are Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon from SoShi and SeungYeon from KARA.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The only k-pop band I really like (love actually) is f(x). No other comes close.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 pm

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@tomochi yea way too much haha
@erinachilove ooo you like KARA? nicole was my bias and always will be (sad she's not there anymore) .waaa. i like seungyeon too! well i like them all <3 they're like my fave group as well

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't know much kpop, but I do like KARA (Hara is soooo pretty O_O) and SNSD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 pm

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yay another KARA fan! yea i agreed hara is like a living doll haha  LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 am

ErinacchiLove

ErinacchiLove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://erinacchilove.tumblr.com/
KARA is awesome^^ I'm really sad that Nicole and JiYoung have left, I liked them both, but I will support the new members too once they've been chosen. Can't wait to see what they're like^^ I'm hoping for strong vocals and good rapping skills.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
I can feel KARA fans here :D seriously I like their songs. but not totally them gomen.  .shy. 
I like their song Damaged lady.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 pm

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@erina yea i was super devestated when nicole (my bias)and jiyoung left *well i knew it will eventually happened since the incident and complication happened. but yea i won't be judging until i see how the two new members are and once a kamilia always a kamilia. i not gonna hate them just co they got new members since kara went thru member changes before and a lot of kpop group does it as well.

@tomochi well no worries the more the listen to them the more you'll like them and the members  .uhuh. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:56 am

SoulSnatcher911

SoulSnatcher911

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
T-ara!!!! LOVE

A little bit of SNSD too

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:33 am

acquy1311

acquy1311

Caless Student
Caless Student
The only one Kpop group i interested in is T-ara  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:54 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Let's see...

Group - Favorite Member

KARA - Seungyeon (Youngji is soooo cute though)
LADIES'CODE - EunB (RIP)
AOA - Jimin
SNSD - Sunny
Girl's Day - Hyeri

I'm not into dude groups though I like
Royal Pirates
yb
Guyz
FT ISLAND
CNBLUE
Kim Jaejoong (Rock songs only)

櫻井義郎