Go down

Re: 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」
Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Squall wrote:I also hope that this single is just an experiment because I don't like it overall. And one thing for sure is that Haru's voice changed and I'm really disappointed. They need to take a break because now Haru's voice will only get worse.

well comparing their schedules now and before i would say that they have taken quite a long break for their standards. harukaze was released 6 months after BA and love survive, and this is going to be released 5 months after harukaze. in addition to a 5 month gap between their current tour and their last one, and 1 budokan performance in march, i don't see how much longer they can rest before people start to think they are on hiatus. considering just last year they already released 3 singles by july, plus another single and a mini album between TB and BA, i personally consider their workload now to be much less heavy than last year.

we gotta accept the fact that haru's voice may permanently sound different from last time due to the unusually heavy amount of activities they had last year, and likely no amount of rest could restore it, unless they really decide to go on hiatus, which is out of the question given their level of popularity now, sony would definitely not allow it, although it's not like the girls would consider it anyway..

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

..in fact Haru's voice has actually gotten better recently, although it has changed permanently. Compare those Budokan clips and this year's Ontama with some of the shows from the middle of last year, at least now she can actually sing properly. We're gonna have to accept that they won't sound the same anymore. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure there's a change but at least it offers an opportunity for the band to reinvent itself. Imagine if Haru didn't recover.

With regard to the loss of her "old" voice, we have to remember as bad as we feel what do you all think Haru herself feels?

I don't think the band needs a long hiatus anymore and I think the band feels the same way too. I mean look at how grueling the IDO tour schedule is. To me this shows that the band is confident the worse is behind them. As long as they pace themselves and Haru looks after herself, they'll be fine.

And omg I haven't heard Supersonic in literally 15 years! That was a cool share. And to get back on topic, I hope those 2 novelty songs get PVs. Especially Koi no Hajimaru 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 3566927540

Edit: Oh, I forgot something. For those who haven't watched SCANDAL's appearance on Bokura no Ongaku, check this out as an example of how Haru's "new" voice can sound pretty good.

http://vimeo.com/40486711

http://vimeo.com/37639988

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 pm

azunyan1

Caless Student
Caless Student
from Wikipedia

Fan
, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something, such as a band,or entertainer. Fans of a particular thing or person
constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being a member of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail
, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention.

it's only a preview guys not the whole song. but whatever it is, it's still SCANDAL, as fan, you must stop saying that you don't like it or what, you're just making an early false review although the whole song is not yet been released. stop whining about the new single, instead we must help them promote their music to the world.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 341170

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
azunyan1 wrote:from Wikipedia

Fan
, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something, such as a band,or entertainer. Fans of a particular thing or person
constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being a member of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail
, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention.

it's only a preview guys not the whole song. but whatever it is, it's still SCANDAL, as fan, you must stop saying that you don't like it or what, you're just making an early false review although the whole song is not yet been released. stop whining about the new single, instead we must help them promote their music to the world.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 341170

Dude as much as we are fans we need to critical about the world around us... we can't be blind fans. Thats just silly... I'm sorry but I don't particularly like people who think their one band is the best. Yes SCANDAL is great and unique but on countrary not everything they make we could consider is top notch. We'd like the world to experience quality rather than just cute girls who are in a band and get bagged out about it.

Anyway I seem to be liking the single slowly taiyou SCANDALous seems pretty cool. I've been waitng for the supposed radio version of it.... AHH HURRY UP AND GO ON SALE ALREADY!! .hora.

The more I think about it the more its repeating on my head urgh .whistle.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Mirytie

Mirytie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Based on the comments, I thought the single was horrible but I'm quite pleased by it.
Haruna's voice is clearly better, Taiyou SCANDALOUS is a rocky rocky song like...Nanka Buttobase I think (I love that type of musics). Actually, Welcome Home is the music I like less on the single...but it seems some people thinks that's the best music on the single, so I don't want to criticize.
Koi no Hajimari wa Diet is freat! Rina's voice really surprised me in a good way. They should let her sing more.
Finally, Cherry Jam: it sound weird at first but the truth is that, that music makes me smile, and have that summer-ish feeling they say they wanted to transmite

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 295982_4318448326990_420683964_n

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 MMuserbar
"Pouring tears, Its not being weak, Its not regret,
Its pieces from my pain"

-Namida no Regret
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Squall

Squall

Caless Student
Caless Student
bleachnlife wrote:Yes SCANDAL is great and unique but on countrary not everything they make we could consider is top notch. We'd like the world to experience quality rather than just cute girls who are in a band and get bagged out about it.
Exactly, this is why I like these girls because they can actually play. They have improved a lot over the years and that makes it even more amazing, so that's why I'm worried about Haru's voice. I don't care if her "old" voice can't come back, I just hope it doesn't get bad to the point where she won't be able to sing. I would really like SCANDAL to be on stage for many years, with Haru on lead vocals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 pm

azunyan1

Caless Student
Caless Student
bleachnlife wrote:

Dude as much as we are fans we need to critical about the world around us... we can't be blind fans. Thats just silly... I'm sorry but I don't particularly like people who think their one band is the best. Yes SCANDAL is great and unique but on countrary not everything they make we could consider is top notch. We'd like the world to experience quality rather than just cute girls who are in a band and get bagged out about it.

For me they're the best all-Girl Rock Band hands down!, again.... FOR ME, but i'm not saying that everything that they make is top-notch. they're just simply the BEST for me that's all.

You don't need to be a top-notch for you to be consider the Best, am i right? it's a matter of faith and contentment.

Like the others i also don't like the preview of Cherry Jam and KOI NO HAJIMARI HA DIET, but i'm not saying anything at all, i'm just stating to my previous post that instead of saying negative things like "you don't like it" or what , promoting it is much better rather than saying those things. the world might like it or ignore it but at least you promoted it.

I understand though that criticizing them makes them even more good artist in the future. peace 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 804545

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:46 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
in my opinion, for what the preview give us, the songs don't look so difficult for haru's actually voice, so I don't understand why everyone is so worry about this ^^''' I understand that some fans will be always worry about some other problems with her voice in the future, but I don't think they will be "stupid" again. I mean, with their actually vocal trainer haru made great progress and this is good. so also the songs are for her actually conditions.
let's wait for a performance ahah 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 795231

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm

voltran

voltran

Caless Student
Caless Student
I see and hear so much change in this single
no more rock song like shunkan sentimental or love survive
their outfit, it just looks like girlband or idol + they not holding their instrument,
I use that cover for my laptop my wallpaper and my friend said " damn dude, now you a girlband fans" (my friend know that I like J-rock music)
J-rock music is still popular in Japan right??
a couple weeks ago Stereopony just released their single, "stand by me"
and that's rock
some anime also using rock song for its soundtrack

So somebody can tell me what happen??
is that some change to keep their existence??

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:54 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
voltran wrote:they not holding their instrument
They've never been holding their instruments on an album cover, and definitely most of their single covers don't have the instruments. There's nothing new there with this single.

It still sounds like Scandal to me and before I came to the thread I thought personally Haruna's voice sounded better than it ever has since 2010 and earlier. To me it seems like a lot of people are always so worried about her voice and if Scandal is changing... if you look hard enough for any problems you can find them, even if it's not really there. Happy

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Mirytie

Mirytie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
voltran wrote:

I think now they're expiriencing new stuff, since, as you heard, Rina sings in this one, what usally doesn't happen. I think they doesn't need to change to keep their existence since they have so many fans already.
A try out would make more sense in their music. As for their image, maybe that's on sony and the girl's manager. .cool.
All this within the single contest (musics and cover).

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 295982_4318448326990_420683964_n

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 MMuserbar
"Pouring tears, Its not being weak, Its not regret,
Its pieces from my pain"

-Namida no Regret
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
voltran wrote:
scandal as a group are growning and finding their own "music style", it's normal than they "change" and try different music styles everytime as much as they can. they also keep fans and listener interested on their realease making they think "oh new scandal music? wonder what music style they will play this time!"
I don't find all this change anyway XD they are less "indie" and it's something I love, their music become everytime more difficult and not with just easy sounds and guitars solos.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Sabroni

Sabroni

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's easy to be put off when a band does something in a totally different style to normal but this single has a tune written by the guy from Orange Range and two tunes done by Scandal sub-units. All three of these should be pretty different to a "normal" Scandal rock song. I think it's great that the girls have the confidence to step outside of their comfort zone and try some different styles. If you find they're changing in a way you don't enjoy then you stop listening but a band has to change or it just stagnates.
macdyne73 posted a link to some Vimeo clips earlier on to show how he thinks Haruna's voice has changed but is still good. (I think he's right, she's grown older and her voice has changed, it's not unusual) I just watched one and I don't think there's any chance that Scandal the rock band will become Scandal the pop idols, they just love playing live too much.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:51 am

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
Sabroni wrote:I don't think there's any chance that Scandal the rock band will become Scandal the pop idols, they just love playing live too much.

I agree! I could never imagine SCANDAL suddenly dropping their instruments in favor of being a girl group (duh?). They wouldn't be SCANDAL anymore if they did that and I don't think they would want to do that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:22 am

TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, these are my reactions so far when I listened to the previews for the third time already.

Taiyou SCANDALOUS is produced by ORANGE RANGE's Naoto-kun and said that it has a summer feeling into it. I am quite happy that it's very rockish and I like how Haruna sings now (maybe she had some time to rest before their IDO tour). The only thing that disappoints me is that the summer feeling is not there. Well, it's just a preview but since it's summer in japan, I want this single to be the best during summer. Also, it sounds best for an anime opening. I hope the full version surprises me more. .smile.

Welcome Home is part of the regular edition, yeah. I like the rock feeling like it did on Taiyou SCANDALOUS and I love the chorus. There's one thing that bugs me though. Whenever I hear the chorus, I feel all deja vu! It's like I heard that particular rhythm from another song somewhere or maybe it's just me. Anyways, I love it. Hope the full version comes out soon! .clap.

Koi wa hajimaru no Diet is HaRina's duo song. It's a pop song not rock since it mostly uses synthesizer effects. I always wonder what it would sound like if they did it with rock rather than pop. Rina drumming and singing a full verse is a start but she already did that on Sunny Day Sunday and some parts in ALONES and Asterisk. Well, what can I say? It's a very nice song (but still would rather choose rock). LOVE

Cherry jam is Dobondobondo duo's song. Yet again, synthesizer effects. I kind of agree with a particular member here that it's like all talk rather than with catchy rhythm's. Dobondobondo no Theme is much more cool than Cherry Jam (in my opinion) CANTA Depressed but we'll have to expect much more when the full version comes out.

Throughout the whole single, I'm a bit disappointed. All I hope is that SCANDAL will never ever move to the pop genre and stick to the rock genre. Rock is better for them. Nice one
And give me a good reason why they would drop their instruments and become pop idols, HUH?! .nani.

Last edited by ILYRina-chan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled hope with hop.)

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 am

ZX636

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
To each their own really. If you don't like something then you have the right to say so. Just because your a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything they produce.

With that said I think that the band is just trying to broaden their works. I really think that Almond Crush and DobonDobon is just something they came up with for themselves and their fans. Its all for fun. When it comes down to it the girls will be a band through and through. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 924158

@ AM2 (2011) - Autograph Panel

Tomomi - "You smell good!"

Me - "...." 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 79339
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:24 pm

TomomixOgawa

TomomixOgawa

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Radio Rip of Taiyou Scandalous

*edit*
Sony has removed it... well this sucks. Onion Depress

Last edited by TomomixOgawa on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
HOMG its blocked already!!! AHHHH~!!! SONY STOP IT!!! Can anyone reupload it? I"M SO Desperate to hear!!! LOVE

Last edited by bleachnlife on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Peak , i was just about to hear it Uwah!

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Pixela1013th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:37 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
init fam, y do they keep killing it

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:09 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
sony is surprsingly faster now, eh?? Sad( i was also about to listen to it

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:12 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
i dont no y, but it seems like sony was ready 4 it, they knew that someone will upload it as soon as they released it.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:16 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ or maybe they follow this topic and waited for someone to share it Uwah! and as merciless as always he took it down. .wtf.

edit: the radio rip was uploaded 3 days ago

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Anil92

Anil92

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
the HELL is wrong with sony?????????? .mad. .mad. !!! i was about to listen to it.. .whiteflag. ..
*sigh*

Cant anyone re-upload it?
.smile.

SCANDAL Band 4 EVER!! .upwalk.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:52 pm

harukazeharuhara

harukazeharuhara

International Performer
International Performer
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l8M8dak3qjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Credits to: DAL0308

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 10 X0uHW
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum