Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Ah, it's finally out!! 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 572615

guess what I'll be watching for the next 72 hours ahaha
LOVE IT.
Definitely a summer feel. Makes me not hate summer so much xD

The little rivalry between Almond Crush and Dobondobondo is nothing but adorable 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 12776
Also this was my first time hearing the entire song, and I love it as well.

I don't think people should worry so much about SCANDAL changing. When I hear Taiyou SCANDALOUS I still feel the same SCANDAL that I felt when I first heard Shoujo S~
Not that they haven't grown musically, but it's still the same SCANDAL at it's core^^
I really like Haru's voice here. It's got a new "sexy" feeling to it lol At some points I kinda thought it was Mami singing for a sec. Since she has that "punk-ish/sexy" voice.

And yes the PV ending is indeed "quite scandalous" xD
I want to know the lyrics for this song lol Might make the PV a little more understandable.
I love how they just like to play around. I don't think SCANDAL meant anything serious at the end haha

I also really like how they got all white instruments to fit their outfits lol
They are gorgeous :3

Last edited by Ono Sasazaki on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Re: 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」
Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 am

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@ Innoveda ~ there are plenty more. not just that haha. both are great PVs and they sure are refreshing enough to give the summer aura..

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 am

SummerTris

SummerTris

Caless Student
Caless Student
The PV is refreshing, although I had my doubts at first, I accept it with an open mind.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 570791_460s_v1
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I approve. Great, fun video for a fun, upbeat song. That riff that Mami plays is going to stay in my head for awhile.

Dobondobon vs Almond Crush? The winner would be...

.. all of us! A great concept that fits well with the single.

On another note, while it's all fine and dandy to disagree/disapprove some of us here really need to lighten up a bit. There was NOTHING sexual about this video at all. It's a video with people at the pool playing water sports and as such, are dressed accordingly. Don't read so much into it. It's just for fun, just relax.

I also agree that TaiKimi in fact, had more fan service that this.

And yes! Haru sounded great and I love those shots of Timo. What a fine young woman... 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 891450

Oh btw, I find that synchronized swimming bit a bit odd but hey! it's summer! Whatever man!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 am

gaLa_LiannE08

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love the PV!. Competition between Almond Crush and Dobondobondo!. It's ON!..Haha, just joking..I love how they've put a story in their new PV. I was hoping for that!.

And I agree @Ono Sasazaki. They've shown their playful part here.
Before I'm still uncertain about this new single and the changes that is happening to them, but now I think they were all erased. I still screamed like a fangirl gone wild!..And the last part, I don't know what to say..Haha, I'm a bit confuse if I like it or not.

P.S.
Tomo is sooo cute here!.. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 12776
And Rina playing the drums afloat water!..My respect to her just gone up again.. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 620191

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Depart10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:53 am

FoodHeaven

FoodHeaven

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
YAY! Its finally out!!! .clap. Thanks for the links guys !! you've done a good job ^^.
(WARNING, this comment may contain thoughts that may provoke some people)
Spoiler:

Here is my other opinion that you may all agree on
Spoiler:

If you have read both of them i'm sure that you may think that 2 different people wrote them but nope. Its just me XD. Hope you enjoyed the irony between the 2. I know that it felt awkward for me when i re-read them XD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I don't get how people are getting pissed about the bikini parts... guys this is not an AV video and is far from one! You need to calm your farm!

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:15 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Hmmm... ok,, i like the mv but truthfully, it saddens me that the unique scandal i used to know is gone and now they're like one of those mainstream idols nowadays except that they play instruments and a garage rock genre...

And that at the ending,, i still dont want to think deeply about it..since everyone is like controversial about this. Lol!

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
bleachnlife wrote:when tomo does her solo and their sitting in a group you don't just sing in a subtle tone its a frinking race you suppose to cheer!!

I have to agree with this. You see Haruna singing so cheerfully and when switched to Tomomi I was like "Eh?" Her mood doesn't fit with the scene imho, it would be nice if she's her usually energetic self. She's still great nonetheless.

An enjoyable PV all in all. I didn't see a single female member disliked the PV, so I'm wondering some guys didn't like it. It has an 'idol' feel to it indeed, but I don't think they're going to continue going to that side further. And come on, it's not everyday that it's Summer! Haha. Peace Onion

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 am

Innoveda

Innoveda

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Spoiler:

I've gone through my posts and bolded what I think is important in my posts, and then underlined the what I thought was good about the PV. I'll make this nice and clear now so people stop misunderstanding.
I'm NOT pissed off at this PV. I'm simply saying what I THOUGHT of some parts. No, I do NOT dislike the actual PV. I was just a bit :/ about the concept. I still like it, it's SCANDAL. There are points in it that I liked. I liked the way they did their hair/the hats, I liked the stage on which they performed on, I liked how they looked like they were having fun.
And if you still somehow manage to misunderstand and think I hate this PV, that I am pissed off... Great. Have fun thinking whatever you want, have fun feeling like you should facepalm at the fact that "I'm annoyed" at this.
Too bad if I sounded pissed off in this. I just wanted to make myself clear.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 BelphegorSig1
Signature credit goes to Goku from Zelda-Infinite!

Heh, Belphegor's Character Song (Arashi no Ouji)... As much as I love Belphegor, I gotta lol at his Character Song.

Shishishi~! It spilled my Royal Blood... My heart won't stop beating...!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Innoveda wrote:
Spoiler:

I've gone through my posts and bolded what I think is important in my posts, and then underlined the what I thought was good about the PV. I'll make this nice and clear now so people stop misunderstanding.
I'm NOT pissed off at this PV. I'm simply saying what I THOUGHT of some parts. No, I do NOT dislike the actual PV. I was just a bit :/ about the concept. I still like it, it's SCANDAL. There are points in it that I liked. I liked the way they did their hair/the hats, I liked the stage on which they performed on, I liked how they looked like they were having fun.
And if you still somehow manage to misunderstand and think I hate this PV, that I am pissed off... Great. Have fun thinking whatever you want, have fun feeling like you should facepalm at the fact that "I'm annoyed" at this.
Too bad if I sounded pissed off in this. I just wanted to make myself clear.

To help you out a bit, beware of the use of the term "perverted". It has a very, very negative connotation. Tone it down a bit and you might sound less pissed off maybe.

Relax man, it's ok to have an opinion and it's ok for others to have an opinion about opinions too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 am

Naomi

Naomi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.fanfiction.net/~naomi208
in the end i was hoping for swimming challenge !
thats what i think they were going to do when i saw them taking their t`s off!

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Sig10

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Scandal_heaven_userbar2
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Sh_cov15
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:24 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Naomi wrote:in the end i was hoping for swimming challenge !

Exactly! We have a mature person here! .clap. Why are people thinking its a bikini show of SCANDAL?

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 am

Innoveda

Innoveda

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
>opinions about opinions
Oh hohohohoho! I see what you did there. :DDD

Actually, since I saw the the picture of the last scene before I watched the PV, I did think it was going to be a swimming challenge when I saw the pool at the start. Sadly, I got distracted by my "opinions" and forgot about that...

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 BelphegorSig1
Signature credit goes to Goku from Zelda-Infinite!

Heh, Belphegor's Character Song (Arashi no Ouji)... As much as I love Belphegor, I gotta lol at his Character Song.

Shishishi~! It spilled my Royal Blood... My heart won't stop beating...!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:36 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The PV lagged like all hell when I proxied it, so I can't say much about the song quality, from the radio rip it seems like I'll enjoy the song but as for the PV...

In a scale of Shunkan Sentimental and Happy Rotation, I'd put it between TaiKimi and Ponytail to Shushuu

Now that I wrote it, I had no idea what that meant.

Well nevertheless, it had all the classic hallmarks of a summer SCANDAL music, they just combined the wetness of Shoujo S with the outfits of TaiKimi.

That last part was slightly offputting, (hell, won't be surprised if next year they go all the way, but meh, they're like 20+ ladies, all good) but other than that the PV was solid in general. Compared to Harukaze, it was better IMO.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 am

Shark

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I can actually understand it if some people, especially guys, found this video to be a little "too much". And I'm not saying they did anything seriously provocative in the PV. Just that many might have expected something else.

However for me, I didn't like as much as some of the others. But it was okay and the girls looked great. The version I watched was pretty bad quality so didn't get alot of facial expressions etc.

But chill out guys. SCANDAL isn't turning into superficial "beach girls" for real. It's just an act! 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 438254

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:13 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Every summer they bust my blood vessels doing stuff like this. LOL

But i've come to realise that this may be a result of a cultural difference;people in Japan look upon swimsuits and bikinis like you and I look upon t-shirts and jeans.At least this time,they could say that they were going swimming.In the Taikimi vid that fanservice shot was completely out of place.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:24 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wow I'm positive suprised by this PV! it was fun to watch and I smiled a lot at some scenes.
well, the swimmers were a bit weird but they were funny.
And Timo and Haru looked really good in this, I wish I had such hair hehe 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 572615
The song gets somehow better everytime I hear it.

Edit: I also think this is a better PV than Harukaze. Wink

Last edited by ~Tomami~ on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:29 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Shark wrote:I can actually understand it if some people, especially guys, found this video to be a little "too much".

Too much speedo amirite? Wink

lol no seriously I think this video had more eyecandy for the female fans than the guys in some ways...

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Right, I have now watched the 'Taiyou SCANDALOUS' PV.
I also think it captures that AKB summer feel of "Ponytail to Shushu" and
"Everyday" but at the same time it is a thousand miles from the limits of good
taste that AKB get very close to.
Strange how all the female members seemed happy with the PV, perhaps they
liked the guys in the speedo's...only joking.
I also felt the ending was just a swimming challenge, but I would not mind
being wrong !

But how come Tomomi had the shortest shorts...hehe.
The only other concern is that Sony seem unsure of how to market the girls, we know they are not idols.

Last edited by tonymiller on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 am

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
@320x200: so I guess finally both genders each have their own fan service in a SCANDAL vid.. haha =Dp

Naomi wrote:in the end i was hoping for swimming challenge !
Right on, +1 to that. Happy

My opinion on the ending part:
The ending scene was just a back shot of Dobon dobon duo v.s. Almond Crush starting a swimming competition. Of course, they had to remove their shirts/tops to swim freely. (obviously they were wearing bikinis underneath) Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
ok i spent the best part of this afternoon trying to rip out the actual video from the sony music channel so i could upload it somewhere else, but for some reason i failed terribly with all my usual methods, even when taking region proxies into consideration Onion Tsk

anyway, about the song, it sounded better than what i heard from the preview. although it's a different type of summer song from taikimi, which had a happy summer feel while this had a rockish summer feel, but i still like it. and their costumes is starting to grow on me as well. i disliked it when i first saw it, but i guess it fits pretty well with the overall theme of the pv. the only thing that still bugs me is mami's green hair, that will need a VERY long time to get used to .

about the pv, i like it a lot, seeing all that water really makes me want to swim, and they looked like they had a lot of fun making the pv, especially in the water gun scene. i really liked how they showed their mini rivalry in this pv. and haru's face at 4:39 was pure LOVE (must have been the effect of the hand action) it was also a good video job there with the extras being able to enhance the overall feel to the pv while not distracting us from the main characters.

possibly the few things that bugged me were how differently haru and tomo expressed themselves when they were singing while cheering for their teams (1:02). haru was singing so excitedly, while tomo..... just sat there and sang with a sultry look? come on, at least show some enthusiasm. and also how it was a guy flying up from the water at 2:44... i guess my cheerleader friend showed me too many cheerleading videos, im more used to seeing female flyers than guys.

about the last scene, it never ever crossed my mind that they were going for a swimming competition, but at the same time no negative thoughts ever entered my mind as well. all i thought was that, it's the end of the show, good job everyone, let's have fun in the water like everyone else.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 am

zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Is it only mi that feels lyk the song got cut of abruptly at certain parts?
I listen from 2 different youtube links but felt the same.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's hard to rip the youtube vid without an actual japanese IP.

The only way I can see it is to get a VPN or get someone from Japan to rip the video and then upload it to mediafire or something.

Anybody here from Japan?

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 14 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
jps is up

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook